PDA

View Full Version : Hunk Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

W4RH0US3
08-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I didn't see a thread dedicated to Hunk so I guess I'll start it. I already have a Hunk cosplay, so if anyone needs any tips or advice you can talk to me I think I am qualified to give advice on this particular character

Captain Jack
08-11-2010, 01:21 AM
*sigh* HUNK Junior, when are you gonna drop that PASGT helmet and get yourself a MICH? You also still need MP5 pouches on your vest. ;)

Love ya, buddy. But I gotta give you a hard time.

The below is from my DA - I wrote a HUNK how-to. Oh, also: INB4 some idiot comes in here and tells you "Dur, you gotta go see the 'official' RE Cosplay thread!"

I get questions about this costume pretty often. Okay - all the time. I've recently realized just how many times I've types the same how-to for a single person, time and time again. I have decided to post a how-to right here, for all to see. If anybody asks me how to make this costume again - I'm going to link them here.

To make HUNK's newer costume, which he wears in Resident Evil 4, The Umbrella Chronicles and The Darkside Chronicles, you will need the following:

* Black MICH Ballistic Helmet
* British Army Avon S10 Gas Mask
* Black Balaclava
* Black Flight Suit
* Black and Tan Custom Load-bearing Vest
* Black Triple MP5 Magazine Pouch [2]
* Black Radio Pouch
* Radio
* Black "Bizarro" Pouch
* Black Hatch "The Operator" Gloves (Full forearm length)
* Black Wristbands
* Black Elbow Pads
* Black Duty Belt
* Black Thigh Holster
* Black Utility Pouch
* Black Respirator Pouch/Butt Pack
* Black Admin Pouch
* Black Drop-leg Strap
* Black Utility Pouch w/ mini Side Pouches
* Black Knee Pads
* Black Duty Boots
* HUNK's Custom TMP

You will need to do some customization on this - namely the gas mask, the LBV (load-bearing vest) and the (pointless) drop-leg strap. You might also choose to do some customization on your gun to make it more accurate. There are also several notes you should be aware of. All of this I will cover below!

THE GAS MASK

Check eBay for surplus of these. They're fairly easy to find at a decent price. New ones aren't cheap, though. To get the red lenses for HUNK's new look, you have a few options. The quickest, cheapest and easiest way is to buy some red window film and attach it straight to the lenses. I did this for a long time until a friend pointed out that HUNK's lenses were actually flat and more pronounced than the ones on the mask I wore.

For a more accurate effect, you can buy some red polycarbonate or clear polycarbonate (again with red window film), and carefully pop out the rims of the gas mask lenses. When you do that, you'll be able to swap out the round, clear default lenses with your nice new flat red ones. However this takes patience and a steady hand, as they're in there pretty damn tight.

The last option, which is the most expensive but also pretty easy, is to buy "outserts", which are basically a second pair of lenses that attaches to the rim of your gas mask lenses via a rubber mount. These can sometimes be found on eBay (UK eBay is easier to locate them on) and they aren't cheap. In fact, they're usually more expensive than the mask itself! It's really easy to apply red window film to the outserts as they effortlessly pop in and out of the rubber mounts. This is what I have in my newer pictures. It looks good, and it's really easy to remove them if you want to see something in natural lighting without taking your entire mask off.

Also, HUNK has a VPU (voice projection unit) on the front (mouth) part of his gas mask. These are EXTREMELY hard to come by, but making a prop one isn't. Use your imagination.

THE LOAD-BEARING VEST

This thing will take the most amount of work, surprisingly. If you aren't anal about 100% accuracy, you can really just wear the black LBV and look fine. If you are anal (like me), you have your work cut out for you.

The LBV should come with 4 magazine pouches on the chest and two grenade pouches near the front belt loops. All of these will have to be CAREFULLY seam-ripped off. After you've done that, you will need to attach two triple MP5 magazine pouches to the chest. This can be tough, as the material is too thick for most sewing machines. You can handstitch them on if you want, but it's still tough. I sewed some nylon MOLLE webbing onto my vest (an example of MOLLE webbing is here: [link]) and that way I could easily slip the mag pouches on since they were MOLLE compatible. If you aren't sure about compatibility, check with the retailer you're buying the magazine pouches from.

Make sure that your MP5 magazine pouches have plastic buckles on the fronts!

On the back of the vest, HUNK wears a radio in a black nylon pouch, which is taped into place on the left shoulder of the vest. Look for a big black motorola style walkie with a 6 or 7 inch antenna, or a replica. On his right shoulder he wears what I call the "Bizarro Pouch" because it doesn't exist in real life. No matter what anybody tells you about this pouch - unless they tell you it doesn't exist - they're lying. It's not a hydration pack. It's not a shotgun scabbard. It's not a map pouch. It just doesn't exist. However, a black hydration pouch is what I use because it looks close enough. You can always try to make one yourself!

Finally, you will need to remove the shoulder pads and use fabric paint to paint the entire thing tan (except for the nylon webbing running up the center). Take your time with this - it's easy. And don't paint the bottoms. No one will see it, and it might rub off onto your flight suit. You don't want that. If you look hard enough and spend a bit more money, you may be able to find tan shoulder pads, and either paint or replace the center piece of nylon to make it black. It's up to you. I painted my black shoulder pads tan, as I didn't want to buy another piece of the costume just to do more modifying anyways.

THE CUSTOM TMP

As far as HUNK's weapon goes, you're kind of going to have to compromise or do some custom work. Even if you can afford an airsoft TMP (and they aren't cheap - DO NOT BUY THE SPRING POWERED CHEAP ONE, IT'S TINY, NO MATTER WHAT THE ADVERTISEMENT SAYS), the TMP will still need considerable amounts of customizing to make look like HUNK's. HUNK's TMP has a squared off front end, whereas the real TMP has a sloping downwards front end. You might not think much of that detail, but it makes quite a visible difference. Secondly HUNK's TMP is NOT BLACK. It is (unrealistically) gunmetal. This is easy enough to accomplish with a paint job.

A similar gun, the MP7, can be found cheaper than the TMP and will take more customization. You'll need to fill in holes, remove one part of the stock, and do a lot more to make it accurate.

HUNK's TMP has a high-power LAM (laser aiming module) on the right rail. The laser has a pressure switch attached to the front grip.

One last detail - HUNK's TMP has a vertical grip, not a slanted grip like the standard one on the TMP.

(Note that in Umbrella Chronicles, HUNK's gun is slightly different. The LAM is part of the vertical grip, and there is no stock for some reason.)

OTHER TIPS

For the balaclava, try to find one that comes down to your chest so you don't have trouble keeping it tucked in.

Do NOT wear BDU's. Wear a flight suit. Or I will snap your neck.

Your utility pouches can be pretty much any type of tactical pouch. The first, worn on the back-right of the belt, is a little larger than the wallet. The second looks almost like a bincoluar pouch, and has teeny side pouches on it. This one is barely visible in-game because you see HUNK from the waist up and behind 90% of the time, and it is worn on the left hip.

You can Jerry-rig the "leg strap" using duffel bag straps for a good and cheap effect.

The best elbow/knee pads are Alta brand. They looks just like the ones in-game. Note: six eyelets on the knee pads, not more, not less.

Wear "boot bands" to blouse the bottoms of the legs of your flight suit, don't tuck them into the boots. Boot bands look and feel much better. Also, wear black socks! Nobody wants white socks showing under black gear.

Last, but certainly not least, do NOT wear Umbrella patches and/or an Umbrella ID. HUNK is part of a covert unit. His uniform bears no insignia whatsoever. If you wear Umbrella patches on your assault gear... I have a special place in Hell for you.

W4RH0US3
08-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Also if you have the cash, you can buy the kmp9r by KWA and customize it from there

W4RH0US3
09-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey i finally got the mag pouches. Uhm do you know of a glue that i can glue the mag pouches onto the vest?

Captain Jack
09-05-2010, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't glue them on if I were you. The nylon will eventually slip out. If you have a sewing machine, sew some MOLLE webbing onto the vest.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/486_1110071254_17.jpg

It's just nylon webbing sewn in about 1" increments. Then you use those thick nylon straps with the snaps on the back of the pouches to secure the pouches to the webbing on the vest. Kind of hard to explain. If you can stand to wait, I can show you what I mean at Anime LA, or at Mikomi Core if you go to that one.

W4RH0US3
09-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Ahh ok no believe it or not I get it uhm now where do I get molle webbing and those nylon straps and which wristbands did you use for the gloves?

Ps are you getting the kMp9 for hunk or ?

Captain Jack
09-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Nylon webbing can be bought at Joann, or any fabric store for that matter. Even Walmart probably has it. That's all MOLLE webbing is: nylon webbing sewn in 1" increments. Maybe 1.5" would be better though so it's not so hard to work with.

I think the brand of wristbands I have are called McAllen? Or something like that. They sell them at most sporting goods stores.

And yeah, I plan on buying the MP9, but I want to get it with real world markings. I'm waiting for RedWolf Airsoft to have on in stock again, because the one Airsoft GI has says "Cal: 6mm" and has airsoft markings on it.

W4RH0US3
09-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Wait so are you getting ksc or kwa?

Captain Jack
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
KSC.http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_KSC_KSC_MP9_SMG.htm

W4RH0US3
09-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Why are you buying it from redwolf?

Captain Jack
09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
The model on RedWolf has real world markings ("Cal: 9x19" and whatnot.) It looks better.

W4RH0US3
09-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Ok, I see but you should get it from here
http://www.Airsoftatlanta.com/airsoft_KSC_B_T_MP9_Gas_Gun_p/95003.htm
It lets you know when it is back in stock oh and in their salvage garden they also have a ksc mp9 there if thats of any interest. Oh also there is one on ebay for $275.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airsoft-KSC-MP9-gas-powered-m11-mp7-uzi-styled-SMG-/110580212217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bf1821f9

Killzer
10-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Interesting, but Captain JACK now I must give you a hard time. The proper gas mask, and harder one to find is the british SF10.

Captain Jack
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
The SF10 and the S10 look identical, save for the fact that you can put two filters on the SF10 - which would look wrong. Instead of a filter attachment on the right (like on the SF10), the S10 has a microphone attachment on the right.

Other than that, they look the same. Neither is more accurate than the other.

And technically, HUNK's gas mask doesn't exist. The closest thing is either the S10 or SF10.

W4RH0US3
10-04-2010, 01:27 AM
SO when are you planing on geting the MP9?

Killzer
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
1 thing though you can actually have the 2nd filter on the sf10 close up with the attachment that was handed out when issued. The sf10 actually comes with flat lens while the s10 came with a bit more rounded lens, but you figured that out after a while. And you should think about getting Matilda

W4RH0US3
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
1 thing though you can actually have the 2nd filter on the sf10 close up with the attachment that was handed out when issued. The sf10 actually comes with flat lens while the s10 came with a bit more rounded lens, but you figured that out after a while. And you should think about getting Matilda
You mean the VP70

Captain Jack
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I hate the VP70. That gun is uglier than sin. HUNK had a Deagle in RE2 in addition to his VP70, so I stick with the Deagle.

Vernedead
10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
What's going on in this thread?

The SF10 is just a no frills version of the S10. It doesn't have a drinking tube. The "flat lenses" are actually flash outserts that fit over the actual lenses.

ManiacMarshall
10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I hate the VP70. That gun is uglier than sin. HUNK had a Deagle in RE2 in addition to his VP70, so I stick with the Deagle.

Is this Deagle Brand Deagle perhaps... tiger stripe gold plated and chambered in .50 BMG?:bigtu:

Captain Jack
10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Is this Deagle Brand Deagle perhaps... tiger stripe gold plated and chambered in .50 BMG?:bigtu:

I wish. I could only afford a nickel plating. :blubber:

No, but srsly folks. Plain black IMI Desert Eagle. If you have to pick between an ugly gun and a silly gun, pick the one that puts bigger holes in things.

Killzer
10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
You mean the VP70

Still regardless the name he gives it is Matilda, but yea thats the VP70. And personally I love the VP70 especially if you have the stock for it. And as far as the lenses on the sf10 being just flash outserts do a little more research. They are just plain flash lenses, but you can buy the flash protective lenses still for the mask and replace them.

Captain Jack
10-07-2010, 01:05 AM
He meant the lenses on HUNK's mask, not the SF10, are flash outserts. That's why they appear to be pushed out more from the mask. HUNK wears custom red flash outserts. Still, you could go with the SF10, if you want to pay more money for a less useful mask.

Killzer
10-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Sorry, but it seems better to me, and you started commenting on another Hunk cosplayer outfit, so I decided I would to as well.

ManiacMarshall
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I wish. I could only afford a nickel plating. :blubber:

No, but srsly folks. Plain black IMI Desert Eagle. If you have to pick between an ugly gun and a silly gun, pick the one that puts bigger holes in things.

Why do you hate H&K so much? Why?

Is it the polymer frame? The heavier than ususal trigger pull? WHY?

Vernedead
10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Still regardless the name he gives it is Matilda, but yea thats the VP70. And personally I love the VP70 especially if you have the stock for it. And as far as the lenses on the sf10 being just flash outserts do a little more research. They are just plain flash lenses, but you can buy the flash protective lenses still for the mask and replace them.

Okay, let us know when you make your Hunk costume. I really want to see it now.

@marshal: I think its because he has the Deagle, and doesn't want a USP. also Hunk uses it in RE2.

Captain Jack
10-08-2010, 08:21 PM
As a rule, I love HK guns. I love pretty much every HK gun - at least aesthetically - EXCEPT the VP70.

@Vernedead: If HUNK had a USP, I'd be all over it. That's another gun I like. But yeah, the reason I have the Deagle is because it was either that or the VP70, if going by what he has in RE2.

On that note, in "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries" (coming out for Nintendo 3DS) HUNK appears to use a SIG 556, a Beretta 92SF, and some kind of pump-action shotgun. I've planned on getting the 556 for some time anyways, and have the 92SF already.

Just some more stuff to add to the HUNK arsenal, I suppose. Keep in mind the weapons he's seen with in RETM might just be placeholders.

W4RH0US3
10-09-2010, 03:05 AM
When I get my MP9 should I paint it gun metal? or Black is fine?

W4RH0US3
10-09-2010, 03:13 AM
As a rule, I love HK guns. I love pretty much every HK gun - at least aesthetically - EXCEPT the VP70.

@Vernedead: If HUNK had a USP, I'd be all over it. That's another gun I like. But yeah, the reason I have the Deagle is because it was either that or the VP70, if going by what he has in RE2.

On that note, in "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries" (coming out for Nintendo 3DS) HUNK appears to use a SIG 556, a Beretta 92SF, and some kind of pump-action shotgun. I've planned on getting the 556 for some time anyways, and have the 92SF already.

Just some more stuff to add to the HUNK arsenal, I suppose. Keep in mind the weapons he's seen with in RETM might just be placeholders.
Well HUNK might not necessarily use a 556 to start he could have found it

Vernedead
10-09-2010, 03:24 AM

I would just leave it black, but that's because I like to use my airsoft guns at the field, and gunmetal isn't tactical to me.

ManiacMarshall
10-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Does that new MP9 actually have a foregrip and side rail mounts, though? Looked to me thatthe buttstock was doing that whole "doubles as a foregrip for GANGSTAAAHH shooting" thing.

Did they just model the thing after the civilian model?

Captain Jack
10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
It does have a foregrip, and it's got one siderail on the right sight only:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_KSC_KSC_MP9_SMG.htm

I'll be adding one to the left side myself. The grip does fold in a way that lines up with the foregrip, but that does make sense as otherwise it'd kind of be awkward to hold if folded.

I'll also be putting rail covers on the top as HUNK doesn't have a tactical rail on the top of his gun, and hiding them is probably safer than trying to file them off.

That's up to you, really. The gun will look just fine with the costume in black, but technically in RE4 the gun was textured with a dark gunmetal. You can accomplish this by painting it gunmetal and then weathering it with some black shoe polish or even black paint used carefully.

Vernedead has a point about airsofting with it. You'd probably get chuckled at by fellow airsofters, at least until you explained to them that it's a replica from a game. At which point they'll either think it's cool, or they'll chuckle more. Keep in mind these are the same people who slap 8 magazines together on a G36 and call it a SAW, or play as a sniper because they want to get lots of kills. Airsofters can be a silly lot. If you don't care what they say, go for it.

But honestly, the gun looks good in black or in gunmetal. It just depends on what you want to do.

W4RH0US3
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok so now do you have a suggestion for another kind of boots, because I feel mine aren't like hunk's any more. Also do you know of the laser module that is on the right rail of hunk's gun?

Captain Jack
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah; hybrid (leather and nylon) duty boots, just like these: http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=&style=FW041

Those are the ones I have, and I believe they're exactly what HUNK wears.

HUNK's TMP has this laser: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_140&products_id=29245

But I'm sure you can find a cheaper version someplace. Try looking for battery box's for airsoft guns (they conceal an external airsoft battery, but look like laser units) as well.

W4RH0US3
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok that sounds good now do you have any recommendations on the pouches he wears?

W4RH0US3
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
on his waist

Captain Jack
10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I assume you mean the kind of square looking ones, and the one on the front of his left hip, yeah? The more square ones are pretty weird. I haven't seen anything quite like them in any tactical gear.

This would be close, but maybe a bit too big: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_159&products_id=31540

This is about the right size, but doesn't look quite right (still an awesome pouch IMO): http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_159&products_id=30020

This might be really good, and useful: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_159&products_id=30053

Obviously some model of respirator (gas mask) pouch or butt pack is worn on the center back of his belt. The items above would work for the pouches to the sides of his butt pack. Then there's the small pouch on the front left hip, which has mini side pouches.

I really can't find any tactical gear that looks quite right. Maybe look at some camera bags? if you find anything, lemme know. I still need that little sucker.

W4RH0US3
10-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Now his L shaped thing is the whole thing black including the straps?

Captain Jack
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Why don't you try playing the game? That way it's right in front of you.:rolleyes:

W4RH0US3
10-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Fiiine maybe I will

W4RH0US3
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Now you said earlier that Hunk's tmp doesn't have rails and you were gonna put rail covers on them. Do you know which ones you are gonna do?

W4RH0US3
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey in you list, you were saying its a good idea to use boot bands. I googled them, but where do they go in boot and the flight suit. Oh and can you show me a good example of the boot bands?

Thanks

Captain Jack
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
RE: Rail covers

I hadn't picked out a pair yet.

RE: Boot Bands

It's kind of hard to describe how to put them on, but I can show you next time we're at a con. This is what mine look like: http://www.qmuniforms.com/Product/boot-bands-grippers/Q89+36/?utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=GPS

ManiacMarshall
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Jack, dude, they sell much nicer blousing straps at the BX here. Those things you use cut into the ankle after prolonged use.

W4RH0US3
11-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh is anyone in the market for an S10?

W4RH0US3
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Sigh, ok I am currently on an expedition to find a VPU compatible with the S10. I have been looking day and night for it and I contacted Avon and they said that they don't have any here because they stop making it so they said they will get back to me and they also said that maybe the FM12 vpu might be compatible with the S10. Would FM12 accessories like that work with the S10?

Captain Jack
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
If Avon can't tell you, I definitely can't. I haven't got my hands on any FM12 accessories yet. I've looked everywhere too and can't find any S10 compatible VPUs these days. If you find any FM12 VPUs let me know. I'd be willing to give it a shot and let you know how it works out.

W4RH0US3
12-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey now for the handle is this a good one since you said that we will be removing the grip on his tmp, is this a good one? http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=27965

Leadmill
12-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I have somethings similar on my G36.They are really good.

I have heard mixed things with regards to ordering from Evike so be on your guard.

W4RH0US3
12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks but I was wondering if the grip I posted looked like the one hunk uses on his tmp

Captain Jack
12-25-2010, 02:41 PM
That one looks pretty good to me. But I think this one might be more accurate: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_115&products_id=33155

W4RH0US3
12-31-2010, 04:11 AM
Hey I just noticed um his left strap is no longer pointless
http://elmundotech.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/re_mercenaries_3d_hunk_psd_jpgcopy-large.jpg

Leadmill
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Is that official or fan art?

Vernedead
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
It looks like a fan render.

Captain Jack
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
It's an official render from Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D for Nintento 3DS.

Looks like a mag pouch to me. Or maybe it's just a dump pouch. 'Bout time they make it do something. I've checked all the other scans and images from the game and so far it looks like there are no additional changes to his costume.

EDIT: Other than the fact that they took off one of his thigh holster straps (probably used a different model as a base). Also, his weapons change with each render due to the player being able to choose weapons in the game, so don't get too hung up on specific weapons from RETM3D.

W4RH0US3
01-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah but hey now he uses a USP so I think your happy he's no longer subject to a VP70 right?

Captain Jack
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM
*Clears throat*

His weapons change with each render due to the player being able to choose weapons in the game, so don't get too hung up on specific weapons from RETM3D.

In short, he only uses a USP if you (the player) choose so. But yes. I hate the VP70.

W4RH0US3
01-03-2011, 02:59 AM
for that pouch how bout this but black?

ManiacMarshall
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
H&K wuz here.

Glock is a loser!

Captain Jack
01-04-2011, 02:31 AM
for that pouch how bout this but black?

How about what?

H&K wuz here.

Glock is a loser!

Word.

W4RH0US3
01-04-2011, 02:54 AM
my bad this sorry https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=4020 if it was in black which it is prolly somewhere

W4RH0US3
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Ok Captain I have decided to paint my custom tmp gunmetal. So how exactly did you paint your mp7 gunmetal and which gunmetal did you use?

Leadmill
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Glock is a loser!
I for one welcome our new hand grenade overlords.

ManiacMarshall
01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I for one welcome our new hand grenade overlords.

Glocks explode. You... throw them... Snake?

W4RH0US3
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Glocks explode. You... throw them... Snake?

Why do glocks suck?

Captain Jack
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Ok Captain I have decided to paint my custom tmp gunmetal. So how exactly did you paint your mp7 gunmetal and which gunmetal did you use?

I just went to Joann and got some gunmetal paint that they had there. Don't remember what brand, but I used a regular paintbrush to apply it. Make sure to shake up the paint really well first to mix it, or else it comes out pretty watery.

Vernedead
01-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Why do glocks suck?

It's not so much that Glocks suck. Its just that their is nothing that stands out about them. They were designed for people who HAVE to shoot, not necessarily want to shoot.

The myth about the "glockenade" was started from pictures of glocks exploding from very high pressure loads (glock is rated +P by the way.) and sense no one mentioned the kaboom was caused by shooting overpowered handloaded ammo people started calling them grenades.

The truth is lots of guns kaboom, its usually the users fault though.

This is coming from a 1911 owner, I'm just paid to shoot glocks at work.

So this is somewhat on topic, I plan to turn my retired RE4 Hunk loadout into a skirmishable airsoft loadout. I have a KWA MP9, and I plan on getting some Thunder B grenades. My S10 is already modified to stop BBs up to 550 fps.

ManiacMarshall
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Admittedly, Glocks aren't bad guns... I just prefer steel frames and slides. Hurts worse when you throw it at people after you run out of bullets.

Like Verne said it isn't a BAD gun, it's just the user more than anything. Same thing with limp wristing a pistol. Not the weapon's fault... unless it's Hi-Point.

Back on subject, I'm still trying to find my Israeli mask so I can modify that thing. I know you all love the S10 so much, but I'm telling you, get an Israeli model, cut some holes in it to fit it with whatever canister you need and bingo. Smaller eyehole ports, longer snout, everything.

...Sub-2000, Verne. Fired one about two weeks ago. I kinda like it. They're dirt cheap. What say you?

W4RH0US3
01-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Admittedly, Glocks aren't bad guns... I just prefer steel frames and slides. Hurts worse when you throw it at people after you run out of bullets.

Like Verne said it isn't a BAD gun, it's just the user more than anything. Same thing with limp wristing a pistol. Not the weapon's fault... unless it's Hi-Point.

Back on subject, I'm still trying to find my Israeli mask so I can modify that thing. I know you all love the S10 so much, but I'm telling you, get an Israeli model, cut some holes in it to fit it with whatever canister you need and bingo. Smaller eyehole ports, longer snout, everything.

...Sub-2000, Verne. Fired one about two weeks ago. I kinda like it. They're dirt cheap. What say you?

Israili gas masks are on ebay and can be found at most army navy surplus stores. Speaking of an isreali mask I used to have one for Hunk when I was starting the costume. I picked that one because of the fact that I needed it soon and I couldn't afford to buy an S10 at the time.

ManiacMarshall
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I realize this. I own one. I just can't friggin' find it. I also own an S10, but I'm planning on mirroring those lenses one day fo Umbrella Sanitation.

God what I wouldn't give for an Umbrella Sanitation uniform... though I think JD was wearing a stab vest...

Captain Jack
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
The guys over at ScifiHero did a lot of research on the Sanitation costumes, down to the wristwatches they wore. The stuff was simple, it's just it was weird. None of it really made sense. I think JD (or one of the others guys) actually wears one of those fat weightlifting belts made of leather. Weird shit.

The Israeli mask *can* work for HUNK but I think the eye holes are way too small. The perfect mask would be some weird hybrid between the S10 and the Israeli, really. Unless you just go by the RE2/Outbreak renders, where it's clearly a S10.

I still think the S10 is closer overall though. It's really up to personal preference. Hell, even the Canadian mask can be made to look not bad.

ManiacMarshall
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I saw that. But you know me and... sewing... yeah, no.

When I find mine, what I'm doing is fitting the threaded tubes from a paint mask onto the sides, painted black of course, to give it that three way look, and retain the snout. In RE2, they're definitely using S10s. But dem vests.... what the hell kind of vests is dem?

Captain Jack
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
The vest in RE2 is a custom bulletproof vest. There are a few models that look pretty similar, but nothing exactly like those.

Think this (w/o the mag pouches or neck guard): http://www.bulletproofvestshop.com/products/Tactical-Army-Rangers-Military-External-Bullet-Proof-Vest-Body-Armor.html

Or one of these (w/ wider shoulder straps): http://www.bulletproofbodyarmorhq.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24

There's nothing exact, but I'm sure that's the look they were going for. Considering the guys in RE2 weren't carrying spare mags or even sidearms, it's no wonder they got their asses kicked by G in stage 1.

Anyways, the RE2/Outbreak style vest is one I plan on adding to my portfolio. If you ever want one, lemme know.

W4RH0US3
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Say uhm does your flight suit have pockets at the back?

W4RH0US3
02-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey I went Joan fabric's yesterday(the one near me) and they didn't have gunmetal paint. I looked online and I found this do you think it would work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMC-2000-Johnson-Gun-Metal-Silver-Spray-Paint-0772727-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c13aa6c6QQitemZ11061 6028870QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear#ht_2 716wt_941

Captain Jack
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Eh.. It'd give you kind of a chrome look, which wouldn't look right. I would recommend you keep looking for gunmetal paint.

W4RH0US3
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I got some gunmetal spraypaint from an auto shop. The guy said to sand the gun first. What do you think?

Leadmill
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
It's common sense to sand before you paint something.

W4RH0US3
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Ok so now I have painted my mp9 gun metal, so now should i paint the magazine as well as the bolt that says 9mm on it to?

Captain Jack
02-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Yep. Just be advised you may need to touch up the paint on the mag as it will scrape off with repeated use. You'll also need to clean the inside of the grip as it will get little flakes of paint from the mag caught in it.

W4RH0US3
03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok so painting the gun is pretty much done so now would the rails on an mp7 work if I put them on the tmp?

Leadmill
03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Providing the holes have same spacing and diameter there shouldn't be a problem. The 20mm stuff tends to be universal.

balisong-cabbie
03-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Howdy!

Finally a dedicated page to hunk from RE series. Here is mine:

http://multiply.com/mu/cabbie82/image/1/photos/50/600x600/19/68872-430131338413-541293413-5075501-7361073-n.jpg?et=zrChAND8jb78l0AzMR6mqg&nmid=415688004

im gonna have to do some adjustments to the costume.

Hopefully more Hunk cosplayers come here.

W4RH0US3
03-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Howdy!

Finally a dedicated page to hunk from RE series. Here is mine:

http://multiply.com/mu/cabbie82/image/1/photos/50/600x600/19/68872-430131338413-541293413-5075501-7361073-n.jpg?et=zrChAND8jb78l0AzMR6mqg&nmid=415688004

im gonna have to do some adjustments to the costume.

Hopefully more Hunk cosplayers come here.

Great Hunk Cosplay

balisong-cabbie
03-21-2011, 12:47 AM
^ thanks.

I plan on going again in 2011.

W4RH0US3
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
^ thanks.

I plan on going again in 2011.

For the most part you have most of the costume down but, I think you should get a filter, a load bearing vest, and a holster like this http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_153&products_id=25144. But great job on the lenses!

balisong-cabbie
03-25-2011, 03:23 AM
yup I have that holster.

as for coveralls:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/mens-overalls-coveralls/walls-reg-men-s-cotton-twill-non-insulated-coverall-gray-109583899#

LBV
http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactical-gear/tactical-vest/us-navy-seal-cqb-lbv-modular-assault-vest-black

I lost my lenses, and plan on remaking them.

W4RH0US3
04-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Hey does anyone here have a spare S10 mask that I could buy?

W4RH0US3
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
HUNK has an alternative costume in mercenaries thought you guys should know.

balisong-cabbie
06-16-2011, 01:31 AM
HUNK has an alternative costume in mercenaries thought you guys should know.

Best bet is on ebay bud. Or if you have a army/navy store.

I got my s10 gasmask from ebay

W4RH0US3
06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Best bet is on ebay bud. Or if you have a army/navy store.

I got my s10 gasmask from ebay

I'm know thanks.

Leadmill
06-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Already working on an updated version of HUNK for August

W4RH0US3
06-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Already working on an updated version of HUNK for August

Can't wait to see it

Garfsan
06-25-2011, 05:09 AM
What do people suggest to use for HUNKS armour in RE2? I was gonna go with ranger body armour.

Leadmill
06-27-2011, 07:08 AM
I want to make HUNK's wrist blade but i'm not sure where to start.

Garfsan
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Wrist blade??

Leadmill
06-28-2011, 03:42 AM
HUNK has a wrist blade in the new Mercs 3D, already started working on a design. It's a new territory for me as my speciality with props are big, not use to intricate stuff.

Garfsan
06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Ohhh i see.

Never really saw him with a wrist blade tbh..

Leadmill
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Its a pain to design! Also sorting new pouches and an MP9 too. Got a proper shoot booked for Aya so looking to get it all done for then!

Captain Jack
07-12-2011, 10:54 PM
For HUNK's armor in RE2, it depends. If you want it to look exact, you go custom. This is the one I made:

http://www.cosblade.com/archives/202

If you want to go with something that looks similar but actually exists, there are a number of different bulletproof vests that look similar (with the should pads and adjustable sides).

In my opinion, Ranger body armor doesn't have the bulky shoulder look that HUNK's does. What I'm using for a film project is a SDU Level 4 Tactical Vest, but they're becoming really rare. The reason I use it is because it has a very similar look, but actually has mag. pouches on it (so it makes more sense).

Garfsan
07-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Right ok man thanks. I like the look of the link you gave me. Might go for that. And it looks like they can be removable too as Id like them without the pouches personally.

Also http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p388/HK-SDU-SAS-Level-4-Armor-Tactical-Assault-Vest/product_info.html

Grab it quick while its cheap!

Leadmill
07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Keeping a journal of progress here as the interface is better than Coscom
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/45701

Still working on the wrist knife, giving me all sorts of trouble. I don't think i'm going to be able to get it to flick and retract automatically, will have to manually for photos I think.

Leadmill
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Pics of updated kit
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=6073647706_792a90fe98_b.jpg
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=6073649106_fc83ef1fc9_b.jpg

Looking into doing his alt costume but not sure where to start.

W4RH0US3
08-31-2011, 06:01 AM
Pics of updated kit
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=6073647706_792a90fe98_b.jpg
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=6073649106_fc83ef1fc9_b.jpg

Looking into doing his alt costume but not sure where to start.

Great job when you say Alt costume do you mean his one mercenaries or the grim reaper one?

Leadmill
09-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Grim Reaper, i've already got started on my research and have a pretty good idea of whats needed.

More pics
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=agenthunk1.jpg
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=Agenthunk2.jpg

W4RH0US3
09-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Grim Reaper, i've already got started on my research and have a pretty good idea of whats needed.

More pics
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=agenthunk1.jpg
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/?action=view&current=Agenthunk2.jpg

How are you going to pain the mask white?

Leadmill
09-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Rubber paint blend I think

W4RH0US3
09-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Ok so I have decided that its finally time to work on my custom tmp. I have already severed the grip on mine. Now I just need to make the whole rail system. The thing that is puzzling me is that which grip I should use. I think it doesn't exist. Could you guys please give me some suggestions on this please thanks

Leadmill
09-09-2011, 05:41 AM
You would have been much better using the railed TP9 as a base for the project. Then all you would have needed to do was a close forgrip and cut down the flash hider to get it looking close.

W4RH0US3
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
You would have been much better using the railed TP9 as a base for the project. Then all you would have needed to do was a close forgrip and cut down the flash hider to get it looking close.

That I understand. From what I did I think I did a pretty darn good job of ridding the angeled grip. Its just that I need a grip that looks close to the one Hunk has on his tmp.

Leadmill
09-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Work so far
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1838.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1842.jpg

Garfsan
09-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Looks good my man!

W4RH0US3
10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Work so far
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1838.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1842.jpg

Incredible

Garfsan
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Holy crap, I just bought a pair of those exact boots! I just realised :D

Leadmill
10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Pouches started. Courtesy of Alias.com's awesome work :)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/pouch1.jpg

W4RH0US3
10-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Nice what are you going to do for the robe?

Leadmill
10-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Using a pattern taken from a jedi type robe, and a pattern for pj type trousers.

Leadmill
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Moar pouches!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/pouch2.jpg

Garfsan
10-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Wait...robe??

Leadmill
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
The pattern has a multitude of uses.....

Garfsan
10-09-2011, 02:59 PM
No more why is HUNK wearing a robe...?

Leadmill
10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Silly questions aside, further progress.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/1a.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/2a.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/3a.jpg

W4RH0US3
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey isn't Hunk's robe like Brown or something?

Leadmill
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
In the ref art the rendering is brownish, but in the game its black. The grim reaper doesn't wear brown...

Garfsan
10-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Well I don't like the costume myself, but I know you will make it look awesome so good luck with it!

Leadmill
10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Cheers, I quite like the concept art he has for ORC. If it's actually what features I might have a go at that too. I like MOLLE.

W4RH0US3
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I am sticking to my RE4 load out. I personally don't like his REORC kit.

Garfsan
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I haven't even seen it derp.

But when I get some money I'll be updating my RE2 HUNK, will also be nice to have an MP5 with it too.

Leadmill
10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/5_hunk.jpg
I really like it tbh. I mean to completley redo my HUNK mask anyway and prob sell the old one.

Also MOAR PROGRESS
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/11.jpg

W4RH0US3
10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I really like it tbh. I mean to completley redo my HUNK mask anyway and prob sell the old one.

Also MOAR PROGRESS
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/11.jpg

Thats what I am doing too but how are you gonna make it look like Hunk's real mask?

Garfsan
10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Wait...how did he have time to get the sample out...get to the drop off...change and then go back in and get out?

Still more I look at him more I like it and I will buy your mask Leadmill. :)

W4RH0US3
10-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey guys what do you call a Hunk(buff guy) in a Hunk load out?

Leadmill
10-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Thats what I am doing too but how are you gonna make it look like Hunk's real mask?
I'll use a dark acetate for the lenses, i'll prob reduce the lense size too. Custom make the filter and VPU.

W4RH0US3
10-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Well those are given but I was asking how are you going to make the shape of the mask?

Leadmill
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm going to use an S10 as a base, as the basic shape fits, including the bridge line down the centre.

W4RH0US3
10-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm going to use an S10 as a base, as the basic shape fits, including the bridge line down the centre.

Oh did the VPU on your old mask work?

Leadmill
10-14-2011, 03:06 AM
No, it was just a replica. Didn't really see the point of going to the expense of modding a real one to fit.

W4RH0US3
10-14-2011, 12:04 PM
No, it was just a replica. Didn't really see the point of going to the expense of modding a real one to fit.

Ok then as for the mask what are you going to make it out of

Leadmill
10-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Haven't decided yet. Gonna finish this version first.

Leadmill
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
First test of the kit sans cross belt/weapons/pouches.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1883.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1885.jpg
As you can see it's a bit tight (fat bastard!), so it's going to be remade learning lessons from the first. Going to use a black/brown twill this time which is a heavier weave too.

Leadmill
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Remake is nearly done. Using a heavier material with a slightly diff colour. Hopefully will look much better.

Leadmill
10-22-2011, 03:55 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1894.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1886.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/100_1893.jpg

W4RH0US3
10-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Hey Leadmill I saw you on the evike halloween contest

Leadmill
10-27-2011, 03:46 AM
Really? Where? I have no recollection entering that.

W4RH0US3
10-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Really? Where? I have no recollection entering that.

Are you sure because I see your exact costume with the exact gun you used in your cosplay. If you have facebook, go to airsoft evike.com and then go to Halloween contest, like it, then click see entries and then scroll down and click page 10 and your costume should be on the top.

Leadmill
10-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Holy shit, the bastards! Thanks for heads up man. I'll take it up with Evike!

Entered myself though! Vote for me! I'm on page 11!

Also here is a pic of the finished project. Sorry image is washed out. I scanned a printed photo and my scanner is from the Jurrassic era...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/HUNKNEO.jpg

crazyeye72985
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
i love that dude...the white mask is different

Leadmill
11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Going to attempt this version next
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/196px-HUNKOP.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/633px-HUNKvsWILL.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/633px-HUNKalien.jpg
Anyone got any idea what kind of knee pads, molle vest and back unit he's using?

W4RH0US3
11-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Back pack I think is this some kind of hydration pouch

Leadmill
11-05-2011, 04:21 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/633px-HUNKcontact.jpg
Cheers, as for vest i'ved asked 4 different mates who are pretty good with US kit and i've got 4 different answers. Hmmm more research is needed. But I do like this design so I will persevere. The case will have to be a custom job too.

Garfsan
11-06-2011, 12:15 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/633px-HUNKcontact.jpg
Cheers, as for vest i'ved asked 4 different mates who are pretty good with US kit and i've got 4 different answers. Hmmm more research is needed. But I do like this design so I will persevere. The case will have to be a custom job too.

Also thanks for this screen! Gives me a good look that they haven't changed Beltway much.

I will say about the white mask... is it looks too white :/ Otherwise as always you rock as HUNK :)

Leadmill
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Also thanks for this screen! Gives me a good look that they haven't changed Beltway much.

I will say about the white mask... is it looks too white :/ Otherwise as always you rock as HUNK :)
Thanks man, I thought the same about the mask but i'm no expert at airbrushing, so I thought it safer to leave it white than attempt to "stain" it as it were.

Found some more pics of it. Taken sans boot blade as it was difficult to walk in.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/6316612544_e96eaaa142_b.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/6316097251_5af6931c89_b.jpg

Putting together a Operation Raccoon City group for Kita if you are interested?

Garfsan
11-06-2011, 04:24 PM
April next year eh? In Brum. Sounds like a Plan. Hopefully I can gain employment by then. If not as Beltway, I could be someone else.

This might sound weird, but with the mask. You can get washes for 40k models, that is what I think is the needed thing for the mask imo.

Leadmill
11-07-2011, 03:35 AM
http://www.kitacon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2630
So far we have a couple of people interested in Vector, a Spectre, and Ada and a Leon. As people decide what they want to do I think numbers will grow.

Working on getting the vest and case sorted first for the ORC Hunk, so should be done by Kita.

Leadmill
11-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Looking at the lastest video it looks like HUNK is using a G36K, which isn't a bad thing :)
Also what pistol is this?
It looks a bit like an M9, but the angel is bad.

Lost Cause
11-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Looking at the lastest video it looks like HUNK is using a G36K, which isn't a bad thing :)
Also what pistol is this?
It looks a bit like an M9, but the angel is bad.

That's a SIG, isn't it?

Leadmill
11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Could well be, pistols are not my forte alas, P226 or P228?

Lost Cause
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Looks like a 226, given how long the slide is.

Leadmill
11-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Righto, will try and source one. How goes everyones progress?

W4RH0US3
12-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey guys Hunk has stealth camouflage

Skullhunter500
12-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey guys Hunk has stealth camouflage

^ LOL!!!!

Garfsan
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
YUP

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/heroes-mode-resident-evil/725011

Trailer proving it. And also funnily they have a "Legendary helicopter pilot". Even though every helicopter pilot dies in RE games...

Skullhunter500
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
YUP

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/heroes-mode-resident-evil/725011

Trailer proving it. And also funnily they have a "Legendary helicopter pilot". Even though every helicopter pilot dies in RE games...

Well... HUNK takes Vectors abilities for that mode... and only that mode lol. He doesnt fight berkin while in active camo HAHAHA even tho that would be cool!! =)

Leadmill
01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Construction has started on HUNK's case by Xaereal. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

nekosensei
02-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I have maybe a dumb question, but how does the radio attach to the back? Do you need a pouch, or is there a place for it on the vest? I haven't received my vest yet.

W4RH0US3
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
I have maybe a dumb question, but how does the radio attach to the back? Do you need a pouch, or is there a place for it on the vest? I haven't received my vest yet.
It is duck taped to his left strap on his back. Buy some yellow tap and strap on the radio to his left shoulder strap on his back
Welcome to the Hunk thread

Leadmill
02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
On the figure I have the duct tape is silver, so that's what I used.

W4RH0US3
02-05-2012, 03:31 AM
On the figure I have the duct tape is silver, so that's what I used.

No I am pretty sure it is yellow even on the figure

Leadmill
02-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Mine is slightly different.

nekosensei
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Ah I see. Thank you! Also that figure is very helpful for reference as well :)!

Leadmill
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Work in progress on my ORC mask.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/20120407_210338.jpg
And case
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/reorccasecom.jpg

i am Woll Smoth
04-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey guys been a while since ive been on here. actually deployed right now so now HUNK improvements for me. I saw people were wondering what vest he uses in ORC... that resembles a US Army vest called an IOTV... to be honest i forget what it stands for. we have them in multicam but you should def. be able to get a mock off in black or something. as for the back on his back... u can find a pouch identical to that on High Ground Tacticals website. I bought one for an actual radio I use in country... once again in multicam. hope this helps. wish i could mess with my cosplay back home. hey CaptainJack... hows your movie coming along? i asked you about it at least 2 years ago and im still pretty interested in seeing how it came along. Thanks

W4RH0US3
04-15-2012, 01:49 AM
And case

OMG THAT's Awesome

W4RH0US3
04-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Hey guys been a while since ive been on here. actually deployed right now so now HUNK improvements for me. I saw people were wondering what vest he uses in ORC... that resembles a US Army vest called an IOTV... to be honest i forget what it stands for. we have them in multicam but you should def. be able to get a mock off in black or something. as for the back on his back... u can find a pouch identical to that on High Ground Tacticals website. I bought one for an actual radio I use in country... once again in multicam. hope this helps. wish i could mess with my cosplay back home. hey CaptainJack... hows your movie coming along? i asked you about it at least 2 years ago and im still pretty interested in seeing how it came along. Thanks

Hey aren't you the one with a video of your Hunk cosplay on Youtube?

i am Woll Smoth
04-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Yes indeed. Yea i made that one awhile ago with only the shit i could find locally. dont really have a workshop to custom make stuff so that was my best first attempt

cosmo_kraemer
04-16-2012, 05:21 AM
And case

dude that case is pretty what did you use for the base of it. and do you have WIP pix of it also. and keep it up lookin really good

cosmo_kraemer
04-16-2012, 06:07 AM
And case

veery nice on the case leadmill was wondering what you used for the base of it???

W4RH0US3
04-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes indeed. Yea i made that one awhile ago with only the shit i could find locally. dont really have a workshop to custom make stuff so that was my best first attempt

Well its not bad for a first attempt but you don't need a workshop in order to improve your cosplay

cosmo_kraemer
04-22-2012, 05:55 AM
well my S10 came in today and it is in good shape. i also started making my own VPU for it. not sure how it looks. i may not run with it but want to know what you all think...
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/47652110150707771743477.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/47652110150707771743477.jpg/)
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4536/45767810150707771353477.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/45767810150707771353477.jpg/)

Leadmill
04-22-2012, 04:04 PM
You don't need a workshop in order to improve your cosplay
But a workshop is really useful though :D

cosmo_kraemer
04-22-2012, 09:29 PM
yes shops are a must. i have 2 types that i use. i have the foam cutting and sewing one. and then down in th garage is where all the bondo, and fiber glassing stuff is done.

Leadmill
04-23-2012, 04:41 AM
Garage is where is where I do all my work. Full of useful equipment and power tools. Including stuff I don't remember getting!

W4RH0US3
04-24-2012, 12:27 AM
well my S10 came in today and it is in good shape. i also started making my own VPU for it. not sure how it looks. i may not run with it but want to know what you all think...
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/47652110150707771743477.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/47652110150707771743477.jpg/)
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4536/45767810150707771353477.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/45767810150707771353477.jpg/)

Nice does it work?

ManiacMarshall
04-24-2012, 12:37 AM
...they let you own power tools in England?

cosmo_kraemer
04-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Nice does it work?
as a VPU no it makes me sound like i have a deeper voice but thats to me when i wear it. and i drilled holes in it so i can still xhale thru it. its made with a spray paint lid and craft foam.

W4RH0US3
04-25-2012, 01:33 AM

Welcome back

Leadmill
04-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Indeed they do. I've about $10k worth of equipment sourced over the years.

W4RH0US3
04-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Thanks man, I thought the same about the mask but i'm no expert at airbrushing, so I thought it safer to leave it white than attempt to "stain" it as it were.

Found some more pics of it. Taken sans boot blade as it was difficult to walk in.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/6316612544_e96eaaa142_b.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/6316097251_5af6931c89_b.jpg

Putting together a Operation Raccoon City group for Kita if you are interested?

Where did you get the gloves from? Or how did you make the pattern?

Leadmill
04-27-2012, 04:27 AM
The pattern was painted on freehand mate.

W4RH0US3
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
The pattern was painted on freehand mate.

What did paint did you use to paint the gloves?

cosmo_kraemer
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
hey W4RHOUS3 i was wondering did you get ur lenses on ebay. if not can you share were. there is one guy on ebay and its crazy how much they want for them.

Leadmill
04-28-2012, 04:25 AM
I can't remember the type of paint now as it was a while back, but it needed a few coats to make sure it doesn't crack while gloves are being worn.

W4RH0US3
04-28-2012, 04:27 AM
hey W4RHOUS3 i was wondering did you get ur lenses on ebay. if not can you share were. there is one guy on ebay and its crazy how much they want for them.

Yeah I got them from Ebay

Vector.
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Quick question if anyone can help with this part

Im making my VPU now for my gas mask. Using a small tin opened on both ends, then lid stuck back on the front and strainer stuck onto this. I could get this made pretty quickly but Im having a little trouble with this part. I want to cut the middle out of the lid so the strainer sits in that level with the lid instead of sticking above it. Right now it looks like this:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6786/p1050151x.jpg

I dont want it to stick up like that. I need to cut around this part of the lid to allow the strainer to sit in:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2709/p1050152x.png

Problem is Im not sure how to cut this part out. A hand saw obviously cant get into the middle and I dont really know what to use for this. Only thing I could think of was drilling a hole in the lid and sticking a jigsaw in it but I dont really want to have to do that. I havent used one before and Im not even sure it would work

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate working with metal..

dreiv330
05-02-2012, 05:35 AM
Does anybody know where to find the tan shoulder pads? I've been looking all over for them.

W4RH0US3
05-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Does anybody know where to find the tan shoulder pads? I've been looking all over for them.

Where ever they are available these days they are usually outta stock best bet is to buy the vest and take the pads of that

Leadmill
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Debuting my RE:ORC HUNK end of this month, looking forward to it.

W4RH0US3
05-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Debuting my RE:ORC HUNK end of this month, looking forward to it.

Can't wait to see

cosmo_kraemer
05-03-2012, 01:50 AM
nice Leadmill cant wait to see it.im workin on on ORC hunk myself just takein so long to do lol. i want to find the right lenses but dont want to spend 65 for them thats just crazy.

Leadmill
05-13-2012, 05:36 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/20120513_205855-1.jpg

cosmo_kraemer
05-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Case looks epic Leadmill. what you use for the base. and im happy but mad just got my red lenses but cost be about 70 bucks. now to get all my other add-ons for my ORC Hunk build.

Leadmill
05-30-2012, 07:16 PM
The case was made from a wooden base, and shelled with heat formed sintra. Hi intensity LED's (8 in total) powered by 4 AA batteries.

Element One
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM
This was some of my shots taken of my cosplay of HUNK during c2age.

http://i.imgur.com/W7639.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6WQ26.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0QzkW.jpg

cosmo_kraemer
05-31-2012, 06:22 AM
nice very nice leadmill for the plastic shell did u vac form it. and still cant wait to see ur ORC hunk. just got a few more parts for mine like my MP5 mags and pouches. hydration pack. and my UCBS Standard issue. cant wait to see what you did for some of the things i am tryin to figure out.

Leadmill
05-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks man, it would have been debuted already but just wasn't happy with it. Under vest and tac vest top both need work. Not a massive task but a pain nontheless. So an event in two months time will be it's first blood. Watch this space for updates :)

cosmo_kraemer
06-01-2012, 02:43 AM
will do man mine i have to get it done for AX in about a month. im hoping to do th eunder vest this weekend. and i just got my OD shoulders. will hope to post pix of what i got soon maybe just laid out tho not on

W4RH0US3
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
will do man mine i have to get it done for AX in about a month. im hoping to do th eunder vest this weekend. and i just got my OD shoulders. will hope to post pix of what i got soon maybe just laid out tho not on

You are going to AX cool see you there

cosmo_kraemer
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
yep and my wife is the one doing four eyes.

W4RH0US3
06-03-2012, 04:10 PM
What days will you be going?

cosmo_kraemer
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
We should be doin RE on sat and then doing Halo on sunday.and my wife is Psyco_kitty

W4RH0US3
06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
We should be doin RE on sat and then doing Halo on sunday.and my wife is Psyco_kitty

Ok there is a gathering for this on saturday may I put you down?

cosmo_kraemer
06-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Yes you may, and my wife is already on it. not sure if you have changed her from Lupo to Four Eyes tho. she had been asking to be changed a while ago. Also small update, got my 6 Mags in and also my UCBS Standard issue. just waiting on my red lenses and hydration to come in right now. still a few things i need to get tho. did a dry run and wife and friend said it was lookin good.

Vector.
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I finished my VPU finally (based on his RE4 version) Its not perfect but its not bad for me considering I cant really make anything from scratch

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3161/p1050241w.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5736/p1050243wz.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5990/p1050245w.jpg

Now my costume is fully complete, only thing I need to do is get the right colour of paint to paint around the bottom of the vpu on the mouth piece that yellowishy greeny brownish colour then its totally finished

W4RH0US3
06-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I finished my VPU finally (based on his RE4 version) Its not perfect but its not bad for me considering I cant really make anything from scratch

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3161/p1050241w.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5736/p1050243wz.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5990/p1050245w.jpg

Now my costume is fully complete, only thing I need to do is get the right colour of paint to paint around the bottom of the vpu on the mouth piece that yellowishy greeny brownish colour then its totally finished

Nice job

cosmo_kraemer
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
yes so happy got my lenses in today. odd thing tho they smell like cinnamon. um im pissed about AX's weapons policy's. but i can use my Standard issue for SDCC tho. so i hope to soon have a pic up for you all to judge it for me

W4RH0US3
06-07-2012, 02:02 AM
yes so happy got my lenses in today. odd thing tho they smell like cinnamon. um im pissed about AX's weapons policy's. but i can use my Standard issue for SDCC tho. so i hope to soon have a pic up for you all to judge it for me

Standard issue as in samurai edge?

cosmo_kraemer
06-07-2012, 02:23 AM
No not the STARS Standard issue the UCBS which is the P226. and it sucks cuz we cant bring any Airsoft to AX. and did you add me to AX list and also change Psycho_ Kitty to Four Eyes not Lupo yet?

W4RH0US3
06-07-2012, 03:44 AM
No not the STARS Standard issue the UCBS which is the P226. and it sucks cuz we cant bring any Airsoft to AX. and did you add me to AX list and also change Psycho_ Kitty to Four Eyes not Lupo yet?

I will now

cosmo_kraemer
06-07-2012, 04:10 AM
ok kool thanks w4rhous3 and found my balaclava today so one less thing i have to buy again.

W4RH0US3
06-08-2012, 02:48 AM
ok kool thanks w4rhous3 and found my balaclava today so one less thing i have to buy again.

What kind did you buy?

cosmo_kraemer
06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
i have had this one for a long while i had just found it stashed away in the room all my airsoft gear is in.

cosmo_kraemer
06-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Well most of my ORC Hunk is in. still missing a few parts that get in on monday i hope.

cosmo_kraemer
06-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Well here are my almost 100% pix. i have a few more things to sew, well the wife does and then i will try to get some good pix taken soon. but plz let me know what you all think.....
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7349/88487158.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7215/81960605.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9251/27929270.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4506/26109609.jpg

Garfsan
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Looking good man!

Vector.
06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Here is my finished costume

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4251/p1060337w.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6403/p1060306w.jpg

The vpu makes a big difference to it overall, Im glad I decided to make it

Garfsan
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Question about classic HUNK(RE2)

Gonna use this for the helmet, as I feel it looks close to the ones in the FMV.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWISS-EYE-TACTICAL-TRAINING-OPEN-FACE-HELMET-HEAD-PROTECTION-AIRSOFT-BLACK-MATT-/280836463497?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4163285b89

I have a PAGST helmet but I dont think that fits with him.

Leadmill
06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I like it!

Garfsan
06-27-2012, 09:23 PM
The helmet idea?

Leadmill
06-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Indeed

Garfsan
07-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Awesome, just hope it fits!

Garfsan
07-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Although I have ordered a HUNK RE2 vest, I am going to use this until I get it which can also be a base for lots of other things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Combat-Modular-Military-Airsoft/dp/B0089ESVRS/ref=reg_hu-rd_dp_img

Got the mask and boots already and the grey BDUs/boilersuit as well.

Would using any of the weapons he had in 4th survivor be alright or must it be the MP5?

Added some new pics of my new updated costume.

Leadmill
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Pics of my finished ORC HUNK
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/death-may-die/Leadmill%20HUNK%20nades/DSC05808.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/death-may-die/Leadmill%20HUNK%20nades/DSC05821.jpg
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/death-may-die/Leadmill%20HUNK%20nades/DSC05995.jpg
Rest can be found here - http://leadmill.deviantart.com/

Captain Jack
10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
It's great to finally see pics of that ORC loadout, Leadmill! It came out awesome!

Leadmill
10-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks man. Much appreciated :D

Couple more pics!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/last_stand_by_leadmill-d5dsi0f.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/6.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/2.jpg

Captain Jack
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
There's an awesome HUNK build of a One Sixth Warrior that this one guy did.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_Deckard/Macross_SDF-1/Resident_Evil/HUNK/DSCF3676.jpg

The rest of the images can be found here: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/81979-custom-ht-resident-evil-4-hunk-leon-rpd.html

I've been thinking of doing a cosplay of that outfit. It's gonna be an expensive build, but every time I look at it, I wanna bring it to life.

W4RH0US3
10-26-2012, 03:47 AM
I have Hunk's mask and TMP as pepakura files I am working on them as we speak....

Kwonkicker
10-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Been reading through the thread as I want to try and go as HUNK for next year's Comic Con. Question: For HUNK's Raccoon City outfit is it virtually the same as in his RE4 or Darkside Chronicles outfit? If there are any differences what are they?

W4RH0US3
10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Been reading through the thread as I want to try and go as HUNK for next year's Comic Con. Question: For HUNK's Raccoon City outfit is it virtually the same as in his RE4 or Darkside Chronicles outfit? If there are any differences what are they?

HUNK's outfit is considerably different from his RE4 and darkside outfit. The vest is different, the holster is different, and the whole mask set up is different.

Kwonkicker
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
HUNK's outfit is considerably different from his RE4 and darkside outfit. The vest is different, the holster is different, and the whole mask set up is different.

So what is the exact difference and is it really intricate?

Also I've been stuck on this for a whole but is this his ORC get up:

http://www.biohazardfrance.net/NEWS_IMAGES/RE_OPERATION_RACCOON_CITY/2011.10.31/art_HUNK.jpg

Or his standard outfit for various games?

Leadmill
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Owlzilla/hunk___operation_raccoon_city_by_leadmill-d5jricr.jpg

Captain Jack
11-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Kwonkicker, HUNK's outfit in ORC is a new take on his design. It's similar to his RE4/Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles look, but with a slightly more modern twist. He's now up to four different in-game costumes:
1. Classic (RE2)
2. Classic w/ more details (RE Outbreak)
3. RE4/Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles (I call this one "Mercenary" since it debuted in Mercenaries mode)
4. ORC

W4RH0US3
11-18-2012, 10:02 PM
http://w4rh0us3.deviantart.com/#/d5lgelz
Hey check out what I have i am making Hunk's mask

NakedGiob
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here. I saw the post here and I thought you may be my Holy Graal of salvation :D
I have a few questions:
1)Where can I buy red window film and what's the best way to attach them to the lenses?
2)I saw gas mask come in different sizes (1,2,3,...). How can I understand which size I can buy?
Sorry if I repeated a question you already answered, but I'm not good with english

DarkSavage101
02-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm new as well.
NakedGiob, there should be a size conversion chart that you can use, my mask is a size 1 and it fits perfectly. I'm also curious on how to color the lenses; I sent an email to Avon asking about outserts, I have an FM12 mask; so I'm waiting on their reply. Concerning Hunk's rig from Operation Raccoon City (the style that I'm going to use) it almost at first looked like he had a pack radio until I saw that he just tapped his radio in place, something my old army sergeant would have beaten me for. My g/f was a marine (yes, yes; grunt and a marine; joking to ensue...) and we both looked at his rig and it looks almost like a camelback carrier. At least one of the bigger ones, and Captain Jack, your bizzarro pouch looks like one of the newer shotgun shell pouches made by molle; but my thinking is that's too weird to put it on your back, so it could be a tear-away medical pouch, also done by Molle.

Just my thoughts, I'll start trying to post some pics as I get my cosplay put together, we've got a comicplaooza here in May.

W4RH0US3
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
You can use red window film

DarkSavage101
02-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Would I put the film on the outside of the lens or on the inside? I've never done something like this before so pardon me being a bit of a noob. The lenses have a bit of a rise near the center of the mask, I'll have to fiddle with it, thanks W4RH0US3!

W4RH0US3
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh hey sorry lately I don't go on here that often but put the film on the outside

NakedGiob
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Thank you :D
I managed to find an S10 gas mask with red lenses on ebay, so I'm ok with that. Sadly, due to the lack of money I'll have to do lots of compromises, like using an MP5 instead of a tmp (something CptJack would kill me for), but I think I may do something acceptable. Anyways, I'm doing the ORC cosplay, so isn't the PASGT more appropriate than a MICH (http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/thumb/2/23/Umbrella-hunk.jpg/318px-Umbrella-hunk.jpg)?

DarkSavage101
03-08-2013, 03:25 PM
That's what I'm basing mine on, I'll be using an MP5 as well; I'm trying to find all the molle gear that appears on his vest

Concerning Hunk's rig from Operation Raccoon City (the style that I'm going to use) it almost at first looked like he had a pack radio until I saw that he just tapped his radio in place, something my old army sergeant would have beaten me for. My g/f was a marine (yes, yes; grunt and a marine; joking to ensue...) and we both looked at his rig and it looks almost like a camelback carrier. At least one of the bigger ones, and Captain Jack, your bizzarro pouch looks like one of the newer shotgun shell pouches made by molle; but my thinking is that's too weird to put it on your back, so it could be a tear-away medical pouch, also done by Molle.

I've been looking around online and finding different pouches; one site I use is Rap4, it's a paintball equipment site, but it has decently priced pouches. Redwolf Airsoft is another good one that Captain Jack suggested, and believe it or not, Amazon has some equipment that's easy on the budget.

USS GCBlazer
03-12-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm a noob too, but I've been stocking up on my HUNK cosplay since Nov '12. I just need the triple mp5 mag pouches, the utility belt pouches, and his Hatch Operator gloves.

My model has been a mix of Mercenaries/ORC/Custom HUNK, which includes (hopefully) the Hidden blade from Mercenaries and (now) Raid Mode in RE: Revelations. I tried to do the ORC but his back and his vest is quite complicated from his past costume.