PDA

View Full Version : CATS: The Musical

CharCharx3Anime
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Ah yes, the strange broadway musical called CATS. It has been my favorite for years! The books was quirky too :]

I have always wanted to do Quaxo (Mistoffelees chorus chat) and I have!

Being my first time messing with a Unitard it came out kind of... odd but nonetheless I will be prancing around as a CAT!

Has anyone else made themselves a CATS cosplay? Been in a production by chance? Or just love the musical and book!

Luxuria85
08-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Hello! CATS is one of my all time favs! The costumes are just amazing. Back when I was 15/16 my theatre company I was in did a production of CATS and to get any sort of rights would have made us bankrupt so ummm surprise! We just kind of put it on and we ended up getting sued a little (haha). I was Rumpleteazer, but I auditioned for Jemima (I actually quickly had to understudy her once!). It was awesome. we were trained to do our own cat makeup and well as in charge to do our own upkeep on our wigs.

CharCharx3Anime
08-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Oh wow XD I like rumple better than jemima anyway >_>
and lucky x_x i need training for hte makeup. boy is it hard!

Luxuria85
08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
It is quite hard. All we did basically was have a bunch of reference pictures. Very clear ones (we used screen caps from the movie released) and got it as close as possible. One good thing is, they're cats. A little leeway on a goof up.

Satine
08-28-2010, 05:22 AM
I did a Grizabella as Griddlebone costume once ;) I figured Grizabella was of an age with Gus and Griddlebone was a character she could have played in her youth being all glamorous and that ;)

It was for a singing contest, I sang Memory.

CharCharx3Anime
09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I love griddlebone :D
the con im supposed to wear Misto too is in 4 days
and the person making my legwarmers said i'll have them by then
but I cant help but worry >w<

Wildshadow
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I simply love everything about CATS; the musical and the poems. I always found it ironic that T.S. Elliot's plays were never a big success, but his poems were made into a great play.

I've toyed with the idea of making a costume for an original character, but haven't gotten the chance. Hopefully one day I'll get to see it performed live, too. I have the DVD version and a selection of the songs as performed on Broadway. Haha, geeky much?

Gothic lolita
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Misto make up is so easy! ]

http://grittlebone.tripod.com/makeupmain.html this helps a lot

MagiFox
02-12-2011, 11:23 PM
OMFG. I've LOVED this play ever since I was 6 years old! My granparents taped the Brittish version when it aired on PBS all those years ago, and everytime I'd come over, I popped in the VHS tape and dace around with the actors on stage.

Always loved the costumes they did for this play. Sort of a mix between mid-80's dance uniforms and animal features. Mistofelles and Rum Tum Tugger were always my faves, along with Victoria. I might make something in the near future to show my love for this musical...

Briana-Sama
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
-bumping the crap out of this since CCDB is taking so long to activate my account >w>- I was recently reminded of this musical and since it was pretty much my entire childhood, I decided to go for it and I'm working on a Misto costume now, full magical form (using beads and sequins and everything). Quaxo and Rumpleteazer (if I can find a Mungojerrie, if not then either Jemima or Pouncival) are next on my list.