PDA

View Full Version : Silence of the Lambs?

Flora88
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I think it would be fun to go to a con (or to a Halloween party, I suppose) in a Silence of the Lambs group. I'd be Starling, of course, since I'm the only female in our group. I'd either have a Death's Head moth somewhere, or I'd have...well...a lamb.

My best guy friend would be blood-spattered, muzzled, straight-jacketed, handcuffed Hannibal. I really wish we could somehow get ahold of one of those upright gurneys so we could roll him around, but that would probably be incredibly expensive.
My boyfriend would be the cop who got his face eaten off (yay, fun with fake blood and wound makeup!) We might even be able to get a Buffalo Bill in his woman-skin outfit...hopefully.

Is this too gruesome, or unrecognizable? Because, though this movie has been out for over ten years...I've never seen anyone cosplay from it.

Riafayce
08-04-2010, 02:55 PM
If I saw your group I would be super excited :D
I love that movie, and yeah it's really surprising that nobody's tried to cosplay from it yet (that I've heard of at least). So if you do, please put pictures up!

GlassCannon
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Re: the upright gurney -- I think it's actually a hand truck in the movie, like the kind you would use to move boxes, that they strapped him to once he was in the straightjacket.

I think it would be recognizable, as long as you hit a couple of iconic pieces (Hannibal's mask, FBI badge for Starling, etc).

rawien8706
06-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Yes, definitely recognizable.

Personally I'd take "too gory" over tiny-fit costumes that don't fit body types properly any day!

audrey12345
07-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I love Silence of the Lambs! <333
If you did it right, I think it would definitely be recognizable.