PDA

View Full Version : Workout Issues

Serah
08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been doing about an hour daily of two different Pilate workouts (one focusing on the abs and the other on the upper thighs), and I've been doing them for roughly two weeks. I was just wondering, should I be noticing any kind of change as of now??? I'm worried that it's not doing anything for me because I can't even get it to the point where I'm sore the next day. I should at least a little sore, shouldn't I?

kraek
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Actually, soreness means that you slightly overworked yourself. It's definitely doing something. By now, you should see that your muscles are becoming more defined and larger. So don't worry--what you're doing means that you're not overworking yourself, but improving your body.
How do I know? I do the same thing. XD

Serah
08-02-2010, 11:06 PM
awesome~ it's good to know that i'm not doing something wrong^^

oh and one other thing, throughout the workout it says that I should be pulling in my stomach, but I always find that I'm forgetting to do it constantly. Will that cause problems for me???

distantarray
08-02-2010, 11:47 PM
you shouldn't notice too much difference after two weeks, it takes time, give it 6 weeks and you should notice real differences, but pilates from what I understand doesn't push you 100% all the time so don't expect to be sore all the time eitherr. But anything is better than nothing and as long as it's getting your heart rate elevated your doing good.

DevTehFiend
08-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Pilates is a great work out, I haven't done it enough to notice too many results either, but it worked REALLY well for my mom and she only did it once a week (granted, with an instructor.)

It shouldn't make you sore at all because (if I remember correctly) it was developed as an exercise for injured athletes and is based loosely on the stretches and exercises done in ballet. So it's meant to give you a workout without overworking yourself.

Some soreness is good when doing things like cardio and resistance, because it means your muscles are breaking down and rebuilding, making them bigger and stronger, which burns more calories (the more muscle you have the more you burn calories by doing normal, household chores.)

Big appleton
08-03-2010, 12:28 AM
@Serah
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100329093036AANfBsN
it shouldn't cause any problems, it just makes the process of making your abs more defined quicker.

Serah
08-03-2010, 10:31 AM
great, I'll just keep at it then~ thanks for all the help everyone :3

Kasinator
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Be sure to do it every other day instead of daily. more recovery time will halp with progress on rest days just do 30 minutes of good cardio.

Serah
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
ok thanks, will do^^