PDA

View Full Version : trowa barton crossplay: wig/hair help

Selphie_fairy
09-27-2003, 11:55 AM
im going to be cosplaying trowa barton next year at otakon and i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make his wig (or recomend a place) or if i should cut and style my own hair. Thanks

Allia
09-27-2003, 05:19 PM
You can buy a short wig and style it your self. Go to www.witchwigs.com or you can go to www.katiebair.com and she can style a wig for ya.

You could do your own hair but then you would have to grow your hair out(if its not already) and cutting it like trowa's might not be practicle for everyday use.

I don't know these are just my suggestions. Other people might have different ones.

Yay for more Trowa cosplayers. Maybe I'll get a chance to see ya at Otakon.

megumibish
09-28-2003, 04:12 PM
it would be best to just get a short monofilament wig and then style it. it's better that way in my opinion.

archangeli
09-28-2003, 04:23 PM
my friend has the Trowa hair happening naturally in the say his hair is cut. I posted a pic of him in my gallery.

Selphie_fairy
09-28-2003, 04:31 PM
it would be best to just get a short monofilament wig and then style it. it's better that way in my opinion.

monofilament? O.o

my friend has the Trowa hair happening naturally in the say his hair is cut. I posted a pic of him in my gallery.

archangeli- woah O.O he is the real life trowa Xd have you asked to cosplay trowa? hehe

megumibish
09-28-2003, 04:40 PM
monofilament wigs have fake skin tops that actually have individual monofilament hairs coming outta the top so it looks like real hair.

megumibish
09-28-2003, 04:57 PM
monofilament wigs have fake skin tops that actually have individual monofilament hairs coming outta the top so it looks like real hair.

ElleHazard
09-28-2003, 07:23 PM
I know a girl who cosplayed Trowa at last year's Yaoi-con, here she is (http://gundamwing.fanworkrecs.com/images/ycon_pics/47.jpg), and that was done with her natural hair and A LOT of hairspray. This year she's going the wig route and she said she was able to get it Trowa style (right now she's just having problems with the wig being too red in color, so she doesn't have pictures of it yet).

I'm trusting she did an okay job with it so I might recommend contacting her.
She goes by Zania:
http://forums.cosplay.com/member.php?u=9485

Hitomi chan
09-29-2003, 07:42 PM
whatever you do (buy a wig or style your own hair) I recomend to keep the hairstyle up, to use coke or any other sweet soda, it's true!! the hairstyle doesn't fall down if you use it, it stays hard and up.

Selphie_fairy
09-30-2003, 07:01 AM
hitomi chan- THATS SO COOL XD i gotta try it sometime :D

yukitoLeonheart
09-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Selphie, I will make you the cutest guy ever, when I come to NY we are so going shopping for stuff, It may be hard to resist you though if you are like that adorable and a guy. Oh jeez blush

ElleHazard
09-30-2003, 02:18 PM
whatever you do (buy a wig or style your own hair) I recomend to keep the hairstyle up, to use coke or any other sweet soda, it's true!! the hairstyle doesn't fall down if you use it, it stays hard and up.

As I fear being attacked by a swarm of bees, I don't think I'd ever try that myself. ^^;;

Selphie_fairy
09-30-2003, 06:36 PM
yuktioleonhart- LMAO! c'mon you gotta resist the temptationfrom molesting me now XDD :rofl:

ellehazard- i think that'd be so funny XD aha i would try it one day though it makes my hair sticky and sweet XD hehe

Hitomi chan
09-30-2003, 09:48 PM
As I fear being attacked by a swarm of bees, I don't think I'd ever try that myself. ^^;;

Have you seen a swarm of bees INSIDE a con? :eeek:

ElleHazard
09-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Have you seen a swarm of bees INSIDE a con? :eeek:

>D Yes! All the time!

However, I'm mostly afraid of the ones outside, if for some reason I wanted to go somewhere else. Or even between buildings for a larger convention.
:rolleyes:
It's a crazy concept, I know.