PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Anime

lainey
09-24-2003, 06:18 PM
I guess I'll have to create a special thread for this con...keep all related topics in here!

For all who are dying...
Toronto Anime info is here:
http://hobbystar.com/TO-CNAnime/anicon-nov-index.html

Is hobbystar organizing this?!

Sarcasm-hime
09-24-2003, 06:37 PM
My bet would be yes. It's on the Hobbystar site, sponsored by CNAnime...yeah.

SohjiroX
09-24-2003, 07:22 PM
ok its a coin flip a really big flip, i want to go its all up in the air for money wise, if i go, i'll be cosplaying well, whatever group my Cuz lets me join in.

Scoti
09-24-2003, 07:44 PM
eww am I reading that right? it's on a Sunday? I know I'm going to have problems getting downtown
--_--"

Machiko
09-24-2003, 08:42 PM
wooo...is there a masquerade? O.o?

Mari Moni
09-24-2003, 09:19 PM
ahhh finally there's info on it !!!!!!
thanks lain-chan

Kia
09-24-2003, 09:42 PM
It's a one day con, so I highly doubt that there will be a masquerade. And besides, it's Hobbystar, they don't give a damn about wether or not we, the fans, would like anything in particular, they just want our money.

ok its a coin flip a really big flip, i want to go its all up in the air for money wise, if i go, i'll be cosplaying well, whatever group my Cuz lets me join in.

Why would you waste the time and money? It's only ONE day, and it's not like anything important is going on. Save you money, go to a con in California.

Mage
09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
It's a one day con and it only runs from 11am until 5pm, if I remember correctly *too lazy to check the site again*

So no masquerade because otherwise there'd be extended hours, I'm betting.

I'm planning on just loitering for a couple hours before I catch my train back to Ottawa........and spending the rest of the weekend at the Royal Winter Agricultural Fair ^o^ omg....i'm so excited to see the horse shows!!! *dance*

mikcy
09-24-2003, 10:39 PM
I think I'll be going for a few hours. My friends will only go if we go to Eatons centre or some mall after. XD I'm still debating on whether or not to cosplay or just wait till March. O.o

JustinCredible
09-24-2003, 10:51 PM
It's a one day con, so I highly doubt that there will be a masquerade. And besides, it's Hobbystar, they don't give a damn about wether or not we, the fans, would like anything in particular, they just want our money.

Why would you waste the time and money? It's only ONE day, and it's not like anything important is going on. Save you money, go to a con in California.

When did you become so jaded? Sheesh... I know Steve hasn't given back your CD, but no need to be so angry.

Anyways back OT:
I'm really want to attend one of there cheaper events... the comic book one is just around the corner and the sci-fi is shortly after the anime one. hmmm.... I'll probably go to the Comic one this year and then to the anime/Transformer 2-day con next year. I'll probably just go to pick up books anyways, not really watch any anime or go to any pannels.

Kia
09-24-2003, 11:00 PM
When did you become so jaded? Sheesh... I know Steve hasn't given back your CD, but no need to be so angry.

Anyways back OT:
I'm really want to attend one of there cheaper events... the comic book one is just around the corner and the sci-fi is shortly after the anime one. hmmm.... I'll probably go to the Comic one this year and then to the anime/Transformer 2-day con next year. I'll probably just go to pick up books anyways, not really watch any anime or go to any pannels.
Since people started feeding me too much information about the evil practices of said mulitmillion dollar greedy ass company... and tell Steve-Dave his ass is toast unless I get my cd back... he's had the damn thing since AN.... :untrust:

Besides, I never said I wasn't going. I just never said that I was going to be a human advertisement for HobbyStar. :D I don't plan on paying either. It's just one day and unless we manage to get the Scoobie Gang together again for another day of mad-hap mayhem, I'm seriously doubting how much fun I'd have on my own.

JustinCredible
09-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Since people started feeding me too much information about the evil practices of said mulitmillion dollar greedy ass company...

Well you must inform me of their dastardly 'pactices'. Its just that the hate that is gleaming from your post brings images of you sharping knives or even scissors:thumbsup: It's kinda scary!

Kia
09-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Well you must inform me of their dastardly 'pactices'. Its just that the hate that is gleaming from your post brings images of you sharping knives or even scissors:thumbsup: It's kinda scary!
hehehehe, wait until you see my Rogue costume. It'll be all that, and MORE! :D

Mia-P
09-25-2003, 11:56 AM
I plan to hang around in costume as well, thats if I make or finish anything *shurgs* I don't want to re-wear anything :P

Minakolabelle
09-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Same gose for me. I'll be loitering as well. I'm makinga new costume (see Myaku Toshiya which I paid $220 on the boots alone >_>; ) But I'll be wearing it to a couple more cons after that. I jsut want it for halloween >3

appleyukari
09-25-2003, 05:38 PM
I think I'll go..........just to hang around in costume just like Mia-chan said~ ^^* another excuse for wearing costume

SohjiroX
09-25-2003, 06:03 PM
long shot but i might be able to go, but i'll either be going just one day as in arrive for it and leave after its over, or get there and then leave next day.

if i do, than i'll be doing everything i can to get Hakkai outfit done. if not...well....i dont know something, probly Kusanagi.

lainey
09-25-2003, 09:42 PM
even though I posted this thread... I cannot go... because I have a mid term the day after this con...
But HOPEFULLY I'll make it to the March ones (which are probably WAY better).

I'm definitely going to be at Anime North of course!

Mage
09-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Since I logically should have my Persephone costume finished by that Wednesday (the premiere...even though I don't think I'll go there alone in costume....=\ instead I'll go Friday because it's the closest I can get home to see the movie), it should be ready for the con even if Satsuki or FFT is not.

But now I face a dilema. I just saw a screenshot of Persephone from Matrix Revolutions. It's a brilliant red and, though it requires A LOT of modification to make the err...rather low cut dress significantly more modest (yeesh, it's worse than the female blacksmith top), I really like what I can see of it.

The material is once again this wonderful liquidy rubbery stuff that I know I'll never be able to find, but at least the red is an easier colour to find than the white-ish/green/pearl stuff from the first movie. This dress is harder to construct due to the fact that the other one is simply a half-vest plus a strapless dress whereas this one has things like sleeves to worry about. I'm also torn in terms of recognition factor. This red dress goes with THIS movie...but, since people are just going to see the movie now, they would recognise the white dress from the previous movie more.

If anyone has any advice/opinions, that would be fantastic. T_T

Red dress: http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/photo_rev_sept_01.jpg

White dress:
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/morpheus_&_persephone.jpg

Kia
09-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Mage, I'd say go with the white dress. If you want to be recognized, then that'll be the one, that is unless you want to be recognized as you leave the theatre. ^_^
Also, I figure that you'd be alot more comfortable in the white one. If *I* were wearing the red one I'd be afraid of falling out of it. ^_^

heki-chan
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
i like the design of the white dress more. the red one seems to be more about the boobins than anything. plus the white one's design seems much more intricate and "matrix-esque"

but in the end, whtevr floats ur boat:) ull look gorgeous whichever u choose :)

xiola
09-28-2003, 05:03 PM
hmm, i'd have trouble deciding too. coz personally i like the red one more, because the white one has that "deceptively simple so other people will think it wasn't as much work to make and not appreciate it as much" thing about it that always is a worry. but yeah if you're wearing it TO the premiere people would only recognize you AFTER the movie. if it were me i think i would make the red one, but then wear it somewhere else after the movie as well; as much as dressing up to movie premieres is fun, you never get as much recognition as you would at a con anyway. and even if they don't recognize the dress in the lineup, it's still pretty attention-getting and fits the genre so you can easily tell anyone who comments on it that it's from the movie.

as for the boobage... it wouldn't really be that hard to modify from what it is, if you just make the zipper end further up? (or make the whole top edge a tiny bit higher, and make the zipper end further up, so there's still a bit of a slit there...)

(as far as falling out... i have no comment on that, because i have nothing push-up-able to begin with -_- then again, the one thing i do know about low-cut tops is "double sided carpet tape is your friend" when it comes to keeping bodyparts stuck to clothes. but you probably know that XD)

Kisa
09-28-2003, 08:10 PM
GODDAMNYOUINTERNETSTOPEATINGMYPOSTS!!!>.<
Gr. Since I have to retype everything.

Whiteish:I'm a trophy wife with class and fashion sense.
Redish: I'm a trophy wife with big breasts. If I move, you can see my nipples!

Yeah. I'm liking the whiteish one, just because it's so much less cheap-2$ hooker...
And I lived in a building with crackwhors, so I know what cheap 2$ hookers wear :P

xiola
09-28-2003, 08:43 PM
yeah but the white one is plain and doesn't show the work put into it. and they show your boobs either way! i mean, i was completely thinking "wow, her chest is the most obvious thing on screen" even when she was wearing the white one. besides, it's totally easy just to make the top edge NOT super-low and then zip up the zipper a couple more inches and still get pretty much the same shape WITHOUT the "it's barely covering my nipples!" effect. ...ok, so i just like the style lines in the bodice. >_> i like fitted bodice lines. but that's just me, mind you

entirely based on my own unimportant taste in fashion, these are the reasons that would put me OFF the white one, just to play devil's advocate to what everyone else is saying:

- the white one is classier, but i hate the way it flares at the hip... you have to have very large breasts to MAKE that flare work to begin with, otherwise it makes you look disproportionately hippy.
- also, you'd need the exact same fabric or it'd either stick straight out or flop weirdly.
- also, dont' love the skirt.

point b) people notice pleather more. it's something that's pissed me off for years, but let's face it it's true. to people who can't sew, it just looks more impressive.

point c) not that it's really an issue with anyone involved, but white adds weight, and also shows sewing mistakes more.

Kisa
09-29-2003, 12:45 AM
I still stand by my comments. Cheap crackwhore vs. Classy Trophy Wife.
Much the same thing, just very different.

And it isn't like Mage has to worry about white adding weight... Me, Yes. Her, No...

Sarcasm-hime
09-29-2003, 02:07 AM
The same thing happens to me, Kisa, which is why I've gotten in the habit of selecting and copying the text to the clipboard if I've written a very long post....just in case. ^_^

And *everybody* can stop going on about how they're fat. We are all attractive young ladies. (well, except for the guys...) So there. :-P

Eleryth
09-29-2003, 03:31 AM
Dude! I LOVE that red one! But hey, thats me, with a developing fetish for red leather. ^^ I would make the red one, but modify it. Decency is good. :) I, too, would be afraid of falling out. And as long as it looks enough like it, I am sure it will be fine (unless you are going for a complete recreation?).

Also, Mage, if you make it, could you tell me where you bought the leather/pleather? I need some for a costume, and if I know where to look in TO when I get home... even better! (even tho thats about 2 years from now)

And I agree about the dressing up for premieres thing (Lord knows how many ppl wore Arwens BR dress or Eowyns vest-dress combo and they weren't in the movie....). It's so much more fun in costume! And as for the weight thing, none of you have to worry!

mechaex.com
09-29-2003, 04:14 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Chosuke
09-29-2003, 08:12 AM
I like the white one.
I think its classy and I have a thing for white, so I guess i'm a bit bias.
I *like* the way it flares almost finlike at the waist..

The red one is interesting too, but i'd be worried about jus getting mistaken for some bondage chick and getting kicked out of the theatre o-o;;

Mage
09-29-2003, 08:20 PM
gah....i'm still conflicted...but thanks everyone for the help...I didn't think that many people would respond. *_*

Colour-wise, it's all about the red. I look like a freaking ghost in all white because I'm so pale (there's a pic of me in my white graduation dress in my gallery) and lately I've been really drawn to more vibrant colours.

But yeah, every time I think red now, I'm going to hear Kisa's disembodied voice going "$2 whore!!!" O_O;;;;

*cough* falling out wouldn't be a problem...I don't have much to keep in and if I modify it, even carpet tape won't be necessary.

But what the hell does the lower half of this red outfit look like anyway? I can only find two pictures of Persephone from Revolutions...the one I linked and one where it's of just her shoulders and up. -_-;

THere's not too many pics of Persephone V.1, but I'm goign to see Reloaded for the fourth time (Can you tell I like Matrix?) tomorrow night and will take notes in the theatre as much as possible.

You know, I'm at such a stalemate I might just toss Agrias out the window and make both of them. -_-;;;;

The white one *is* a lot classier...and the hair is a lot easier to do...and I don't have to make a choker...but the red one has a nice male cosplay accessory (I'm not so much a fan of Reloaded Merovingian) that matches...and I think it'll look more 'badass' than 'whore' when the boobage is taken out of the equation. Arg...conflict....T_T

...or I could just go the whole "If I dress in tight black, wear sunglasses and pull my hair back....I'm TRINITY!" route...(no offense to Trinity cosplayers, but I'd rather avoid it)

xiola
09-30-2003, 12:37 AM
i'm saving my movie cosplay for HP and LoTR... ;)

and don't worry about what kisa says, you won't look like a 2$ whore - for one thing, i'd trust you to charge much more than that! XD and yeah. without the boobage it's really not as bad as people are saying.

and i would defenitely go with colour and what you like best. if you photograph badly in white, they you really WON'T be happy with the white, no matter whether you do a good job of it and will just be dissapointed. then again, it's an offwhite/cream so you could just test the fabric in the mirror at the store and get a white that looks better on you.

anyway... must go back to horrible pattern drafting homework. sadly, making clothes for school is what's keeping me from making clothes for MYSELF. it's really f'ing irritating, and 10 times more annoying when it's supposed to be all fancy and complicated for school. i could make this thing on my own with SO much less grief. it makes me want to cry. >_<

Kaijugal
09-30-2003, 01:24 AM
Personally the red one appeals to me more, mainly due to it's vibrant colour and texture. I CAN see however how one might be uncomfortable about wearing such support free top. You seem to be shy Mage, so I'll throw in with those who have said the white dress. I think you'll enjoy your time wearing it more, if you are worrying less. :) (that's speaking from personal experience right there it is... :D ) Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Kaijugal
09-30-2003, 01:25 AM
And now for your enjoyment.. a dance ! :jjacks: :bouncer: :dance:

(double post sorry)!

xiola
09-30-2003, 11:21 AM
no~ kaijigal i dissagree - if you're not going to photograph well in it THEN you'll enjoy it less in the long run... if you look sickly you'll just be pissed off when you get yoru pics back :P besides, the red one is easily fixable, why doesn't anyone believe me~ ;_; it's just coz she has huge boobage in the pic. that doesn't mean you have to make it that way...

haha this is silly, everyone arguing over someone else's costume... sorry mage! you probably feel silly now. lol.

Kisa
10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
:P
we're just trying to help. really.
And No, Xio is right, YOU wont look like a cheap 2$ whore. Last I saw you, you had a normal body without floating D cup breasts.
I just like 'Classy' outfits more so then 'Sexy' ones, so I'm biased.
What you SHOULD do... is make BOTH and wear them seperate nights, and thus solving the problem. lol.

You will tell us what/when you decide, right?

heki-chan
10-01-2003, 03:31 PM
maybe....u can sorta like decide by the bottom of the red one :)

if u LUV the bottom portion of the red one--make taht one :)

if ur iffy/meh about it, then do the white one

either way
ull look HAWT hehehah^____^

andrew might be morpheus.

if he's lucky. >_>;

Mage
10-01-2003, 04:38 PM
OMFG PLEASE MAKE HIM BE MORPHEUS!!!!!!!!!!

Uhh...i mean...umm...

*blush*

*loves Morpheus dearly* move along..nothing to see here....>_<;;;;;;;;

*cough*

Anyway, even though I should have learned my mistake with Ragnarok Online....I let Brian decide based on the male outfit....he likes Mero's red and black combination, so right now it looks like the red one...

But yeah, like you suggested, Kisa, I'm thinking I might try and make them both. The thing is, I sincerely doubt I'll be able to find any preview of the bottom of the red outfit (if anyone knows where I might find more reference pics, please let me know), so right now I'm thinking I'll try and make the white one to wear to the theatre for the premiere and bring along a notebook and pencil to try and sketch-as-i-watch the red outfit...

...then try and make the red outfit afterwards because I'm bound to go and see Revolutions more than once, unless it's truly terrible. Based on what I see, I really like the red one...more so than the white one just because I think the white one looks kind of plain (her shoes are really cool, though! like...really, really cool!!! I didn't notice that until my fourth viewing of Reloaded), but the bottom of it might be the ugliest thing ever seen.

I also think I'll make the white one first because if I guess what the entire red outfit looks like and get it horribly wrong, I really will just look like someone with a pleather fetish :P and I'll feel annoyed with myself if my guess is really off. >_<;

And don't worry, Xiola, it's not silly, it's helpful. ^_^ I'm really flattered that I've been able to sidetrack an entire convention thread to discuss my costume! lol....

Mia-P
10-02-2003, 03:29 PM
*rips hair* I don't know what to make for this event!! >_<; Any suggestions?? :thumbsup:

xiola
10-02-2003, 07:16 PM
god, don't make anything new for this unless you're plannign to make it anyway and rewear it in the spring... it's SO not worth it.

either that, or make somethign for halloween and rewear it! that way you get good use out of it and wont' feel like it was a waste if the con turns out to suck... i dunno. i just would feel cheated making a whole new costume for a hobbystar con that's only one day, likely has no masq or costume events and gives me no reason to believe it won't be sucky... i'd rather rewear something and go on the cheap rather than wasting such an investment in time and effort... that, and if i care about the costume i like doing it for an event that i like as well... then i am happier about things :P not that i like CNA, but it's just the only thing at the end of summer so i don't have as much choice about that :P stuff during school is just not as worth it because i'm busier as it is... T_T

Mia-P
10-02-2003, 11:50 PM
lol So true, I don't even know if I'll have enough money to make anything, but I feel like a lazy fart when re-wearing old cosumes :3 If I do make a costume It'll most likely be something simple. We'll see I guess *shrugs*

archangeli
10-03-2003, 12:17 AM
bah. it's a 1 day con. unless you plan to be making 7 costume switches just recycle something and save the big guns for Anime North!

Kia
10-03-2003, 09:59 AM
The only reason I'm wearing my Rogue to november con is because I'm planning on wearing it for halloween. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't bother to rush my ass of to make it november con. It's *really* not worth it.

Minakolabelle
10-03-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm going with every one on not making a new costume just for TAC. I'm makign myaku for it yes, but I'm also wearing it for halloween, Ohayo, Katsu and AN.

nuriko001
10-03-2003, 10:21 PM
i dunno what to make for this event.. nor do i really nkow if i'm going:P

Kaijugal
10-04-2003, 12:19 AM
no~ kaijigal i dissagree - if you're not going to photograph well in it THEN you'll enjoy it less in the long run... if you look sickly you'll just be pissed off when you get yoru pics back :P besides, the red one is easily fixable, why doesn't anyone believe me~ ;_; it's just coz she has huge boobage in the pic. that doesn't mean you have to make it that way...

haha this is silly, everyone arguing over someone else's costume... sorry mage! you probably feel silly now. lol.

We're not arguing, we're confering! :D Well I was speaking litterally, like at the moment, if you're trying to enjoy an event, for fun, but you feel your costume is falling off or something and you're too self consious then it's not much fun. If you're doing it for posterity then, yes I do agree that you should pick the more flattering outfit, even if you're lest comfortable in it.

When I read White Mage's post I had the impression that she was worried about if she would be comfortable in something so revealing, therefore I suggested she may be happier in the white outfit. I may have mistaken, (regarding her feelings) As I said before, I prefer the red one personally.

heki-chan
10-04-2003, 03:30 AM
right now, i dunt know if i will be going. November 9th's weekend is horrible for me, since i have a megawatt calculus test later that week *ERK*

so ya HEHE :)
if i DO go (which is still likely, if only for 2-3 hrs ^_^) id probably FINALLY get around to *FINISHING* gambler yuna and wear that
(WITH CARDS!! AND GLOVES LOL im such a freaking slacker. gambler looked like SHIT at CN >_<)

If not that, then female thief from ragnarok *hugs Kia* yey :)

mikcy
10-04-2003, 11:41 PM
After telling my friends the info, they said they'll actually go. Meaning I can go for sure, but I think they still want to go to a mall after. Not like thats bad. XP As for an outfit, I just hope I'm not lazy and actually make it. :) I'll probably wear it to school for halloween as well, but I don't want the skirt to get stepped on. o.o; Yeah well, I'll wear it again... then again I might modify it to the DVD/live outfit. My thats so interesting. ;D

appleyukari
10-05-2003, 01:08 AM
um....I dunno, well, I'm making a new costume, and I thought I'm gonna make a simple one with a cheap cost for the costume, but the outcome is, the costume is simple, the cost is high~ just because I wanna get some thicker fabric for winter cosplay~ okay okay, I'm gonna wear the for Halloween and AN also, I mean, itz such a waste to make a costume for just one day.......plus, I can't wear my yukata for halloween because it's just tooooooo cold~~~ X_X

Chosuke
10-06-2003, 07:43 AM
I really dunno what I'm doing anymore..
I've been floating from FF to finishing Myaku Die or just doing damn Okita.
My mind changes like every day..x.x;

But yeah,whatever I make for nov is definitely gonna be one of my rewear costumes for probably CN next yearEspecially since my AN costumes will leave me poor..;;'

angelcosmos
10-07-2003, 06:45 PM
I dunno if I can go to TAC Nov but if I can I probably won't cosplay. I don't want to freeze and get more frostbites (yes, I already have frostbites v_v)

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
10-13-2003, 02:56 PM
time is so short and yet haven't even start on anything yet! huge red warning sign for me! >_<

Vanity Fading
10-15-2003, 08:29 PM
I thiiiiink I'll be going as Freya (dark chii) since I FINALLY found my wig.. 10 bucks good deal!!! so I hope to see most you you there =D
-x-
Sher

Sarcasm-hime
10-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Yikes. I gotta warn you, unless you're really lucky and had a miracle find, a $10 wig is usually a piece of crap that will tangle and look awful. You should usually expect to spend at least $30 or $40 for a decent wig.

Mari Moni
10-17-2003, 01:40 AM
Yikes. I gotta warn you, unless you're really lucky and had a miracle find, a $10 wig is usually a piece of crap that will tangle and look awful. You should usually expect to spend at least $30 or $40 for a decent wig.

yeah ! I spent 100$ for my chii wig :x

Minakolabelle
10-17-2003, 01:54 AM
My Chii wig was also $100 but I added 6 bags of extentions to a 30 inch long one so that I have high/lowlighs in my wig.

my white higlights turn pink in teh sun <3

heki-chan
10-17-2003, 10:00 AM
mine was $80. i looked really dumb in it :(

im thinking of getting an ivory one, like in the manga...i dunno X_X
---------------------------------------

TAC = GHETTO LEIFANG

my first true ghetto cosplay. lol. XD

xiola
10-17-2003, 01:35 PM
yeah... personally i think you should expect to pay between $25 to $40 for anything up to the bottom-of-your-shoulder-blades length, but for anything past your shoulder blades you should expect to be paying way more for it not to show through in the back and be really tangly. X_X personally, i usually just put up with a slightly shorter wig because i can't afford superlong wigs but i prefer having quality over length.

my Jeanne wig isn't going to be nearly long enough, but as long as it looks like "long hair", it'll still work with the outfit and look like her, so i'm not really worried about it. coz i mean, even if i DID get a thigh-length wig, it's not liek it would billow out around me and stay un-frizzed while sticking out for a foot on either side of my ass like it does in illustrations ANYWAY. :P so better i just get something that looks like "a realistic version of her hair" and not worry about it.

i think i'll be buying a somewhat-cheap-ass wig for Eowyn if they still have it (it's 29$ and slightly longer than my shoulderblades, so it's crappy quality, but has enough hair and ties up in at the back which keeps the net from showing.), but that's coz i cut my hair so i can't use my own hair anymore -_-

Kisa
10-17-2003, 02:31 PM
yes, but you have cute!hair, so that's what's most important!

Infini
10-17-2003, 11:20 PM
I just got a decent wig for my Yuna costume in Waterloo. It cost me $40 and it's a little on the light side, but it's better than a silver-haired yuna running about. If I can convince someone in my house to drive me, then I'll be going to the con in november. I really don't want to drive in downtown toronto. :)

nyamiko_chan
10-18-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm definitly going to TAC ^___^ As Inuyasha..nice, comfy and WARM! LOL

I LIVE in downtown Toronto so so it's major easy for me to get there..I WALK ^_^Vm
yea..serious..I'm like a 1/2 an hour away ^O^

I just Hope I can find a wig in enuff time ^^ yay for Halloween time!

Vanity Fading
10-18-2003, 09:21 PM
well I had no choice but to get that cheap wig but it doesn't look so bad =b~ it was super hard finding a long blonde wig so I think this is better then nothing XD

Mari Moni
10-27-2003, 11:15 PM
So what is everyone going to dress up as for this upcoming con? ^__^
Since it is in just two weeks, anything confirmed yet?

Infini
10-27-2003, 11:39 PM
I will be going as Inuyasha if I can find a good wig and finish the costume in time, and also Yuna (FFX).

Not sure yet, but I might wear my X-2 yuna for the first time there as well. Depends on how cold it is, maybe....and if I have the guns finished yet. Do they allow plastic guns?

xiola
10-28-2003, 12:15 AM
usually it depends if they look realistic or not... coz only half the problem with weapons is the actual danger, and half the problem is with percieved danger, as far as i know - because i know it's illegal to run around in the street with a realistic looking fake gun unless you have permits or a cordoned off area because you could cause panic in the general public... so basically if it looks scary enough they CAN technically take it away.

but since it's run by the same people as CNA, for some reason their weapons security always seems WAY more lax... from what i saw this year their staff cared more about us having a teaparty between the elevators than they do about people buying sharp metal swords in the dealer's room and carrying them around. >_>;;;;

i'm probably not going though. stupid school. if i did i'd just be re-wearing stuff anyway ^^;;

heki-chan
10-28-2003, 01:45 AM
speaking from personal experience, i had no trouble at all with neither AnimeNorth nor CNAX with my tiny bee pistols :)

It should be fine^_^ (theoretically)

angelcosmos
10-28-2003, 02:29 AM
speaking from personal experience, i had no trouble at all with neither AnimeNorth nor CNAX with my tiny bee pistols :)

It should be fine^_^ (theoretically)

couldn't you also hide the toy gun in those bags when you are around the staff? :thumbsup: most of cnax do not pay too much attention to it because they are toys. everyone is just admiring the costume *click* =P

Kaijugal
10-28-2003, 11:05 AM
:) Have fun all. As I think I've stated previously I'm not going, I'm saving my money for other cons an the loads of material I need for the upcomming year.. I hope those of you who do go take lots of pictures and post 'em. :)

Cheers!
~Dawn :)

xiola
10-28-2003, 11:47 AM
eesh yeah, i forgot about the fact that it costs money, too... i know, that sounds stupid doesn't it? sometimes i forget coz i live here i'm just like "yeah it'll be cheap" just coz i don't need to stay at a hotel but then there's still the ticket... :P lol. yeah, defenitely not going.

(have managed to rack up annoying credit card bill from bowie tickets and cosplay/school fabric + need to save money for extra cons in the spring... but i'm excited!)

^_^

<-- dumbass XD

Minakolabelle
10-28-2003, 01:45 PM
Who said most of us we're paying to go?

xiola
10-28-2003, 05:01 PM
well maybe *you're* not, that doesnt' mean the rest of us don't have to -_-

and apparently it's only 10$ or something but seeing as the only thing really there will be *more* shopping... it's just hobbystar trying to get more money. and i'm so behind in school that i shouldn't go anyway. i'd rather stay home and sew. or sleep. mmm sleep *_*

well whatever. it's all about decent fan-run cons. i'm always willing to put up with so much more when it's not corporate :P

nuriko001
10-28-2003, 05:24 PM
those are rare... fan.. run.... truely..

Mekou
10-28-2003, 05:36 PM
I'll be wearing Sakura. ^__^

I'm going to meet some people and hang out with pals and to cosplay!! =D

xiola
10-28-2003, 05:37 PM
not particularly... 4 of 5 cons i'm going to next year are somewhat if not completely fan run. having a sponsor (as Anime North and Toronto Trek do) is very different than being corporate-run. then again, 3.5 of those cons i'm going to are sci-fi/fantasy/lit cons not anime cons...

ah, winter... the season of waiting. ;P

Sarcasm-hime
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah...I'd rather just get together with people and go for coffee or some such. Speaking of which, is anybody going to the Cosplay Meetup (http://cosplay.meetup.com) this coming month? I've missed it in recent months, but would really like to schmooze with people this time. ^_^ Cosplay Meetup day is Nov. 15.

xiola
10-28-2003, 06:27 PM
i'll go... i suppose that means i have to actually vote for *where* this time though? :P

most of the places seem like trendy expensive food places tho... should i vote for one or d'you want to nominate somewhere else? ^^;;

Infini
10-28-2003, 07:04 PM
I've never heard of the cosplay meetup....
what is it?

Minakolabelle
10-28-2003, 11:58 PM
well maybe *you're* not, that doesnt' mean the rest of us don't have to -_-

I never said I was the only one *not* paying, there are sevral others that are showing up to takes pics and not pay $10 to shop.

Chosuke
10-29-2003, 08:17 AM
All the cosplay meetup places are too far for me -_-;

As for TAC?
I'm not paying. The ticketprice would probably be more expensive then anything I would find in the dealers room.
Plus, hobbystar already ripped me off at CN.
I pay like 45$ for a ticket I only used to look in the dealers room,ONCE. I could of not paid and has as much fun.

nuriko001
10-29-2003, 09:07 AM
tooshe... i say NO ONE PAY!! MWAHHHHHHH......it's a stupid idea anywho

Sarcasm-hime
10-29-2003, 12:48 PM
i'll go... i suppose that means i have to actually vote for *where* this time though? :P

most of the places seem like trendy expensive food places tho... should i vote for one or d'you want to nominate somewhere else? ^^;;

Unfortunately with Meetup you need to be a paying member to nominate sites. And there's no way in hell I'm giving them money just for that.

As for what is Meetup, it's a site that helps organize gatherings of all sorts of interests, including cosplay. You sign up (it's free) and Meetup will email you with notices letting you vote on where the next gathering will be, and when everybody has voted and said whether they'll be there or not, then Meetup will notify you as to where to go and what time. Go to http://cosplay.meetup.com for more info.

xiola
10-29-2003, 05:26 PM
minako: *shrugs* i'm still not going.

sarcasm: hmm, but i don' t know where to vote for! i dunno what any of those places are... it seems like it would just be easier if i voted for what other people were voting for since i don't know any of the places... o_o

appleyukari
10-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Xiola: Ya, everytime I look at the places, I just dunno which one to pick, and I dunno who will go! It's really.......sometimes I feel like itz not well organized.....I should say, not many people wanna organize it :p

gosh, as for TAC, I dunno, I feel like, if I just pay $10 just for dealers (well, I have no interest on the anime theater stuff....) I say, I won't pay, I just wanna hang out with cosplayers, taking photos, that's wat I really wanna do, and that's ALL I wanna do

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
10-30-2003, 01:38 PM
i wanna ask, if anyone know what ar the events in this Con. They haven't make it clear in the site and it doesn't seem appealing to me with what they currently have on the site. (was interested in the anime karaoke part.....it WAS on the site right? They took it away or sth???)

Mari Moni
10-30-2003, 09:40 PM
ARGH
EVIL
I swear the last time i was on the page "Anime Karaoke" was there!
GRRR... now half of the reason why i wanna go is gone..
PSHHH and it seems like many ppl are not going... maybe i won';t go too... =\

xiola
10-31-2003, 12:50 AM
yes!! boycott and go to a cosplay meet instead! XDD

Minakolabelle
10-31-2003, 04:39 AM
ARGH
EVIL
I swear the last time i was on the page "Anime Karaoke" was there!
GRRR... now half of the reason why i wanna go is gone..
PSHHH and it seems like many ppl are not going... maybe i won';t go too... =\

There are a bunch of people going, weither they have stated it here or not, but most of us are treating this as a meet up just to see each other again and take pics. So if you wanna come meet most of us in that cosplay GTA and surrounding area then come join us :heart: just make use to come up and say hi, I know at CNA I was dragged every where so I didn't get to say hi to any one unless they said hi to me ^^:

Chosuke
10-31-2003, 08:28 AM
Well..i'm not going anymore --;..
blah.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
10-31-2003, 11:21 AM
chobrat: u ar not even go to the meetup u mean?

Kia
10-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Unless something changes soon, it looks like I'm going to have to join this odd trend. My rogue coat is behind schedule, so I really doubt that it'll be done in time for the 9th. If if is I'll probably turn up for a bit. If not then I'll probably end up staying home and working on my history essay. It's only worth 30% of my final mark, so perhap I really should spend some time looking at it. ^_^
Maybe I'll see you there, maybe I won't...

heki-chan
11-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Assuming i am not scheduled for work I should be there. if only for a few short (but precious) hours ^_^

Its only running from 11am-5pm afterall.

I GET TO SEE PEOPLE I ONLY SEE A FEW TIMES A YEAR YEY^^

Thats the great thing about TAC. just the *OPPORTUNITY* to see everyone again ^_^

Erilan
11-01-2003, 03:57 AM
Thats the great thing about TAC. just the *OPPORTUNITY* to see everyone again ^_^

Heh, that's the only good thing about TAC. I ain't looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to seeing friends and people and stuff.

They ain't making any money off me. :bigtu:

nuriko001
11-01-2003, 12:53 PM
It"s Good That Everyone Is Going Just For Friendss!!!! What A Friendly Neighbour Coshood Ne!

heki-chan
11-01-2003, 05:47 PM
coshood! LOL nuriko is funy *molersts*

i mite not even be in costume! aiya...my mom packed all my stuff into air-tight trunks and its a bigbig hassle to dig them out....AIYA. but ya....ill try ERK^___^;;;

<3 to nuriko^_^ and some to erilan^___~

nuriko001
11-01-2003, 08:32 PM
aiiya.. if she vacumed seealed it it's all over:(..

tehhe.. molerst.. heki the leppist HAHAH

kenhidaka
11-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm just having a hard time debating what to even wear to this one. Maybe my Ken outfit since no one really got to see it on Sun. Or maybe Seifer since I may leave him at home for AN'04. *conflict* ah! not again!

Mekou
11-02-2003, 03:41 AM
*laughs @ coshood* XD that's great! *nods* ^^

>.> I think that after TAC, Sakura will have to be retired. I've already worn it 4 times! =O TAC will make it the 5th. <.< Wow, I never thought i'd wear any of my costumes that much. ^^

*realizes she's getting offtopic* x_X

*pokes Kenhidaka then runs away* XD

mikcy
11-02-2003, 04:18 AM
I'm going to go and pay because my friends are and durr X.x

JustinCredible
11-02-2003, 09:24 PM
I was really thinking of going... but I'm doing some filming for a friend. Hopefully we finish up early and head down to hit the dealers Room!

im_sailor_moon
11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok lol i dont know if im going now! ok well my reasons are what is there to do for a 11 year old lol honestly and 2 i dont know if 11 year old kids need to be with parents :P but ill go if my other friend goes lol but not pay!

Mage
11-02-2003, 10:59 PM
This is sort of off-topic now, but....

...I was unable to find the right fabric for either the red dress or the white one....the only fabric place i could get access to this month was Fabricland and its small selection of upholstery vinyl....-_-;

So I'm making ghetto Persephone because dammit, I will never have another opportunity to cosplay her...

...but i couldn't find a good strapless dress pattern either....so i'm going to have to completely hack apart the pattern i was able to get....and hope it works out....

...and i'm fudging with the fabric too. Since it was basically a choice between pale green and white, I'm going with pale green. I couldn't find a translucent shiny-ish white fabric to put over top of it, so the closest I can get to that sort of shine/texture is putting the pale green fabric I did buy (which is actually almost spot on in matching with the green hue the white dress becomes when the light shifts) underneath some clear vinyl. So I'm goign to be uber shiny...>.>; and look like I'm dressed in the linoleum from someone's kitchen floor....but oh well...>.>;

I just wish I could make it to the premiere on Wednesday with friends....I don't want to go alone, really...and I'm still conflicted about that. :O but I'll wear it Friday night, if I finish it. :) Again, thanks everyone for your earlier input. I will make the red dress when I have money and time...who knows...maybe Matrix will end up in theatres for a long time...*shrug* =\

kenhidaka
11-03-2003, 11:00 PM
*chases Mekou-chan* ^_^

Anyways, yah Dealer's Room! Just as long as they don't ask for American dollars like An'03.

I hope they do so many activities at the same time. Us cosplayers need a break you know what I'm saying?

I've finally made a decision. I've decided to take Ken Hidaka. At least he wears a jacket in case it gets cold. Plus, it's my favourite. ^_^

Hope to see you all there. Peace, love and drier friendly.

Infini
11-03-2003, 11:30 PM
I forgot (somehow) to book the day off work, so I might not be able to go after all.

-Infini

angelcosmos
11-05-2003, 04:28 PM
*chases Mekou-chan* ^_^

Anyways, yah Dealer's Room! Just as long as they don't ask for American dollars like An'03.

Eek my cousin was like *aiya* when some AN dealer's from usa were over-charging... he was like, "but the other dealers here are cdn prices w/ cheaper deal!!!" lmao XD I'm glad that the cdn dollar is doing better... may be if I go to TAC Nov, I'll actually buy my first 'official' dvds lol instead of bootlegs... Still wishing for fy tv boxsets for xmas lol

Also, for those who plan to go to TAC this weekend, can you buy your ticket in advance? I'd hate to wait in that long lineup like at CNAX...

Scoti
11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
ugh..I may not be able to go anymore either u.u;;

nuriko001
11-05-2003, 09:47 PM
see, the thing with this little diddy, is that it's on a freaking sunday.. .. how gay is that.. like.. peeps have SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY!!!!.. and it's like 'crazy time for university students and highschool students alike.. oh yeah. and you grade students 'pinches cheek'.. and working peeps AHAH:)

Machiko
11-05-2003, 10:04 PM
This is sort of off-topic now, but....

...I was unable to find the right fabric for either the red dress or the white one....the only fabric place i could get access to this month was Fabricland and its small selection of upholstery vinyl....-_-;

Archangeli writing in Machiko's account.:

Hon - DON'T go to Fabricland for pleathers and vinyls.... ugh!!

There's a fantastic place at Queen and Dufferin called Designer Fabrics (Sarcasm-Hime told me about it. *bows*) Go to the upper level, and it's all tucked away in a corner. Just ask the staff if you need help. Unfortunately, they don't cut anything less than 0.5 yds, but the prices are pretty good (approx. $10-$25/yd)

They have a huge selection in every color under the sun!

:jjacks:

Mage
11-06-2003, 01:11 AM
I realise this, however, I am unwilling to shell out $100+ just to take the 5 hour train ride for a visit to that store. As I said, it was not for my lack of trying. I also cannot afford anything quite that expensive in terms of fabric right now considering the volume of fabric I need.

So yes, I am WELL AWARE of Fabricland's limitations. =\

heki-chan
11-06-2003, 03:22 AM
sorry i couldnt go downtown for u :( university is killing me. i love u tho <3 *stalks*

xiola
11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
hmm.. ottawa is big tho isn't it? there must be other fabric stores there... >_<;; i mean K-W is pretty damn lame as far as size but it has 3 different fabric stores within the city (only one that has vinyl tho :/)

sucks to that. :( good luck with what you are doing tho ^_^

Kisa
11-06-2003, 04:36 PM
*nods*
Actually, it might be a good idea to go to Fabricland and ask someone if there are any other fabric stores.
Not like "Your store sucks, tell me where there's a better one." but ask about where they get some of their wackier/hard to find things maybe. Maybe explain what you're looking for, and ask if they know where you could find something. And if they're not helpfu, ask someone else in the store.
I know we have one little store in Kingston that sells weird-crap and has horrible hours, and it's *kingston* O-o so there HAS to be something in 'tawa...

Mage
11-06-2003, 05:30 PM
True. I'll do that sometime next semester...this time around it's been too rushed. Every time I take the bus to Fabricland ($2.50 ...grr...could've bought some more cheap prototype fabric for that...) it's a race to get what I need and get back to the bus before my transfer expires. But my roommate has a friend who has a friend who cosplayed Vash for Hallowe'en...and there's a Malabar kicking around somewhere...so I'm sure that there's a fabric store somewhere, I've just been unsuccessful so far. I'll ask around after Xmas because I've got enough stuff to keep me busy until then.

On topic with TAC...Now I don't know whether to wear Persephone or Agrias. Grr. I'm kind of scared of wearing Persephone on Friday because it's not the *premiere*, so it'll be even more freakish of me to wear it to the theatre then...but still. Anyway, Agrias is almost finished..just hand-sewing the lining in the cuffs and the waistband and another couple hook-and-eye thingies on the collar, then it's ready for TAC. ^_^V

After the trouble Persephone was and is (there are some near-finished pics in my gallery now), I don't want to ever use vinyl again...but that's what I said after Kaga...and Isshi...and I'm still using it on parts of Satsuki. Uhg.

Still going to TAC. Still undecided as to whether to pay or not. My pile of fabric bills is telling me "no, that money, your pancreas and your soul belong to the fabric stores." *sweatdrop*

nuriko001
11-06-2003, 05:35 PM
BRING>...EM ALL!!!! MWAH!!!!! IMPRESS ME MAGE!! IMPRESS ME!!! out of my socks!!

lainey
11-06-2003, 07:07 PM
mage...

check this out:
http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/searchBusiness.do;jsessionid=baa4j8Exmykt65?action =homeSearch&len=25&business=fabric&city=ottawa&provinceId=ON&submit=Start+Search

Kia
11-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey Mage, I have some friends in my program who come from Ottawa. Would you like me to ask them about costume/fabric stores for you?

Mage
11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks Lainey. ^_^ Too bad the only fabric stores that are a) in Ottawa and b) aren't fencing/metal/windowcoverings/plastic stores are Fabricland stores. :O

Nepean is very close by car, but...err...a little short on the car. x_X; aiya.

Kia, I'd be very grateful to you if you would ask them for me. Thanks a lot. ^_^

aiya...i fell like i'm being way self-centred b/c i'm posting so much in this thread...x_X;;;; i think i'll go and hide now...x_X;;; but really, thanks for helping me out everyone...it means a lot ^_^

Kia
11-06-2003, 10:38 PM
:: hugs Mage :: It's not a problem, I'll ask Sarah tomorrow. ^_^
Think of it this way though, at least when we're trying to help someone we're usually not bitching and complaining....not that that isn't fun anyway, but at least helping one of our own is something constructive. ;)

Infini
11-07-2003, 02:31 AM
I have the day off work, so I can go to the con! I'll be going by myself (no one wanted to come...), so is there anyone who wouldn't mind me tagging along? I hate walking around in costume by myself. :) I feel silly.

Since the it's only 6 hours or something I'm only going to wear my X-2 Yuna costume since the inuyasha wig didn't get here in time and I've had no inspiration to finish it....

Mia-P
11-07-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be in costume either XP Too lazy lol. I want to go fabric shopping though!

kenhidaka
11-08-2003, 12:35 AM
I have the day off work, so I can go to the con! I'll be going by myself (no one wanted to come...), so is there anyone who wouldn't mind me tagging along? I hate walking around in costume by myself. :) I feel silly.

Since the it's only 6 hours or something I'm only going to wear my X-2 Yuna costume since the inuyasha wig didn't get here in time and I've had no inspiration to finish it....

I'll be the good samaritan and tag along with you. Well, since the major fact my friends ditched me too due to lack of funds. If you want to of course, just look for a really tall Joey Wheeler around and that should be me (at least I hope there is only one freakishly tall Joey Wheeler).

Infini
11-08-2003, 12:51 AM
That's why my friends aren't coming too. No money. :)
I'll be the tall X-2 yuna with duct tape guns. -_-'

I'll try to find you, although I don't know what a joey wheeler is. I'll look into it. heh.

-infini

Mekou
11-08-2003, 01:10 AM
*pokes Infini with a stick*

http://yuugiou.fran-web.net/Anime/Image/Jou/18/Jou-ep70-hehs.jpg

That's a Joey Wheeler ^_~

angelcosmos
11-08-2003, 03:13 AM
I might actually go this weekend! ^_^ I'm 1/2 way done my isu and need a little break. After the con (it closes at 5 pm) wanna catch Matrix Revolutions!? XD I haven't seen it and though the stupid critics are bashing it, it's a must-see movie (especially how Keanu's in it in the rain... *v*)!

Maki - I might becoming!!! *w00t* Drag you to the theatre!!! hee hee

According to tributa.ca, for Paramount (have no idea where that is, but my friend Nami does... ^^) the schedule is:

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 12:30 4:00 7:30 11:00
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 1:00 3:50 6:40
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 2:10 5:30 9:00
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 1:20 4:45 8:15
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE [14A] 12:00 3:30 7:00 10:30

I'm thinking of going to the Imax theatre because it's definitely going to be *sweet* especially during the final fight in the rain *drool* of Neo vs. Mr. Smith(s)!!! XD

Anyone interested? *pout* msn: angel_cosmosAThotmail.com (replace AT w/ @ =P)

Does anyone know where Paramount theatre is... ^_^; Not like it would help me since I don't know where south/north/east/west is... lmao Must beg my 'rents for money... ;_; sooo broke and poor.

heki-chan
11-08-2003, 04:34 AM
ya mia, i might also be going in normal clothes. reasons being that ill be moving BACK into residence @ mac right after the con. so its a big pain in the butt to be in costume.

fabric shopping sounds like fun. we can probably pick up some stuff for that giant group project *winks*

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
11-08-2003, 11:07 AM
SOMEONE~ GO WITH HER SO SHE WILL COME TO TAC!!! =P

Maki

I might actually go this weekend! ^_^ I'm 1/2 way done my isu and need a little break. After the con (it closes at 5 pm) wanna catch Matrix Revolutions!? XD I haven't seen it and though the stupid critics are bashing it, it's a must-see movie (especially how Keanu's in it in the rain... *v*)!

Maki - I might becoming!!! *w00t* Drag you to the theatre!!! hee hee

According to tributa.ca, for Paramount (have no idea where that is, but my friend Nami does... ^^) the schedule is:

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 12:30 4:00 7:30 11:00
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 1:00 3:50 6:40
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 2:10 5:30 9:00
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS [14A] 1:20 4:45 8:15
THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE [14A] 12:00 3:30 7:00 10:30

I'm thinking of going to the Imax theatre because it's definitely going to be *sweet* especially during the final fight in the rain *drool* of Neo vs. Mr. Smith(s)!!! XD

Anyone interested? *pout* msn: angel_cosmosAThotmail.com (replace AT w/ @ =P)

Does anyone know where Paramount theatre is... ^_^; Not like it would help me since I don't know where south/north/east/west is... lmao Must beg my 'rents for money... ;_; sooo broke and poor.

Kia
11-08-2003, 05:06 PM
angelcosmos, I think I know where the Paramount is... if it's the same place that JustinCredible and friends went to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back before CN a few years ago...but I digress...
Anyways, I can probably either get you there or give directions but I don't think I can come... my history mark is riding on the long shot that I can write a good term paper... :: sigh ::
Oh well, I hope you have fun! ^_^

lainey
11-08-2003, 07:37 PM
paramount is near the osgoode subway station i believe

Mari Moni
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Afterall, I have decided to go to TAC since my friend wants to go and she asks me to tag along with her.
So I'll be Full Moon from FMWS !! it's a new costume ! I made it within a few hours and it sucks.
my friend is not cosplaying tho.

im so happy that i can reuse my chii wig :cheers:

angelcosmos
11-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Afterall, I have decided to go to TAC since my friend wants to go and she asks me to tag along with her.
So I'll be Full Moon from FMWS !! it's a new costume ! I made it within a few hours and it sucks.

I remember you!!! I took a pic of u and it's on my gallery, you're one cool butterfly Chii! hee hee ^_^

Kia
11-08-2003, 09:51 PM
paramount is near the osgoode subway station i believe
Isn't it Richmond and ..... something.... possibly John?

mikcy
11-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Isn't Elf out? I'll go drag my friend to see that after XP

lainey
11-08-2003, 10:33 PM

ahhh Mari's going now *sniffles* i sooo wanna go...stupid midterms BAH!

Ryukka
11-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Bleh, I won't be going anymore since I'm sick. I just feel to crappy to get off my ass. @_@; oh well, more money for future cons I guess.

angelcosmos
11-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Bleh, I won't be going anymore since I'm sick. I just feel to crappy to get off my ass. @_@; oh well, more money for future cons I guess.

don't worry it's only a one-day con. Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Did you get the flu shot? I'm terrified of needles but I've never gotten the flu in over 6 yrs. hee hee

kenhidaka
11-09-2003, 12:22 AM
That's why my friends aren't coming too. No money. :)
I'll be the tall X-2 yuna with duct tape guns. -_-'

I'll try to find you, although I don't know what a joey wheeler is. I'll look into it. heh.

-infini

Pretty much what Mekou posted is exactly how I'm dressing up. Near had a heart attack couldn't find my wig till last minute. Don't worry my Joey is not the best either. Someday if I can't think of another costume to do, I'll retouch him up. Until then, he's good enough for the con.

Don't worry, you always got friends at cosplay.com. Unless they're big meanies.

Infini
11-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Okay! I'll be able to recognize that costume, kenhidaka. I bothered a few more of my friends today, and still no one wants to come.

:) I couldn't find myself an X-2 wig in time so I had my hair cut today. It's not perfect, but close enough for now. The only problem is that I'm going to freeze to death.

I am hungry. Going to eat.

kenhidaka
11-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Okay! I'll be able to recognize that costume, kenhidaka. I bothered a few more of my friends today, and still no one wants to come.

:) I couldn't find myself an X-2 wig in time so I had my hair cut today. It's not perfect, but close enough for now. The only problem is that I'm going to freeze to death.

I am hungry. Going to eat.

That's good. Well I'll be walking around with Mekou and her friend. Shouldn't be too hard to find me. (I am 6'8). I know back at An'03, I had a hard time getting Ken's wig ready for sunday so I just wetted down my hair and went for it. Though that day Ken had blonde highlights LOL. So pumped for it. Don't worry we'll all look good that day (at least in my standards if it counts)

Ryukka
11-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Did you get the flu shot? I'm terrified of needles but I've never gotten the flu in over 6 yrs. hee hee
Thanks~ I've never gotten a flu shot before, but I'm thinking about getting it this year considering I get sick so often in the winter and stuff. I haven't really decided yet because some people have reactions to it @_@; But I think I'll give it a try this year.