PDA

View Full Version : Giant American Flag?

Vasooki
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I want one that's like... high school Colorgaurd sized, if possible. Does anyone know where I might be able to find that, that's not like... a bajillion dollars? :) Thanks so much!

America~!

Ends Beginning
08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Well I don't know about Giant flags, but 3'x5' flags are real easy to get. tehir fairly cheap to.
This is where I order all my flags from.

http://www.united-states-flag.com/wofl3fprpo.html

TrannyMess
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Like Ends Beginning said, 3x5 flags are easy to find. I don't think going any larger than that is a good idea because larger flags are more difficult to handle. Usually, you can buy a 3x5 American flag at Walmart and it comes with a flag pole with an eagle on top. If not, there are a bunch of places you can get them online.

I got my Canadian flag and Prussian flag here: http://myworld.ebay.com/onewikedclown/

My other flags (American, St. George's Cross, and Union Jack) were all purchased at stores in the country they belong to.

I would also suggest getting a flag pole if you will be bringing it to a convention and looking up flag etiquette if you are unfamiliar with it. You don't have to go all out and learn how to fold it properly and such but showing respect for flags is always a good idea. You never know who you might offend.

Ends Beginning
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
@ TrannyMess - <3 thats all

Yeah I keep all my flags hanging from my wall by thumbtacks in the brass loops. Their high enough that they never touch the ground and when I am using them for a con I bring a dowel rod to use a flag pole (since the cons I go to metal of any sort isn't allowed). When I put them on the dowel rod I use zipties they hold really wel and are easy to remove after. All of my flags have been ordered from the site I linked in my above post.
I have:
Swedish Flag
German Flag
Russian Flag
USSR Flag
Swiss Flag
Austrian Flag

On their way at the moment:
Finnish Flag
Danish Flag

Planning to Order:
French Flag
Norwegian flag
Icelandic Flag
Oh heck pretty much any flag I'll order XP

I collect and love flags. So if you ever are thinking about getting rid of your flag I will offer up tp adopt it. XD

Ironhill
09-03-2010, 08:00 AM
4X6 is also a standard size flag that is commonally available, esp. in the summer. Anything bigger might not be allowed at cons. Most have rules on props.

Ends Beginning
09-03-2010, 09:30 AM
4X6 is also a standard size flag that is commonally available, esp. in the summer. Anything bigger might not be allowed at cons. Most have rules on props.

Yes most cons do have rules. Mostly cons don't allow live steel or any metal at all, guns with moving parts, props that are over a certain weight/height.
Normally cons have their own set of rules and the best thing to do is read the rules for the con you are going to or get in contact with security staff.
Personally I haven't had a problem using my 5x3 flags at any of the cons I go to. (all new england cons) I mean as long as your respectful to the people around you there won't be a problem.
Like example:
When your walking throught the hall don't wave your flag around. Roll it up on it's pole or fold it up.
Also respect your flag:
Don't drag it on the ground or leave it on the ground.
Also flags are not blankets or tarps and shouldn't be used in such a manner.
If you flag accidentally touches the ground thats fine, no reason to freak out.
^-^