PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice.

littledufffan
08-07-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm 14, going to be 15 in December, I weigh around 150-160 (it goes up and down) and my height is 5'5.

I have a problem with my stomach and a little on my cheeks but honestly, everywhere else is fine. I'll be waling home from school this coming fall and I've been trying to eat more veggies and such instead of cookies but when my parents only buy certain things, it get's hard to say "No, I want something healthy." especially when they're having trouble affording the healthier brands.

I know it's all about exercise and portion control but I honestly have no clue to start with the exercise. Portioning, i can do. I've been portioning my meals these past few nights and I've felt a little better since I know when to stop (I was always taught to clean my plate).

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm not sure if this is the proper place but I'm pretty sure it is :3

char99char
08-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Good for you for wanting to exercise. Exercise isn't only good for losing weight - it reduces stress and helps you sleep better too.

I would suggest starting out with 20 -30 minutes of exercise 4 or 5 days a week. It can be a walk in your neighborhood, riding a bike, playing a sport, gardening, etc. It all counts. When you do something like walking or biking try for a heart rate that makes you feel like you're working - you could talk to someone if you had to but don't really feel like having a long conversation is a good way to judge that. 30 minutes 4 days a week is good for general health. For weight loss - something closer to 45 minutes to an hour 4 or 5 days a week is better. The most important thing is to just be active. Good luck!

Kasinator
08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Just be sure to also read the stickies on this page. :) As far as exercise goes, read the generic protagonist workout (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=214122) I set up for everyone.