PDA

View Full Version : Leftover skin after weight loss?

Egotist
07-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I lost quie a bit of weight in high school, after a childhood of obesity. I believe because of how long I was overweight would explain why the extra skin is still around my midsection 5 years later.

What can I do about this? All I want is what my waist/stomach is supposed to look like, not drastically flat or slender.

distantarray
07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
I lost quie a bit of weight in high school, after a childhood of obesity. I believe because of how long I was overweight would explain why the extra skin is still around my midsection 5 years later.

What can I do about this? All I want is what my waist/stomach is supposed to look like, not drastically flat or slender.

Not too much you can do without surgery to my knowledge =\ DO NOT buy into shrink creams etc, they do NOT work. A friend of mine lost a ton of weight and had this problem. She ended up getting surgery to fix it. I think if there was any other options she probably explored it first. It also seems like the Hollywood's method of choice, I'm sure if there was a safer way then it would've been practiced as well. A friend of mine lost over 300 pounds but didn't have an issue, but then this might be cause he lifted like crazy and became really buff I'm not sure.

Airst
07-27-2010, 04:14 PM
The best way to make it less noticeable is to increase your body mass by filling in some space between your frame and skin. I recommend eating healthy, regular exercise and building muscle.

Unfortunately there is no real easy fix for loose skin (besides surgery), pending on your loss It will take a very very long time to repair naturally.

Egotist
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you. I'm hitting up the gym.

noirstar45
07-28-2010, 04:28 AM
http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Interesting article. Seems to make sense.

jaiitup
07-29-2010, 01:54 AM
I don't know if this works or not, but i had a friend who was 300 plus and went down to 180 in about two years, he had a lot of lose skin around his mid section. He started using the Sauna before and after his workout to warm up and loosen his muscles up. After he started using the Sauna, he noticed his skin started to tighten up all over, including his midsection. he has a six pack now. just give it a try, he said it took him six months to get rid of that loose skin. he stayed around 180 the entire time and he only workout for 45 min.

Adilleynn
07-29-2010, 02:19 AM
well, i have this problem... but mine was after pregnancy... so now i have all this extra on a tiny frame (120 lbs)... i modify my cosplays to cover most of it up. bringing up the waist a bit helps alot. and make the waist band atleast 2 inches..
the gym can help, but not always...
thats all i can suggest for someone who cant go the surgery route...

bombvivian
07-31-2010, 01:54 AM
rebuild your body..rub lotion on ....massage....:drunk:

distantarray
07-31-2010, 05:39 AM
well thought about it and maybe MAYBE one thing might help is to keep a tight waist slimming belt on for a long time, when the area gets tighter it's like corset training over time. Although at first it'll squeeze excess moisture out of your weight to help it shrink a bit, and if there's no room the fat deposits will find other places to attach itself to, but then if the fat storage moves around it might be easier to burn off. This is just an idea doesn't mean it'll work, not like I read it anywhere but it's worth a try I guess, waist slimming belts are like $5 at walmart anyways so not too much to lose. Probably take a few good years even if it does work tho.

kraek
08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Actually, if you've lost weight and still have extra skin, it's relatively easy to get rid of. Surgery isn't the only option. I was told by my doctor that after you lost weight, cardio workouts help get rid of the extra skin. Cardio burns fat, so basically, that's all you have to do.

Jacques Strapp
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Actually, if you've lost weight and still have extra skin, it's relatively easy to get rid of. Surgery isn't the only option. I was told by my doctor that after you lost weight, cardio workouts help get rid of the extra skin. Cardio burns fat, so basically, that's all you have to do.

This is most definitely the truth.