PDA

View Full Version : Becoming vegetarian

NarukuSon
08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Blah blah blah.

Kasinator
08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Well, I'm kinda bored and thought this might post well here.

Anyone interested in getting in good shape, losing weight, having more energy, or just want to become vegetarian... this is what I did to start.

*Keep in mind this is my version of vegetarian, including eating some meat (I limit myself to only 4 times a week I'll eat a highest lean beef (90% or higher), turkey, or chicken, never pork. And I allow myself to eat fish.*

1.) Drink more water every day then you usually do, maintain your usual work-out routines (or start them, especially cardio)
2.) Eat less and less food, and more and more water every day, after 2 weeks of this I wasn't as hungry (I can eat like Goku, and do... very easily).
3.) When I felt less hungry all the time, I stopped eating altogether for a day at a time, only drinking water (2-3rd week), it's called fasting for those who don't know and I used to do it when I was practicing Kung Fu, but for those who have never done it, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Just drink lots and lots of water. If you get hungry, drink water.
4.) Brush your teeth 4 times a day, not 1 (or 2), lol >.> random..
5.) When you feel you can go a day or two without eating, start eating ONLY vegetables.
6.) Add on fruit after a week.
7.) Only eat combination of fruits and vegetables.

My meals:
Breakfast: Cereal (any kind, preferably with bran), banana/orange, glass of water, few gulps of fusion berry blast v8 (acai)
Lunch: Toast (light wheat, or regular wheat), egg whites, and soup or an apple/banana, and a few gulps of fusion berry blast v8
Dinner: Stir-fry vegetable dish with tofu (fish, beef, turkey or chicken okay too), and water.

I have many more meal ideas...

Oh the best part about this. I only spend about $10 a week on food.
=)

Goku-

I'm sorry starvation of any kind is not encouraged here. I know you mean well but this is not the sort of diet we encourage to people.

Diet is about proper eating and not the lack of eating in general.

NarukuSon
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Well you can skip the fasting part, if you want. But fasting isn't something that hurts the body at all. It actually flushes out all the bad stuff. =)

Kasinator
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Well you can skip the fasting part, if you want. But fasting isn't something that hurts the body at all. It actually flushes out all the bad stuff. =)

actually quite the opposite I am afraid. the body goes into a catabolic process and stores fat longer. from there the body starts to digest everything your body normally puts in which would include the things it wouldn't normally digest I.E. stuff that would have gone in the waste department.

Moreover you had posted this as a vegetarian diet, which is misleading. Although the primary focus is vegetation, vegetarian by generalized definition is someone who does not eat meat. Again I am not trying to insult here, I am simply saying this is not a practical diet. I am more than sure others would agree with this.

distantarray
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM

It's actually a pretty harmful diet plan, starvation diets will lead you to gain excess weight once you start eating like normal again, and with that much water and lack of food you won't have enough calories to aid you through a workout. Your body will literally start digesting itself. $10 in food a day I'll be surprised if your hitting 1,200 calories a day through this method which is NOT advised by ANYONE with a medical degree.

If you want to flush out the body you can eat plenty of fiber, and drink stuff like cranberry juice and yogurts to help you regulate your digestive track. Anything under moderation is good, and remember you can kill yourself with even drinking too much water.

The body goes through 2 phase, anabolic and catabolic. Anabolic is good for growth speeds up your metabolism. When your digesting your body is anabolic phase because it's working harder to process food and nutrients. Imagine throwing logs or lumps of goal into a train engine. Now if you have no more wood or coal, but you still have to get to your destination what is there left to do? Exactly you will have to start fueling your train to reach your destination with whatever is left in the train. Chairs, tables and breaking anything that will burn.

Although over filling the engine can also have advese effects, like if you stuff too much wood or coal into the engine, there's only so much that can burn at once since there's only so much oxygen that can go into the engine. This will slow down the whole train as a result. This is what happens when you feel FULL. When your body is full it instinctively pushes more blood to your stomach to aid and speed in digestion, but slows downt he rest of the body. This is like when someone tries to blow on a fire to get it started burning hot. If they're blowing hard on it that means they're stopping to do anything else.

I'm sorry but I can not recommend this kind of starvation diet to anyone, I don't like to see people literally destroying their own bodies in attempts to reach a destination that they may never reach, if they do they'll be one unhealthy person.

If you replace water water water with some steamed veggies and with some protein powder, egg whites, milk, or something to provide you with protein I could say the plan is alright. but just not eating and drinking water will do nothing but destroy the body slowly.

-_-Ichigo
08-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Becoming a vegetarian isn't just staving you self ,it just eat no meat. Since meat have protean you have to drink protein shakes and protein bars. I been a vegetarian so I know. You have just eat 6 meals a day but small portions. And snacking on protein bars, nuts and other healthy snacks is good. And drinking too much water can be bad for you. It can cause headache, make you feel bloated, or make you feel nauseated. And of course working-out is good. But don’t push you self till you fell sick. I'm thinking to become one again. It actually helped me a lot.

D001
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Er...pretty much what a lot of the others have said...switching your diet to being a vegitarian does not involve fasting or even eating less. All it involves is the removal of flesh from your diet, and therefore, the substitution of non-flesh products.

Look to beans, soy products and nuts for protein. Suppliments and protein shakes and the such are good, yes, however, I would not rely on those too heavily as you do want real food in your system.

And honestly, if you are a vegitarian, chicken, beef or turkey is not okay. Vegitarians do not consume flesh - that means no beef, no fowl, no pork, no fish. Technically, I am not considered a vegitarian, because while I do not consume "land" flesh, I do consume fish and seafood...which makes me a Poisiderian, I believe? If you wish to cut back on your consumption of meat, awesome! But that does not make you a vegitarian. (Vegans do not consume any animal products, so eggs, gelitan and dairy are out for them as well)

You do not need to flush out your system before changing diets - merely do your research and make sure that as you remove items from your diet, you are using other foods in order to replace that which you are losing. For instance, iron is plentiful in red meat, in a way that is easily absorbed by the human body. There (if I recall correctly) is actually more iron in certain vegitables than there is in meat. However, plant iron is not very soluable in the human body, so it needs a dose of vitamin C (again, if I recall correctly) in order to help it absorb. Broccoli has both high amounts of iron and vitamin C, so using broccoli as a source of iron instead of red meat is a good substitution there. And so forth.

Just research and be smart about your change in diets and you will be fine. :) (but please don't say you are a vegitarian if you are not ^^;;; )

NarukuSon
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Okay well I accept your science facts but test you with this - I used to fast quite often, and never gained an ounce of fat. Explain?

And yes, I did make it clear in "* *" that this was my version of vegetarian. So.. yes, thanks for spanking me, but I clearly marked it was my definition. You can remove this thread if you want, you guys are just hopeless.

distantarray
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Okay well I accept your science facts but test you with this - I used to fast quite often, and never gained an ounce of fat. Explain?

And yes, I did make it clear in "* *" that this was my version of vegetarian. So.. yes, thanks for spanking me, but I clearly marked it was my definition. You can remove this thread if you want, you guys are just hopeless.

Your ignorance is even worse than your lack of knowledge. We didn't spank anyone, you just didn't do your research and then trying to convince people to try your ways when all it'll do is hurt a person's progress. What you do to your own body is fine, but don't try to push bad habits onto others.

Your version of a vegetarian would make real vegitarians laugh. There are some that won't even eat eggs milk or any animal by products, if your readily eating meats quit acting like your something that your not.

Why you fast quiet often and never gained weight? You really are a moron, learn how to ask a question before you post it. Can't research and can't even ask a proper question. If you fast your not eating with no fuel you expect to gain weight? That's like asking a car with no gas to move which won't happen unless we push you down a hill or out of a plane which is very tempting thought I'll play in my head through my workout tonight.

There are also too many variables to really answer a question like that even if asked properly. We don't know if that's what you really did, or how much you drank, or if you worked out, your hieght your weight your body type when you measured yourself and your normal eating habits before and after fasting etc. You think there's a definite answer for something that sounds so trivial in your head about science? for god sakes if nothing gets to you go watch a episode of house or something. Even the most qualified doctors can only take educated guesses and there are still many variables that people always tend to leave out.

If you really have no interest in learning about proper nutrition, quit acting like you can help others when you can't help yourself.

NarukuSon
08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Your ignorance is even worse than your lack of knowledge. We didn't spank anyone, you just didn't do your research and then trying to convince people to try your ways when all it'll do is hurt a person's progress. What you do to your own body is fine, but don't try to push bad habits onto others.

Your version of a vegetarian would make real vegitarians laugh. There are some that won't even eat eggs milk or any animal by products, if your readily eating meats quit acting like your something that your not.

Why you fast quiet often and never gained weight? You really are a moron, learn how to ask a question before you post it. Can't research and can't even ask a proper question. If you fast your not eating with no fuel you expect to gain weight? That's like asking a car with no gas to move which won't happen unless we push you down a hill or out of a plane which is very tempting thought I'll play in my head through my workout tonight.

There are also too many variables to really answer a question like that even if asked properly. We don't know if that's what you really did, or how much you drank, or if you worked out, your hieght your weight your body type when you measured yourself and your normal eating habits before and after fasting etc. You think there's a definite answer for something that sounds so trivial in your head about science? for god sakes if nothing gets to you go watch a episode of house or something. Even the most qualified doctors can only take educated guesses and there are still many variables that people always tend to leave out.

If you really have no interest in learning about proper nutrition, quit acting like you can help others when you can't help yourself.

A moron? Have you ever tried to fast?