PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time!

hoshi<3
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
i feel like there should've been a thread for this by now. if there already is one and i'm just really bad at reading, then sorry!! Dx
but if not, then algebraic. 8D
i know i saw a ton of adventure time cosplayers at anime expo and comic-con this year. and i want to cosplay Marceline sometime soon. :3
anyone else planning on cosplaying from it?

MagiFox
08-04-2010, 09:51 PM
I've been planning to make a Finn or Marceline cosplay ever since the show came out back in April. I'm leaning on Finn on the simplicity (and his awesome hat), but I'd kill to make an awesome Princess Bubblegum dress with a Lady Rainicorn prop. Human/Non-Lumpy!LSP is another possibility, but I'm not sure how it would be notticed by other con-goers or Adventure Time fans. :p

hoshi<3
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
well i've seen a few LSP cosplayers...they're pretty noticeable...i guess it's the purple...lumpiness...LOL xD
but yeah i want to make finn's hat sometime too! iunno about actually cosplaying him, i just really want the hat ^_^

Axelai
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Make sure if you DO cosplay it, send an email to Pendelton Ward! He LOVES cosplayers! When i sent him a pic of my Finn hat about a year ago, he was freaking out with joy. Haha. So send him an email with pictures, and he'll love it!

emmisu
08-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I want to cosplay the magic man... and have EAT IT fireworks and a plushie inside out bird

krf1117
08-14-2010, 12:20 AM
^ that would be soooo epic. especially with that poor bird, haha. it'd be really cool to see a finn and jake duo too, and maybe a marceline or princess bubblegum. i love adventure time, it's so different from the other cartoons on today. i love how it's the 'blink or you'll miss it' moments that catch you by surprise and make you laugh the most.

if i was gonna cosplay someone from the show, it would have to be LSP, just so i could walk around talking like her allll day. XD

Chi-chan243
08-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I haven't seen alot of Adventure Time cosplayers yet! D:

Take pictures please!!! ^^

Enjiko
08-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I love Adventure Time! Yeah at Anime Expo, I saw like 10 Finns :D
I'm drawing my design for a Lady Rainicorn human version. And watching the commercial for the newest episode, I like Marceline's new dress outfit. I think I'll make it~

HEYOashley
08-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I am planning on making Finn's back pack and a plushie of Jake :D

EpicOrange
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I just bought a wig for Human Lumpy Space Princess. The design is till pending. I want to keep the teenager I don't care attitude intact, but I also want to show the character is also a princess. Help?

junkeemunky
09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
For Halloween, I'm doing Finn and my gf is doing Marceline in her new dress. I'll try to post pics if we get everything done.

LadyGlitterbow
09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I was thinking about trying a Lady Rainicorn that is set up like a chinese parade dragon, and two people would "wear" it. They are similar in shape, and that would be the easiest way to stay true to what Lady Rainicorn actually looks like! If anyone is going to Wondercon this year, I would love to do an Adventure Time group!

Gloom
10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
For Halloween, I'm doing Finn and my gf is doing Marceline in her new dress. I'll try to post pics if we get everything done.

My boyfriend and I are going to do this for Halloween too <3 So cute! What color would you say her dress from the "Henchman" episode is? I've been fluctuating between an aubergine and gray, but the AT Wikipedia says "in the episode, "Henchman", she is seen wearing a short black dress, where the top is ripped and there is a maroon stripe going across it. It is noted that this dress is made of Why-Wolf hide. She also wore purple leggings under the dress and reddish-purple heels." Black? WTF? Really? And Maroon? Whuh?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411215632/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/0/0d/Marceline3.jpg Hm. Idk D:

~Squid~
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm going to be Princess Bubble Gum :)

I ordered my wig today :D

Enjiko
10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm forcing my dad to cosplay Marceline's dad.

kyuubified
10-14-2010, 12:28 AM
I was the lone Lumpy Space Princess at Anime Expo 2010 :'D

I would LOVE to cosplay her again, but maybe redo the costume so it looks nicer and isn't so damn hot! Plus it was really hard to see. D: I almost stepped on a bunch of children who swarmed around me, haha.

But I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating cosplaying Marceline's Dad/Lord of Evil in his monster form (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/5075071025/). I doubt anyone would know who I was though :(

Enjiko
10-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I was the lone Lumpy Space Princess at Anime Expo 2010 :'D

I would LOVE to cosplay her again, but maybe redo the costume so it looks nicer and isn't so damn hot! Plus it was really hard to see. D: I almost stepped on a bunch of children who swarmed around me, haha.

But I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating cosplaying Marceline's Dad/Lord of Evil in his monster form (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/5075071025/). I doubt anyone would know who I was though :(

OMG I saw you at Anime Expo! Lol who cares if anyone knows who you are? It would be awesome to see that cosplay!

kyuubified
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
OMG I saw you at Anime Expo! Lol who cares if anyone knows who you are? It would be awesome to see that cosplay!

I might make it for a friend to wear next year. Being LSP is just too much fun, as much as I like Marceline's dad.

I felt kind of like a pedo though, because at one point about 5 little kids were following my friend (who was cosplaying Finn) and I. xD

junkeemunky
10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
My boyfriend and I are going to do this for Halloween too <3 So cute! What color would you say her dress from the "Henchman" episode is? I've been fluctuating between an aubergine and gray, but the AT Wikipedia says "in the episode, "Henchman", she is seen wearing a short black dress, where the top is ripped and there is a maroon stripe going across it. It is noted that this dress is made of Why-Wolf hide. She also wore purple leggings under the dress and reddish-purple heels." Black? WTF? Really? And Maroon? Whuh?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411215632/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/0/0d/Marceline3.jpg Hm. Idk D:

Blah! Sorry I forgot to reply for so long. I hope you post pics of your costume on cos.com, there is so little Adventure Time, especially secondary characters!

Black and maroon?! Come on AT Wiki.... I went with fabric that is a really dark, dull purple, then matched the belt/shoe fabric to the character sheet. If I had more time, I would've made the dress out of a good, dyed fur. What I was having a hard time deciding was the exact makeup for her flesh tone.

Gloom
10-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Blah! Sorry I forgot to reply for so long. I hope you post pics of your costume on cos.com, there is so little Adventure Time, especially secondary characters!

Black and maroon?! Come on AT Wiki.... I went with fabric that is a really dark, dull purple, then matched the belt/shoe fabric to the character sheet. If I had more time, I would've made the dress out of a good, dyed fur. What I was having a hard time deciding was the exact makeup for her flesh tone.

Haha, I decided that I didn't have the budget or time (or skill) for a dress, so I just went with her regular outfit anyway. I need to trim the wig I ordered from Cosplay.com and then I'll be set. I'm not going to worry about her skin tone, being that a) I'm very, very pale anyway and b) I think the coloration on the show is a little exaggerated/tinted, so I will just interpret her skin tone as super pale rather than that powder periwinkle color. We'll see how it looks! Gah, I'm nervous to put it all together >_<

Heavens_Night
10-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm doing a human!Jake costume for Halloween, with a dress & stockings and stuff. It's coming along really nicely. :3 I'll be sure to post pics, my friend is going with me as Finn.

As for Pen's email address, does anyone know what it is? I'd love to send him pictures of the finished product. :D

~Squid~
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
My Princess Bubble gum wig came in the mail :D and I am almost done makign her crown.

I am so excited!!

junkeemunky
11-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Hope you guys got your costumes done! I managed to finish all my props and my Marceline's crazy long wig. Hopefully she'll post her outfit on here soon.

Here's a few I posted: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/338090/

junkeemunky
02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Working on Cotton Candy and Ice cream girl costumes. This is the first time I'm making fancy dresses, so it's an interesting experience.

noi
03-21-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm in the process of finishing up my Princess Bubblegum dress from the Royal Tart episode. :) I'll be wearing it to Megacon~

godmi
03-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone! I'm making Princess Bubblegum's original pink dress (with a shorter wig, though, so as not to get too tangled) and her blue dress from "Susan Strong." My boyfriend is lazy, so he's just going to make Finn's outfit. xD

The blue dress makes me super excited. I can't wait to start work on the wig, though! It's my favorite hairstyle out of all of her Princess Bubblegum's.

junkeemunky
03-30-2011, 09:25 PM
godmi- It's cool to see alternate outfits, I hope you post up pics on cos.com cos I'd love to see that outfit finished.

My gf and I are going as Finn and Marceline (Nightosphere ver.) for Wondercon this weekend.

CyberCandy
04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm forcing my dad to cosplay Marceline's dad.

^ that is epic o.o

I'm almost done with my Marceline 8D
I'm going to be commissioning her Axe-bass over the summer =3=

junkeemunky
04-10-2011, 12:53 AM
My gf wants me to make the royal tarts dress, but I might have to put it off until after I rework her "Henchmen" dress for Marceline.

I'd love to see someone cosplay Marceline's dad. It'd just be so rad.

levelsixtyseven
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM
godmi- It's cool to see alternate outfits, I hope you post up pics on cos.com cos I'd love to see that outfit finished.

My gf and I are going as Finn and Marceline (Nightosphere ver.) for Wondercon this weekend.

Ooooh! That's so cute! Finn and Marceline. Makes me smile.

ovrlnd
05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
recently I've been thinking of maybe doing a peppermint butler.

junkeemunky
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Do it! Were you thinking of making him like a plush doll, or a prop? I'm more than likely making him if I actually get around to doing the royal tarts dress for Bubblegum. Depends on my budget though.

ovrlnd
05-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Do it! Were you thinking of making him like a plush doll, or a prop? I'm more than likely making him if I actually get around to doing the royal tarts dress for Bubblegum. Depends on my budget though.

I was thinking of making the costume for me to wear. Im 6'6" so I'd be an awesomely huge peppermint butler, LOL. I thought about making artwork for his front and back, then at work print in on a single 4'x8' sheet of 1/2" thick ultraboard, then sending it to my guy to cnc router cut them out. then use .040 polystyrene to go around the edges. Then with some fabric make his jacket tails. make the pants and sleeves, etc...

junkeemunky
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Aw man, that'd be amazing to see at a con. Please, for the sake of Adventure Time fans everywhere, do that.

On the Princess Bubblegum front, finally found a good color for her hair, and am placing the order.

Devi 1313
05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Woohoo! Just decided spur of the moment to try and whip together a Marceline costume for Fanime in 2 weeks! Hope my wig gets here in time.

junkeemunky
05-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Devi 1313 good luck with your Marceline costume!

Still not sure which Bubblegum outfit I want to do, since it'll be for the summer. Gotta hold off on the royal tarts dress until the fall.

itsaduckpond
05-16-2011, 11:57 PM
we're doing group adventure time cosplay at acen this weekend :D we have a finn, a jake, and i'm going as lady rainicorn sort of ~humanized~ (aka in a bigish poofy rainbow dress.) ideally we'd have an ice king as well, but our last friend has been kind of slow with his costume...

junkeemunky
05-22-2011, 03:24 PM
It'd be cool to see a whole group of AT cosplays! My gf is wearing her Marceline with my Bubblegum, probably for Otakon if the wigs come in on time.

TheRedRaven
05-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Hoping to go as Fionna and Marceline soon :3

junkeemunky
05-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I love all the gender swap character designs. It'd be pretty awesome to see a Prince Gumball too, or Ice Queen!

myiuu
05-28-2011, 11:41 PM
just started my Fionna cosplay. I have the hat, socks, and shirt complete still need the skirt, backpack and sword. I've also been working on a scale plush of Cake I can't wait to finish it :D

aaaand finished it!
http://saiyuki-15.deviantart.com/art/Cake-Plushie-211321459

junkeemunky
06-06-2011, 07:31 AM
That is an adorable Cake! Excellent work so far on your costume!

I've been working on my Princess Bubblegum dress. I'm doing the white one with the scalloped purple trim from earlier in the series. Figured it would be the easiest to wear for summer time.

godmi
06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guys! I'm ordering my Bubblegum wig today! The big huge bun she has for her initial outfit in "Susan Strong" is...man. Quite a challenge to make. xD I don't think I can do it, and I don't have enough money to commission it. Do y'all think I would still be recognizable if I just had the regular long pink PB hair?

godmi
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh, also, does anyone have a good crown tutorial? I want to make PB's crown, but not out of paper or anything. I want it to be stiff and able to hold up during Dragon*Con.

junkeemunky
06-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd say for Bubblegum's bun, you'd have to have a foam base or something to wrap the hair around. It'd help it be more lightweight, and you could anchor it better on the wig. That bun is massive. But if you opt to just wear the wig down, I'm sure people will totally still recognize you!

myiuu
06-16-2011, 08:45 PM
finished the costume need to make her awesome ruby word and backpack still :)
http://saiyuki-15.deviantart.com/art/Fionna-and-Cake-Preview-212330208

junkeemunky
06-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Very cute! Will you wear it to a con?

godmi
06-17-2011, 07:00 PM
@myiuu: I literally squeed when I saw this! You're super cute! <3 And that Cake looks great!

myiuu
06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Very cute! Will you wear it to a con?

Sure will ;)

@myiuu: I literally squeed when I saw this! You're super cute! <3 And that Cake looks great!

lol thanks! :D

junkeemunky
06-20-2011, 10:29 AM
My gf went out yesterday and bought stuff for Marshall Lee cosplay! I'm still working on my Bubblegum dress though.

godmi
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln3tdfqD6a1qzvjqfo1_500.jpg

My Peebles wig came in the mail today! :] How does it look?

StrawberrySiren
06-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Lovin the wig, PB.

I got the basics for my Fionna cosplay! (Minus the socks...) I could only find a short-sleeved shirt, instead of a 3/4-1/2 sleeve shirt. But it's okay because Otakon is always so hot. I'll probably get something better in time for Katsucon. AND MY FRIEND IS COSPLAYING FINN.

The only thing is that the wig that I was going to order (which is essential for both my cosplays that weekend) totally slipped my mind and I couldn't get the money in time...

It'll still be Algebraic.

junkeemunky
07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I'll be bringing AT cosplay to Otakon as well! I'm there all weekend, not sure which day I'll be wearing PB though. Hope I see your Fionna and Finn!

LadiesMan217
07-22-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm going to Otakon as Marceline in her red striped shirt/ nightosphere outfit. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only vampire there with braces!

StrawberrySiren
07-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Lol vampires need nice teeth, too!

I finished my Fionna hat! I might add a chin strap if I can find a small one at Jo-Anns.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3000358/

LadiesMan217
07-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Lol vampires need nice teeth, too!

I finished my Fionna hat! I might add a chin strap if I can find a small one at Jo-Anns.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3000358/

good job, it looks really cute!

StrawberrySiren
07-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks! Lots of unexpected grief went into this haha.

LadiesMan217
07-23-2011, 02:23 PM
yeah you never know what kind of problems you'll run into. But it turned out great!

Gabbyv23
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I think I might cosplay Marceline one day....

I love adventure time but i don't get to watch it that often :<

alpha_helix
07-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Just saw the teaser clip for the genderswap episode and, gotta say, I think it might be fun to cosplay the Ice Queen! I have hundreds of ideas, though, so who knows if I'll get around to it.

StrawberrySiren
07-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh gosh, the Ice Queen looks so awesome. I'd totally cosplay her if I had the resources.

wormkaizer
07-26-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm going to try and costly as Marceline. :P I'm trying to get two of her costumes down. However, the newest episode, "Memories of a Memory," she has so many new costumes. So many choices. lol Can't wait!!! Is anyone here going to Dragon Con? We should get a group together!

junkeemunky
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I actually have Ice Queen planned for the future, but my gf is still deciding what she'll cosplay when I do, since I'm also planning a possible Prince Gumball as well. Got really excited for cosplay when the character sheets came out, and now we get to see a preview of the ep! We flipped out at all the new costumes for Marceline, thanks to Memory of a Memory! It'd be so cute if someone did little Bubblegum and little Marceline!

Are some of you guys still planning AT for Otakon? I'll be Bubblegum in her Trouble in Lumpy Space outfit, and my gf is Marceline in her Heat Signature outfit.

StrawberrySiren
07-27-2011, 04:51 PM
I AM! Heehee. My friend came over to finish his Finn hat the other night. It's going to be mathematical.

junkeemunky
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Cool! We'll be dressed up on Friday, so I hope we can catch you at the con!

junkeemunky
08-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Glad I caught some AT cosplayers on Friday of Otakon! That day was hellish outdoors, but everyone managed to look amazing! I was one of a few Princess Bubblegum!

What are some people's upcoming cosplay plans? Once summer ends, I'll probably start on Prince Gumball.

Kurthy133
08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
@wormkaizer I'm going to Dragon*con! We should totally make a group! Anyone else going to D*C?

I'm doing Natasha's take on Princess Cotton Candy (http://natazilla.tumblr.com/post/3294778624/cotton-candy-princess-sorry-about-that-double) & Fionna~ my friend is doing PB & Fionna too <3

I can't wait <3

StrawberrySiren
08-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I do so love that design. I was contemplating making something like that but I'm working on a dream cosplay that I think will use up a lot of money.

wormkaizer
08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
@Kurthy133 Yea, we should meet up! :P I can't wait to see your costume~~~ Cotton candy Princess looks so adorable!

StrawberrySiren
08-04-2011, 01:25 AM
After days of trying, I finally got a couple pics of my costume up here! I'll upload more eventually. I just need to edit them. I didn't get to go to the gathering at Otakon because I was too busy waiting in line to get my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers VHSs signed...

I'm going to a cigar lounge with some friends tomorrow, which is right near the mall with the American Apparel so hopefully if we all get the munchies, we can go there and I can at least get the right shirt.

Kurthy133
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Yay! Thanks guys <3

Strawberry~ I like your pictures! Your hat is super cute :3

MercuryLampe
08-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I've decided that since GoDaikocon is in 8 days, and I don't have a costume planned for the second day, I would throw together a Marceline cosplay since I have a long black wig that I thought I'd never use, vampire fangs I thought I'd never use, jeans, and a gray tank top ; u ; All I need now is her boots... Would you guys recommend red cowboy boots, or...? I'm kind of on a tight budget here, so I was wondering what I should do for the cheapest boots possible that still look like Marceline's xD

StrawberrySiren
08-05-2011, 12:44 AM
@Kurthy133--Fanks :)

@Mercury Lamp
Cowboy boots seem the most accurate but any sort of reddish leather boot will do. These (http://www.wetseal.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=109&productId=49143&color=WINE)would even do in my opinion. A reddish brown could even be an option.

Alyxiane
08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm going on an Adventure Time binge here. Where has this show been in my life and why have I neglected it until now? D: lol

I can't wait to do Fionna and make a big Cake plush of my own. <3 *Searches for blonde wig suitable for my skintone*

StrawberrySiren
08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
If you're tanned like me, Ash blond colors work pretty nicely (the one I used was cosworx's clover wig in 24), but they make you look a bit darker than normal. I have a feeling that light yellow-based wigs can also work but I'm not sure. They'll definitely make you look darker though haha.

The lighter you are, I think it's easier to pull off more types of blondes. Also, black people can look really good with any kind of blond!

MercuryLampe
08-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much! I think I'll go with those C:

Alyxiane
08-05-2011, 11:43 PM
If you're tanned like me, Ash blond colors work pretty nicely (the one I used was cosworx's clover wig in 24), but they make you look a bit darker than normal. I have a feeling that light yellow-based wigs can also work but I'm not sure. They'll definitely make you look darker though haha.

The lighter you are, I think it's easier to pull off more types of blondes. Also, black people can look really good with any kind of blond!

I'm fairly tanned. Lighter than typical Filipino tan (genetics and papaya soaps! xP) but still considered a tanned Asian. lol

In the meantime, I could try imagining my boyfriend as a possible Marshall Lee. xP

StrawberrySiren
08-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Lol! We Filipinos be takin over Adventure Time.

StrawberrySiren
08-08-2011, 05:41 AM
Okay. Totally random thought time and I don't want to forget it.
I want to buy the most hideous purple fabrics and construct a truly horrific 80's style poofy prom dress. Pretty much like Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed. And become Lumpy Space Princess.

Alyxiane
08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Okay. Totally random thought time and I don't want to forget it.
I want to buy the most hideous purple fabrics and construct a truly horrific 80's style poofy prom dress. Pretty much like Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed. And become Lumpy Space Princess.

That'd be awesome. XD

Sweet loli Fionna looks so adorable (http://carecub.tumblr.com/post/8547990725/finished-it-its-fionna-in-a-sweet-lolita-outfit) but I'm far from capable on making loli. <(; w ; <)

StrawberrySiren
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I love that design!

Alyxiane
08-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Oh god. Whether "canon" or just a troll edit, you gotta admit to how awesomely hilarious the idea is. (http://alyxiane.tumblr.com/post/8982698551/askmemarcelinethevampirequeen)

"WE’VE BEEN ROLEPLAYING SOMETHING OUT OF A CRAPPY FANFICTION."

brb laughing

Emmala
09-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me with a Fionna costume I have to make for my friend! I promised I would make her hat for her, which is pretty simple. I'm just going to use a tutorial for Finn's hat, and change the ears. My problem is, how do I get the ears to stand up? I'm sure they will wnat to be floppy once I am done with it.

StrawberrySiren
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Mine went floppy for sure. What I did was add in interfacing and after the hat was completed, I fixed any floppiness by sewing the one side of the ears closer to the middle. My ears are still standing.

Emmala
09-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Uh, I'm not really sure that I understand what you mean. You put interfacing in the ears? Did that work even with stuffing? Because it doesn't seem like it would. And what do you mean by you sewed part of it closer to the middle?

mirzers
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I love Adventure Time cosplay.
I've gone to a couple of conventions and cosplay events as Fionna. Not many people knew who I was since the episode hadn't aired yet, but it still was fun nonetheless.
I really hope to cosplay as Ice Queen one day. I just love love love her design.
I also got one of my friends to work on a Marshall Lee and am currently trying to get another friend to go with us to conventions and events as Marceline ohoho

I want to complete this cosplay by making Cake and her ruby sword. Has anyone done either of these and have any tips? I would really like to have wiring in Cake's arms, legs, and tail so I can pose her a bit, though it's not necessary, just thought it would be cool.

Uh, I'm not really sure that I understand what you mean. You put interfacing in the ears? Did that work even with stuffing? Because it doesn't seem like it would. And what do you mean by you sewed part of it closer to the middle?

What I did for my hat (because the ears did go floppy) was put in some wiring and a ton of stuffing into the ears. I also did what StrawberrySiren did and took one side of the ears and sewed it closer to the middle of the hat. However, it can leave a bit of a bunched-up effect on top if you do this after completing the hat. Though that all depends on how you make your hat.

myiuu
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I finished Fionna's Sword the other day =D
so happy with how it turned out

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3058032/

mirzers
09-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I finished Fionna's Sword the other day =D
so happy with how it turned out

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3058032/

Oh man, that's awesome! I love it!
Do you mind me using this as a reference when I make mine? It's just so lovely.

I remember seeing your Fionna cospay on dA. I really like it.

myiuu
09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh man, that's awesome! I love it!
Do you mind me using this as a reference when I make mine? It's just so lovely.

I remember seeing your Fionna cospay on dA. I really like it.

Thanks =D
yeah go ahead :)

mirzers
09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
@myiuu
I've been trying to work on Fionna's sword for a day and a half now using a cheap sword as a base and foam-core and it just isn't really working (most likely because I am new to this and have no idea what I'm doing haha). Do you perhaps have any tips for construction you would be willing to share?

Ah, nevermind. I played around with techniques and things and and finally got something I like. So I don't really need any tips anymore haha It'll be done this week and I shall have it with me this weekend at Anime Destiny (http://www.calanimedestiny.com/). I'm excited!

MentalFunhouse
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM
My girlfriend and I are working on cosplays for Adventure Time.
I'm going to be Princess Bubblegum and she's going to be Marshall Lee. <3 o u o

ArgyArgyle
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm planning on being Marshall Lee for Halloween for Halloween and I can't decide if I should use light blue or zombie green for my skin color. I know they're both correct, but I can't decide. ; o;

MentalFunhouse
10-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm planning on being Marshall Lee for Halloween for Halloween and I can't decide if I should use light blue or zombie green for my skin color. I know they're both correct, but I can't decide. ; o;

Actually, the light blue color is his skin tone, but it was green in the show due to the lighting or whatever.
I'm sure that either one would work, but technically the blue skin is canon. o u o
You should totally post pictures of your costume after you're done, by the way!

junkeemunky
10-04-2011, 02:01 PM

The blue and green are due to different lighting. He is gray, just like Marceline. Best color is Ben Nye CB-8 Ghoul Grey. Absolutely PERFECT when photographed, and offers great coverage. The little cup is enough to cover your face, neck, and arms at least twice. Just set with some powder and spray, and you're good to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creme-Character-Bases-0-5-oz-14-gm-Ben-Nye-Makeup-CB-/250403372385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a4d343d61#ht_2614wt_821

junkeemunky
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
My gf and I are going as Marceline and Bubblegum for Halloween. I just mixed my own pink foundation so I'll have the right flesh tone, and am about to start on modifying a sweater. Super, super excited!

October Spencer
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
The blue and green are due to different lighting. He is gray, just like Marceline. Best color is Ben Nye CB-8 Ghoul Grey. Absolutely PERFECT when photographed, and offers great coverage. The little cup is enough to cover your face, neck, and arms at least twice. Just set with some powder and spray, and you're good to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creme-Character-Bases-0-5-oz-14-gm-Ben-Nye-Makeup-CB-/250403372385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a4d343d61#ht_2614wt_821

What kind of powder and spray would be best to set this? I'm planning on being Marceline for ALA.

junkeemunky
10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I just use some translucent or white setting powder when my gf does Marceline. Final seal makeup spray is great, but it's hard to find if you don't have a costume shop nearby. Hairspray is a cheap and effective alternative, and you can get a much wider spray. I suggest having someone help you with that though, spraying your own face isn't really the best idea.

October Spencer
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you!

junkeemunky
10-07-2011, 01:34 PM
No problem!

I'm currently working on styling my Bubblegum wig into the "What Was Missing" updo. The hard part is that I want to do it without totally destroying the wig, because I want to wear it down later. XD

Miyabi-
10-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm giving serious thought into cosplaying Breakfast Princess for Ohayocon this year. I mean, come on, she has a bacon belt and headdress! ^_^ It's too cute!

October Spencer
10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Which would be better to use for Marceline's bite marks? http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-MJ/MagiColor-Creme-Crayons.html

or http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-MC/MagiColor-Creme-Pencils.html

sandysaur
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Which would be better to use for Marceline's bite marks? http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-MJ/MagiColor-Creme-Crayons.html

or http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-MC/MagiColor-Creme-Pencils.html

If I was you, I'd just go for the cheaper one if you don't have eyeliner already. I used just random dark brown eyeliner I already had when I did my bitemarks, and it stayed on really good. It took me a few days to get it off xD

October Spencer
10-09-2011, 11:51 PM
If I was you, I'd just go for the cheaper one if you don't have eyeliner already. I used just random dark brown eyeliner I already had when I did my bitemarks, and it stayed on really good. It took me a few days to get it off xD

Dark brown? They look red to me.

sandysaur
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Dark brown? They look red to me.

*fail*
I didn't double check the picture before I did mine, and I had never noticed before ^^;
I apologize for the fail. Regardless, I would still say the cheaper one would be the one I would go for.

junkeemunky
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Agreed! Just use something cheap, because you're only using it for two tiny dots. Go to rite-aid or walmart and find a makeup pencil. They are usually only $1-2 if you buy the cheaper brand, and you don't have to pay for shipping. :3

junkeemunky
10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm giving serious thought into cosplaying Breakfast Princess for Ohayocon this year. I mean, come on, she has a bacon belt and headdress! ^_^ It's too cute!

This sounds like a great idea to me. I say go for it! The character design is absolutely adorable. Minor princesses definitely need more love! I keep trying to get my gf to do Jungle Princess, but she says it's just too much makeup. XD

October Spencer
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Agreed! Just use something cheap, because you're only using it for two tiny dots. Go to rite-aid or walmart and find a makeup pencil. They are usually only $1-2 if you buy the cheaper brand, and you don't have to pay for shipping. :3

I was going to do that, but the site that I'm ordering other things on has a $20 minimum, so this will get me to that.

Aurora Maryte
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone is doing Adventure Time for NYCC.
My sister, my little brother, and I are. It'd be cool to find others...
I'm being Dr. Princess, my sister is being Raggedy Princess, and our brother is being Finn.

MercuryLampe
10-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Marceline kind of fell through, so that idea has been trashed. Now I'm going to be Finn. My friends are being Fionna and Peebles, so we've got our own little group started. C:
Does anyone have any suggestions on patterns I could use for his backpack? I'm a beginner at sewing, so the easier to use, the better! (Would it be too advanced to make the backpack useable?)

Miyabi-
10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
This sounds like a great idea to me. I say go for it! The character design is absolutely adorable. Minor princesses definitely need more love! I keep trying to get my gf to do Jungle Princess, but she says it's just too much makeup. XD

Well, she could always use tights for the bottom at least! Jungle Princess would be adorable!
As for make up I really reccommend these:
http://www.mehron.com/Paradise_Makeup_Professional_p/800.htm

They're what I used for my make up for Elphaba and they're super easy to apply (I use a damp paintbrush), they dry with a nice matte finish and they wash off with just soap and water. ^_^
Only bad thing is that they tend to rub off easily from places like your hands.

junkeemunky
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Miyabi, thanks for the rec! I'll probably go with ben nye creme foundation because I'm more familiar with it, but I would love to experiment more with water activated makeup at some point! It looks like it worked really well for your Elphaba. We're now looking for a bodysuit that could work, and then we'd need way less paint. It's not so much wearing the paint that's the issue, it's the crazy amount of time it takes to apply. XD

Miyabi-
10-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Miyabi, thanks for the rec! I'll probably go with ben nye creme foundation because I'm more familiar with it, but I would love to experiment more with water activated makeup at some point! It looks like it worked really well for your Elphaba. We're now looking for a bodysuit that could work, and then we'd need way less paint. It's not so much wearing the paint that's the issue, it's the crazy amount of time it takes to apply. XD

I've tried the cream foundation stick and didn't care too much for it..it was a bit heavy for my skin (I was really blotchy afterwards. It went away by morning but still..lol). The water activated ones were much lighter and didn't make my skin blotchy.
They're really fun to play around with though! ^_^ They're very similar to watercolor paints in the way you can adjust their intensity and blending-wise.
Apply-time always stinks. I only did mine from my collar bone up and from the middle of my arm to my hands and it took forever when I first did it because I was working with blending two colors. The nice thing is that I got a lot of coverage out of one brush-dip of the stuff though! I got a pretty big patch done before having to re-dip my brush.
I think for Breakfast Princess I'm going to just use yellow stockings for the legs and maaaybe buy another pair and make arm sleeves out of them so I don't have to paint so much of myself. XD! We'll see how it goes though!

astronological
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I think for Breakfast Princess I'm going to just use yellow stockings for the legs and maaaybe buy another pair and make arm sleeves out of them so I don't have to paint so much of myself. XD! We'll see how it goes though!
ooh ! you're even gonna have the large piece of toast ? 8D

Kaminess
10-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Just decided I'm going to cosplay BMO *u* Trying to figure out measurements + how much cardboard+styrene I'm going to need.. e n e Good thing I have easy access to enormous boxes!

Probably going to get a zentai suit for arms+legs..

Now to learn to dance..

junkeemunky
11-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Kaminess, Cute idea! I think the zentai suit is a great idea for your limbs.

My gf and I dressed up as Marceline and Bubblegum for Halloween, and it was really fun! Hopefully I'll have a few pics to share soon. :3

astronological
11-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Just decided I'm going to cosplay BMO *u* Trying to figure out measurements + how much cardboard+styrene I'm going to need.. e n e Good thing I have easy access to enormous boxes!

Probably going to get a zentai suit for arms+legs..

Now to learn to dance..

aaah, i envy you ! :U /is just going to be human!beemo because i am derp.

i think you can just paint two pairs of stockings (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?29866-Homestuck-Related-Cosplay&p=4297093&viewfull=1#post4297093), one pair each for your hands and legs. o uo i think it'll be way cheaper that way.

Kaminess, Cute idea! I think the zentai suit is a great idea for your limbs.

My gf and I dressed up as Marceline and Bubblegum for Halloween, and it was really fun! Hopefully I'll have a few pics to share soon. :3

8D PICS. woo hooooo ~ !

Miyabi-
11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
ooh ! you're even gonna have the large piece of toast ? 8D

The bodice of the dress? Yep! I was going to make the pancake dress and then make the top sandwich board style over top of it.
I wish I could make plushies so I could make one of her little sister...

Lucca
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
S'up guys? You've got some great costumes posted; I enjoyed browsing through them!

I planned out a Marceline costume (Nightosphere ver.) for Halloween this year, thinking it would be really simple (and in principle, it was). Though, man, everything that could possibly go wrong, did go wrong. I ran into issues with the wig, my bass prop, and even my family's antique sewing machine broke down. The end result (http://i39.tinypic.com/2nvseac.jpg) was still wearable for Halloween albeit pretty cheesy ($3 substitute wig, inflatable guitar with flames, etc). Still had a lot of fun wearing it; I even went to see the Flaming Lips in-costume! A revamped version of this outfit will eventually make it's way into some convention and I'm considering another, possibly from Video Makers (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/5619584026/) or The Henchman title card (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/4911042627/).

astronological
11-05-2011, 05:32 PM
The bodice of the dress? Yep! I was going to make the pancake dress and then make the top sandwich board style over top of it.
I wish I could make plushies so I could make one of her little sister...

that's so amazing you're doing breakfast princess !
8D i'd love to see it when you're finished !

S'up guys? You've got some great costumes posted; I enjoyed browsing through them!

I planned out a Marceline costume (Nightosphere ver.) for Halloween this year, thinking it would be really simple (and in principle, it was). Though, man, everything that could possibly go wrong, did go wrong. I ran into issues with the wig, my bass prop, and even my family's antique sewing machine broke down. The end result (http://i39.tinypic.com/2nvseac.jpg) was still wearable for Halloween albeit pretty cheesy ($3 substitute wig, inflatable guitar with flames, etc). Still had a lot of fun wearing it; I even went to see the Flaming Lips in-costume! A revamped version of this outfit will eventually make it's way into some convention and I'm considering another, possibly from Video Makers (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/5619584026/) or The Henchman title card (http://www.flickr.com/photos/84568447@N00/4911042627/).

it's pretty good, aside from the guitar. at least, for halloween. o uo

ooo, if my opinion counts at all, i vote the video makers one ! just because it looks easier to move around in. e ue;; /has no experience with pretty, sexy dresses at cons

sandysaur
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand for grey makeup for Marceline? I read about some kind that you mix with water, and it doesn't really rub off, but I'm not sure what it's called, or which brand would be best. Thanks!

Lucca
11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand for grey makeup for Marceline? I read about some kind that you mix with water, and it doesn't really rub off, but I'm not sure what it's called, or which brand would be best. Thanks!Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

Another great option is creme makeup. I used a mix of Ben Nye's white foundation with some blue-grey to create the shade in the photo I previously posted.

it's pretty good, aside from the guitar. at least, for halloween. o uo

ooo, if my opinion counts at all, i vote the video makers one ! just because it looks easier to move around in. e ue;; /has no experience with pretty, sexy dresses at cons
Haha, yeah, Halloween is the key word here. It was basically an excuse to do a makeup test run. Which does look a bit washed out in the photo; so I think I may mix it just a tad darker next time (or do a better job contouring).

I'm leaning towards the plaid outfit as well, if only because the thought of having to wear high-heels fills me with dread.

junkeemunky
11-10-2011, 01:26 PM
For Halloween, my gf and I planned Marceline and Bubbleugm from What Was Missing, and we managed to get everything together thankfully. Even managed to get some props finished too! I just have to resize some pics! :3

sandysaur
11-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

Another great option is creme makeup. I used a mix of Ben Nye's white foundation with some blue-grey to create the shade in the photo I previously posted.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!!

For Halloween, my gf and I planned Marceline and Bubbleugm from What Was Missing, and we managed to get everything together thankfully. Even managed to get some props finished too! I just have to resize some pics! :3

Haha, my girlfriend wants to be my Bubblegum from What Was Missing too, I'm excited to see your pictures!

Marshall Lee
11-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Based on that description, it sound like you're looking for water based makeup such as Kryolan Aquacolor or Paradise AC. Most brands come in at least one shade of grey. I haven't tried water based makeup myself but it seems like a favorite among many forum goers, so I'd definitely recommend looking into it.

You look really cute as Marceline!

The Paradise AC in Storm Cloud is great. I apply it with a damp brush and it dries awesomely to a nice matte powdery finish and stays on pretty well, even on my hands. I reccommend still using a bit of barrier spray to help it not budge.

I'm not a fan of creme make up since after a while it tends to dry out and flake a bit on me. I've found that it lasts a bit longer if you use a bit of primer and moisturizer first. Creme make up is pretty much a no-go for me on my hands..it rubbed off and onto things way too easily.

sandysaur
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of high waisted pants like Marceline's in "What Was Missing?"
I can post a reference picture later when I'm not on my phone.

Marshall Lee
11-18-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/186-5512829-5948829?url=search-alias%3Dapparel&field-keywords=high+waisted+jeans

Sadly the most accurate looking ones don't come cheap on Amazon. Might want to see what brands you like best and maybe search on ebay.
Those kind of jeans were trendy a couple of seasons ago so I'm sure you might be able to find them on ebay or maybe a thrift shop.

sandysaur
11-20-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/186-5512829-5948829?url=search-alias%3Dapparel&field-keywords=high+waisted+jeans

Sadly the most accurate looking ones don't come cheap on Amazon. Might want to see what brands you like best and maybe search on ebay.
Those kind of jeans were trendy a couple of seasons ago so I'm sure you might be able to find them on ebay or maybe a thrift shop.

Oh yuck, that's a lot. I like that style of pants a lot anyways and I'd wear them out of cosplay, but that's too much for me. I will lurk around on Ebay and thrift stores, thanks for the advice :)

Marshall Lee
11-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh yuck, that's a lot. I like that style of pants a lot anyways and I'd wear them out of cosplay, but that's too much for me. I will lurk around on Ebay and thrift stores, thanks for the advice :)

I entered in "high waisted jeans" into an ebay search and got tons of results in all kinds of interesting styles. Price wise they average around $36-$40. That's not too bad, especially if you plan on wearing them outside of cosplay.

sandysaur
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
I entered in "high waisted jeans" into an ebay search and got tons of results in all kinds of interesting styles. Price wise they average around $36-$40. That's not too bad, especially if you plan on wearing them outside of cosplay.

I was looking on Ebay and I couldn't find any in a color I liked that were reasonably priced. Do you think you could link me to the ones you found? Maybe I searched for something different, haha.

Marshall Lee
11-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I was looking on Ebay and I couldn't find any in a color I liked that were reasonably priced. Do you think you could link me to the ones you found? Maybe I searched for something different, haha.

Just type in "high waisted jeans" without the quotation marks in it and it should bring up the same results.
Keep in mind also that if a pair of pants is 100% cotton that you can dye them to the shade you want as well.
There's also a pretty neat denim community online that has all kinds of tips regarding shopping/dyeing etc:
http://jeanshub.blogspot.com/

sandysaur
11-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Just type in "high waisted jeans" without the quotation marks in it and it should bring up the same results.
Keep in mind also that if a pair of pants is 100% cotton that you can dye them to the shade you want as well.
There's also a pretty neat denim community online that has all kinds of tips regarding shopping/dyeing etc:
http://jeanshub.blogspot.com/

Thanks! For some reason I didn't even think about dying them. I'd rather not have to deal with dying if I don't have to, but I guess it can't always be helped. I'll look into that website.

ayaasan
11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello! Just thought that I'd pop in and say hello :)
I'm currently working on my interpretation of Princess Bubblegum from the Susan Strong episode--kinda like how they "bling" out the princesses at Disneyland. Just finished the crown, and now I'm finishing hand-stitching the sequin "sprinkles" on the trim of the cardigan. Sooo looking forward to the floofy cupcake skirt ^__^ Debuting her at Wonder-Con next March, so I hope to meet some more Adventure Time fans!~

virjenga
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Yay Princess Bubblegum!! I saw your crown detailing, it is lovely!

I, too, am doing Princses Bubblegum, for Katsucon next year. The royal tart dress is the plan!

My boyfriend is going as the Ice King, he just doesn't really know it yet. *covert costume making ftw*

TheRedRaven
12-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Finally getting started on Natasha's version of Cotton Candy Princess. I'm so excited for this cosplay ^_^

Doktor Lee
12-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Upon watching Part 2 of Holly Jolly Secrets, I feel as if I could pull off a Pre-Ice King!Simon Petrikov for an upcoming con in the future. Now I just need to look for a gray tweed suit and a pair of ankle-high shoes...

axiomatic
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I am planning a cosplay Bubblegum from What Was Missing (reference (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110920181751/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/8/82/PB_in_new_outfit.jpg)) at the moment! for Anime Expo, and my good friend is planning on being Marceline. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the wig? I'm planning on ordering a base wig and long ponytail from Arda and going from there, unless anyone had a better idea. also, does anyone know where I'd be able to find a dress as close to hers as possible? thank you very much!

Binkky
01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey guys! :]
I plan on going to the San Diego Comic Con this year and I'm currently thinking about going as Fiona, from the "Fiona and Cake" episode. I think it's a fun and simple costume. Also, if my sister decides to go with me, she would be dressed as Cake! :D

junkeemunky
02-11-2012, 12:37 PM
In between work hours I've been slowly sewing my Ice Queen dress. It's coming out really nicely, but man is this thing big. Lots of work left to do!

Is anyone planning Adventure Time for Fanime?

sandysaur
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
In between work hours I've been slowly sewing my Ice Queen dress. It's coming out really nicely, but man is this thing big. Lots of work left to do!

Is anyone planning Adventure Time for Fanime?

I'm planning on Fionna, and maybe Marceline :)

At AOD last weekend I went as Marceline from What Was Missing, and my girlfriend was Bubblegum in pajamas with that shirt, haha. I don't have any pictures, unfortunately, but I hopefully will have some soon.

FlamePrincess
03-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi :D

For Otakon this year im cosplaying Flame Princess. http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/3/3e/FlamePrincess.png my only issue is the giant jewel on her forehead, and the smaller one for the dress. I can't find one nearly as big as it needs to be.

Binkky
03-03-2012, 11:50 AM
So now that I know for sure that I'm going to Comic Con, I need to figure out how to make a Cake the Cat cosplay. There aren't many out there to go off of so I was wondering if anyone had any tips or what not that could help me? (I don't know how to sew so that's out of the question. :/)

kisa123
03-03-2012, 02:58 PM
For wigs you could go to value village, except the wigs are usually around about Halloween, also on CosplayHouse.com they have synthetic wigs. The last one would be Wigs.com then search in the search bar cosplay wigs and they have all different kinds. Hope this works!! :)

Doktor Lee
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Welp, I've finished my Simon costume for D*Con this year, but there's a small problem: it's with my skin tone.

As one could probably tell, Simon's skin is a bit darker than other human shown on AT, and with me being whiter than sour cream, it's a bit of a hindrance to pull it off. However, I did run out and purchase a nice tanned foundation, but I'm worried that it will rub off onto my suit/someone else/or melt off my face in the hot sun.

So I guess my question is...is there some sort of makeup setting I can use on foundation that will last me a long while?

ayaasan
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I officially have some progress to post! Yay! I'm done with re-designing Princess Bubblegum's ballerina outfit into a full flouncy dress, and I just need to finish the skirt, add the sleeves onto the cardigan and make the satchel. I also plan on making a Science the Rat plush if I have time before Wonder-Con. *goes back to sewing* :)

**3/11/12: officially DONE with both Fionna and Princess Bubblegum!!
A pretty bad mirror photo shall have to suffice until after Wonder Con-
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3170543/
*celebrates* :D

@Doktor Lee: Awesomesauce points for cosplaying as Simon!~ I use baby powder (I've also heard colorless powder, but I've always found baby powder to work just as well ^^) and Ben Nye final seal spray when I paint myself up in different colors and it works wonders.

junkeemunky
03-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm really slow to update, but I finally uploaded my 3 Princess Bubblegum outfits! I was also fortunate enough to have an awesome Marceline with me. <3 Here's links if anyone wants to see.

Trouble in Lumpy Space: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/417516/

Videomakers: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/417517/

What Was Missing: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/417518/

xTibbySaurus
03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I want to do a Human! Cake cosplay because her sassiness is just AMAZING!

HareyuNanami
03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet! XD

But I cosplayed Ice Queen at DTAC this past December and I am planning to cosplay Flame Princess with a group (with a Finn and PB and possibly a Marceline)

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/389747/

EsapdaLexa
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
im going to be cosplaying fiona but i dont know where to buy a wig for Fiona, does anybody know where to buy a wig for her?

junkeemunky
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet! XD

But I cosplayed Ice Queen at DTAC this past December and I am planning to cosplay Flame Princess with a group (with a Finn and PB and possibly a Marceline)

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/389747/

I saw pics of your Ice Queen! I'm working on Ice Queen myself for Fanime. Good luck on your Flame Princess, definitely looking forward to seeing it.

ne0ven0m
05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
My gf already did Fiona a few months ago, so I plan on joining her as Marshall Lee soon. Very easy to put together, but I'll have to practice with the bodypaint (suggestions?) and gain some experience in crafting the axe bass. Thankfully I found some good tutorials and blogs online.

Marshall Lee
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
I used a blend of Paradise AQ in Storm Cloud and the white one for my body paint. It's good stuff, apply it with a damp paintbrush, it goes on matte, stays put and washes off easily with just soap and water.

osushi
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
My friends and I are doing some of the genderbent characters later this year. We'll have a Fionna, Marshall and Cake (though my friend isn't sure how to go about being a cat yet, so she might do someone else.)

I'm going to be Ice Queen. I'm having the gown made, then doing some of the details myself because I don't have the patience/skill to make a whole gown, and we're aiming to make everything as legit as we can.

BlondeSwan
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Im hopefully (in the near future) going to be Marceline while my brothers are Jake and Finn

rainbows14
06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
One of the best cartoons nowadays...
It's awesome seeing people cosplay as the characters...

Best Styles Chosen by Our Clients
(http://blog.wigsalon.com/2012/06/best-styles-chosen-by-our-clients.html)

Binkky
07-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Anyone going as an AT character to the San Diego Comic Con? :]

Suzie Blue
07-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Hello, all! I went to Hancock's on Saturday to take advantage of the uber-sale they were having and bought fabric for Fionna! I bought turquoise nylon lycra and royal blue ponteroma knit for her shirt and skirt. I don't know when I will be able to make this cosplay for Halloween this year! & possibly dress my boyfriend up as Marshall Lee. ^.^

As far as Fionna goes, I'm a little concerned about her hat. I really want to make it, but I may end up spoiling myself with this one (http://www.etsy.com/listing/87151457/fionnas-hat-adventure-time?) on Etsy. It's so perfect! And making something like this kind of scares me. haha

StrawberrySiren
07-31-2012, 06:56 PM
I made mine. I made it more like a bomber hat and I love it, though I should have made the ears longer. It was super easy. I hand sewed the entire thing in one day. It's not so hard!

CorporatePuppet
08-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm trying to figure out how and what type of fabric to use to make a 'Breakfast princess' cosplay out of? she is like one of my fav princesses^-^

Lady Death
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Last summer(meaning April and May for me), I ended up watching Adventure Time after dinner and got hooked for some reasons.

So far, I'd like to go as Fiona and Marceline, but I'm sticking to Fiona because I've had enough long wigs for now. ^u^;;

tarinalove
08-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm cosplaying Fiona with my boyfriend as Marshall Lee, I'm pretty stoked!
:)
I'm addicted to this show as well.

ayaasan
08-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I recently got addicted to this show all over again, and am now working on the Ice Queen :) Just got all of my purdy fabrics, and I need to start making the mock-up!~
After acting chipper as PB, it'll be a nice change of pace to be a crazy villain ;3

nerdibird
08-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm going to be dressed as Marceline at FanExpo this weekend! Probably only the Sunday since the con is going to be crazy busy for me. Anyone else going to FanExpo?

ayaasan
09-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm finally finished with patterning the Ice Queen's bodice and sleeves, and now I just need to get crackin' :)

Just curious--are there any Adventure Time cosplayers going to Wonder Con next year that would like to meet up for a group?

Suzie Blue
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
So I just bought socks for Fionna...and accidentally payed $18 for a $3 pair... Oops. Oh well.

I'm going to try to work on the shirt and skirt this weekend (if I'm home from college for those days)- hopefully I can get somewhere on them! :) I'm hoping to have the costume for Halloween.

Suzie Blue
09-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm getting somewhere on Fionna! :) I have the skirt cut and pinned and the shirt cut. Yay, progress! I also fixed the shoes I'm using for her- they're black mary janes that had off-white stitching on them; I painted over the stitches with black acrylic and viola! Perfect! I plan to order the fleece for her hat and backpack soon and will hopefully have it by next weekend so I can work on those things then. I also plan to order the wig when Arda has their sale in a couple weeks.

EDIT
Over the weekend I was able to complete the skirt (it's sooo cute!) and STARTED to assemble the shirt, but my sewing machine pooped out on me. I think it was the embroidery thread wasn't cooperating with the stitch I was using, so I'll have to get normal thread. Also, I found the fleece for the hat and backpack at Walmart for $8! I was so stoked! haha I much prefer that to what I would have spent to order it online. I can't wait til next weekend to make more progress!

Suzie Blue
09-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Got my $20 socks today! haha They are quite nice, too. Totally not worth $20, but still great! I can't wait to go home this weekend and make more progress on Fionna- I didn't go home this past weekend, so I'm in a bit of a withdrawal. haha

Suzie Blue
10-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Here is today's progress!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjxde6xsc1rytjtqo1_500.jpg
All I have left is to stitch up the opening in the bottom where I stuffed it. :3 I must say I am quite proud of this! It took a lot of work and my fingers are killing me from having to hand-stitch the straps on, but it was worth it! It even has a zipper under the flap. Yay! :D

Miyabi-
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
That backpack is super adorable! It's nice having props that are actually functional too! I'm always so happy to cosplay a character that has an article of clothing or a prop with pockets..lol

Suzie Blue
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you! Yeah, the pocket will definitely come in handy!

(Btw, I love your Elphie cosplay! I saw Wicked for the first time last month- it was AMAZING!)

Devi 1313
10-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I have a tip for any ladies looking to do Marceline's outfit from Henchmen (the black dress, striped socks and purple shoes)!

If you don't have ridonkulously tiny feet like I do hit up Etsy or Ebay for her purple scalloped pumps! Seriously, I'm so jealous that I have to keep passing up perfect shoes or ones that just need a little paint because they're all 6.5 to probably 10.

I mean, look at these. Perfect!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/99502537/vintage-80s-royal-purple-pumpsheels?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_query=purple+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66847072/1980s-purple-party-pumps?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=purple+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107508166/30-off-store-sale-vintage-purple-shoes?ref=sr_gallery_27&ga_search_query=purple+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83155674/60s-mad-men-style-satin-purple-dyed?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=purple+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=vintage

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73113828/bright-purple-vintage-80s-heels?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=purple+shoes&ga_order=price_asc&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=vintage

HappyActress
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
I love Adventure Time <3 Because I'm younger, I'm thinking of cosplaying as either Finn (Not Fionna) or young Princess Bubblegum. Any tips?

Rcsi1
10-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I'd like to try making an Ice Queen costume at some point. Would anyone recommend a specific pattern for her dress?

flammingcorn
10-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi, guys. XD I've already posted a thread on this individually alongside a Homestuck question, but I figured asking about it on topic might help better...

Anyway, my little cousin has wanted to be Fionna for a while, and since Halloween is coming up as well as a con in December, she decided to finally go through with it. Well, I decided since I needed an easy costume, as well as a costume for the second day of the con, I'd be Marshall Lee and accompany her. I've got the shirt and shoes and a good wig. The pants should be easy enough, and I'll invest in some ears and fangs shortly. The thing I'm stuck on is skin. I've decided to go with the greenish skin color he's seen with in the actual cartoon. I heard that was from the lighting in the scene, but I seen it on some storyboard stuff too, so I figured it was more canon.

BUT I'M RAMBLING NOW. To get to the point, I wanna use my knowledge I gained from Homestuck cosplaying and use Ben Nye makeup. I figured to get the right color, I'd mix a green and a white. The only problem is picking out a green. I wanna purchase from this (http://www.stagemakeuponline.com/02-CL/Creme-Color-Liners-Ben-Nye.html) site, and those are all the available colors. I was thinking either gecko green or peacock blue. I wanna achieve this (http://flammingcorn.deviantart.com/art/Marshall-Lee-test-2-333123984) look, where I used cheap makeup as a substitute for the time being. What would you guys go for?

Lalnee
10-20-2012, 12:58 PM
So I will cosplay Finn for Halloween :3 And probably for upcoming cons too. The backpack is just brilliant, I cant come to school with only that. But I'm having a hard time finding the fabric here, so maybe I will go to another city to buy lots of fabric, because here, there's only one or so fabric stores. But I will start working on the hat tomorrow, I'll just have to modify a hat I bought today :3

flammingcorn
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Okay, so I tried using cheap Halloween makeup and acrylic paint as Ben Nye substitutes for my Marshall Lee skin...but both have failed. I'm running out of ideas! Would you view Marshall Lee as being the same gray as Homestuck trolls? Because I have plenty of that...what would you guys think?

Suzie Blue
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Devi1313- Ugh, I'm loving all the shoes! Too bad I have giant feetses. :/ lol

flammingcorn- I think your troll makeup would work fine! Marshall Lee is a bit greener, but you could try lightly dusting a green eyeshadow over your face to give it a green tint.

As for my Fionna cosplay, everything is just about finished! Everything is made, but a few things need final touches before I can really say it's complete. And I have to remake a couple things, but it's done enough for Halloween! Here's a crappy little pic of me in my wig and hat (which I will be redoing):
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/12673_531700476859393_1097708473_n.jpg

PsychoLove
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I just randomly decided to do princess bubblegum, and just whipped that mess out! The hair was kind of... uhm... lol

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3313554/

ayaasan
12-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Welp, since it's been awhile, I thought I'd post progress! I completely re-made my Ice Queen bodice, and geeze louise was this thing a monster to put together.
http://i49.tinypic.com/wclpvd.jpg
Now onto hammering in grommets and attaching sleeves and over-skirts!!~ :)

WantAGuava
01-01-2013, 06:16 PM
My secret and inner most wish is to one day cosplay Flame Prince/ Princess uvu

HareyuNanami
01-19-2013, 01:18 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556898_10152327672525623_180660346_n.jpg

I really want to make this Ice Princess Fionna cosplay.
I want it to be a huge dress like this. What pattern do you guys think I could use?
Also for the red jewel in the middle.

PSY-chan
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM
McCalls's 6701 view D might work. You'd have to add the sleeves and make the bottom hem jagged.

Suzie Blue
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Yesterday I got new fabric with which I will be remaking my Fionna shirt with; I made my original one with spandex (which is not the most cooperative fabric, especially when you're stuck with a crappy sewing machince) and used a not-so-great pattern (as in an old tshirt), so it didn't turn out the greatest. This time around I'll have better fabric and should have my Pfaff working again by the time I make it, so it should turn out nicer!

ayaasan- Your Ice Queen progress looks great!

HareyuNanami- Cute design! I think it's a floor length dress (it looks like a high front/low back dress, but I believe that's because she's holding the front up) with a long train in the back. Something like S1901 (http://www.simplicity.com/p-6743-misses-dresses.aspx) could work. To get the jagged edge, you can either cut the hem in the shape you want, then satin stitch over the edge to finish it, or draw out the desired shapes on the hem, then use a soldering tool to melt/burn the fabric which will seal the edge. That may not have made much sense, but Yaya Han used the method here (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151247066906608&set=a.10150657047906608.387280.232604901607&type=1&permPage=1) for her C.C. gown.

MagiFox
02-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm planning to make a Farmworld/IceQueen!Fionna later this year, and the only thing I'm struggling with is how to make her mechanical arm (which is pretty much similar to Farmworld!Finn) and actually make it possible to move my arm and the clamp/hand. (And also make it comfortable to wear around the con). I thought about using foam or cardboard, but I'm new to making large scale props.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121110001354/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/c/ce/S5_e1_laser_passing_through_Farmworld_Finn.PNG

Does any one have any tips on how to make it?

radioheart
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
I am currently in the process of making a Breakfast Princess cosplay, however, I am stuck with making the toast part of her dress. I don't want it too big, and preferably, I would like to make it out of felt and cushion.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can go about making it and attaching in the the dress I already have for the base?
Thanks!

ayaasan
02-13-2013, 06:36 PM
radioheart: I'd totally make the toast out of fuzzy stuffed fleece, and then just have some straps at the shoulders :) (kind of like a sandwich board sign (http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/3272996/2/stock-illustration-3272996-man-with-sandwich-board.jpg) :P) But with shorter straps in either clear or a color matching the bodice of the dress. I'd totally make the butter out of model magic, paint it up, and make it glossy with mod podge, then attach with E6000 :)

Annndd Ice Queen progress!!~

http://i48.tinypic.com/30jijbq.jpg

Everything is draped and ready to go, just need to get sewing! :D

Ayame Uchiha
02-13-2013, 10:32 PM
From what it looks like, Marshall Lee and Flame Princess are on my list of 'To-Do's' for Adventure time. I've been looking around for the body paint for Marshall and I'm a little leery about what color to get because of my skin color. I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, but well, I don't want brown popping up behind the body paint, haha. Which color do you think would compliment me as well as cover up my skin? I'm not super dark, think like milk chocolate xD

Miyabi-
02-15-2013, 08:32 PM
From what it looks like, Marshall Lee and Flame Princess are on my list of 'To-Do's' for Adventure time. I've been looking around for the body paint for Marshall and I'm a little leery about what color to get because of my skin color. I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, but well, I don't want brown popping up behind the body paint, haha. Which color do you think would compliment me as well as cover up my skin? I'm not super dark, think like milk chocolate xD

I talked to another Marshall cosplayer at Ohayo last year and he said he was naturally dark tan and that he used Ben Nye so maybe give that a try?

I like and use Paradise AQ myself and I'm super pale so they always look very dark on my skin tone (I always have to mix them with white to lighten the grey for my Marshall!) so those might work as well!

Ayame Uchiha
02-15-2013, 10:31 PM
I talked to another Marshall cosplayer at Ohayo last year and he said he was naturally dark tan and that he used Ben Nye so maybe give that a try?

I like and use Paradise AQ myself and I'm super pale so they always look very dark on my skin tone (I always have to mix them with white to lighten the grey for my Marshall!) so those might work as well!

Hehe, thank you so much! It would be the first cosplay that I'd actually need to paint myself a different color, lol. I've heard so much about Ben Nye, but not Paradise AQ. Where do you get it?

ayaasan
02-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a new, larger, 4-hoop-skirt and petticoat for Ice Queen--I now have an arsenal of petticoats and hoop-skirts :P. Even with the 3-hoop and two petticoats, it just wasn't "full" enough. I also want to make a bustle :)

jukebox
02-19-2013, 04:04 AM
I've folded and I want to make myself a Princess Bubblegum at some point to go with my boyfriend's Marshall Lee. We have a few other things to worry about first but I wanna go for it!

I have an old PlayStation 2 Guitar Hero guitar that I don't use and I'm probably going to build the Axe Bass on it. It's about the right size and shape.

I also want to make myself a Peppermint Butler purse to wear with my costume. Which should be interesting because I haven't the foggiest on how to make purses.

DoodlePanda
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
; u; It's finally happening. I can't avoid it any longer, I need to do an Adventure Time cosplay<3

So I'm going to do Prince Gumball.
Seeing as I am useless with a sewing machine I am in a bit of a pickle. I don't completely like how his outfit translates into a real costume, it looks awkward to me.

Do y'all think it'd be alright if I just did a different outfit, like... some form of formal wear? A button up shirt, vest, tie/bowtie slacks, etc etc... In Gumball's colors, of course. ;3

ayaasan
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Umm...Yeah...I just added Marshall Lee for an upcoming event XD (All of my Adventure Time cosplay is now from the Ice King's Fanfiction, lol)
I just finished styling the wig, and now I'm off to make the Axe Bass guitar. (It also gave me the excuse to buy some elf ears :P)
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nbai3n.jpg

pocky_penguin66
03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
So I'm putting together a Fionna cosplay and I'm curious which skirts do you think would be better for her?

Skirt A (http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Sz-8-H-M-skirt-pencil-straight-wiggle-blue-wide-waistband-stretch-H-M-/00/s/MTAyNFg4Mzk=/z/rUAAAMXQ~TtRJ5yB/$(KGrHqV,!lcFDyriJVW3BRJ5yBQW7Q~~60_57.JPG)
Skirt B (http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Womens-Lacoste-Royal-Blue-Knit-Pencil-Skirt-sz-8-40-NWT-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/dVUAAMXQ8OdRL59t/$(KGrHqJ,!h!FEJQ6Ut2sBRL59tWh!w~~60_3.JPG)

Thanks ^.^

oreburgh
03-03-2013, 12:12 PM
So I'm putting together a Fionna cosplay and I'm curious which skirts do you think would be better for her?

Skirt A (http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Sz-8-H-M-skirt-pencil-straight-wiggle-blue-wide-waistband-stretch-H-M-/00/s/MTAyNFg4Mzk=/z/rUAAAMXQ~TtRJ5yB/$(KGrHqV,!lcFDyriJVW3BRJ5yBQW7Q~~60_57.JPG)
Skirt B (http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Womens-Lacoste-Royal-Blue-Knit-Pencil-Skirt-sz-8-40-NWT-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/dVUAAMXQ8OdRL59t/$(KGrHqJ,!h!FEJQ6Ut2sBRL59tWh!w~~60_3.JPG)

Thanks ^.^

Skirt B looks more like the color c:

pocky_penguin66
03-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Skirt B looks more like the color c:

Thanks ^.^

Miyabi-
03-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Hehe, thank you so much! It would be the first cosplay that I'd actually need to paint myself a different color, lol. I've heard so much about Ben Nye, but not Paradise AQ. Where do you get it?

It's by Mehron so you can buy it on their website or on ebay. (it's much more reasonably priced on ebay..mehron's shipping is expensive.)

Allyieh
03-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I feel a little bad that I can't be arsed to read through 14 pages, but not much xp

Anyways, I'm getting a Marshall Lee crossplay together for June, and my friend is going to be Fionna opposite me c:

ayaasan
03-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Hello!~ Just curious to see if anyone is attending Wondercon this year? I'll be wearing Marshall Lee Friday afternoon along with a Marceline (almost done with my Axe Bass!!~), Ice Queen Saturday morning/early afternoon, and Fionna Saturday night. :D

EDIT: Axe Bass is done!
http://i47.tinypic.com/3498bdl.jpg

And a heads up for Fionna cosplayers! I was out shopping yesterday and look at what Penny's carries! (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/socks-hosiery-tights/2-pack-tube-socks/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002350321&searchTerm=tube+socks&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults) I bought a pair, and they easily stretch to the thigh-high length :)

zeochan
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I am considering cosplaying somebody from Adventure Time, probably Flame Princess, Marceline or Marshall Lee, but not right now. I'm probably just going to make Finn's hat to wear to meets or other cosplay events during the winter since i'm itching to make it XD

Wobniar
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
The only Adventure Time costumes I have at the moment are Jake the Dog and Gut Grinder. Both of them need fixing though, because their ears fells off ^^' I'm going to be having a photoshoot soon so hopefully I can get some good pictures of them because all I have at the moment are random ones from conventions, haha.
In the future, I plan to cosplay as Lemongrab so that should be fun

ayaasan
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Offically DONE with Ice Queen and Marshall, and they're ready to debut at Wondercon next week :D

And whelp...after some suggestions, I'm now working on Prince Gumball for a later event. Just finished the wig, and I find it hilarious that I can now photoshop an entire scene from Fionna and Cake together with myself as every main character :P

http://i50.tinypic.com/a1l7gg.jpg

Allyieh
03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
*A* that wig!

I'm thinking about backordering the Hansel in black from Arda for Marshall Lee. Opinions?
http://arda-wigs.com/products/hansel

ToroSonyCat
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow, I just stepped into this thread and that amazing Axe Bass and Gumball wig *__* You guys sure are talented.

I came to ask a question, I'm currently working on Princess Bubblegum but I'm pretty stumped on if I should make the stylistic choice to make the crown yellow or gold. Yellow seems to be what most people go with and gives a more canon look but gold is a little more 'realistic' and I've seen some super lovely gold ones before. I was originally leaning towards gold but now I'm leaning to yellow and I'm not sure... what do you guys think looks best? Canon or realistic?

oreburgh
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Personally, since Adventure Time is such an animated cartoon, I would stick with canon just because the animations are part of what makes it Adventure Time (this all sounded really repetitive, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.. sorry ^_^")

Suzie Blue
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
ToroSonyCat- I would go with a yellow-gold, myself. IchigoKitty uses this amazing gold paint in her cosplays (which is bright and yellow, but still metallic and realistic) called "Lumiere" by Jacquard in the color Bright Gold. Here is an example (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/542741_10152233596000024_1605207482_n.jpg), as well as the jar of paint itself.

vdaysnowstorm
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I just cosplayed as Princess Bubblegum at Zenkaikon this year and now canít wait to wear it again.
It's such a good show!

ayaasan
04-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Just got back from Wondercon as Ice Queen!
http://i48.tinypic.com/152dsgp.jpg
I had a blast, and I definitely will be wearing her again. I also want to play around with even more makeup techniques :3

ToroSonyCat
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
ToroSonyCat- I would go with a yellow-gold, myself. IchigoKitty uses this amazing gold paint in her cosplays (which is bright and yellow, but still metallic and realistic) called "Lumiere" by Jacquard in the color Bright Gold. Here is an example (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/542741_10152233596000024_1605207482_n.jpg), as well as the jar of paint itself.

Thank you! Wow, that colour is soo nice and a really nice compromise between the two colours.

TechnoxXxDeath
04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Sooooo finally caved in, and after much watching and reading of Adventure Time, I'm gonna aim to get Flame Prince done for AWA this year. (Especially since my friend is doing Fionna and wants to have her Flame Prince there xDD )

Though I think I'm gonna go for a red orange color instead of the pink I keep seeing for the detail of the stripe bit things >.<

abcbadcat
04-19-2013, 07:31 PM
I am planning on being Marshall Lee for Fanimecon 2013 and had a question for the more experienced than I:

1) Where can I find pink foam? I see a lot of people using it for weapons and armor but where would I get it? Do they sell it at hardware stores or craft stores?

2) Where can I get the green colored skin paint? I saw some cosplayers here with really nice blue ice king / queen skin pain but if I wanted a green for Marshall, where can I order it?

Thanks in advance guys!

Sidonie
04-21-2013, 10:36 AM
^ I recently ordered some Kryolan face paints off amazon; they have a wide variety of colors. The seller was "Clown Antics LLC" and even though I paid for standard 3-5 day shipping it arrived in 2! This is my first time using body paints and they're working fine I guess (still trying to figure out the right blend of white and bright pink to get the PB color I want) but I'm sure others with more experience can weigh in on the best brands for Marshall-y green. I think one of the animators said he only looked green in "Fionna and Cake" because of the lighting in the ballroom, whereas in "Bad Little Boy" he looks more beigey gray...But it's def up to your preference! Lots of cosplayers don't make the effort to match their skin color at all.

Is anyone going to C2E2 in Chicago next weekend? If so we should all meet up! =) I'm going on Saturday as post-breakup Little Princess Bubblegum (5.05 "All the Little People"). It's such a pared-down costume/not to mention a generally n00bular effort on my part, but it'd be awesome to hang with other more fabulous citizens of Oo for a bit!

ToroSonyCat
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I finished with my Princess Bubblegum cosplay so I thought I'd share it with you guys since you helped me with some stuff <3 http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237430/

AaronIsGreat
04-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Hey guys, this is my Marshall Lee that I threw together for GC Supanova this year. It was pretty rushed but I'll hopefully have it better by Brisbane Supanova. I'm planning red contacts, latex ears and modding my broken acoustic into his axe.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/454116/

pocky_penguin66
04-29-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/454379/

I debuted my first Adventure Time cosplay @ C2E2 on Sunday :)

Zombie Fionna. I thought I would mix two of my favorite things together: Zombies and AT! ♥ I had so much fun!

abcbadcat
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, this is my Marshall Lee that I threw together for GC Supanova this year. It was pretty rushed but I'll hopefully have it better by Brisbane Supanova. I'm planning red contacts, latex ears and modding my broken acoustic into his axe.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/454116/

Looks real good

Where did you make / get the skin paint at?

kawaiiclampfan
07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I've finally got around to uploading photos of my Scientist Bubblegum cosplay so thought I'd share! <3

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/459037/

emm_gee
07-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I freaking love adventure time. I got all my friends hooked
greatest cartoon I've seen in a long time (:

i'm dying to do an adventure time cosplay. I can't decide who, but I don't want to do one of the main characters cause I wanna do something creative with it. i'm thinking either genderbent peppermint butler/maid, wildberry princess or cotton candy princess

StrawberrySiren
07-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Wildberry Princess would be so adorable! I love Wildberry Princess. I'm so tempted to do a Breakfast Princess cosplay because breakfast is the best meal of the day.

Royalbakaness
07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I've finally got around to uploading photos of my Scientist Bubblegum cosplay so thought I'd share! <3

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/459037/

Aww, I love it! Especially you Science plushie!
I'm kind of toying with the idea of doing a Fionna cosplay. I wanna do her ballgown after she rips it to fight the Ice Queen. Who knows when that will happen, though...

ne0ven0m
07-12-2013, 01:49 AM
I did a version of Finn where he's in the red pajamas for a small convention in North Carolina a while back. I plan on wearing it again at Dragon*Con this year too:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252422_809260583584_1708488403_n.jpg

pocky_penguin66
08-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Added more pics of my zombie Fionna :)

StarsCASSiOPEiA
08-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Hello everyone!

This is my first time in this thread, so I guess I should do a little intro? I'm Cass, and I've been cosplaying for years, and I have a slight obsession with ballgown cosplays and lots of pretty colours. Of course, this means that Lady Rainicorn is a natural choice, and I'm hoping to do that in 2014!

Nice to meet you all. :)

ayaasan
08-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm onto my next Adventure Time project, yay! Just finished the first sleeve puff--my first time with sleeve slashing, and I'm pretty proud of the outcome :3
http://i44.tinypic.com/2d97fx0.jpg
Can't wait to finish Gumball :)

Rangiku12
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Making my First Adventure Time cosplays. I am cosplaying Fionna while my sister will be Cake. Doing a more Fluff Friendly version of them too. Going to make the Crystal sword out of plastic pieces from old containers so that it will have that see threw look.

Citrakite
08-15-2013, 07:50 PM
I am planning on being Marshall Lee for Fanimecon 2013 and had a question for the more experienced than I:

1) Where can I find pink foam? I see a lot of people using it for weapons and armor but where would I get it? Do they sell it at hardware stores or craft stores?

Thanks in advance guys!
It's at most home improvement places so Lowes, Ace, Home depot,

I finished with my Princess Bubblegum cosplay so I thought I'd share it with you guys since you helped me with some stuff <3 http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/237430/
Algebraic!

That's for all of you too. Sweet work.

tunayo
08-17-2013, 08:09 PM
hello everyone!! I've been out of the cosplay world for a few years now due to awkward teenageness/impoverished young adulthood and I'm currently preparing a princess bubblegum costume as my comeback!
I'll be sporting her look from "the suitor" episode - minus the hair, because I couldn't resist a long, flowing, pink wig. debuting for halloween, but hopefully making an appearance at some cons this fall/spring!

I'm really excited to get back into the hobby, and was hoping to make some friends along the way :3c

Rangiku12
08-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Anyone know of where to find a Fionna hat for larger heads?

Mae Bliss
08-22-2013, 04:44 AM
I really want to do a Breakfast Princess costume. I decided this the second I saw her, don't know why. Has anyone ever seen this done?

plaidskoogrl
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I also have a breakfast princess question for anyone that has done her or is attempting to do her costume. I'm a total newb at sewing so sorry if this is a dumb question! I bought poly foam to use for both the skirt and the top of the costume but I'm having issues of what to attach to get the skirt and the top on and off? Will a zipper work okay or will it look funny because the foam has depth to it?

ichigo_m.
09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
My boyfriend said that if I cosplayed PB he'd be Finn with me, and I'll take any chance I can get to have him cosplay with me xD
So now I'm trying to decide which Pb outfit to do. I want something pretty and a little more complicated.
I'm thinking either her blue scalloped dress, a large hooped version of her daily dress, or this (http://lelia.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Bubblegum-347229391) fan art.
Do you guys know any other cool fanarts of Pb that could work with default finn?

retronano
09-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum so I thought I would post up my current project. Hopefully this is the right place to be posting this lol.

(Marshall Lee's Axe Guitar/Bass)

I've been working on it for about 2 weeks due to work and school keeping me busy. It is almost complete, the only thing left is to buy the guitar strings and then I can finally start screwing in the knobs & other small parts.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/rka7n4.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/k418n.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/1z38m0n.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/122djzb.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. :)

psychoticbiotic
10-05-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm putting together Fionna for a con I'm going to in two weeks and after that I might do a humanized version of LSP since I actually have time to work on it.

@retronano That looks really good so far!

ayaasan
10-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Other than waiting on my wig commission, Prince Gumball is officially complete! :3

http://i42.tinypic.com/mkz0j4.jpg

PrincessCadenza
12-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I've cosplayed two different Princess Bubblegum outfits and have a Cake the Cat costume I haven't debuted. Planning a Lady Rainicorn as well.

Rangiku12
12-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Going to a con in less two weeks and going as Fionna with a Marshall Lee.

ardhri
01-17-2014, 10:07 AM
I hope to start sewing my Princess Bubblegum dress today, I just need to get my butt off the couch!

I'm flip-flopping on her wig, though... I've seen a few people in threads recommend a hot pink colour but I'm not sure I like that... I'm leaning more towards the baby pink from arda, or a wig from the Five Wits. What wigs did any PB cosplayers on here use?

MaiCosplay
02-06-2014, 07:52 PM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/122djzb.jpg
It's so cool and clean. Nice Job. :)

Is anybody cosplaying Finn & Jake.

I'll be posting updates of finn soon.

cakestina
02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
I've gone as Fionna and Marceline over the past 2 years, with my boyfriend going as Finn during all of those times. I'm sort of growing out of the Fionna outfit and considering retiring it, especially since the hat and backpack I made are starting to look more and more goofy compared to the hats that are available to buy now. >.<

I don't really have any plans for any more AT costumes, but it's fun to bond with folks who dress up as AT characters too! I might consider others as the show rolls on.

MaiCosplay
02-08-2014, 12:23 AM
I have an idea on what I'm gonna do for the top and pants. Oo im excited. <3
Almost done with the hat. <3

TitanSlayer000
02-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I was Marceline at Buffalo Comic Con, and there were 2 others there. I felt sort of unoriginal :walkoff:

cakestina
02-09-2014, 02:23 PM
I was Marceline at Buffalo Comic Con, and there were 2 others there. I felt sort of unoriginal :walkoff:

I feel like it's very very difficult to feel original in most AT costumes, unless you do a cross fandom costume. I saw a LoZ inspired Adventure Time costume duo at SDCC and they were fantastic.

MaiCosplay
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I was Marceline at Buffalo Comic Con, and there were 2 others there. I felt sort of unoriginal
Put on make-up and be a Kiss version of Marceline.

xooxu
06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
I plan on doing a female Braco and then a Huntress Wizard after I complete my Fionna (which is just about done).

Gillneas97
06-11-2014, 07:52 AM
Anyone here cosplaying AT and attending Wizard World in Chicago this year? I'm going as Marshall Lee and would flippin love to do a group cosplay just to get some pics. Or maybe even enter the cosplay contest! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

SmartGem
06-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I'll be cosplaying Marceline and my friend is going as Princess Bubblegun for Seoul Comic World next month!
Unfortunately, it's in Korea ^^;;

Derp. I attached a WIP of my bass haha
I still have to add on the strap, but it's pretty much finished for the most part.
I'd love some critique!!

NeQuittezPas
07-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I was Marceline a few months ago at Awesome Con DC :)

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3504078/

Suzie Blue
07-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Hey, guys! Just letting you all know that I am selling my Fionna hat and backpack on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMoonside?ref=hdr)! As well as a few other cosplay items (including 2 Arda Wigs!)

I don't use my Fionna cosplay anymore, so I'm hoping her accessories will go to a good home! :)