PDA

View Full Version : Since someone has to...KoF at Nekocon?

HealerKou
09-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Well, since a running theme on every con thread seems to be for someone to try and come up with a KoF/SNK gathering, I figure I'd be the representitive for Nekocon! XD

So, anyone else bringing KoF or SNK costumes and wanna meet up? I'm 99% finished with my Athena costume already. (1999 version. I haven't seen it done very often, and it makes me feel like a Christmas elf ;P)

Anywho...yeah...I'm not very good at planning things, but I'll do my best! ^_^v

Link Arroway
09-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I'll be doing Yuki :D

HealerKou
09-26-2003, 12:26 PM
I'll be doing Yuki :D

Awesome! ^_^ What day will you be wearing it?

Maxima
09-26-2003, 03:57 PM
I'll be bringing Maxima along for Nekocon. Most likely I will be wearing the costume on Saturday. At least this time, the weather will be cooler. I broiled to death at Otakon. ><

evilchii
09-26-2003, 07:18 PM
woohoo! i'm happy you started this thread! i'll be bringing my vanessa outfit but hopefully Makonurikoryoko and i will have our Vice and Mature outfits done. so if there is a gathering, i'll probably wear Mature.

HealerKou
09-26-2003, 07:54 PM
OK, cool! So that makes all 4 of us ^_~ Oh, and my b/f as "trenchcoat" Iori. So 5 of us. I'll probably wear Athena during the day, and change into Leona in the evening for the cosplay because I *think* I'm still in a skit. I lose track. So how does Saturday afternoon around 12 by the pool sound for everyone right now?

Maxima - I bet you did fry! Especially if you had to walk a long way to the convention center! I was wearing a skin-tight vinyl jacket and had to peel it off me afterwards *___*

Maxima
09-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Eventhough my undershirt, which was a real turtleneck, had no sleeves, I was drenched from head to toe. I really should start planning better. ^^;

Well now that we got a group formed, this gives me an incentive to start on the adjustments/purchases I need to make for it. Depending on money and time, I might be bringing a Heavenly King's coat with me as well as 99 Clark.

Edit, off topic, and out of the blue: Before I knew about these boards, I think I talked to you and your boyfriend at Katsucon about a group at this year's Otakon.

katchoo
09-27-2003, 12:38 AM
I'll bring my mai. (doing for am) Just let me know when the gathering is. ^_^

Eurobeat King
09-27-2003, 02:13 PM
I COULD bring King, since I brought her to Nekocon 2001 but didn't wear it, and at Nekocon 2002 I let my friend Sara wear it for a little bit. This year I'm only bringing 4 costumes, and yet I could bring King again either to let a friend wear it or *gulp* I crossplay her one more time in 2003.. :thumbsup: So I'll keep you posted..

HealerKou
09-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Edit, off topic, and out of the blue: Before I knew about these boards, I think I talked to you and your boyfriend at Katsucon about a group at this year's Otakon.

Hey, you're right! I think you did! I remember someone asking us if we were going to be Mai and Kyo again at Otakon ^_^ That's rad. Small world, huh?

And did you say Clark?! Clark, you say!! Haha...yeah...um...wanna be in a skit? ^_~ We have a Ralph who promised us that he would dig up a Clark, but so far he's been too busy to find anyone. I'm going to be Leona and my b/f is gonna be Iori and we're supposed to do a silly comedy skit. Sooooooo...

HealerKou
09-28-2003, 01:26 PM
I COULD bring King, since I brought her to Nekocon 2001 but didn't wear it, and at Nekocon 2002 I let my friend Sara wear it for a little bit. This year I'm only bringing 4 costumes, and yet I could bring King again either to let a friend wear it or *gulp* I crossplay her one more time in 2003.. :thumbsup: So I'll keep you posted..

OK, cool! I mean, I know you'll be busy taking pics, but if you'd like to take a break to be part of the group I would like that very much ^_~

Maxima
09-29-2003, 05:37 PM
HealerKou: I'll be Clark if you want, and if the spot is already not taken of course. Can't be intruding on someone else spot if it is already taken. I just need a little more information on it, I guess.

I might be able to pull a Chang and a Seth along as well, that is if they are willing to finish both of them. They had more than half of both costumes done for Otakon, and then they backed out to do a Data East tribute as Team Dallas from Street Hoops. ^^; I'll ask them tonight about it.

HealerKou
09-29-2003, 06:37 PM
HealerKou: I'll be Clark if you want, and if the spot is already not taken of course. Can't be intruding on someone else spot if it is already taken. I just need a little more information on it, I guess.

I might be able to pull a Chang and a Seth along as well, that is if they are willing to finish both of them. They had more than half of both costumes done for Otakon, and then they backed out to do a Data East tribute as Team Dallas from Street Hoops. ^^; I'll ask them tonight about it.

Awesome! ^_^ I'm gonna PM you on it, so don't forget to check your messages!

Catboi Blues
09-30-2003, 12:31 PM
You can count me in as MotW Terry Borgard. I was supposed to wear it this weekend at AM but I can't make it there now.

Link Arroway
09-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Yay for King of Fighter crossplay XD Altho, if your too busy we'll understand. Link's crossplaying Yuki, not sure then, I'll probably wear it friday but if we do like a group or photoshoot or whatever I'll wear it then.
Edit: oh Saturday afternoon around 12, *thinks* yeah thats good ^^

White Ninja
10-01-2003, 01:24 PM
KoF eh? i'll do ralf again since i did him at otakon...and since it's easy and comfortable.

HealerKou
10-05-2003, 07:26 PM
OK, I know we've so far said Saturday at 12 for the group, but I just spent this weekend with friends working on costumes for Neko, and found out that we'll be wearing them Saturday morning/early afternoon ;____; So would anyone be opposed to changing the KoF group to sometime Friday night? Let me know!

Maxima
10-07-2003, 01:26 AM
Friday Night I fine by me. I just hope I get there at a decent time this year. 8 or 9 sound good, or are we talking a little earlier?

I am just throwing those times out because I am participating in the Xenogears/Xenosaga group earlier that evening.

White Ninja
10-07-2003, 07:46 PM
anytime is fine with me, i'm flexible.

HealerKou
10-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking around 8 on Friday. I'm probably gonna be in my costume alllllll day, so that's cool. I'll be in Athena, though, and not Leona cuz I'm not even sure I'll be making that anymore. (note to self: PM Maxima about that)

Link Arroway
10-24-2003, 11:17 AM
yay, Friday would be better for me ^^, my friend is cosplaying Kyo and since I'll be Yuki it will be more fun, I was planning to wear the costume mainly on Friday anyways, then I wouldnt have to worry about going to change before other shoots saturday :D

ShingoBunny
10-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Whoo! I'm Link's Kyo... I'm going to be bringing Shingo which I'll have on during Saturday... Might bring Iori or Kensou... or K'9999... LOL

Eurobeat King
10-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Healer: Sorry, C. but I've decided not to bring King or Hibiki to Nekocon, since I'm going to max out on photos this con (being the last one in 2003 for me) and not wear too many costumes. So that means that if I see you and the other KOFers walking around, I'll be sure to get some nice pics, solo AND at the gathering when you all decide to have it. :) Can't wait to see your Athena!

HealerKou
10-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Healer: Sorry, C. but I've decided not to bring King or Hibiki to Nekocon, since I'm going to max out on photos this con (being the last one in 2003 for me) and not wear too many costumes. So that means that if I see you and the other KOFers walking around, I'll be sure to get some nice pics, solo AND at the gathering when you all decide to have it. :) Can't wait to see your Athena!

It's all good, Al! As it turns out, they may have to have the gathering without me and Serge ;___; We didn't get that Friday approved off from work and we may decide not to call out and just get to the con at 4 a.m. on Saturday. So I'll be wearing Athena on Saturday afternoon, when I shower and change out of my super-secret-Saturday-morning costume ^_~ It sucks, but I'd rather not get fired. I'm thinking of making something else for Sunday, though, since we'll be sticking around kinda late. ^_^

As for the KoF gathering, it's still on for Friday night, so you kids have a blast! I'd love to be there, but we'll have to wait and see what happens ^_^

Eurobeat King
10-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Awww.. that sucks that you might miss an entire day of Nekocon, C. :( Well, keep me posted, and get there when you can, safely, but quickly. I look forward to taking solo pics of your Athena on Saturday. See you then! ;)