PDA

View Full Version : How much can I loose in 46 days?

amethystducky
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm currently 17.2 stone and I need to loose as much as possible in 46 days for a cosplay.

How can I loose a good ammount of weight healthly in this time?

I now exercise daily on one of those twisty pad things and do crunches. Will this get rid of fat or bulk up muscle?

sythe2010
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I really think that if you eat the same amount and don't do any more exercises, that doing crunches is only going to make that area bigger.

I would take a look at some of the stickies here. Try to lose about 2 pounds a week. Add in some cardio and also lifts some weights if you want to see an improvement honestly.

Kasinator
08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
ditch gadgets. pay for a good yoga mat and youtube ab ripper x. Read the stickies telling you how important it is to work your whole body instead of just crunches and start doing goood cardio every day. Read the simplified guide to nutrition and you will get your best results.:D

kmorch 215
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Portion your meals, eat less but more often(I think 6 times a day). Drink nothing but water, eat fresh fruits and do a lot of cardio. Just twisting and doing crunches will only make your stomach bigger because you'll be just gaining muscle under the fat and not burning it off.

distantarray
08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm currently 17.2 stone and I need to loose as much as possible in 46 days for a cosplay.

How can I loose a good ammount of weight healthly in this time?

I now exercise daily on one of those twisty pad things and do crunches. Will this get rid of fat or bulk up muscle?

depends on a lot of factors too many variables, starting weight, starting height, your dieting plan etc. Generally extremely obese people can drop 10-15 pounds within a first few weeks mainly because they're going to be dropping excess water weight. This won't be fat or muscle. After that 1-2 pounds a week is very good. But also depending on your knowledge, diet, and intensity level it can be VERY different.

Also if your taking supplements, pro hormones, steroids can also greatly effect your progress as well. ditch the idea of a scale and use a body fat analyzer to measure your REAL progress. In first 4 months of working out I lost NO weight, but body fat dropped 15%. Which was hitting the gym 5-6 days a week and actually LIFTING weights, and not sitting around talking to friends for hours on end.

Giant Alucard
08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
This man speaks the truth. I've been doing varied workouts going from muscle building for 2 months, then to cardio/crossfit this last month, and I've dropped about 50 lbs now (and 20% body fat.... last time I checked). But you have to keep in mind, I worked out 2 times a day, and was on a extremely strict diet. I more or less based this off of my Basic training days for the army, and it's been a brutal experience, but the results are rewarding. I still have more than 3 weeks to go, and wlthough I love the workouts at this point, I would destroy a all you can eat buffet given half a chance hahah. It'll take a lot of will power to keep youself on the right track, but it can be done. You may lose the weight, but you may not be "ripped" or toned just due to the weight loss, you still need time to build and hone those muscles, but you'll be thin if thats what you're going for.

amethystducky
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
So basically I'll be healthier but look the same thickness? Oh well. :[

distantarray
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
So basically I'll be healthier but look the same thickness? Oh well. :[

depends on what and how you do it, just cause you gain muscle doesn't mean you don't slim down. Remember muscle is MUCH more compact than fat. You can gain muscle and look 10x thinner and better shapely. You can also use muscle to enchance your figure and shape if you know which parts to work out and which ones to avoid :p