PDA

View Full Version : weight training progress

distantarray
08-02-2010, 11:52 PM
It's been nice lately because I finally found gym buddies that can outlift me and goes regularly, so I finally have reliable spotters and people to workout with. Since in the past I never felt comfortable with pushing myself to my limit.

Started with decline bench today 135 x 15 , 225 x 8 and 275 x 4 pretty estatic about the results I should be able to push atleast 300x 1 soon enough.

I also did Incline dumbbell press at 45 degree angle with 50 x12 60x 12 and 65 x 11 directly after declines, I should be able to go upto 75's if I start fresh. I'll try to start with those next time. Unfortunately 75's are a high as the dumbbells go at my gym =(

Supplements I take, pre-workout stuff for extra energy, and whey protein with milk, creatine malate (green bulge) controlled labs.

I think I should post I weight 158 atm

SamuriSmurfX
08-03-2010, 01:03 AM
My new favorite combination supplement wise. Gatorade G series (with the protein) and Gaspri;s Size-On. Great!!! In training drink.

Your decline's great too, I think the most I've ever done with that is 110 but i've never had spotters to help push me. Whats your BF % at? 158 is a lil surprising, I figured you looked like a naturally bigger guy. Height and bone structure wise anyway.

I, due to a recent life crisis, have switched cities and gyms. The gym i'm at now, the equipment isn't nearly as good - and the gym itself could have actually fit in the mens bathroom of the gym in chicago. (gives you an idea of how drastic the change, ay?) But I'm seeing some gains in what I'm pushing in nearly every move. Partly, I think it's because i've moved my cardio to the end of the workouts?

distantarray
08-03-2010, 01:45 AM
My new favorite combination supplement wise. Gatorade G series (with the protein) and Gaspri;s Size-On. Great!!! In training drink.

Your decline's great too, I think the most I've ever done with that is 110 but i've never had spotters to help push me. Whats your BF % at? 158 is a lil surprising, I figured you looked like a naturally bigger guy. Height and bone structure wise anyway.

I, due to a recent life crisis, have switched cities and gyms. The gym i'm at now, the equipment isn't nearly as good - and the gym itself could have actually fit in the mens bathroom of the gym in chicago. (gives you an idea of how drastic the change, ay?) But I'm seeing some gains in what I'm pushing in nearly every move. Partly, I think it's because i've moved my cardio to the end of the workouts?

I only do the G series protein when I don't have a choice it tastes so fken terrible, like old sprite left in the car for a few days with terrible metal after taste.

my body fat is around 9-11% bounces back and forth a little. I'm only 5'6 kinda short, so 158 isn't that big, but I think I'm pretty strong for my height weight. Naturally in highschool first time I was lifting weights I was 140 and I was repping 135 12x first time ever benching. but then shorter limbs = less distance to travel and makes it easier. My workout partner is 190 pounds 6'3, he was 120 pounds less than 2 years ago, and he's probably around 7% body fat. Shows you how much he's gained, but then he was taking pro hormones for a while (3 at a time)

Giant Alucard
08-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Sadly I never used to work out normally til a 3 years ago, and even then I stuck away from the gym doing instead Body weight and crossfit styled stuff I learned in the army. I'm shredding down in the last 30 days til dragoncon (where hopefully I'll have dropped about 15 lbs of body fat putting me below 10% somewhere, then I'll be able to dry out and it would actually be worth the stress).

After dragoncon I'll go back to bulking up again Cause I like being bigger due to my height. I'm sitting some where between 230-235 now, and I'm hoping during this bulking phase I can maintaining a low-ish bodyfat %. I also have to work on upping my upper body strength as well, since my legs are fine where the are (although I wanna see how my higher I can go, since I'm sitting at about 600 lbs on the leg press).

Kasinator
08-03-2010, 07:37 AM
for me I am benching only around 130-145 range. So I think I'm the lightest lifter here. of course I still have no idea how much to count for the bar itself or if i should even count that. But I'll get to 200 make no mistake about that. I just want to have good form when I get there. But I am able to brag That I have the lowest bodyfat percentage here And I do not do any cardio other than lawn mowing and riding my bike to the gym. My BF level is 6.8% (I checked yesterday) I weigh about 155-6 lbs.

My workout is in my signature. I do my ab workout every other cay starting monday but not on sunday so three times a week. I do six sets of 25 rep twisting incline sit-ups super-seted with 25 rep incline leg ups ( Feet never touch the ground ) totaling 300 reps. simple yet very effective.

I've only done this workout for two months, but I've already gained one pound in muscle. After this week I plan to change routines for another month and from there switch back.

distantarray
08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
for me I am benching only around 130-145 range. So I think I'm the lightest lifter here. of course I still have no idea how much to count for the bar itself or if i should even count that. But I'll get to 200 make no mistake about that. I just want to have good form when I get there. But I am able to brag That I have the lowest bodyfat percentage here And I do not do any cardio other than lawn mowing and riding my bike to the gym. My BF level is 6.8% (I checked yesterday) I weigh about 155-6 lbs.

My workout is in my signature. I do my ab workout every other cay starting monday but not on sunday so three times a week. I do six sets of 25 rep twisting incline sit-ups super-seted with 25 rep incline leg ups ( Feet never touch the ground ) totaling 300 reps. simple yet very effective.

I've only done this workout for two months, but I've already gained one pound in muscle. After this week I plan to change routines for another month and from there switch back.

standard bar at a gym is typically about 45 pounds, and yes you addd that =P

although there are some bars at home gyms which are much lighter than that, but take a picture of the bar and we can have a pretty good guess if you need to how much it should weight if it's not the standard heavy duty types. (starts bending @315 lbs)

but it's hard to try to find your max I usually never do it cause I don't feel the need for it, but then I just got lazy cause my friend was doing it, and I didn't wanna rerack etc lol.

SamuriSmurfX
08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Huh!? Really? 45 lbs? I never knew that - I always figured it around 15 or so. In an awkward way, I liked knowing that - cause now I know I've been lifting more than I thought i could lol.

distantarray
08-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Huh!? Really? 45 lbs? I never knew that - I always figured it around 15 or so. In an awkward way, I liked knowing that - cause now I know I've been lifting more than I thought i could lol.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11498678

that's a standard bar, and it even says standard olympic size bar 45 pound =p

bar + 45 on each side = 135

SamuriSmurfX
08-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Yup, thats the bar. I'm that much more awesome now *flexing*

Feel free to facepalm.

distantarray
08-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Yup, thats the bar. I'm that much more awesome now *flexing*

Feel free to facepalm. dunno about face palm but i did kinda raise my eyebrow in disbelief.... no one ever told you or you never asked? o_O

SamuriSmurfX
08-10-2010, 03:37 AM
I never asked and I was told 15 lbs some 10 years ago?

Kasinator
08-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I broke my bench record today at 150lbs. I just got up this morning and I am not quite sore yet. Perhaps its time I changed my routine. I've been doing the same one for two months, and progress has been significant.

Kasinator
08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
I thought I would post again. I've decided starting next week to take up HIT training and see what it yields in results. If anybody finds an all cable/machine workout ( for the sake of good form ) let me know. until then I'm googleing like crazy (that just sounds so weird T.T) .

kmorch 215
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
5'6, 158 lbs and your benching 275? Holy hell that's impressive man.

I'm about 5'5 1/2, 145 lbs, and the most I can go is 225 x 6 with spot. It actually gives me a bit of motivation that I may be able to go up higher, however, I don't take any type of pre-workout drinks. I usually take a muscle milk after workouts, but that's about it.

distantarray
08-11-2010, 08:52 AM
5'6, 158 lbs and your benching 275? Holy hell that's impressive man.

I'm about 5'5 1/2, 145 lbs, and the most I can go is 225 x 6 with spot. It actually gives me a bit of motivation that I may be able to go up higher, however, I don't take any type of pre-workout drinks. I usually take a muscle milk after workouts, but that's about it.

preworkouts are just like drinking a couple redbulls imo nothing too crazy, gets you pumped up a bit and a placebo effect but doesn't help as much as people would want you to believe.

Although creatine helped a lot for me. I weighed 150, and I gained 8 pounds in a week, and topped out at 10 pounds after about 10 days. A pound a day just about lol, but controlled labs makes great products for a great price. I used green bulge mainly cause of b12 vitamins but green magnitude is just as good. Controlled labs has their own form of creatine patented called creatine malate which works wonders for me. It doesn't get me bloated like monohydrate. I'm sad to see my last dose yesterday, but I guess I'll see what I really weigh in about a week =)

I should get more cut and toned looking so it'll be fun to see.

I also started doing machine flies with the whole stack of weights which is 220, and started doing sets of inclines with 75 pound dumbbell, I do calves on the leg press machine with the stack of 400, and squats with 225 now.

On tricep cable pull over, where I pull over the head and facing away from the pulley i started doing it with my body weight at 160 lbs, but then in all fairness it sounds fken great but I do think the weights at the gym are mis labeled a bit sometimes. Like just to be dumb I tried hanging off a 200 pound pulley but i was able to lift 200 pounds with my body weight which doesn't seem to compute. I started doing dumbbell rows with 75 pound as well, I just wish they had something heavier at my gym =\

kmorch 215
08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Well they say machines are designed so you can push more without a spotter. Either that or you're stronger than you think lol. But from my experience I can push 225 lbs on an incline machine but when I use the incline bench with an Olympic bar I think I max out around 185 lbs.

Legs are my biggest weakness so far, the calves machine I max around 320 lbs whereas my quads and hamstrings are really weak lol(I think I can only squad 135 lbs?). Not a big fan of squats so I try my best to incorporate leg workouts within my other workouts.

For triceps, I prefer free weight(skullcrushers, dips, etc.). When I try to do overhead tricep pulls my angle is always off and I become off balanced and it pulls me up lol.

The gym I go to(Bally's) dumbell max around 100 lbs if I can remember correctly. A Local gym closer to my home which I use to go to maxes around 125 lbs.

distantarray
08-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Well they say machines are designed so you can push more without a spotter. Either that or you're stronger than you think lol. But from my experience I can push 225 lbs on an incline machine but when I use the incline bench with an Olympic bar I think I max out around 185 lbs.

Legs are my biggest weakness so far, the calves machine I max around 320 lbs whereas my quads and hamstrings are really weak lol(I think I can only squad 135 lbs?). Not a big fan of squats so I try my best to incorporate leg workouts within my other workouts.

For triceps, I prefer free weight(skullcrushers, dips, etc.). When I try to do overhead tricep pulls my angle is always off and I become off balanced and it pulls me up lol.

The gym I go to(Bally's) dumbell max around 100 lbs if I can remember correctly. A Local gym closer to my home which I use to go to maxes around 125 lbs.

I'm starting to prefer cables for just about everything but chest workouts, mainly because the resistance is more even through the entire workout, where dumbbells and weights can change angles and the angles can change the amount of resistance, like curling a dumbbell will have the most weight when it's straight out, and at the first 45 degrees and the last 45 effects of gravity plays less of a role. If that makes sense XD

Although there's nothing more satisfying than picking up a pair of huge dumbbells imo =)

I think since we're close to similiar height my extra weight is probably in my legs, I did gain about 10 pounds from creatine which I'm off of now so we'll see my true weight in a week or so, but my thighs are huge naturally 22 inch thighs and 28 inch waist so they're pretty nice and fat, I also have shorter legs than most people my height =\ bigger upper body so the distance traveled is less.

I think all the martial arts primarily tae kwon do and capoeira played a huge role in my calves, I workout my calves with 400 pounds which is the entire stack and I can do 20-30 reps, then I end up doing it with a friend pushing on the leg press machine so I can get more resistance XD

I can do 5 squats with 225 but it's pretty rough, but then that was my 3rd set as well kept going up on weights. I wish I wish they had 200 pound dumbbells like they do in Ronnie Coleman's gym mainly for the idiots who think doing 75 pounds is godly. mainly cause it's the biggest thing in our gym. =\

I personally don't like skull crushers workout much with the curl bar, mainly prefer to do them with cables and overhead facing away from the pulley it gets the exact same motion but a lot safer and more even resistance that i love.

kmorch 215
08-12-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm starting to prefer cables for just about everything but chest workouts, mainly because the resistance is more even through the entire workout, where dumbbells and weights can change angles and the angles can change the amount of resistance, like curling a dumbbell will have the most weight when it's straight out, and at the first 45 degrees and the last 45 effects of gravity plays less of a role. If that makes sense XD

Although there's nothing more satisfying than picking up a pair of huge dumbbells imo =)

I think since we're close to similiar height my extra weight is probably in my legs, I did gain about 10 pounds from creatine which I'm off of now so we'll see my true weight in a week or so, but my thighs are huge naturally 22 inch thighs and 28 inch waist so they're pretty nice and fat, I also have shorter legs than most people my height =\ bigger upper body so the distance traveled is less.

I think all the martial arts primarily tae kwon do and capoeira played a huge role in my calves, I workout my calves with 400 pounds which is the entire stack and I can do 20-30 reps, then I end up doing it with a friend pushing on the leg press machine so I can get more resistance XD

I can do 5 squats with 225 but it's pretty rough, but then that was my 3rd set as well kept going up on weights. I wish I wish they had 200 pound dumbbells like they do in Ronnie Coleman's gym mainly for the idiots who think doing 75 pounds is godly. mainly cause it's the biggest thing in our gym. =\

I personally don't like skull crushers workout much with the curl bar, mainly prefer to do them with cables and overhead facing away from the pulley it gets the exact same motion but a lot safer and more even resistance that i love.

I hear ya, I think I use cable for about 75% of my workouts now. I love doing flies on them because I do 3 different angles and yeah, it's much safer than if I were to do them with dumbbells. A few years back my arms gave out once when I was doing decline dumbbell presses with 85's and dumbbell missed landing on my face a few inches. Hurray for no spotters lol.

I think my legs are also what separates me from most of the other gym members lol. If you look around the gym, most built people have chicken legs(as I like to call it). My legs probably are not entirely huge as yours, but I try to stay proportionate with my body. I also practice kick boxing for self defense so I know training legs are vital as well.

I was gonna ask what your workout schedule looks like Mon-Sunday, but I think i'll start a thread on it later today when I have some free time.

Rjr3412
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
@kmorch - If you want to make real progress with legs, it takes a lot of work, and you can't really skip squats. Flat out, they are important. They are one of the biggest muscle groups, and done properly result in the largest release of hormones post workout.

I personally am a fan of "pyramid"s and high reps for squats. Basically start off with an empty bar, and do about 10-12 reps, just to stretch out, making sure your thighs are parellel or past parellel with the ground. This is the time to make sure your form is good, keeping your back arched, and moving nice and smoothly through the whole movement. Do not turn or twist at any point ever, while doing squats. Trust me, its bad.

From there you bump up the weight in whatever increments work for you, with each set. Doing a set of 12 (the start) then 10, then 8, then 6, then 4 (these should be tough, and preferably with a spotter).

Then you come back down and crank up the reps, from 4, to 8, to 12, to 16, to 20 and another 20.

That same weight you started with at 10 reps will feel really light when you come back to it for 20, its a cool feeling. Just remember, don't rush the weight increases, increasing the top weight by 5-10 pounds is more than enough, and you'll cap out pretty quick.

On a side note: 20 rep squat sets are NOT for beginners. These are the reasons they have giant trash cans around power lifting gyms, so they have something to puke in after they finish their sets, lol. But it feels good man.

As far as some nifty tricks for safety, I know two different things which can help. One, especially when you don't have a spotter, is to take a workout bench and put it right behind you so that at the bottom of your squat you are almost touching it. This should only be done towards your top weights though as it will limit the angle which you can bend down to.

The other useful trick, which I personally like, is to get two 10 pound plates, and place them so that your heels are on them, and the rest of your feet are on the ground. This gives you a bit of an arch, increasing a bit how much the calves take, but can greatly increase your sense of security against falling backwards.

@Distant - For calves, I don't know if you've ever tried it, but I came across one simple routine for calves a while back which you might like to try. Find a seated calf raise machine, toss a couple plates on it so that doing about 20-25 reps will be a bit of a push. Then proceed to do 75-100 reps. Every time it starts to really burn, take about 5-10 seconds rest and then continue. If you feel up to it, do a second set. Done right, you will most definitely feel it, and probably need a minute before you can walk normally.
Also jump roping can be excellent for making the calves really show some definition.

Remember, calves and legs are something you are built to walk on all day. They are used to high reps, and for practical purposes thats what they should be trained for. So don't be afraid of bumping up the reps on these, as long as you still push yourself.

distantarray
08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
@kmorch - If you want to make real progress with legs, it takes a lot of work, and you can't really skip squats. Flat out, they are important. They are one of the biggest muscle groups, and done properly result in the largest release of hormones post workout.

I personally am a fan of "pyramid"s and high reps for squats. Basically start off with an empty bar, and do about 10-12 reps, just to stretch out, making sure your thighs are parellel or past parellel with the ground. This is the time to make sure your form is good, keeping your back arched, and moving nice and smoothly through the whole movement. Do not turn or twist at any point ever, while doing squats. Trust me, its bad.

From there you bump up the weight in whatever increments work for you, with each set. Doing a set of 12 (the start) then 10, then 8, then 6, then 4 (these should be tough, and preferably with a spotter).

Then you come back down and crank up the reps, from 4, to 8, to 12, to 16, to 20 and another 20.

That same weight you started with at 10 reps will feel really light when you come back to it for 20, its a cool feeling. Just remember, don't rush the weight increases, increasing the top weight by 5-10 pounds is more than enough, and you'll cap out pretty quick.

On a side note: 20 rep squat sets are NOT for beginners. These are the reasons they have giant trash cans around power lifting gyms, so they have something to puke in after they finish their sets, lol. But it feels good man.

As far as some nifty tricks for safety, I know two different things which can help. One, especially when you don't have a spotter, is to take a workout bench and put it right behind you so that at the bottom of your squat you are almost touching it. This should only be done towards your top weights though as it will limit the angle which you can bend down to.

The other useful trick, which I personally like, is to get two 10 pound plates, and place them so that your heels are on them, and the rest of your feet are on the ground. This gives you a bit of an arch, increasing a bit how much the calves take, but can greatly increase your sense of security against falling backwards.

@Distant - For calves, I don't know if you've ever tried it, but I came across one simple routine for calves a while back which you might like to try. Find a seated calf raise machine, toss a couple plates on it so that doing about 20-25 reps will be a bit of a push. Then proceed to do 75-100 reps. Every time it starts to really burn, take about 5-10 seconds rest and then continue. If you feel up to it, do a second set. Done right, you will most definitely feel it, and probably need a minute before you can walk normally.
Also jump roping can be excellent for making the calves really show some definition.

Remember, calves and legs are something you are built to walk on all day. They are used to high reps, and for practical purposes thats what they should be trained for. So don't be afraid of bumping up the reps on these, as long as you still push yourself.
good advices but i'm not really worried bout high reps with my calves XD not like I'm building them to run or anything, I don't do ANY form of cardio other than hiit training, people get the runnners high I get the runners cry i hate running every second of it is like trying to pry off my own finger nails lol.besides when I take pre-workout supplements running and doing cardio will kill me, since the nitric oxide blows up my muscles so tight I can barely walk after a few minutes of cardio. It literally is painful.:drunk:

kmorch 215
08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
@Rjr3412- Oh yeah, I totally agree with you, I do squats, I'm just not as harsh on the weights as I am with my other body parts. 30 Minute Cardio, Squats, Lunges, Calf raises are all lined up for my Friday Workout schedule. Thanks for the advice though, I'll be sure to give your workout a try!

therob127
08-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, It's good to see others who are into weight training. Even though I'm not a beginner at it, I'm definitely not an expert. I'm even newer to cosplaying (since I only have planned cosplay and haven't really done anything) lol. I'm on the 5th week of this workout http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-week-daily-bulking-trainer.htm?welcome=true. I've been getting some decent results from it, except I haven't been doing the legs. I know they are important to do, but I guess I've just been slacking a little. I plan on doing the legs for the second half of the program.

@distantarray - it's crazy how much you can bench lol. This week I've done 175x3,180x2,185x2. I can't remember what I did before that but it puts my 1RM at 190. My barbell shrugs were great though, 265x4 for the sixth set.

I take a pre and post workout stack from VPX Sports with NO-Shotgun and NO-Synthesize (respectively). Great pumps and energy from them. Of course I also take protein shakes in between meals (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex).

I'm 5'10"-5'11" about 166lbs btw. I hope to reach 180 by the end of the year.

Keep up the hard work guys.

distantarray
08-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Hey guys, It's good to see others who are into weight training. Even though I'm not a beginner at it, I'm definitely not an expert. I'm even newer to cosplaying (since I only have planned cosplay and haven't really done anything) lol. I'm on the 5th week of this workout http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/12-week-daily-bulking-trainer.htm?welcome=true. I've been getting some decent results from it, except I haven't been doing the legs. I know they are important to do, but I guess I've just been slacking a little. I plan on doing the legs for the second half of the program.

@distantarray - it's crazy how much you can bench lol. This week I've done 175x3,180x2,185x2. I can't remember what I did before that but it puts my 1RM at 190. My barbell shrugs were great though, 265x4 for the sixth set.

I take a pre and post workout stack from VPX Sports with NO-Shotgun and NO-Synthesize (respectively). Great pumps and energy from them. Of course I also take protein shakes in between meals (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex).

I'm 5'10"-5'11" about 166lbs btw. I hope to reach 180 by the end of the year.

Keep up the hard work guys.

the numbers are good but remember for declines we're using a smith machine for safety (bars on rails) mainly cause spotting for decline gets incredibly hard and seems the most dangerous. Friends want to see if they can do 315 today -_- 3x 45 each side.

I'm also a lot shorter so my limbs travel a shorter distance than you XD, it's like people with only stubs as their arms have world records for flies cause they just put chains on the little nubs and the distance traveled is only 1/10th of a person with full limbs. It sounds kinda bad but it's being honest.

Also I don't like VPX mainly because i feel they lie through their teeth on the labeling.

http://www.fitnesskit.com/images/user/no_shotgun%20label.gif

Anyways 1 gram of protein = 4 calories, so 81 calories inside the pre-workout you really believe the entire pre-workout contains only 1 calorie? 5x less than a stick of gum?

I've tried probably half the pre-workouts on the market, jack3d was the best, but now they changed the concentration of key ingredients, so white flood works the best for me for energy, also one of the cheapest servings wise. Then I love superpump 250 but love the beta alanine in jack3d and white flood too much =)

PhDPepper
08-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Then I love superpump 250 but love the beta alanine in jack3d and white flood too much =)

I'm using Superpump 250 right now, i've never tried jacked 3D but i hear good things about it. I guess i like superpump because it contains amino acids and creatine so i don't really have to buy a stack of different suppliments, just take superpump before, and protein afterwards =D. I learned to not think "Oh, theirs only a little bit left in this can, i'll just finish it up", lol. I guess taking 3 scoops is for 300lb body builders, turned into a bad idea.

I started benching again but now my wrists are pissed off at me so its probably time to go back to dumbbells for a few weeks till my wrists fully recover. At the moment most i can push is 205lb x 6 on a flat bench, goal is 225lbs at least, mostly because 2 plates on each side seems like a good milestone :P

Keep tettering at the 150lb weight range, i probably need to eat more. Also its probably time to reduce weight and give my joints and ligaments some recovery time, so i don't think my weight will go up anytime soon :\

The gym used calipers to measure my body fat a while back but according to the guy, i'm 10.5% BF. I have a funny feeling they screwed up though, the caliper kept slipping off so he sort of did a tug and pinch to grab at the skin.

C0BALTDragon
08-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Stats: 6'2, 198lbs, 9-11% body fat.

I normally stick to dumbells for press, because I never have a spotter so I am limited.

Press: Incline (dumbells) 3x 10 75lbs, flat (dumbells) 3x 10 90lbs, decline (dumbells) 3x 10 80lbs (all weight on center torso legs up on bench etc)

Bench press: I never do incline on bench, Flat 3x 10 225lbs (on a smith 305lbs), decline 3x 10 225lbs.

Leg press: 1 leg at a time 225lbs (on the press where u sit on the floor and press up) 2x 10 each with calf press at the top, 2 legs 595lbs 1 x burnout normally around 12.

It would be nice to get a spotter my gym partner is a 110lb girl... so I have to make sure I can handle all the weight I use.

distantarray
08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm using Superpump 250 right now, i've never tried jacked 3D but i hear good things about it. I guess i like superpump because it contains amino acids and creatine so i don't really have to buy a stack of different suppliments, just take superpump before, and protein afterwards =D. I learned to not think "Oh, theirs only a little bit left in this can, i'll just finish it up", lol. I guess taking 3 scoops is for 300lb body builders, turned into a bad idea.

I started benching again but now my wrists are pissed off at me so its probably time to go back to dumbbells for a few weeks till my wrists fully recover. At the moment most i can push is 205lb x 6 on a flat bench, goal is 225lbs at least, mostly because 2 plates on each side seems like a good milestone :P

Keep tettering at the 150lb weight range, i probably need to eat more. Also its probably time to reduce weight and give my joints and ligaments some recovery time, so i don't think my weight will go up anytime soon :\

The gym used calipers to measure my body fat a while back but according to the guy, i'm 10.5% BF. I have a funny feeling they screwed up though, the caliper kept slipping off so he sort of did a tug and pinch to grab at the skin.
Eat Eat EAT!!!!! my body's starving all day these days, I ate 9 meals so far..... today

I tried a new pre-workout today, amazing stuff, Muscle Marinade, it's a lil more expensive than most pre-workouts about $1 a serving, but 1 serving is what they recommend to be 1 serving, NO MORE. I can say with 1 serving I had the pump of super pump, and the beta alanine at 2,000 mg which is amazing, then there's the fact it has 6grams of creatine monohydrate in it, so if you like using creating this is a 1 stop shop for creatine / pre-workout. It gives me more energy than Jack3d, it has amazing list of ingredients. Considering it has all the creatine you'd need, the price is actually very good, and knowing that 1 serving is actual serving unlike white flood or jack3d where I take 2 scoops, so this is probably the best value of all.

Stats: 6'2, 198lbs, 9-11% body fat.

I normally stick to dumbells for press, because I never have a spotter so I am limited.

Press: Incline (dumbells) 3x 10 75lbs, flat (dumbells) 3x 10 90lbs, decline (dumbells) 3x 10 80lbs (all weight on center torso legs up on bench etc)

Bench press: I never do incline on bench, Flat 3x 10 225lbs (on a smith 305lbs), decline 3x 10 225lbs.

Leg press: 1 leg at a time 225lbs (on the press where u sit on the floor and press up) 2x 10 each with calf press at the top, 2 legs 595lbs 1 x burnout normally around 12.

It would be nice to get a spotter my gym partner is a 110lb girl... so I have to make sure I can handle all the weight I use.

I love people who use dumbbells, unfortunately my gym maxes out on 75 pound dumbbells, they don't want people that's too serious they said, but hey whatever works. For $10 month I can't complain.

C0BALTDragon
08-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I have 24 hour fitness 29$ a year, so I can't complain. And yes dumbbells rock straight bar for symmetry and more strain on stabilizer muscles.

Giant Alucard
08-22-2010, 03:39 AM
I cant wait to go back to using heavy weights and bulking up myself (although I'll probably continue to do crossfit for a bit of my cardio since I've gotten to like it). As far as I know know I've passed 300 lbs on both my Squats and Deadlifts, and was over 600 on the leg press. Sadly my bench is weak, and I'm not sure why, since it's not due to lack of attention. Usually I have to resort to cables or dumbells for most of my workouts though since I never normally have a spotter with me. Getting friends to come to the gym with me is like pulling teeth it seems haha.

distantarray
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I have 24 hour fitness 29$ a year, so I can't complain. And yes dumbbells rock straight bar for symmetry and more strain on stabilizer muscles.
a YEAR? o_O
I cant wait to go back to using heavy weights and bulking up myself (although I'll probably continue to do crossfit for a bit of my cardio since I've gotten to like it). As far as I know know I've passed 300 lbs on both my Squats and Deadlifts, and was over 600 on the leg press. Sadly my bench is weak, and I'm not sure why, since it's not due to lack of attention. Usually I have to resort to cables or dumbells for most of my workouts though since I never normally have a spotter with me. Getting friends to come to the gym with me is like pulling teeth it seems haha.

lol yea getting friends to go to the gym is like pulling teeth, but I found that since my gym is now $10 a month no contract that since they can't use "can't afford it" as an excuse I can get some to sign up. ones to keep at it? kinda hard lol, easier just to make some friends at the gym imo.

Rjr3412
08-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Distant, you're probably familiar with it but for others who aren't, and are limited by the size/weight available to work with, 3 count reps (not sure if thats the actual name) and super slow negatives can work great.

Basically for the 3 counts, each point of movement takes about 3 seconds. So doing chest presses - from parellel with your chest to full extension would take a count of three, a nice squeeze at the top, and then a nice smooth 3 count to bring em back down.

You apply this idea to just about any movement and you can hit stuff a lot harder with less weight. It does go a bit against the Mike Mentzer explosive positives that seem popular around here, but you work with what you got. But his methods, IIRC call for slow negatives too.

I see far too many people lifting twice as much weight as they ought to, working with horrible form and relying completely on momentum.

No momentum + perfect form = Solid gains :)

distantarray
08-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Distant, you're probably familiar with it but for others who aren't, and are limited by the size/weight available to work with, 3 count reps (not sure if thats the actual name) and super slow negatives can work great.

Basically for the 3 counts, each point of movement takes about 3 seconds. So doing chest presses - from parellel with your chest to full extension would take a count of three, a nice squeeze at the top, and then a nice smooth 3 count to bring em back down.

You apply this idea to just about any movement and you can hit stuff a lot harder with less weight. It does go a bit against the Mike Mentzer explosive positives that seem popular around here, but you work with what you got. But his methods, IIRC call for slow negatives too.

I see far too many people lifting twice as much weight as they ought to, working with horrible form and relying completely on momentum.

No momentum + perfect form = Solid gains :)

you don't know HOW much I bitch about this at my gym, even most of my workout buddies are falling pray and becoming idiots at the gym. They have the bright idea to start doing curls with the benching bar (45 pound) then putting 10 pounds on til they can't do it anymore, then start dropping it and doing pyramids.... This isn't bad if it didn't screw up their from the long ass bar swaying a little side to side and them arching their back like they've become some type of strange mutation between shrimp and man.

Personally I tell people to vary speeds, I try to make them forget what set they're on, and try to get them to mess up on their counting. going 5 6 15 13 16 12 5 3 2 10. Cause mentally they're satisified long before they're physically able to, especially when they can do more reps than they could few weeks ago doesn't mean more isn't possible.

I also push people to mix it up. I often push people to do at least 5 sets.regular grip, wide grip, close grip, super fast, super slow. On every movement I try to get them to pinch and hold at the end if possible. So warm up set get them used to it, and final set do a super light set where you pinch and go super slow. I count 5 seconds personally up and 5 seconds down.

When I'm spotting my friends I'm an asshole. I won't let them rack til I KNOW they can't do anymore, on bench days I almost get a little bicep workout =) I generally push for 3-4 more than when they'd give up without a spotter.

If anyone remembers when I first started posting on losing weight issues, I only had a 20 pound dumbbell to my disposal, so I'd do dumbbell flies REALLY SLOWLY just to make sure I felt it ^_^

Rjr3412
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
... I want to go to your gym ... lol. Haven't gotten to work with gym buddies since college, and they were lazy.

distantarray
08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
... I want to go to your gym ... lol. Haven't gotten to work with gym buddies since college, and they were lazy.

lol I just went to the gym with a buddy, and just asked a random guy for a spot, we just ended up becoming friends lol and kinda domino'd from there cause regulars around my age like 10-15 of us workout from 10pm to midnight (closing hour) almost every night hehe slow times are nice, at 5-7pm the ENTIRE gym is full and it sucks.....

SamuriSmurfX
09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
After 18 days in a row I took two days off, went back last night for a little bit of fail on my chest workout. Tried pushing my bodyweight in most exercises and couldn't manage it. I'm close.

distantarray
09-03-2010, 03:41 AM
After 18 days in a row I took two days off, went back last night for a little bit of fail on my chest workout. Tried pushing my bodyweight in most exercises and couldn't manage it. I'm close.

Sounds like your over training quite a bit. I'd take a few days off. Remember that over working can actually increase your estrogen production putting all the effort at the gym to shame. There are many other things but I like pointing out estrogen cause it should scare any guys at the gym trying to get bigger =D

Also your probably an ectomorph so how are you doing on your diet?

SamuriSmurfX
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I don't believe I'm over-training right now. Yes, I'm going every day but I'm set up to where it takes 6-7 days before I get back to the first bodypart.

As for my diet... I was cutting, doing between 2500-3000 calories. I could easily add a few more but I want to trim down a little more, then go on carb cycling. Overall, the foods i'm eating are great.

distantarray
09-05-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't believe I'm over-training right now. Yes, I'm going every day but I'm set up to where it takes 6-7 days before I get back to the first bodypart.

As for my diet... I was cutting, doing between 2500-3000 calories. I could easily add a few more but I want to trim down a little more, then go on carb cycling. Overall, the foods i'm eating are great.

what's your split look like that have 6-7 days? o_O are you separating triceps and biceps to it's own separate days? O_o

my splits are

bicep / back
tricep / chest
shoulders / abs / lowerback
legs

4 day rotation.

Oh I set a new max the other day 225, although I should probably be able to much more since I did 135x 12, 185 x8 , then 225x 1 with only 30second rest max inbetween. Next time I'll try giving myself 3 minute rest after the initial warm up set. Should get atleast 245 up without much of a problem I think. My current body weight is 163 @ 5'6

only taking pre-workouts for energy, and protein for recovery now.

SamuriSmurfX
09-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, Chest, triceps, shoulders/traps, biceps, back, total body workout or ab's, and day seven is for if I felt anything was lackluster through the first set.

Tonight was a superb Shoulder/trap night.

And what were your new maxes on?

Another thing you can do, do your initial warm up first and shoot in to your cardio. It's something I like to do and find it works well. I'm off supplements for at least this month, or until I get myself (personally) sorted, all I got left is me protein.

distantarray
09-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, Chest, triceps, shoulders/traps, biceps, back, total body workout or ab's, and day seven is for if I felt anything was lackluster through the first set.

Tonight was a superb Shoulder/trap night.

And what were your new maxes on?

Another thing you can do, do your initial warm up first and shoot in to your cardio. It's something I like to do and find it works well. I'm off supplements for at least this month, or until I get myself (personally) sorted, all I got left is me protein.

flat bench was the maxes, dumbbells only go upto 75 pounds at my gym .... meh but can't complain at $10 a month. I already rep those to 12 x 3 sets on everything incline decline and flat so I'm starting to do more flat bench recently.
I don't know how you break up arms to 2 separate days, I'd go nuts from boredom. I kill my arms in 15minutes continious drop setting after my chest or my back, I'd be driving longer from and to the gym more than I"m working out that makes me sad =(

SamuriSmurfX
09-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I actually enjoy it more, feel a better burn. I feel like I can both excerpt more energy in only doing biceps rather than biceps/back and I don't feel over extended by coupling them. I've definitely seen some results in terms of both weight pushed and body shape (especially triceps).

Also, I've learned the muscles a lot better by doing this. Implemented close and wide grips more effectively, stretching, isolation, compound, pretty much shocking the muscle more than I did during split routine days. Plus, I need to (haven't - again) been doing ab's either every other day or two days on one day off, and that is ...oh so fun.

distantarray
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I actually enjoy it more, feel a better burn. I feel like I can both excerpt more energy in only doing biceps rather than biceps/back and I don't feel over extended by coupling them. I've definitely seen some results in terms of both weight pushed and body shape (especially triceps).

Also, I've learned the muscles a lot better by doing this. Implemented close and wide grips more effectively, stretching, isolation, compound, pretty much shocking the muscle more than I did during split routine days. Plus, I need to (haven't - again) been doing ab's either every other day or two days on one day off, and that is ...oh so fun.

I really don't understand how people do abs every other day or so... it's still a muscle group and should still require rest :P

SamuriSmurfX
09-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes, but they're much more resilient to destruction and recover faster. It's the core of your body after all, you work it with pretty much everything you do.

distantarray
09-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, but they're much more resilient to destruction and recover faster. It's the core of your body after all, you work it with pretty much everything you do.

still don't see a point in doing them more than twice a week, but then that's just my opinion

SamuriSmurfX
09-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Killer bicep workout tonight... I've never done a bicep routine that made me not want to do my cardio till tonight. Wow...

distantarray
09-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Killer bicep workout tonight... I've never done a bicep routine that made me not want to do my cardio till tonight. Wow...

lol don't over strain yourself

Well I took a in-train supplement (pre-workout helps you get started, intrain helps you in the gym) today Bullrush (got a bunch of free samples from bodybuilding.com forums from the sales reps) and took androrush which is a pre-workout and holy crap good stuff

135x 25, 185 x 8, 225x 2 flat bench
225x 12,, 225 x 9 225 x 7 decline bench (smith machine)
95 x 20, 135 x 15 , 135 x 10 incline bench
30 x 15, 20 x 10, (slow) 40x8 cable chest raise ( cables I do with NO rest)
60x 15 , 50x 12 , 40x 15 Cable flies
50x 12, 40x 9 , 30x 12 decline cable flies
75x 5 , 65 x 12 dumb bell chest press

130 x 15 140 x 12 160x 9 Tricep cable pull over
1 arm cable push down 50 40 30 40 50 about 10 reps each no rest. then same thing with reverse grip.

Shit come to think of it I didn't do much with triceps today got distracted lol then afterwards felt good so 2 hours later went back to the gym

135 x 20 185 x 5 225x1 flat bench
55 x 12 55 x 8 dumb bells incline press

SamuriSmurfX
09-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Have you tried sizeon? It's an in-training supplement I really like.

distantarray
09-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Have you tried sizeon? It's an in-training supplement I really like.

nope I heard good stuff but only other in-train I used is purple wraath which was great

distantarray
09-12-2010, 03:51 AM
update - Today started even though I didn't try to max out again, 225 x 3 today =) after inclinde and regular flat bench workouts. I'm going to try to push 245 next week

SamuriSmurfX
09-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Solid work man.

Have you ever done reverse grip bench presses? I tried my first set today. Very very interesting.

distantarray
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Solid work man.

Have you ever done reverse grip bench presses? I tried my first set today. Very very interesting.

not really sounds ilke something people would do for fun in highschool.... but sounds like a good way to drop weights on your face XD

Rjr3412
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Samuri do you go close or wide grip for your reverse? You can probably do either, but just curious.

therob127
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM
not really sounds ilke something people would do for fun in highschool.... but sounds like a good way to drop weights on your face XD

lol I thought the same thing when I saw this in an article on BB.com. Definitely something you would want a spot for. Apparently it really works the chest great but I'm not taking the risk to find out ;-P

SamuriSmurfX
09-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I saw the article on BB.com too which is why I asked. I don't have a spotter so I use the smith machine and I've started out light.

As for my grip. I've experimented with both wide and close grip. Naturally I grab the bar close grip and thats where it's more comfortable. I've still got some more tinkering with it because from what I've looked into wide grip is recommended . As for safety, It really isn't any more dangerous than a normal bench IMO. As long as your in control of the weight and have stable arms you'll be fine, furthermore a reverse grip bench has you pushing the weight further (for me) than a regular bench. With reverse's I tend to push along or bellow the nipple line, with regular bench's I'm more accustomed to pushing along the mid or upper chest area.

Try some low weight and see if you like it.

therob127
09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
funny that we talk about this cause while I was at the gym tonight I saw one of the regulars in there trying this out. I asked him "What made you start doing this?" He just told me it was to switch things up because he was at a plateau on his bench. He did have a spotter but he only helped him unset and set the weight. Either way I don't feel the need to switch it up yet. I have a routine I'm stuck in until the next 3 weeks after this one anyways.

Since this thread is meant for training progress, here are my stats from tonights workout:
(This is suppose to be 4 sets of 6-8 reps)
Bench Press: 145x8,155x6,160x4,160x4 (I hate not having a spot, should have used a smith)
Bent Over Row: 170x8,190x7,200x7,210x5
Seated Barbell Military Press: 100x8,110x6,130x3,110x8
Barbell Shrugs: 200x8,220x9,260x8,280x8
Close-Grip Bench Press: 105x8,115x8,120x5,120x4
Barbell Curls: 70x8,80x6,80x6,90x5

I believe I've gone up since I last did this workout because this routine is a repeating 6 week cycle. Tomorrow is legs and abs, then 2nd part upper body on Thursday. Next week is 5 sets of 4 reps. You can see a link to this workout on my bodyspace at BB.com.

bkyoung
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I havent been able to workout since wednesday because thursday i had asian culture club, friday weightroom was closed due to faculty meeting, and today the football queefs were hogging it all up. :(

distantarray
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I havent been able to workout since wednesday because thursday i had asian culture club, friday weightroom was closed due to faculty meeting, and today the football queefs were hogging it all up. :(

excuse is still an excuse :p shit happens but it doesn't mean you can't workout at home, that's why I think it's nice I started working out at home and improving before I even hit the gym. Hand stand push ups, and 20 pound dumbbells will get you more than you need for majority of the people here, also using a foldable ladder for back exercises pulling up, bars or anything you can hang from, incline push ups with legs on top of chairs or bar counter, regular push ups, etc there are so many things you can do to workout at home if you really try to look =)

If things get easier with 20 pound dumbbells, go REALLY REALLY REALLY slow, you should feel it, if you can do 12 sets of 20 pound dumbbells 5 seconds down, and 5 seconds up you should start to invest in really heavy stuff imo :) but then you can ask girlfriends to sit on your back when you do push ups, this is pretty fun I think lol, my gf just hopped on my back when I was training it was funny, I still got her up without a problem =)

my gf's really light and funny thing is she'll stand right infront of me
put her hands in mine while still facing away, and she'll actually have me curl her that way lol she looks almost like she's about to do dips on a machine it's pretty funny especially in Vietnam where most guys are scrawny. Had lots of weird looks I think she loved the attention.

SamuriSmurfX
09-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I remember working out when I caught swine flu... that sucked.

bkyoung
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
excuse is still an excuse :p shit happens but it doesn't mean you can't workout at home, that's why I think it's nice I started working out at home and improving before I even hit the gym. Hand stand push ups, and 20 pound dumbbells will get you more than you need for majority of the people here, also using a foldable ladder for back exercises pulling up, bars or anything you can hang from, incline push ups with legs on top of chairs or bar counter, regular push ups, etc there are so many things you can do to workout at home if you really try to look =)

If things get easier with 20 pound dumbbells, go REALLY REALLY REALLY slow, you should feel it, if you can do 12 sets of 20 pound dumbbells 5 seconds down, and 5 seconds up you should start to invest in really heavy stuff imo :) but then you can ask girlfriends to sit on your back when you do push ups, this is pretty fun I think lol, my gf just hopped on my back when I was training it was funny, I still got her up without a problem =)

my gf's really light and funny thing is she'll stand right infront of me
put her hands in mine while still facing away, and she'll actually have me curl her that way lol she looks almost like she's about to do dips on a machine it's pretty funny especially in Vietnam where most guys are scrawny. Had lots of weird looks I think she loved the attention.

yea i was actin like a little bitch and just didnt work out. today i got in 5 sets of calves(90 lb) 3 sets of (35 lb) on leg extensions and 3 sets on a lat machine(80 lbs)that i forgot the name of not the wire one ermm. but yeah like 20 min after i posted this i felt like a cry baby so i did some pushups and bicycles. and 2 miles. Not my ideal workout but i got my legs done for the week :P

C0BALTDragon
09-14-2010, 11:24 PM
On a brand new routine to break my plateau. Only lifting three days a week and playing ball 5x a week (including 3+ hours on sunday).

Been doing light warm-up into a max set (normally whatever I can do 3-5 of) and then 10 seconds up 10 seconds down slow reps until failure.

I normally get around 4-6 reps of 10 second with 60-66%ish of weight i would normally do.

Maxing back I do my weight (196) + 90lbs (weight built and hang 2 plates) 3 and a half reps on pull up

Press 110lb dumbells in each hand, but i repped 9 before i had to drop. The gym doesn't have anything bigger, but i wanna try for 4 at 120.

Doing opposing muscle sets, so Monday back, bicepts and legs. Wednesday chest, triceps, shoulders and abs, friday is compound day of deadlift and cleans + more abs.

I have to force myself to rest though because doing slow reps burns and I can only do so many, but my muscles don't feel real sore. I just keep telling myself endure it for another month to get full muscle stimulation before switching to 5x5's heavy sets.

distantarray
09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
well weight training progress is where I think this should fit best.

Measurements today

28 inch waist
40 inch chest
15.5 inch arms =)

bkyoung
09-15-2010, 05:11 PM
well weight training progress is where I think this should fit best.

Measurements today

28 inch waist
40 inch chest
15.5 inch arms =)
good job man

Kasinator
09-16-2010, 07:14 AM
yesterday, I did a max load on the leg press of 510 lbs. It was the entire load of plates on the press. Man am I feeling it this morning. :D

Kasinator
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Bumping this because I gained 5lbs in muscle in the past four months!!!! On top of that, I got a 5.6% bodyfat measured. Which means I can eat more! yipee!:drink:

drakeprimeone
09-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Bumping this because I gained 5lbs in muscle in the past four months!!!! On top of that, I got a 5.6% bodyfat measured. Which means I can eat more! yipee!:drink:

:bigtu:

distantarray
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Got any new pictures? o_O 5.6% is pretty damn low.... how did you measure cause I'm pretty sure it's not accurate, even professionals will have a hard time getting there. under 8% I'm sure, but getting into 5% is insane.

Kasinator
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Well i did one of those digital tests, so I am skeptical too. but I am checking again tomorrow with the old fashioned way! either way though I am definitely gonna eat more still.

distantarray
09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Well i did one of those digital tests, so I am skeptical too. but I am checking again tomorrow with the old fashioned way! either way though I am definitely gonna eat more still.

digital test is only accurate if you do it first thing in the morning after you pee and poo before eating after taking a shower weight yourself naked bone dry lmao it's the most consistant, if you do it after you worked out you'll be 3-4% lower on average cause of dehydration and muscles tense up and grow a size larger, remember it measures electrical resistance it also picks up The pump. I got 5% before too after a workout.

Kasinator
09-23-2010, 06:28 AM
so i must be 8% then. Still great to hear though! :bigtu: Live and learn I guess.:crylaugh:

Rjr3412
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Thought I'd share that I had a sweet leg workout yesterday. Put an extra 30 pounds on the bar for smith machine squats (gym doesn't have any real barbells :( )

Congrats Kas, sounds like things are moving along well for you.

therob127
09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Did legs last night myself, and some abs as well. Didn't feel like doing barbell squats so I used the seated plate loaded squat machine. The last of 5 sets for that I got 540lbs for 4 and on the last set of machine leg press I did 330lbs. Got the second half of upper body for the week tonight.

bkyoung
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Got any new pictures? o_O 5.6% is pretty damn low.... how did you measure cause I'm pretty sure it's not accurate, even professionals will have a hard time getting there. under 8% I'm sure, but getting into 5% is insane.

i'd hate to see this thread die. but it is possible, a guy i workout with has a thyroid problem so he has to eat 6k calories a day and he barely works out and he still holds a 2% body fat. His doctor wants him to go on growth hormone but his family cant afford it.

therob127
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
i'd hate to see this thread die. but it is possible, a guy i workout with has a thyroid problem so he has to eat 6k calories a day and he barely works out and he still holds a 2% body fat. His doctor wants him to go on growth hormone but his family cant afford it.

Oddly enough I have Hypothyroidism, which is suppose to make you gain weight and make it harder to lose it. However, I'm the complete opposite. I've always be skinny and have trouble eating and gaining weight. But I have been bulking slowly since I started seriously working out. I have yet to find out what my body fat % is though lol.

distantarray
10-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Oddly enough I have Hypothyroidism, which is suppose to make you gain weight and make it harder to lose it. However, I'm the complete opposite. I've always be skinny and have trouble eating and gaining weight. But I have been bulking slowly since I started seriously working out. I have yet to find out what my body fat % is though lol.

that doesn't sound like hypo thyroidism but HYPER thyroidism :confused:

Common symptoms of hyperthyroidism include restlessness, tremors, weight loss despite an increased appetite, sweating, rapid heart rate, intolerance to heat, and frequent bowel movements. ??

therob127
10-07-2010, 11:47 AM
that doesn't sound like hypo thyroidism but HYPER thyroidism :confused:

Common symptoms of hyperthyroidism include restlessness, tremors, weight loss despite an increased appetite, sweating, rapid heart rate, intolerance to heat, and frequent bowel movements. ??

Yeah I know. That's what confused the doctor as well lol. My dad has hypothyroidism and my blood test yielded similar results. This was about 2 years ago, and I was put on thyroid regulation medication. Meh, I work through it and continue to push myself to get where I want to be.

bkyoung
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah I know. That's what confused the doctor as well lol. My dad has hypothyroidism and my blood test yielded similar results. This was about 2 years ago, and I was put on thyroid regulation medication. Meh, I work through it and continue to push myself to get where I want to be.

how odd, this is a case for doctor house!