PDA

View Full Version : Tft 2010

xtrishax
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello!

Apart from attending Comiket, anyone else attending TFT? That event is more focused on cosplay and they do it in one building. They do this event the same time as Comiket but are open 'till a later time. If Comiket ends around 5ish, (( I think it ends aruond that time o.o )), then TFT ends around 730 ish.

If they're going to do it at the same location, I belive it will be in the building/mall that's right across from where Comiket will be held.

Entrance fee is 1500 yen.

If I recall, you can take shoots outside the building (( but not too far from the building grounds, still remain in the area )) and you can take photos inside. There's a room where they have photoshoot set-ups, like lighting, and a white bg. I think they have other colored bg's.

I'll find out or remember more info of this event. ;)

Tsumanne
08-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm planning on swinging by TFT on Sunday. Cosplay at comiket ends even earlier than normal on Sundays (3:00pm) and TFT goes till around 7:00pm on Sunday if I remember right.

Jaseroque
08-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Ooh, sounds good. Might drop over on the Sunday myself, if I'm not too braindead by then.

CelestialShadow
08-04-2010, 09:32 AM
oh man I totally forgot about this event @_@, During winter comiket they had something similiar but I forget where it was....it was not too far from the comiket site...more closer to odaiba tv station. Was that the same thing as this? Might be worth it to drop in for one day.

kiratsukai
08-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Might be fun. Will think on it :)

Tsumanne
08-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Yep there is a TFT event during Winter Comiket as well. The event is at Tokyo Fashion Town (thus TFT) which is basically across the street and to the left of Tokyo Big Site. Tokyo Fashion Town has an English web site if I remember right so should be able to check for a map and basic event info on the calendar.

The actual name of the event is となりでコスプレ博2010夏 which is kinda funky to translate, but I think they're going for "Nearby Cosplay 2010 Summer Expo" to give reference to Comiket being basically next door.

Jaseroque
08-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Do you have to get out of your cosplay to go over, or can you go directly from Comiket?

Tsumanne
08-05-2010, 09:06 AM
You'll have to change ^^;
I have a number of friends that go to Comiket first, change around 1:30pm~2:00pm (to avoid the changing room rush hour), and then head over to TFT for the rest of the day.

I'm lazy however, so I figure I'll sleep in on Sunday and then just go to TFT when I wake up lol.

xtrishax
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
If I see any of you guys at TFT, I'm totally gonna be a camera whore lol. Depends on how much yen I'll have for the three days at Comiket will see if I can go to all three days at TFT :D so 800 yen to cosplay at Comiket, and 1500 yen at TFT. TFT, more cosplay

CelestialShadow
08-06-2010, 02:41 AM
okay here is my plan, friday I go to comiket in the morning just to drop off a few things to kiratsukai then I head over to TFT to get some good photos of my new trinity blood costume. Saturday i will cosplay at comiket for a few hours. I am afraid to damage my costume before i get photos of it so TFT comes first lol.

If anyone else is going to be there, I will give you my cell number so we can meet up =)

CelestialShadow
08-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Well balls, my cosplay plans were just blown to smithereens. My husband, who was supposed to take the day off to cosplay with and be my photographer just informed me that he did not get the day off. So I will just come to comiket and give me hellos the everyone for a hours. I wont be cosplaying or going to tft.

elisiss
08-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Do you have to get out of your cosplay to go over, or can you go directly from Comiket?

To Attendees from Overseas
http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/TAFO/C78TAFO/C78eng.html

CelestialShadow
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Does TFT go all weekend? I checked the website and for some reason it only had the 13th listed...which is odd, because cosplay events are usually saturday and sunday......

Tsumanne
08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
It's Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. For some reason TFT lists each day individually as if they were seperate events, but if you look carefully at the end it says (Day1) (Day2) ect. It confused me too at first.

unlock
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Sunday sounds like the day to hit up TFT.

But I hear they have awesome backdrops for cosplay so maybe if people want good shots of their costumes on any of the days we can roll out over there?

kiratsukai
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
It's sounding like we're going to try to rush-job our Flandre and Remilia into premature-reality for TFT since we already have everything but Remilia's wings and the wigs curled. If we set the wigs to curl tonight then pack them with the curlers in ~ we should be all set.

I have a feeling the last thing we'll want to do is get back into Love is War after spending the 13th in them ^^;;;

What's the prop/costume regulation set like at TFT? Flandre has small foldable jewelry wire and enamel wings that I can be folded down so as not to poke anyone... but I wonder if they'd still break regulation...? I can get them in the suitcase no problem and they only extend about 10 cms on each side of my shoulders when they aren't completely expanded. Seems like people would have pauldrons/shoulder pieces that would be more unweildly.

CelestialShadow
08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
I went to tft last year to pick up some friends and i saw cosplayers with big weapons, my friend went as Indiana jones and he had the 12 ft bullwhip, no one said a thing to him so I assume its all good. I have two 13 inch daggers (fake no real) for my costume that I am bringing (hence why I would rather wear my costume at TFT rather than comiket, it doesnt look right without the weapons) so i think props are okay there.

@unlock, there is great backdrops there, they basically have a gymnasium set up with various colored backdrop and sets that you can take photos at. The place has good lighting too and I remember there was also a portable studio set up where you can pay photographers to take professional photos of you for a fee, it was rather expensive though which is why Its better to bring a few friends with cameras =P

unlock
08-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Maaaan I'm so excited! This is gonna rock.

@CelestialShadow TFT is sounding better by the minute. I only have a plain old point & shoot, so I'm hoping my friend brings her fancy camera.

-Edo-
08-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Be going down Sunday in a big red Zaku mecha suit. If you see me say hi!