PDA

View Full Version : Currently in Korea

Nerieru
07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Heya I'm Nerieru, can just call me Nel.

I just moved to Seoul and wanted to meet some people but a lot of the forum users have already left Korea -_-

So I stated this thread to see who is currently in Korea at the moment.

Animangafreak
07-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Hiya!
I just moved to Yatap, Bundang. Like 2 months ago and I moved to Korea 3 months ago. Lots of peeps are on vacation here or something, but I'll be here for a while (a couple of years at least). I'm going to the Seoul Comic World again in 2 months. I'll be cosplaying an American Con-goer. XD

I'm goign to Dongdaemun market day after tomorrow (friday). My first time. I'm hoping to explore and find out some fabric and things for cosplays. You could come to, if you want.

Are you Korean or a foreigner? I am the latter.

Nerieru
07-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Hiya!
I just moved to Yatap, Bundang. Like 2 months ago and I moved to Korea 3 months ago. Lots of peeps are on vacation here or something, but I'll be here for a while (a couple of years at least). I'm going to the Seoul Comic World again in 2 months. I'll be cosplaying an American Con-goer. XD

I'm goign to Dongdaemun market day after tomorrow (friday). My first time. I'm hoping to explore and find out some fabric and things for cosplays. You could come to, if you want.

Are you Korean or a foreigner? I am the latter.

That's cool. I'll be here until Oni-Con in October.

Your cosplay sounds fun. ㅋㅋㅋ

I'd love to go to Comic Con and cosplay ><
I haven't been to a con here yet.
I'm thinking about cosplaying Erika from Durarara at Comic Con.

I'm a forienger, very young English teacher (often mistaken for a student ) ㄱㄱ
Anyway nice to meet you.

Animangafreak
07-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Most english teachers are at least 25 on account of having to have their BA degrees. I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm 21. :D So technically I managed to move to korea 4 years earlier than usual. I say this because I wanna know how super young you be.

You should come to the next con! If you cosplay I hear you wait in a totally different line so you can go get dressed and all that. I think it's much shorter. I don't think cosplaying an American Con-goer counts as a cosplay... *sniffle* -_- So I'll have to wait in the huge lines again. Though, perhaps I will arrive earlier just so I can be way up front.

Nerieru
07-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Hehe

I look younger than I am. Must be the 1/3 of Asian I have in me haha.
I'm 22 (23 December) but I started school early. (I'm British)

I love cosplaying. I usually cosplay at every con I go to.
This year Durarara/Bleach and some jrock cosplays.

Animangafreak
07-29-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm 1/4 Asian, but it doesn't really come out in my looks. XD
It would be cool if you could make it to the SETEC in september.

I'm going to try and go to Dongdaemun market tomorrow. *wince* Like at least a 2 hour trip one way... I've never gone there and never on my lonesome. *deep breath* I gotta make an official list of things to get. *excited*

SmartGem
08-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey! I live in Gyeounggi-do, Namyangju-si, Donong-dong. ^^
I'm close to seoul, if you don't know where that is. haha. (just east of seoul)

Nice to meet you all!

Nerieru
08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm 1/4 Asian, but it doesn't really come out in my looks. XD
It would be cool if you could make it to the SETEC in september.

I'm going to try and go to Dongdaemun market tomorrow. *wince* Like at least a 2 hour trip one way... I've never gone there and never on my lonesome. *deep breath* I gotta make an official list of things to get. *excited*

I hope I can make it to the con this fall.
As long as I don't get lost or something on the way. -_-

Still working on my DRRR cosplay. Its coming together nicely. but don't think it will be finished in time for september

Toshiro-sama
08-18-2010, 05:55 AM
hey !!!
well actually im in japan but i will move to korea next month maybe.
So i will be glad to meet new cosplayes and fotographers in korea!!

Nerieru
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
hey !!!
well actually im in japan but i will move to korea next month maybe.
So i will be glad to meet new cosplayes and fotographers in korea!!

Cool, sounds great. I'll be in Korea for a while too.

Sleepless-Chan
08-21-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm in Korea until next Feb, but living in Jeonbuk right now =-=;;
Seoul Comic and Busan Comic are both so far away T-T

Nerieru
08-22-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm in Korea until next Feb, but living in Jeonbuk right now =-=;;
Seoul Comic and Busan Comic are both so far away T-T

Aww yeah that's pretty far away.
If you want to come for Seoul Comic world, why not stay at a hotel.
There's so nice ones for about 90,000won for a night.
Or friends you can stay with here in Seoul.

Animangafreak
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone! It's great to see more cosplayers in Korea/Japan here even if only for a while!

msDJfluffy
09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
HI!~ I live in Yongsan in Seoul! And I'll be here for the next two years! xD Im a foreigner. Im a soldier. I just turned 19. o wo

Puuuuu im glad its not hot anymore!

Animangafreak
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
GAH, me too. TOO hot... TOO hot. Anyway, nice to meet you! You going to go to any of the conventions here? I'm going to try and go to every Seoul con every 2 months...

Nerieru
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
HI!~ I live in Yongsan in Seoul! And I'll be here for the next two years! xD Im a foreigner. Im a soldier. I just turned 19. o wo

Hi, I know what you mean.
heat gone but too much rain.
Can't leave the house without umbrella

cmster
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello, I'm in Korea. :D Can't read/understand korean though so I've no idea how to get myself to the nearest convention.

Magical Machete
09-22-2010, 03:15 AM
hey! which part of korea are you in? :D

SmartGem
01-26-2011, 07:08 AM

I read this and got hella excited...
Then I went to the profile... read the email...
and i was so disappointed...
oh so very disappointed.........orz

Magical Machete
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
I read this and got hella excited...
Then I went to the profile... read the email...
and i was so disappointed...
oh so very disappointed.........orz
awwww DX

Hikaru_Claire
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM
*bump*
are you cosplaying at this month's Seoul comic world?

Magical Machete
03-09-2011, 06:54 AM
yup. Ill be there as Sango again

pinapplegum
03-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh hey! More cosplayers in Seoul?? I live on Osan Air Base. I'll be up in Seoul this weekend with Sar- I mean Magical Machete. Probably won't be checking cosplay.com again before I leave, but shoot me a txt or call me if you want to do something fun!

010-8696-7648

Peace!

Magical Machete
03-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Haha I love you Sar- I mean pinapplegum! Haha this weekend will be awesome! <3

rinya
03-23-2011, 12:32 AM
I'll be in Korea in two days. I'll be working somewhere in Gyeonbuk, but I won't know which city until my orientation.

pinapplegum
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
yup. Ill be there as Sango again

Liar! You didn't cosplay as Sango... it probably would have been smarter, since your cosplay made you so cold...

But s'cool. One day I vow to see your sango cosplay (and take pictures~)

By the way, who is going to Seoul Comic-Con #102 next month?

Magical Machete
04-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Liar! You didn't cosplay as Sango... it probably would have been smarter, since your cosplay made you so cold...

But s'cool. One day I vow to see your sango cosplay (and take pictures~)

By the way, who is going to Seoul Comic-Con #102 next month?
Well, Ive already worn sango to comic world... And ji min was supposed to be miroku but had other plans... so no sango this time around... and ill be there of course. ^ ^

Foreversh
04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Hello, nice to meet everyone... Though it looks like only 3 or 4 people are active in this forum :|

I've never actually cosplayed, but am extremely interested in doing so. The only problem is lack of people to cosplay with.... Well, also, I cannot sew at all. Home ec classes back in middle school don't count and back home, I know people who can sew costumes for me >_<

I am also into Lolita fashion, but have never seen anyone in Korea wearing such!

I'll be in Korea until the end of August. Sort of hoping to go to a con, but I don't want to go without a costume :P

Magical Machete
04-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Hello, nice to meet everyone... Though it looks like only 3 or 4 people are active in this forum :|

I've never actually cosplayed, but am extremely interested in doing so. The only problem is lack of people to cosplay with.... Well, also, I cannot sew at all. Home ec classes back in middle school don't count and back home, I know people who can sew costumes for me >_<

I am also into Lolita fashion, but have never seen anyone in Korea wearing such!

I'll be in Korea until the end of August. Sort of hoping to go to a con, but I don't want to go without a costume :P
yeah there arent many people who hang out here lol and most of us have met irl ^ ^; so we talk through text or that sort of thing

well, i dont think there is anything wrong with store bought costumes. ^ ^ and if you wanna sew, i say go for it! everyone had to start somewhere! im still learning myself. ^ ^

There are ctually lolita meets pretty often Ive been told. But 3 giant ones a year normally. I guess even famous designers show up sometimes too ^ ^~

LOL if all else fails you can wear animal pajamas (kigurumi) or lolita to the con. ^ ^

Foreversh
04-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I guess I should take up sewing when I get back to Canada~ It's not a good idea to get a sewing machine when I leave in less than half a year :P So, I guess that leaves me with the only choice of buying a costume from a store~

I've never heard of any Lolita meets, but then again, I live in Daegu... which may also explain the reason why I've never seen anyone wearing Loli fashion!

Magical Machete
04-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Ive never seen anyone wearing it outside of the con, so i think daegu isnt too much different than Seoul haha

Hm... there are a few decent korean costume sites ive seen mentioned in the threads here. ^ ^ if you look around im sure you can find a costume on one of them ^ ^

Kawaii Pocky
09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm actually going to Korea in a week or less to visit family and I was hoping to find some people to hang out with while I'm there. I'm going to be there a whole month and I've got no friends there. Cosplayers are a plus. I'd prefer girls though. Since I'm probably going to miss Halloween here I'm thinking of bringing a cosplay with me but no idea what.

And I won't be in Seoul, I'm staying in a city near Seoul, about 3 hours away I can't remember what it's called. I keep thinking of Choson or Inchon? Probably cause they sound similar... But if any one's in the area where I'll be staying at I'd love to meet up so I have friends to hang out with for a month! AH! And must be decently fluent in English. I'm not fluent in Korean at all. If your interested just pm or reply here, thanks!

Oh and if any one might know any cosplay events going on near my area where I'll be staying (once I definately find out where I'll be) let me know! I'll probably bring my finished cosplays but afraid to lose them when I fly over since they probably won't fit in my carry on.

Kawaii Pocky
09-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Oh hey! More cosplayers in Seoul?? I live on Osan Air Base. I'll be up in Seoul this weekend with Sar- I mean Magical Machete. Probably won't be checking cosplay.com again before I leave, but shoot me a txt or call me if you want to do something fun!

010-8696-7648

Peace!

My dad was stationed there when he was in the Air Force!