PDA

View Full Version : Grell Sutcliffe Teeth?

Dramakana26
07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Im helping a friend look for teeth so she can cosplay Grell from kuroshitsuji

i she hd found some that had been made for the actual character...but they where 60 dollars[Where trying to stay on the cheep side?] and im sure she's doesnt want to spend that much on teeth are there any other options out there that could pull of Grell?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/308/2/8/Kuroshitsuji___Grell_by_adoroloble.png

Sen-chan
08-22-2010, 05:16 PM
May I ask about these teeth your friend found? Are they available online?

cuchinta
08-23-2010, 02:18 AM
I made my Grell teeth using a rather cheap and convenient way actually~

What I did was get a bunch of fake nails, cut them in the shape of Grell's pointed teeth and attached them to my own teeth with denture glue. Denture glue is that stuff that keeps false teeth in people's mouths. I picked both things up at my local CVS~ You could probably also use a filer to file them down to the shape, but I thought that would take too long so I used a nail cutter XD

This is a picture of what my teeth looked like when I wore them for a convention in June. This picture isn't exactly the best though as I had to zoom in from an already resized picture XP
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/cuchinta-chan/Conventions%20and%20Cosplay/AnimeNEXT%202010/closeupofGrellteeth.png

I hope this helps you out in some way ^^

cuchinta
08-23-2010, 02:24 AM
...o__o...um...I apologize if my post appears twice. I just recently joined and I'm still getting the hang of the forums XD;;;

Brsis
08-23-2010, 06:06 AM
I actually just painted mine with theatrical tooth black ^.^;;; It rubs off after a few hours, or comes off with toothpaste, so you have to keep re-doing it (But I just couldn't stand having stuff in my mouth o.O)

MissJava
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I found this cute [ tutorial ] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw2si13nJho) on how to make vampire fangs. I plan on using this method and just making it like a giant, toothy retainer where I can just slip the whole thing on.

I have a pair of vampire teeth where you just pop it in and it stays in ALL day without any troubles. You just have to take it off when you eat, but you can drink and talk just fine with them in.

Manaih
08-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Were they hard to take out afterwards?

MissJava
08-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Not at all.
It's kept in by air suction ... stuff, so you just push it forward and it pops right out.
Kinda reminds me of the feeling of a retainer, but a little different ...

emerald.line
08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
there are actually some dental caps created by dental distortions that a specifically for grell cosplay...they are a bit pricey, but they look great, here is the link:
http://www ***just in case***.dentaldistortions.com// ****product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=40

remove the asterisks

sweet_oneesama
10-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I was trying out the fake nails + denture adhesive method and I couldn't get it to stick. What kind did you use cuchinta?

ldrmas
03-07-2011, 11:59 PM

What I did was get a bunch of fake nails, cut them in the shape of Grell's pointed teeth and attached them to my own teeth with denture glue. Denture glue is that stuff that keeps false teeth in people's mouths. I picked both things up at my local CVS~ You could probably also use a filer to file them down to the shape, but I thought that would take too long so I used a nail cutter XD

This is a picture of what my teeth looked like when I wore them for a convention in June. This picture isn't exactly the best though as I had to zoom in from an already resized picture XP
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/cuchinta-chan/Conventions%20and%20Cosplay/AnimeNEXT%202010/closeupofGrellteeth.png

But what kind of denture glue did you use, I used the fixodent and it didn't work.

liivingdeadgirl
03-15-2011, 12:41 PM

Those actually look good. How hard is it to get the glue off?

cuchinta
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
But what kind of denture glue did you use, I used the fixodent and it didn't work.

Oh wow, I only JUST saw these posts. Sorry for the super delayed answer~

The brand that I used was Super Polygrip. I was meaning to try fixodent though to see how it would work in comparison. After sticking the fake teeth on top of your real teeth, leave your mouth open for about a minute or two to let the glue dry.

I will say though, that it's a weird feeling to have the teeth on. To me, it felt like my fake teeth were always moving around when I talked, but they apparently stayed put in the positions I put them in at the start of the convention.

Try again though. I hope it works out ^^

cuchinta
04-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Those actually look good. How hard is it to get the glue off?

Not hard at all. Just pull the teeth off when you're done with your event, then toothbrush the residue away~

Gypsyangelf4i
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe if you dry your teeth off a bit with a cotton gauze piece before glueing it would stick better,not sure,but maybe.

cuchinta
04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Maybe if you dry your teeth off a bit with a cotton gauze piece before glueing it would stick better,not sure,but maybe.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that part. I actually rubbed a small bit of the denture glue on my own teeth first so they could dry a bit to make it easier to stick the fake teeth on.

Melodicanth
05-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I used the nails+dental glue method with mixed results. I used Fixodent which worked well, but the thing about it is that it seems to be activated with saliva and after that if you don't mess with it too much it should stick well. One thing I did though was I make small barrier-type things on the fake nailteeth, like a small ridge, to fit under the bottom of my upper teeth by layering the fake nails, so if I pressed up on the nailteeth they wouldn't push off. Made keeping them in easier. Added one full extra layer on top too because the pink fixodent has the tendency to show through.
I don't think I'm explaining this right but w/e. I'm gonna try the acrylic method, that's really smart.

Amyh Sutcliff
10-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks!

foxyv17
12-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Im helping a friend look for teeth so she can cosplay Grell from kuroshitsuji

i she hd found some that had been made for the actual character...but they where 60 dollars[Where trying to stay on the cheep side?] and im sure she's doesnt want to spend that much on teeth are there any other options out there that could pull of Grell?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/308/2/8/Kuroshitsuji___Grell_by_adoroloble.png

I made my teeth with wonderflex. There is a video on youtube on how to make it. Rolls of wonderflex can cost about $50 but u can do want i did and send for a free sample. My total cost was $8 for fake nails to use as teeth.:drink: