PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead... flame my Vincent costume...

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 01:40 AM
I don't care... I'll be remakin' it... Just flame on my ghetto Vin costume in my gallery... if u want...

Link to the costume (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=5810&ppuser=8537)

Gren
09-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Your hair is covering your eyes and you don't have any full length shots of the costume. I really don't see how this one can be critiqued other than just "keep your hair ouf of your eyes,"

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 02:11 AM
*Lol* I know... The only full length I have is me sittin' with Neko Kitty-Chan... which I don't have scanned...

...stupid wig...

BountyBebopLuva
09-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Ouch, man.. could you even see with that hair in your poor eyes? lol, but who doesn't have a problem with a wig now and then. Perhaps a better pin job on the wig would made it better.

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 03:16 AM
My mom didn't want me to do anything with the wig... I also didn't have my glasses on at the time... blurry!!! but I manged to see okay...

...wow no flames yet...

Koumori
09-26-2003, 09:01 AM
...wow no flames yet...

It's hard to flame something you can't see. ;) If you have any clearer pictures, it would be very helpful.

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-26-2003, 11:25 AM
..Well..We're not really allowed to "Flame" in this forum. We are only allowed to give critiques...

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 11:36 AM
..oh *Sweatdrop* whaever... Sorry there's no good pic then... (the bangs of the wig were coming under my bandana, that's y it's coverin' my face...)

Koumori
09-26-2003, 11:37 AM
..Well..We're not really allowed to "Flame" in this forum. We are only allowed to give critiques...

As if I would ever flame anybody.

BountyBebopLuva
09-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Man, you couldn't do a thing with the wig? Now that explains a lot. lol

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Ya... Plus wig hair kept fallin' out... Annoyance... *Trashes wig* Last time I buy a wig from Wal-Mart!

Space Invader
09-26-2003, 01:04 PM
>...wow no flames yet...

Do you WANT flames? I know I wouldn't. Keep a postivie attitude, k?

Yeah, get a better wig. That one has GOT to go! Vincent's hair is straight, besides... with all the Halloween wigs out now, you should be bale to get a straight black wig pretty easily. Maybe use a different material for the cape and such, somehow the crushed panne just doesn't look right. I vouch for Casa satin or even a heavy broadcloth.

Railiens
09-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Thank you, Space Invader. I second that... Vincent's hair is very important to his look. It should look much more like him, more straight.

Not so sure about the restof the costume... can't see it very well o.o
(P.S. VincentROCKS)

Koumori
09-26-2003, 01:57 PM
A good wig is worth every penny you spend on it.

Catpaw
09-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I know... *Kicks wig haft-across the room* Crappy cheap ass wig... When I redoin' his, I'm gonna make everything perfect... & use my hair instead of a wig!

Space Invader
09-26-2003, 07:40 PM
>A good wig is worth every penny you spend on it.

Indeed it is. GOOD wigs don't shed as heavily as the cheap ones, they have a softer, more workable texture, the dye doesn't come off, and they just look better.

Menchi
09-26-2003, 08:28 PM
heh reminds me of my orginal rinna wig XD that is the blue mass of death. but yes a wig is worth the money if its a good wig, the second an final rinna wig is great an cost 2x as much.

good wigs = good money, more happiness

Serria
09-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Wig from me, too. That's the main thing. ^_^ The hair is kinda in your face, which I'm sure is pretty annoying for you, as well as kinda brings down the "Vincent" effect.

Catpaw
09-27-2003, 06:27 PM
...I know.. *Beats up wig some more* I feel like burnin' it... but I won't...

Koumori
09-27-2003, 08:46 PM
...I know.. *Beats up wig some more* I feel like burnin' it... but I won't...

I think throwing it away would be adequate.

LadyVincira
10-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Really, as has been stated, the wig is the biggest problem. 0^.^0''''' I'm not using a wig, myself - I'm dying my hair. Cheaper, and easier to manage. 0^-^0

Vialoi Ketsueke
10-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Really, as has been stated, the wig is the biggest problem. 0^.^0''''' I'm not using a wig, myself - I'm dying my hair. Cheaper, and easier to manage. 0^-^0

It may be cheaper, but it's really bad for your hair. And..If you don't do a good job, it usually looks very bad. ..Especially if your hair is blonde, and you want to dye it black.

unnatural colors also don't look very good if you dye them yourselves. Not that I've done it, but I've seen many people do this, same with dyeing their hair with a natural color. The box stuff is crap, and it will eventually ruin your hair if you keep dying it.

Keute
10-23-2003, 12:52 AM
catpaw: I don't care... I'll be remakin' it... Just flame on my ghetto Vin costume in my gallery... if u want...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but that line just REALLY makes me want to look at your costume. Truthfully, it makes you sound like you're ashamed of what you made and like you don't even care about it. I really think the costume is pretty good but yea, I also think you should move the hair out of your eyes instead of leaning your head so far back ur gonna fall over. :D

Catpaw
10-23-2003, 09:02 AM
XD I know... But I kinda had a good time with it... and bad... (Talk about gettin' silly string in my wig, slipping on ice & twisting my ankle twice... then loosing the scarf that matched the cape...) Plus, the bandana I used didn't have any spots to pull the hair through... *Grin* Maybe I should resemble my Vin costume (old version) & use my real hair... or just remake the whole thing... (I wanna make the shoes, etc.) *Stretches* Thanks for the comment though... & hopefully my newer costumes r gonna be better...

LadyVincira
10-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Vialoi - I dyed my hair already...and it worked well! I used a Clairol Herbal...Exotic....kind. Amazon Indigo...and it actually loks really good. Plus, it's relatively natural, and actually helped my hair (It was all dry and crud). Not to sound rude and come-backy, but it's true....

Reno_kun
11-04-2003, 03:39 PM
i hated it it sucked you can't cosplay worth crap! J/K i like it it was a good atempt at trying to do Vincent i know he's not easy to pull off he you said you wanted flames.

Catpaw
11-05-2003, 11:18 AM
& finally I did... W^V.V^W *LOL*