PDA

View Full Version : Any other Marc Diraison (Guts!) fangirls/boys?

number18
09-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah. The whole reason I decided I MUST go to this con was solely because of Marc Diraison. He is the voice actor for Guts from Berserk. Now, before just a couple of days ago, he was doing two panels, but now he has his very own panel/autograph session time!!!

Just curious who else from this board is going to be there and squealing like a ravenous fangirl...

And...any Berserk cosplayers, by chance??

TyJILDown
09-25-2003, 10:57 PM
I haven't seen the english dub of Berserk so I can't say much but I may go to the panel just because it's Berserk...*swoon* Maybe find out some info. ^^ What day/time is it anyways?

I hope to see some Berserk cosplays, my Caska won't be done for another year...

hikura
09-26-2003, 03:05 PM
I just might go to this panel to see two things.
1)number18 screaming and being a total fangirl.
2)number18 during the autograph session,and i use her own words here,"Hump his leg or something"
I know i will get throttled for these comments but it is so worth it.Love ya number18

number18
09-28-2003, 02:50 PM
_; Now now. That's enough out of you, hikura.

As for humping his leg and being a fangirl, I think it will come down realistically to me being really wide-eyed and anxious.

You should go, TyJil!!! GO GO GOOOOOOOOO! It's Saturday...seems he's gonna being doing three panels from like 1 to 4 or something. I dunno. It's posted on the schedule on the con site, but it could very well change.

What's the timeframe for your Caska?

TyJILDown
09-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Well, I made my boyfriend watch more Berserk last night so we may be pushing up Berserk costumes for this year...around ABoston most likely or Otakon. He wants to do Gats while I do Caska *grin* So we're gonna talk to a friend who does SCA armor and see what happens

As for the panel, I'll look into it ^^

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 11:54 PM
FYI, ask mister Guts voice man to do his Sean Connery impersonation! I was at his voice actor panel last year, and he started to do a Radom SNL Celebrity Jepeorady skit by himself, complete with "I'll take, the rapist, for $200" and "Put a sock in it Trabec!" I def want him to sign a copy of my Beserk dvd if i get the chance, with the MTVing and the photoshoots and the ass kickings ill be handing out in Soul Caliber 2 and all.....Chinatown's finest right year.....wow i went off on a tangent didnt i um...um....ummm GO BESERK!!!

number18
09-29-2003, 12:34 PM
That sounds quite amusing. Did you watch the English DVDs? The outtakes on that are hilarious. Marc Diraison starts impersonating Arnold, sreaming "GET TO ZE CHOPPAH!!!!!!!"

Hilarious.

TheAnarCHris
09-29-2003, 01:03 PM
That sounds quite amusing. Did you watch the English DVDs? The outtakes on that are hilarious. Marc Diraison starts impersonating Arnold, sreaming "GET TO ZE CHOPPAH!!!!!!!"

Hilarious.

I agree...although Conan O Brian does it better..

"MAKE WAY FOR AR-NOLD!!"

None the less, any man who makes "Predator" is a-o-k in my book...hehe aok!

Jubie-Chan
10-01-2003, 09:53 PM
I love him as Yoji! (haven't seen beserk)
met him at the BAAF and he's so nice, got his autograph and all. He was doing the arnold impersonation too at the panel in the BAAF, i never laughed so hard.

number18
10-01-2003, 09:57 PM
=giggles with anticipation=

CANT WAIT TO MEET HIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that's pretty friggan annoying and lame, though, is that on the schedule, it seems that they'll be showing Berserk in the viewing rooms SUBTITLED. Why have the English voice actor there, show the anime he did work on, but fail to play the version he worked on? I would be a little insulted...

TheAnarCHris
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Coz ppl tend to bitch n moan when they played dubbed anime...whiners.

number18
10-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Well I really hope that get's changed...I would feel bad for Mr. Diraison. :(

echocharlie
10-13-2003, 03:27 PM
=giggles with anticipation=

CANT WAIT TO MEET HIIIIIIM!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that's pretty friggan annoying and lame, though, is that on the schedule, it seems that they'll be showing Berserk in the viewing rooms SUBTITLED. Why have the English voice actor there, show the anime he did work on, but fail to play the version he worked on? I would be a little insulted...

Marc passes along his regrets that he couldn't make it. There was a slight miscommunication. He said that he could only make it Saturday, so we said "Ok, just come Saturday", but he took it to mean "See you next year". Anyway, he is sorry about disappointing anyone that was there to see him, and hopes to come next year for sure.

AnimeNext 2003 Staff

number18
10-13-2003, 11:20 PM
What a shame. A whole bunch of people showed up at his panel just to meet him...

So he was working on a play?

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2003, 11:16 AM
What a shame. A whole bunch of people showed up at his panel just to meet him...

So he was working on a play?

Workinh on a play...OR SLAUGHTERING HUNDREDS?!!?!?!

You have your theories, I have mine.

number18
10-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Workinh on a play...OR SLAUGHTERING HUNDREDS?!!?!?!

You have your theories, I have mine.

That couldn't have been funnier...
:bigtu:

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2003, 10:36 PM
That wasn't a joke -_<. Heheh my angry Guts face. It's funny coz he only has one eye....