PDA

View Full Version : Hair Product Review: Got2B Freeze Spray

KradsLover
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Disclaimer:I am not a professional stylist, I do not attend cosmetology school, I am self taught with all hair styling. My opinion is not that of a trusted and paid professional. I am not advertising these products, not truly. I just happened to buy them and I'm giving you my OPINION (which is always up for debate) on them. You don't have to go out and buy these if you do not want them. If you already own said products please leave me your comments on them, I'd like to know how they work for others.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/xoskittlesxoBABY/th_got2b_glued_spiking_freeze_spray_35.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/got2b freeze spray/xoskittlesxoBABY/got2b_glued_spiking_freeze_spray_35.jpg?o=1)

Name of Product: Got2b Glued Spiking Freeze Spray, 12 oz by Schwarzkopf & Henkel

Where Purchased: Walmart

Product Description: 'Freeze the style in place with got2b blasting FREEZE SPRAY. Spray through hair carelessly for that sexy, mess look ortwist tips into spikes for outrageous hold that will last until your next shampoo. Only for stuck up styles and extreme rock hard hair.' (From the package)

Pros:
Strong Hold
Works On Wigs
Easy To Use
Controls Frizz
Dries Quickly
Easy To Wash Out

Cons:
Bad Oder
Expensive
Makes Hands Sticky
Misleading Directions

Overall Rating: 8.5

Detailed Review
I don't normally use hair products for myself. I usually style other people's hair or I style wigs for cosplay. I've browsed many forums, tutorials, and FAQs of well known cosplayers, and all have said that the best thing to use for wig styling was Got2B, mainly this product and another (I will write a review once I've had a chance to use it).

For a while I avoided buying them, even though I really wanted to try them out. They are a bit pricey for me, though cheaper than the brands you find in actual salons and beauty stores. But for a college student with no job, you tend to not even want the cheap stuff. I went to WalMart today and found them on sale for about $4, when they're usually $7+.

The first thing I really noticed about it was the style of the bottle. It sorta reminds me of the foghorns people bring to football games. It's over all color is grey with a bright yellow label, it definatly gets your attention. It's easy to hold and to spray, and you should be able to tell where the nozzle is so you don't spray your eyes out.

I took it home and tried a bit on a piece of wig I have (cut from another wig and held together for testing stuff) and it made a very nice spike. I washed it, put some Got2B Spiking Glue on the wig strands and then blasted it with the Freeze spray and it made a very hard and SHARP spike. Extra nice. Especially for Kingdom Hearts wigs.

I then tried it on my own hair, to see how it differs from synthetic and real hai I saw how it instantly hardened. Though that is the desired effect by many users of this product, I thought it was a little misleading compared to the label. I tried for the "messy" look (since my hair is short enough), and the label says, "For that messy look, spray hair from root to end and massage with fingertips in a circular motion", I could not do that. My hair had instantly hardened and by the time I managed to even get my fingers IN my hair, everything was knotted, tangled, and VERY unnatractive.

If you're not doing a lot of hard spikes, you'd have to have your hair in the exact style before you even think of spraying. I pity those with very tall mohawks, you'd have to have someone help you gel it up and then spray it quicky before it falls over. The slightest kink will STAY kinked until you wash this stuff out.

Washing it out is easy, just make sure to actually use shampoo, don't go for the 'just rinse' method.
For wigs, be very careful when washing them out. I only reconmend using this spray for a wig that will keep ONE type of style, like a Sora wig for example.

The only thing I REALLY dislike about this product is the smell. It smells like any aersole spray, just like rubbing alchohol through a plastic straw. The smell worsens when it is in your hair, but I'm sure perfume or body spray will cover it up.

So all in all, Got2B Glued Spiking Freeze Spray is a good product. Perfect for rockers, mohawks, short hair styles, bikers, cosplayers, and even synthetic hair. If you have the money to buy this at WalMart/Wal-Greens (It IS one of the more expensive brands) I would recommend it.