PDA

View Full Version : popular cosplay?

LavenderCrimson
07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I've noticed that a lot of people have been cosplaying Kuroshitsuji lately (or maybe I'm just noticing now because I began watching it this year?) but me and my friends are cosplaying Kuroshitsuji and were wondering whoes cosplayed the most?

Mehdia
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I've seen more of Ciel in the pink dress than I've seen anything else really. I mean, it's a pretty dress, but I've pretty much become worn out seeing it. I think out of your list I see the fewest of Madam Red and Elizabeth. I had a ton of fun being Madam Red, but she's pretty under-cosplayed compared to some of the other characters.

magicalgirlj
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I've seen more of Ciel in the pink dress than I've seen anything else really. I mean, it's a pretty dress, but I've pretty much become worn out seeing it. I think out of your list I see the fewest of Madam Red and Elizabeth. I had a ton of fun being Madam Red, but she's pretty under-cosplayed compared to some of the other characters.

I know, I wish I could worn that dress to my prom. But yes I see Ciel the most. He always the cutest outfits

Braithcakes
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I see Sebastian and female Ciels the most.

only really his dress and his green outfit here though. I have seen one of his blue outfits, and his winter cloak.

uhm...I hadn't seen a madam red untill this weekend and I was like YAY she's amazing~

Grell and undertaker are becoming less rare.

I hardly ever see a pluto or an elizabeth or william or...really any other character.

Saw my first Alois over the weekend though.

Mehdia
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I see Sebastian and female Ciels the most.

only really his dress and his green outfit here though. I have seen one of his blue outfits, and his winter cloak.

uhm...I hadn't seen a madam red untill this weekend and I was like YAY she's amazing~

Grell and undertaker are becoming less rare.

I hardly ever see a pluto or an elizabeth or william or...really any other character.

Saw my first Alois over the weekend though.

That was one of the reasons I chose Madam Red (that and my friends had all called dibs on Ciel, Sebastian, and Grell). She's very under-cosplayed for being such an awesome character. I can't wait to get to go to another convention so I can wear the costume again. It's a pain with a steel boned corset and all the layers, but god the final product is awesome!

Braithcakes
07-26-2010, 06:10 PM
yeah.

I saw a flash of bright red while I was walking, and scurried back to where I saw it out of curiosity, and she was in a steampunk booth looking at the satin tophats and I was like 0_0

MAAADDAAAAAAM REEEEEEEEED!!!!

was amazing.

Mehdia
07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Very cool! There were a few at A-kon this year and I got to take pictures with a few during a meet-up photo shoot thingy^^ It was fun. The Madam needs more love though! She's such an awesome character.

Cogetas
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I see Ciel's pink ball gown more than anything else. IMO it's definitely over-cosplayed o.0

Grell is also extremely popular at the Dallas cons I've been to.

I've seen a few people wear Undertaker, Finny, Maylene, and Elizabeth.

I'm a retired Undertaker cosplayer myself :) He's the bees knees.

Tabby-chan
08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
ill be cosplaying as ciel :) not the dress version though. i thought about it when i first saw the 1st season but changed my mind when i burned myself out on seeing it all the time XD still very pretty cosplay, i just wouldnt do it now. at least not till it dies down a little. same thing with naruto cosplay.

Yumikire
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
It seems like everywhere I turn someone is cosplaying black butler, it's a nice change of pace from naruto and bleach. Don't get me wrong I love them, but after a while of everyone doing the same cosplays it gets kind of old...NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE!!!!

BooBearAkame
08-23-2010, 10:38 PM
All the cons I've been to so far, I didn't know of Black Butler, but I'd always see Ciels. (never the dress 0-0.) And I remember because I could just stare in amazement at the clothes. XD

Akikay
08-24-2010, 01:45 AM
I wish I could remember if I've seen any Kuro cosplayers. Apparently there was a Madam Red and Grell at the last con I was at. I don't know if they were cosplaying them that day, but now I wish I had known who they were. It's kinda like...if I don't know their character, it doesn't stand out, or it isn't in the masquerade, it doesn't stick in my mind later. So I dunno. D:
At least I know there'll be some at the next con I'm going to. Sooooo excited to see them.

As for which cosplays from Kuroshitsuji are most popular, I would say Ciel in his ballgown, definitely. I think it's kind of like letting girls 'crossplay' without actually having to wear boys clothing. I'm okay with it as long as they do one of his other outfits, but if they don't it almost comes across as an excuse to cosplay him without actually looking like a boy.