PDA

View Full Version : How to store a wig

Onyx
09-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi this may have been asked many times before but I was just wondering the best way to store REALLY long wigs(godiva)? I would store them on a wig form but I do not have enough room to allow them the hang freely :waaaah: :lost: . Is there some way I can pin them up w/out causing kinks in the wig? Also is it ok to store them in the bags they came in for long periods of time?

Thanx in advance for any help :)

Hitomi chan
09-27-2003, 11:14 PM
In a wig shop the seller told me that you have to "fold" it and keep the hair inside the "bag" where you place the wig in your head.

Michela
09-27-2003, 11:35 PM
If you have any closet space, an easy and practical way to store a long wig is to hammer a small nail about halfway into the wall, high enough so the wig can hang freely, (I do it on the side so hangers and clothing won't get in the way) and simply hang the wig on it. It saves more space than storing it on a wig head and the wig remains in good condition.

Gren
09-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Someone's got a guide to storing long wigs in their gallery. It basically is along the lines of rolling the wig around a carboard tube or the like. Maybe you could do it around a peice of posterboard, then curl that around the wig form for nice, compact storage.

Onyx
09-28-2003, 01:36 AM
Thanx for all the suggestions, I never thought I'd get so many replies so fast :).

Gren, that is a great idea I never thought of doing it that way. I'll try that and if it doesn't work, well I can always try to clean out my closet o_O".

Thanx again