PDA

View Full Version : Advice on breakfast foods?

t0uchof1nsanity
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello :)
I'm in the process of losing weight and I was just curious if I could get any tips on breakfast foods, like something light? I'm really not much of a breakfast person, so I tend to just skip it (even though it's the most important meal of the day :/) and wait to eat around noonish. I've tried eating something small, such as a small wheat bagel, but if I eat early in the morning I find myself getting a terrible headache like thirty minutes later :confused:

Does anybody else have this problem and/or have any suggestions on what else to eat?

Krye
08-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Because I wake up late during the summer - I have to eat a small breakfast (I never skip a meal. hahaha) But On school days - I have bigger meals.

For a simple breakfast, I usually eat 1 slice of baked toast, 1 scrambled egg with bacon bits, and paired with milk tea.

For a quick breakfast, just milk and cereal will do. =) I like frosted flakes *0* But for healthier choice - go for Special K or something of the like. ^^

distantarray
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I mix RAW oatmeal and Vanilla protein powder with milk in a bowl and just eat. Doesn't taste like much just like really bland cereal and contains a lot of fiber, calcium and protein when done this way.

You can also eat eggs and wheat toast with a protein shake, fruits are also great in the morning, but remember not all fruits are created equal. Apples, Pears, grapefruits, blueberries, strawberries, bananas are great choices.

cereals are fine, just try to stick to something with a little bit of fiber atleast. coffee/green tea are great as well.

The best breakfast however is drum roll........ MISO SOUP and rice. brown rice if you can.

Miso soup super low calories, and fastest delivery out of almost any protein rich source out there. It starts entering your body as quick a 4minutes in recent studies. Seaweed, tofu, scallions how can you go wrong?

t0uchof1nsanity
08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you :) I'll try some of this. Hopefully it'll get me into the habit of eating breakfast again >.<

Chirudesu
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe you could also try oatmeal? Either the quick-cooking or old-fashioned kind. But I think it tastes really bland alone, so I'd throw in some fruits like berries, bananas or apples, and some cinnamon.

t0uchof1nsanity
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah I've had oatmeal before but for some reason I never thought about adding anything to it xD bananas and cinnamon sound omnomnomnom :3 Thanks, Chirudesu (:

Archangelz
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I tend to run out of the house every morning so things like cooking eggs or sitting down with oatmeal really don't work out for me, I'd rather get those few extra minutes of sleep!

I've gotten into the habit of having a single piece of 100% whole wheat bread, a teaspoon of peanut butter spread across it, and a delicious banana slapped in the middle. It's like a really weird healthy breakfast hot dog...kinda. It's delicious and decently healthy to start the day. :)

distantarray
08-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I tend to run out of the house every morning so things like cooking eggs or sitting down with oatmeal really don't work out for me, I'd rather get those few extra minutes of sleep!

I've gotten into the habit of having a single piece of 100% whole wheat bread, a teaspoon of peanut butter spread across it, and a delicious banana slapped in the middle. It's like a really weird healthy breakfast hot dog...kinda. It's delicious and decently healthy to start the day. :)

few extra minutes? it takes me the same amount of time to make that sandwich as to make my oatmeal ;p bowl + oatmeal + protein spoon it and eat it. done Yes i eat it raw =P