PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern Rings

StrawberrySiren
07-25-2010, 07:31 PM
You know the rings that you can get at the comic book store? They're a little big. Too big for my hand. Any ideas on how to make it small enough so I can wear it? I have the red, yellow, green, white, and black rings and at the moment, they're just sort of thumb rings.

Luxuria85
08-19-2010, 06:49 PM
My boyfriend did this, but really cheap. Try baking clay. You shape it to your finger. Do a couple tests maybe to see if it'll shrink for you after baked. Design the symbol onto a flat disc (my boyfriend kinda carved his I think?). But baking clay helps so much. I used baking clay for a keychain a character wore in a movie and it came out amazing.

StrawberrySiren
08-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow I need to check back sometimes haha. Thanks for you suggestion, but I don't really want to make new rings since my brother gave them all to me. I'd just like it so they'd actually fit on my fingers as opposed to my thumbs.

Silver Faction
08-27-2010, 01:58 AM
If you dip the rings in boiling water, the plastic will become soft and more mold-able. Also you can clip a little off of the underside at the split and pull the ends together. Be careful, better to cut and check than to cut off too much. After that you can try attaching the ends together with hot glue or super glue but used a small strip of matching color duct tape.

Please note that this is the cheap 'I need it to fit now' method.