PDA

View Full Version : Jin Kisaragi's Yukianesa

XVparadox
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I just recently cosplayed as Jin but I never had the sword and in a couple of weeks I'm going to another con as him so I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to start and how to make one since I can't make one out of wood or anything too difficult or if anyone knows how to alter a sword to make it like his I would love to know how.

Devkyu
08-14-2010, 04:39 AM
I've had some practice making weapons out of pink insulation foam. Aside from making a huge pink mess everywhere, it's really easy to work with. However, I HIGHLY recommend using some sort of mask (even the cheapy surgeon masks will do) because you really don't want to breathe in the dust from it when you sand it down.

Another option if you have the time (and if they still carry it) is getting a wooden sword from FYE (the katana looking one) and just painting it.

XVparadox
08-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Alright thanks I'll try those.

Akarin-chan
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I took a store-bought plastic..."ninja-sword"...around Halloween time, and modified it via paint and craft foam to look like Yukianesa.

Only drawback, it was fairly short. So if you try that, buy two and cut them up and glue them together so you get the desired length.