PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a creative way to incorporate floating orbs

Purple One
08-08-2010, 07:37 PM
My daughter's going to her first con next summer, and chose Princess Fuse (http://okamiworld.com/wiki/images/d/d1/Princess_Fuse.jpg) from Okami to cosplay as. The costume itself looks simple enough, just a modified kimono should do the trick.

What puzzles me are the floating orbs behind her. I'd like to include them in the costume somehow, but other than using wire to attach them to the back of the costume or just carrying them around, I can't think of anything.

9to5atthemorgue
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I saw a James cosplayer from Pokemon with a Koffing balloon. I thought it was adorable. It probably isn't the look youre searching for for that costume, but its just an idea.

Purple One
08-14-2010, 11:58 AM
That would actually be a really cute idea, if I could find balloons that managed to stay perfectly round.

Pazuzu
08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
What about those foil party balloons which, while not totally spherical, are at least round on the one side? If you can't get lucky and find them in solid colors, maybe they're paintable...

Dragon
08-16-2010, 05:02 AM
I recommend thos plastic /acryl balls one hangs into windows or something like that.

You can create a circle out of wire and directly 'knot' the balls into position as hey have a small holding on top. You can draw on them on the inside, to give them the right appearance and still have the 'shiny' effect.

Only thing left would be to attach them like a backpack to the costume :)

Squeaker-Ed
08-20-2010, 07:24 PM
That would actually be a really cute idea, if I could find balloons that managed to stay perfectly round.

Actually, there are balloons that when completely blown up, stay round for whatever they're used for. (Like when making pinatas?)