PDA

View Full Version : Please critique this in-progress Gypsy vest

JoeBoeing
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5232&ppuser=145

This is the vest I'm working on for my Gypsy costume. I made it yesterday but I'm wondering what I can add to it for more Gypsy flavor.

The gold has a leaf pattern and there are two shades of green and the red is actually a wine-like deep burgandy.

If you look on the left hand side of one of the pics you can make out the pattern of the leaves a bit.

I'm open to whatever suggestions you throw at me.

Thanks,
Joe

katrinastrife
09-26-2003, 05:51 PM
It looks pretty cool, but it'd look better with some sort of a coppery trim on it. I'm sur eit's just in-progress, though. It looks like it is put together well: How does it close in the front? (or does it just stay open?)

JoeBoeing
09-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Hi and thanks for the reply.

It just stays open... as for other stuff on it I'm thinking I'll leave it as it... I like it to much to do anything more to it.

Is there anything yoou think would look nice on it?

From,
Joe

KIL78
09-27-2003, 01:39 AM
I think it is a good base but you need jangly bells and chains(small) and such like, though the colours seem a bit subdued for a gypsy

Hand Maid May
09-27-2003, 02:33 AM
yeah, thats what I was gonna say, Gypsies always seem to have stuff a dangling off them, my first thought was a chain of gold coins....or little bells, Deffinately agree that the colors are too subdued for a qypsy....

DarkindDreamer
09-27-2003, 03:31 AM
i think it'd be cool to edge it with bias cut corduroy.. maybe in a nice purple.. would pop well with the red lining yet blind to the main fabric.. and i think some gold coin edging could be sweet as well.. saw some at wal mart.. ooww.. and maybe a rope cord closure.. even if it doesn't really close.. would give it an old.. "it used to fit" look... and age it a lil..
....just some ideas..