PDA

View Full Version : FF: Movie Deepeyes Started

Ragresen
09-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Ok this is the helmet I have beenworking on. I will be adding pictures of other parts to the Deepeyes Armor and all as I get to makeing them. I am desireing to hear opinions so far.

cutekawaii
09-24-2003, 09:50 PM

Wow.

I'm impressed. What's it made of??

Ragresen
09-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Well it is made of a Resin plastic that was poured into a mold. The mold for the helmet took my friend about 6 months to make. The design is my friends work and all I am doing so far is cleaning up the casting. I will be working with my friend to make the armor to fit me since he is a larger person than me and his armor molds will not work for me. I will have updates as I get the eye lenses installed and then the paint work. When it is all done I will have a finished shot of the helmet with the working lenses and all.

liz-maru
09-25-2003, 08:17 PM
NICE!! *_* looks awesome!

FlameSniperRei
09-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Looks really good!
I've seen cosplayers go as the Deep Eyes, maybe you can look at their photos for references. Btw if I ever see you at a con, perhaps ill bring out my Aki Ross again for a photo :)

Space Invader
09-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Looks great! Work on smoothing it out more, of course. Is the paint supposed to look worn off like that? It's been so long since I've seen the FF movie, I can't remember ;_;.

Ragresen
09-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Right now it is being wet sanded and haveing a lot smoothed out. This was just a shot of the progress. thank you everyone for your comments the good, the bad, and yes even the truely constructive ones. All in good time as I say and I know it will make a good addition to my list of costumes. it will be on par with my Stormtrooper Armor and Imperial Gunner.

Catpaw
10-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Wow, amazing!

Nightmare Armor
12-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Ok this is the helmet I have beenworking on. I will be adding pictures of other parts to the Deepeyes Armor and all as I get to makeing them. I am desireing to hear opinions so far.

hope you like the helmet it took me some time to finaly sculpt it out-- for the molds- but as you know the cast are very nice.. come see my full deepeyes set at nightmarearmor.com and let me know if you need any of the armor parts casted from my molds. Sid Garrand 678-754-5145
thanks

Link Arroway
12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Looks very nice, keep it up :D :jjacks: