PDA

View Full Version : weight losing idea involving computer

a600hz
07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
About a month ago my brother brought his 40 inch plasma and decided to play World of Warcraft, but knowing he is the kind of person who works out regularly he put it in the back connected to his laptop and he had a usb mouse/keyboard connected to it.

Well.. He got on the exercise bike and worked out.. While he played played world of warcraft on a 40 inch plasma o.o

At first I thought it just looked cool, and eventually i decided to try it out. I put my laptop on the treadmill with a band around it to secure it so it wouldn't fall and just took a pair of headphones.. I managed to stay on it for 2 hours with no problem, time went by so quickly..

What do you guys think? Would it be worth while, or just hazardous to the laptop, It could fall if you don't secure it well. true.

sakuralove
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM
sound fine so long as your careful to drink water and secure the hardware. i go to a gym at a hotel i stay at every year for vacation and they put tvs on there tredmills. i stayed in an eliptical for 2 hours and didnt even notice it untill the room closed. its a great idea, just stay hydrated and makesure to eat if your only for a really long time. and you may get sore if you lose track of time...

Kasinator
07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
every gamer should have that setup :D seriously. nothing wrong with it at all.

distantarray
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
I would think it's hazardous to your laptop mainly because a treadmill should shake, and over time it can shake quite a bit. Also watch out with Plasma screens they're notorious for burn ins. If you watch a completely white screen you can see images clearly on the screen from icons that doesn't move very often like your tool bar in world of warcraft. This ruined my 52 inch plasma tv that was $2500. Well it wasn't terrible but if I kept on playing it longer than a month than it would've been pretty bad. LCD's are the way to go if your going to game.

89th_Alice
07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Haha, sound great. Someone else here on the forums does something similar right?

Personally I like to make myself comfortable while gaming, so this isn't really for me. I keep gaming as a reward for working out :)

p8ntballsniper8
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I always feel lazy if I play a video game for more than an hour or so. Like that guilty feeling that I should go do something active.

Fortunately I'm getting an elliptical once I move into my apartment at school so working out and playing should be easy.

a600hz
07-23-2010, 10:07 PM
lol did i say plasma? i meant to say LCD, I have an eliptical, bike, and treadmill, both have large screens and a small piece of plastic on the bottom to hold something except for treadmill, but honestly i don't have problems with shaking.. my brother use to just have the keyboard tied to the bike and the mouse next to him on a table, the laptop would be on the table along side the television

distantarray
07-23-2010, 11:44 PM
lol did i say plasma? i meant to say LCD, I have an eliptical, bike, and treadmill, both have large screens and a small piece of plastic on the bottom to hold something except for treadmill, but honestly i don't have problems with shaking.. my brother use to just have the keyboard tied to the bike and the mouse next to him on a table, the laptop would be on the table along side the television

I'd love to see him over do it in a intense 25 man raid oneday, going "OK GUYS PHASE 2 STAY OUT OF THE VOID ZONES, PHASE 3 EVERYONE COME TOGET............. AHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CRAMP CRAMP CRAMP!!!!!! ventrilo people going WTF????" :bigtu:

SilverSteam
07-23-2010, 11:54 PM
hahaha!! i imagnied my uncle who raids on world of warcraft with me on a tredmill beside him screaming cramp and his mic picking it up instead of one person.. i imagined it! lol wow!

mangakaluna
07-26-2010, 12:17 AM
My mom has been doing that for about 5 years...

She has her desk up on cinderblocks and rides a stationary bike while she plays. That way, everything on the desk is still secure! She plays for 2-4 hours at a time and gets a great workout. Just make sure you stay hydrated!