PDA

View Full Version : How to calculate calories into working out?

ickaboo
07-31-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm curious how you calculate your calorie count into your work out. I've changed my diet to be more healthy and have limited my portions while increasing the ammount of times I eat throughout the day. My goal is to have a calorie intake of 1500 in order to lose my desired amount of weight . How do I figure out the calories lost with exercising so I know how little or how much I need to eat throughout the day?
None of my exercises involve using machines with any sort of calorie counter on them.

Kasinator
07-31-2010, 09:58 PM
check my diet 101 topic. there a calorie calculator that can take it into account.

ickaboo
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Ok thanks. I joined the website livestrong and certainly does of great job of calculating my exercises into my calorie intake.

distantarray
08-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Ok thanks. I joined the website livestrong and certainly does of great job of calculating my exercises into my calorie intake.

I hope so, cause 1500 calorie intake + exercise is a pretty bad formula. 1500 calories should only be done IF your NOT working out. You should actually be eating more than a normal inactive person when your tryin to lose weight and get healthy. Otherwise you'll lose both muscle and fat as your weight loss.

Lose body fat good, losing muscle bad...

ickaboo
08-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah that website explained everything for me. Ecspecially the whole net calorie thing. Thank god.