PDA

View Full Version : MTV Ultimate Video Game Countdown

echocharlie
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi,

This has just been confirmed:

MTV Reps are working on a show for MTV News & Docs entitled "The Ultimate Video Game Countdown Show" and they're planning on featuring Final Fantasy cosplayers. They'll be at AnimeNext following a few cosplayers around the convention. They'll also be conducting an interview w/James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Tidus.

Apparently, the cosplayers in question will have been in contact with MTV reps beforehand and signed the appropriate releases. There's a message floating around with the contact info for the MTV rep.

:)

Cyn
09-25-2003, 05:59 PM
....Yuck, MTV.

marsie
09-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes Lauren Gellar has contacted some of the people from this site, exactly who I am not sure. I know I am one. ^^;

Cyn- I know what you mean...I always thought MTV was...subpar but now since I was asked...they seem to have some class. ^_^

number18
09-25-2003, 10:41 PM
:/ I am REALLY worried that some poor cosplayer is going to oops and say something silly (but perfectly "normal" to other cosplayers/anime geeks/etc) that will make them the laughing stock of somethingawful and kin...

The actual idea of it is interesting, but soooooo worried...

TyJILDown
09-25-2003, 10:47 PM
I'm just glad I'm not cosplaying the series in the spotlight...my boss at work already cracks jokes about me running around in costume =P

But yes, this shall be rather interesting...

Ranma Saotome
09-25-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm game... *takes Barret Wallace costume to dry cleaners*

TheAnarCHris
09-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Angelwink and I are two such contacted ^/^.

nothing spell fun like having a bunch of ppl following around watching you laying down the smack in SCII.

Cyn
09-26-2003, 01:36 AM
...I have a Sephiroth cosplay. Now I'm scared I'll be on MTV. >_> They may try to make us cosplayers look like complete asses to compenstate for their craptacular regular programming of sub-standard group's music videos.

marsie
09-26-2003, 03:34 AM
me...I am one of the water off the ducks back...so I'll be more than happy to be the brunt of all the jokes.

Starwind and Angelwink-Wooo good at least I know who else will be in the spotlight with me. ^_^

Cyn- you'll prolly not be on TV unless you are asked and you sign a release.

yukitoLeonheart
09-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Cyn if you want to be on TV you will! I believe in everyone on this board. I think honestly, people should just shut down this discussion and the one on the spam board and just stick to asking Lord Masamune, Aeris, and the likes of them. If anyone would be targeted it would be them because A) they live in CA where MTV normally takes people from and B) Their reputation for being amazing and looking gorgeous. If anyone here's anything it will probably be them.

Emeralda
09-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Ummn yukitoLeonheart have you seen the other threads? MtV IS going to be at AnimeNext. Which, last time I checked does take place in New York, not California. And they are only going with people that have already contacted them beforehand, they're not supposed to be following random people around, or filming people if they don't want to be filmed.

marsie
09-26-2003, 02:19 PM
yukitoLeonheart......-.-

That is all i have to say. I know for a FACT that MTV is going to be at AnimeNext. That their headquarters IS in New York...and I am sorry to say that there are other people on this board other than the California cosplayers that are just as good. Starwind is one of the best Squalls/Leons I have personally seen.

It is kinda rude of you to say that just people like Aeris and Lord Masamune are the only people one this board who are beautiful enough to be on MTV. While I do agree that many of them are very attractive, they are not the only attractive people on this board.

Koumori
09-26-2003, 02:34 PM
[b]
It is kinda rude of you to say that just people like Aeris and Lord Masamune are the only people one this board who are beautiful enough to be on MTV. While I do agree that many of them are very attractive, they are not the only attractive people on this board.

I agree... there are many people on this board who are attractive and have a lot of good things to share. The people you mentioned are all very appealing and skilled cosplayers, but there really is no "the likes of them" versus some nameless rabble of "everybody else." And I really doubt that MTV gives a fig about reputations within the cosplay community or "targets" anyone based on that. They have already contacted people who interest them, they will be at AnimeNext, and I'm afraid it pretty much sounds like that's that. Besides, MTV Studios is based in New York.

TheAnarCHris
09-27-2003, 12:28 AM
Ah shucks Mars, now I got a case of a warm tinglies #^/^#

The reason why I'm prob gonna be on MTV is b/c I saw ppl trashin em on the spamboard, said "F-this, I'm gonna go have me sum fun, get my ass on a REAL cable network and promote somethin I have fun with...that and to prove a whole bunch of opitionless sheep wrong....with is exactly what MTV wanted apparently, coz this Lauren person has been BEYOND cool with me, and even thanked me for defending their actions.....the way i figure it, if Marvel comics trusts MTV with one of their biggest icons' with an animated show, what's a jerk like me gotta lose. I'm gonna do m best to show ppl watching this how much FUN cosplay is, and hopefully give a few shouts out, esp. to ol Sqaure-Enix who are the ppl who got me into cosplay in ther first place.

And remembe mars, if ur the butt of all the jokes, then I get to be the loud mouther jerk! I have an image to uphold ya know, lol ^/^.

Eriol
09-27-2003, 12:29 AM
1) MTV studios is headquartered in NY.

2) Their objective is pop culture and *marketing* their vision of it. Their spin on cosplay and video games may not be in agreement with the way you wish it to be portrayed. So, don't be surprised if what they tape or interview isn't exactly the way they use for the show.

3) Be sure to read the fine print on your waiver forms/agreement forms. 15 minutes of fame isn't worth it if you sign away an important right.

number18
09-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Starwind, I reall quite like what you said there. Makes me like you even more. ^_^

And who is Lord Masamune anyway?

EDIT: I'd like to add this: http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=457961&postcount=317
:D

Coming from this thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=461155#post461155

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Hehe, I am loved by more than those who are forced to love me ##^_^##. BUT DON'T THINK I FORGOT ABOUT GOHAN AND MY FATHER!!!!!!

Lol good times, good times.....

So who is the FF man is my question.

Lord Masamune, btw is one of the Cali cosplayers. His costumes generally rock.
S

number18
09-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Final Fantasy in general...I decided he would be represented by a man. Thus FINAL FANTASY MAN!

And yeah. I checked out his username. And they do rock.

But anyway, CAPTAIN GINYU FROG VERSION IS MORE HARDCORE THAN YOU!!!! (plural you).

=ahem=
(I will now keep the "more hardcore than you" dbz stuff to the DBZ thread...)

TheAnarCHris
09-29-2003, 12:05 PM
That depends on what areas of hardcore are we talking about...man that sounded dirty....

Vespaa
09-30-2003, 12:19 AM
I would love to do this! I'm going as Rinoa, and my b/f as Sephiroth. Is there anyone we could contact about it? It sounds like fun. :)

And I think it's messed up how people think only the "Cali" cosplayers are good enough. e_e MTV Studios IS in NY... Get a clue. e.e

Ranma Saotome
09-30-2003, 02:27 AM
DaQiao, where did hear that from? And info is on teh babble board.

yukitoLeonheart
09-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Oops, sorry about that, it's not what I meant, I just know that they are the most famous, not that everyone here isn't amazing, I have even seen most in real life, they do rock socks. In fact, living on the east coast, I think we all rock except me, I personally think I stink. No I didn't know they were going to be at animenext, if I did I obviously wouldn't of said that. BTW Sass is rude period esp because I never mean to be rude. I know Lovelies, Ranmas, and Starwinds costumes very well, they are amazing. Marsie....... relax is what I shoud say, I was not trying to be rude, I don't do do it (well at least intentionally). The main reason I said it was because I thought they were only going to be in CA and not going to use the NY office, in a way I didn't want them to. But if it brings joy to people, then it's all cool.

echocharlie
09-30-2003, 10:18 AM
I would love to do this! I'm going as Rinoa, and my b/f as Sephiroth. Is there anyone we could contact about it? It sounds like fun. :)

And I think it's messed up how people think only the "Cali" cosplayers are good enough. e_e MTV Studios IS in NY... Get a clue. e.e

Send mail to: videogamer@mtvstaff.com

yukitoLeonheart
09-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Also...... I think it has to do with I have like 15 cosplay idols. Yea, 2 of them are mods and 1 is Lord Masamune, but that's because I like want to steal his cloud outfit, it's too amazing and I am like 0.0. Aeris just always does cool stuff and makes me :) a lot, and yea she is gorgeous, but I agree looks mean little in reality. The other 12 are all people I know that have the most amazing costume ever and look just like the people they cosplay. 1 is actually Ranma, not to be like oh he is the bomb, but his certain costumes blow me away, and he is a cool guy who everyone loves.

TheAnarCHris
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Christ Yukito, ur avatar is creepy with a capable EPPY.

But not for nothing, kinda funnyhow the majority of the ppl were talking smack about MTV and then I open my mouth a suddenly it's cool...not to brag or anything, but I just thought I point that out...that and crack references are always funny.

yukitoLeonheart
09-30-2003, 11:08 AM
The pic, it's just the neighbors kid I....... take advantage of a lot :) by offering him crack, and lot's of it

TheAnarCHris
09-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Er that's should be capital..not capable....I would edit it, but i'm rather do this...odd no?

Also, shameless plug time! Friday night 8:30pm by the pool is the Final Fantasy pool party. Some of us will have water-friendly FF costumes are, and all are welcomed to join in on thr fun.

Ranma Saotome
09-30-2003, 04:19 PM
But not for nothing, kinda funnyhow the majority of the ppl were talking smack about MTV and then I open my mouth a suddenly it's cool...not to brag or anything, but I just thought I point that out...that and crack references are always funny.

Because people are lemmings. One person says something and the entire horde will agree. :/

TheAnarCHris
09-30-2003, 11:42 PM
hehe sheep..

Anywho, I talked to the nice MTV lady today, and and and she said she's gonna go to all the FF related photo shoots,which i cool coz I'm running all of em I think, but um, yeah it should be crazy go nuts, seeing hows there's like 4 of em between Fri and Sat. Check out the main photoshoot thread for times and locations.

MissRaptor
10-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah Starwind rock on!
Hehe I'll be interviewed there as well, on Sat afternoon. Yeay Final Fantasy!! My boyfriend and I will be Auron and Lulu. Hopefully, we won't make TOO much of asses out of ourselves lol.
When are the photoshoots?! We'll be getting there Saturday afternoonish; I hope there's one where we can be involved!!!

TheAnarCHris
10-01-2003, 10:35 PM
LOL. The photoshoots arelisted under the ps thread. The main FF one is at two on sat believe.

neoangelwink
10-02-2003, 09:25 PM
^_^ so very exised about all is going on, my famly realy happy for me. ^_^ this going to be so much fun.

MissRaptor
10-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Holy crap I am so damn nervous...I've been nervous aaalll week. ^^"""
I SOOOO hope I can make the 2 o'clock shoot...we'll be getting there hopefully around 12-1 sat. GO CAR! lol

neoangelwink
10-03-2003, 12:06 AM
^_^ it be all good. im so happy right know.