PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go oh oh oh oh oh oh....

distantarray
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
oh oh oh oh oh...my :fuming: ...

1. YOUR GOING TO THE GYM TO WORKOUT!!! QUIT DRIVING IN CIRCLES LIKE A MORON LOOKIN FOR A BETTER PARKING SPOT. Excuses include rain, hail, and homeless people that look like they want to ask you for money. Don't even get me started about the gyms with elevators....

2. "I don't want to get too big" I'm sorry if you make this comment and don't already workout, or know much about dieting. Please never let these words come out of your mouth. Cause yes there are plenty of people that are laughing at you. Especially the reps at GNC when your picking up a tub of protein powder. Unless you were born with a genetic defect in a freakishly low myostatin gene, this will never happen overnight. IT TAKES YEARS of dedication and knowledge. If you were born with the genetic defect you'd know it cause you'd be buffed and ripped even when your a toddler.

3. IF YOU GO TO THE GYM AND YOUR NOT SWEATING WALK OUT AND GO BACK TO YOUR AMERICAN IDOL MARATHON AND EAT BON BONS. Yes I SAID IT!! :angel2:

4. doing 10 pounds weights on a machine for an hour doesn't do ANYTHING but piss people off cause your hogging the machine. Again if your not working hard enough to sweat GTFO. :mad:

5. It's great if you have friends and want to chat, but DO NOT SIT ON A MACHINE AND TALK, stand up and let other people use the machines. :bashful:

6. I understand you might not want to take a shower right before the gym, but if smell like shit, TAKE A SHOWER. don't come to the gym and sweat all over the place to leave the BO on the machines. (yes this does happen on occasion rare as it might be, the O usually stays with the B, but sometimes there are exceptions. There's a Garlic bread man that comes in sometimes to my gym. Thank god I don't normally go when he goes. 6 people walked out last time I saw him.....)

fadedsunrise02
07-26-2010, 10:54 PM
:angry: :angry:
3-5 on your list especially!

3. I try not to judge, but it really kind of annoys me.
4. ^ see 3.
5. THIS ONE IS THE WORST. This especially happen with man after man that seem to chat it up for minutes at a time in between sets on the bench press. WTF IS IT WITH THE BENCH PRESS?!? Is it the new gathering place or something -_-;

SamuriSmurfX
07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Don't get on a machine you know i'm on (especially when there are open machines) I'll ****ing stand beside you and watch you till your done.

distantarray
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
:angry: :angry:

5. THIS ONE IS THE WORST. This especially happen with man after man that seem to chat it up for minutes at a time in between sets on the bench press. WTF IS IT WITH THE BENCH PRESS?!? Is it the new gathering place or something -_-;

haha especially on Mondays it's international chest day. I guess guys like to sit til they see a hot girl walk in and push as much as they can to show off. It seems like people go on mondays after they feel guilty for partying over the weekend and sunday's hangover. God these 2 highschool kids annoyed everyone they took off their shirts... It's not like they were built either they're jus skinny as hell, bit ripped but not much muscle. It's like they tried to show off even tho there was about 10 guys and 2 old women. Kinda makes me wanna bash my head against the wall. They didn't know but when they walked away everyone was talking shit lol.

SamuriSmurfX
07-27-2010, 02:23 AM
You know, I'm hire-able. I can come into your city, into your gym, and smack around anyone you'd like - leave, and call it a day.

distantarray
07-27-2010, 02:59 AM
You know, I'm hire-able. I can come into your city, into your gym, and smack around anyone you'd like - leave, and call it a day.

unfortunately the cost would probably outweigh the pros on this one =P

Kasinator
07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
http://awkwardworkouts.com/img/talker.png

General rule of thumb, Talk between sets if important. remember people pay to work out here, not socialize. they are focused more on health, well being, etc.

Chirudesu
07-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I can't stop laughing at the garlic bread man thing!! It sucks when they don't wipe off the equipment either! The little spray-bottle gets no love :'(
I'm not a normal gym-goer, but I did get irritated when my mom finally took me and she barely strolled a mile, tried out a couple machines for a few secs and 'was done.' She wants to leave when I'm trying to get a good sweat on and she's getting impatient.
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE GYM TO PEOPLE WATCH AND SHOW OFF. I know sometimes people-watching can be fun, but don't you realize it's A GYM? People there can be very insecure just trying to be healthy an may not be very experienced, look down on me or give me a dirty look for only being able to jog 5mph and I'll take a barbell to the back of your head. And don't show off either, I don't care about you, I hope you fall off your treadmill and the skin rips off your forehead. (sorry, I got a little angry there.)
Another thing I don't like is the 'recommenders.' I'm doing my thing, I'm getting a good workout, and someone comes up and goes 'you know you could try the **lb weight.' ...I didn't ask you. I could be recovering from an injury, you don't know my situation so don't coach me unless I ask for the help.