PDA

View Full Version : I lost 40 pounds with South Beach.. now what?

anime_wench
08-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Okay, so I've grown up being a fairly thin / fit girl. But around the time I turned 19 I gained weight like crazy. I'm pretty sure it's because as soon as I moved out of the parents house I lived on fast food.

Anyway, on New Years I went on the South Beach Diet and I've pretty effortlessly lost 40 pounds. I have 10 more pounds to go to get to my goal of 125 pounds, and while I'm back to being "in shape", I still have a pudginess about my body that I can't seem to get rid of. My arms, stomach and legs all seem to be soft.

So now I need to start some kind of workout. I lost all 40 pounds but nothing but dieting. So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. Cardio? DDR? lol... anyone have a workout routine that works?

tarinalove
08-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Bruce Lee was the king of work outs...
:}

So a mix of cardio, kung fu styles, dancing, and ab work outs...

Rinoa07
08-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Obviously you haven't been building muscle. You need to start toning your muscles with cardio, weight lifting, etc. Pretty simple stuff.

anime_wench
08-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Is there a workout I need to be doing? Crunches, push ups? How many, how often? lol.. I should buy a Fitness magazine or something, I know.. but what has been tried, and works?

Rinoa07
08-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Crunches, push ups, running or riding a bike can all help. It'll all build muscle and tone your body. Weight lifting also helps. Just trying walking around the block a few times in the evening with weights to help build your arm muscles and tone your legs. Simple stuff.

Krogan
08-06-2010, 03:08 AM
If you need help developing a workout plan you can pm me and ill make one for you. Short version- yes you need to start toning your muscles. The "pudginess" is the absence of muscle where fat used to be. So, you would want to get on some kind of weight lifting routine. Ideally 3-4 days of weightlifting complemented with a couple of days of cardio to help support your overall health would be ideal. You want to stay in the high rep area of 15-10 reps per set to tone your muscles. Stay eating healthy and combine a workout routine and the 10 pounds will shred off in no time. :) BTW congratz on losing 40 pounds! You already have the self-determination to lose the weight now you just need to apply the routine.

noirstar45
08-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been following Zuzana's site http://www.bodyrock.tv
It'll look intense, but she goes over the workouts and makes suggestions for beginners. She also has a work out for beginners in her workout archives.

Congrats. :bigtu:

Kasinator
08-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Congratulations anime_wench!!!

I really suggest trying the gereric protagonist workout (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=214122) I set up first, and if that is too easy, upgrade to the knuckleheaded ninja workout (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=214425)! I made both of them myself. The first one uses minimal equipment and is designed to speed up metabolism and tone your body. The second one is based off p90x, only a little more simplified and free!