PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a wig in place?

Dia
09-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Despite all the wigs I've had to use, I'm still not sure what the best way to keep one in place all day is. I know you can pin them, but what's the best method? Any help would be appreciated :3

AniMajor
09-24-2003, 10:38 PM
My Kurai wig was so happy, it stayed in place all day, without pins or a wig cap.

Although, my Suu wig is a little lower quality than my Kurai wig, so I have to use a wig cap. I grabbed a really cheap pair of knee-highs (like 33 cents) at Walmart, and put it over my head, then put my wig on.

I think Katie Bair has a tutorial on her site about how to wear wigs. www.katiebair.com

Koumori
09-24-2003, 10:53 PM
I swear by pin curls. My hair is fine and thin, so hairpins normally slide right through it, but if I put my whole head up in pincurls before putting my wig cap on, I can anchor any wig securely. My Belldandy wig, which is so back-heavy it slides right off if I try any other method, stays put all day if I do this. It gives me a headache, but it stays put all day.

Sarcasm-hime
09-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Pincurls, or french braids. Either provides a good anchor for pinning the wig on. You should pin at the hairline and at the sides. I find french braids easier, simply because I have extremely long hair so doing pincurls is more like a bizarre experiment in rope-knotting. *lol* But that's just me.

Dia
09-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, my hair is about chin-length, so I don't think french braids will be too feasible, but pin curls might be. I've got around 3459863o45983645 hairpins to use, so pinning around the hairline and sides should help. Thanks to everyone ^_^

Ali
09-27-2003, 02:01 AM
that's a PERFECT length for pincurls... I can't wait to cut my hair again so that I can use them.

Gren
09-27-2003, 04:42 PM
....... What are pincurls? _

ai no hoshi
09-27-2003, 05:40 PM
i have these little clips that you sew into the inside of the wig and they have tiny combs on them.

put your hair into a ponytail at the back of your neck and always wear a wig cap then...
you put the wig on (with the clips open) and after you make sure they are combed into your hair, you close them.

you should be able to ge then at a wig shop, or a beauty supply store.