PDA

View Full Version : ACen 2004.........Groups out!

TheLoneWolf
09-25-2003, 08:41 PM
I plan on starting (and being in ^^):
Scrapped Princess
Wolf's Rain
SNK
Magna Carta
Grandia Extreme/II
Guilty Gear
You guys?

Miss Valentine
09-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Ohh I can always take some pics with your SNK group right? ^^ I'll be going as Mai Shiranui with a few Capcom people too. There is a possible FFX-2 or FFVIII group in the making as well.

I'm also planning some back up like Angel from Big O and a tiger kitty girl! ^-^ Mew!

SoulCrash
09-25-2003, 09:15 PM
So far, I'm looking for three groups.

Great Teacher Onizuka group (going as Onizuka)
A Metal Gear Solid group (going as Big Boss/Snake? from MGS3). But I'm not sure yet.
Probably going as the Takumi from Initial D in his Gas Station Uniform, or in his white shirt and jeans with a cardboard cut out of the Trueno (like Eurobeat King's RX-7 FC3S).... But I'm not sure yet.

CapsuleCorp
09-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Well, guess I'll post here too, rather than continue to coopt the 2003 groups thread. ;)

I'd like to put together a YuYu Hakusho group, so far I've got me as Hiei and SupremeKai as Karasu.

Also want to get a DBZ group together, because I've gotta show off my Dende in full form. And the saiyan armor if it's done by then.

DaphHime
09-25-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm planning an Excel Saga group photoshoot, planning on going as Excel again for '04. I also want to do a Sorcer Hunter's group. That is if I can get my Tira costume ready in time.

Ayana
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm right now in a FF8 group, and there's the possibility of a psycho Final Fantasy group ^_^

ParnsAngel
09-27-2003, 01:28 PM
*lol* Tsume! How you going to find time for all those costumes? XD
Well hmm, seeing as you're thinkin up Wolfs Rain again, I'll hop on the bandwagon for it again ^^

I think I'll be in a Tokyo Mew Mew group too, and at least with one other person from Shinesman...
those are my Acen plans so far....it seems so far awaaaaaay!!

Oi...Tsume...time to bug Yui to bring back Darcia, ne? ^___^

TheLoneWolf
09-29-2003, 07:09 AM
What about El-Chan?! :woah:

ParnsAngel
09-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh! Dude! Yea...El-chan...haha, how could I forget? Thanks ^^

El-chan, Lettuce, Lefuure, Cher..oh boy, its gonna be a busy con again, I can tell! ^^;;;

HEDGESMFG
09-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh! Dude! Yea...El-chan...haha, how could I forget? Thanks ^^

El-chan, Lettuce, Lefuure, Cher..oh boy, its gonna be a busy con again, I can tell! ^^;;;

If All goes well, I'd like to be in a Gundam SEED group. Hopefully I'll be able to do Athrun, Yzak, and Nicole so I'll be flexible about who I'll be in said group.

trekkieb47
10-01-2003, 10:46 AM
JAPC is planning a Witch Hunter Robin group. I'm going as Micheal, and no I'm not growing a mullet, thats what wigs are for. ^_^

Berry

venus2869
10-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Just wondering if there were any Kare Kano or Peach Groups going to ACen 04? My little girl will be Yukino(Kare Kano) & I'll be Momo(Peach girl) We'll be cosplaying them on Sat.

Yui
10-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Oh no...there goes my resolution plans to wear only one costume a day next year (or my other pledge to do only j-rock...mostly Psycho...cosplays the whole year too... X.X)
Whew, well, let's see here. First of all, there's going to be a Legend of Dragoon GROUP - so I get to revive my Lloyd. This is fantastic and highly unusual, and I will be planning all other thoughts around that.
Second, I'm giving high consideration to try Selene for the Grandia II group. (Basically, I don't like -her- but I love Grandia II so much, I have to be a part of it somehow. I think my only out on doing her is if I can figure out Melfice instead. XoX) Basically, I'm in for the group pending the arrival of a certain Ryudo. Of course, if our certain Ryudo happens to come along to ACen, that means I'm locked in for a bit of Wild ARMs 3 as well, I'm guessing.
...And then if all the members for our Chaos Legion and Psycho le Cemu FRONTIERS groups happen to be present at ACen as well...well....I'm probably can't say no to my Victor nor YURA-sama.

Meanwhile, I'll have Cyberland Kami and Sephiroth (finally!) sitting in the wings from Katsu...so that's 7 good choices right there. I have to hope there won't be any Suikoden or Xenogears action to further pull me all directions. I gotta stop being accomodating (and stop making so many costumes, I guess. ^_^**) I hate it when I start organizing my plans, and I realize the preliminary list is insane. Why aren't conventions a whole week long?

Er, yeah, so Darcia, Darcia. Yeah, I've been using him a lot. Aren't people getting bored of him yet? Well, I'm not promising anything this far in advance -- but it might be nice that people will probably actually recognize us by then. ^_-

Yui
10-04-2003, 01:54 AM
Oh yeah, so are you compiling the big list then?
I mean, I don't mind doing it, but I've done it once, so I've learned my lesson. ^_^*

ParnsAngel
10-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Yui, Yui, Yuuuiiii! Pretty please bring Darciiiaaa! Everyone loves the Darciiiaaaa! ^___^
and hey, a LoD group?! Seriously? Are they doin the wings and such or just the regular characters? Oooh cooooooool ^____^

TheLoneWolf
10-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah, so are you compiling the big list then?
I mean, I don't mind doing it, but I've done it once, so I've learned my lesson. ^_^*

Erm....I suppose so.....
Hmm....I really feel the need to resurrect Chaos,though, And I rememberred I'm supposed to be making Evann and/or Flashback Melfice.......
Finally, maybe, just maybe, If i can convince my friend to make Richter....Castlevania!

Luna Selene
10-11-2003, 09:29 AM
I'm interested in participating in:

Cowboy Bebop
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Sailor Moon
X/1999 or just CLAMP in general
Battle Royale

anyone else interested at all?

Brightdreamer
10-13-2003, 03:55 AM
A friend and I are tentatively trying to get a s-CRY-ed group together for next year. We'd be going as Ryuhou and Asuka Tachibana. Is anyone interested in any other characters from this anime?

Tiara
10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
This will be my first con and my tentative list so far is
Lenne-FFX-2
Lidia-Ragnarok manga
And not sure of the third one yet, it was going to be umi from rayearth but i decided to wait on that, I don't have a group yet

Hoshikuzu
10-14-2003, 07:55 PM
haha not exactly sure whats up for Acen. It seems that So Desu Ne Cosplay's big to do project will be Violinist Hamelin. Otherwise I should have a group of all five girls from Tokyo Mew Mew in battle outfits there. Other than that I think my Boogiepop Phantom costume is making her first appearance and if I have room maybe Hinoto. Dunno if Ill have time to finish Shina.
Speaking of Wolfs Reign Ive been trying to figure out how to make a wolf costume. Perhaps someday Ill get it right lol!

Ali
10-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Hmm... I think I may have a Belldandy in the making.
I'm not sure my Robin will travel very well, so that'll just stay out here until I *have* to bring it home.
I think I'll do a new Julia for this year (Oi, Luna! Photoshoot!) and may have a Spike. (My Vash from Anime Iowa. He's in my gallery.)

Probably Sawa from KITE (will be hoping *someone* recognizes me) and perhaps a Rinoa as well.

And all of you with Wolf's Rain costumes must do them. You will make a friend of mine very happy. (She hadn't seen it last year, and she's kicking herself for missing Darcia.)

Edit: Do they still have that four foot height limit on props?

Hoshikuzu
10-27-2003, 10:40 PM
yeah the hieght limit is still in effect but you can usually get away with 5 feet just make sure if its excessively big its collapsable so you can take it apart if they yell at you. And the size limit does not count for weapons in the masq. They can be of any size like our 7 foot D sword from last year lol!

Tiara
10-28-2003, 01:04 PM
I've decided the third character will be fuuko from flame of recca.

Ali
10-28-2003, 03:35 PM
No biggie... I want to wear my Belldandy battle costume (should be completed around March, I think) and I think I'll just make a 4 foot scale version of the staff. I'd get a kick out of that, at least...

Souma Mitsuko
11-08-2003, 09:40 PM
I'd like to start a Battle Royale group. (See thread if you would like to help)

Troppy
11-09-2003, 12:43 AM
I'm currently hosting an absolutely massive FFVIII group on Friday (myself as Rinoa) we currently have 16 characters and growing fast, with about 50% of which already have totally completed costumes. We're on the ball!! It will be incredible, be sure to look for us...we're also having our own little group photoshoot that we will announce for anyone who wants to waste film.

Saturday i'm planning a huge somewhat secret group that, if pulled off, will be absolutely SICK. @_@ Of course it's FF, but yeah. No confirms yet so that's all I can say.

PepeluTivursky
11-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I definetly know one of my costumes will be a character from Peacemaker Kurogane, to go with the Peacemaker cosplay group. And I'm definetly considering a Flute or Hamelin, as I've posted elsewhere.
The third days costume is fairly much up in the air though. I'm a newbie at all of this but hopefully I can get my hands on a sewing machine before too long. So, if anyone's looking for a character that isn't too incredibly hard to do (and yes, I would like to do it myself ... good experience, y'know?)

Hikaru0
11-27-2003, 07:42 AM
well, my plans are set, and I don't intend on changing them x.x unless of course, someone bribes me with lots of money or a bop on the head with a big mallet.
Anyway, I'm going to be the odd person out in Hoshikuzu's Tokyo Mew Mew group as Cafe Lettuce, and then, Saturday (yay set plans!) I'll have three costume changes-Alexiel, normal Flute from Hamelin, and Gogo. Alexiel will only be for an hour or so, so heads up to any Angel Sanctuary cosplayers, I'm trying to put together a photoshoot again next year! And then my last cosplay will be from a still little known manga called Loveless. I'll be Soubi ^_^
My sister (who will be attending, yay for converting! X3) shall be Mew Purin, Songstress Rikku and will bring her 'normal' Rikku, just in case she gets tired of Songstress. *twitch* which reminds me, I should be sewing right now...

R1KKu_77
11-30-2003, 09:06 PM
YAH for Rikku cosplayers! =O

Ill be bringing Samurai, Psychic'er and Thief along with me, oh, and Auron will be by my side =)

Rubber_Gundam
12-09-2003, 12:13 AM
I will be Inu-Yasha this year and my gf will be Kagome. Thats all I got so far. If we can get some photos of one of whoever from the cast we can get group shot and then just the fantastic 4 Kagome Inu-Yasha, Miroku, and Kiara. Then who ever dresses in a Inu-Yasha costume, i dont care if we get 20 Inu-Yashas, if you are wearing an inu-yasha character's costume then please join in on the picture. Ok, now all we need to figure out is a place to meet and a time. IM me if you have any questions.

Inu-Yasha - "Your Brain's Broken Or Sumtin!"

effembee
05-13-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm going as Lenne on Friday with a Yuna. ^.^ Then I'll be going as Wind Pretear! ^_^