PDA

View Full Version : Things girls should NOT avoid

distantarray
08-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Lifting heavy weights =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjHyLQcGxw

Is this what your really afraid of? ;)

Fitness model Jamie Eason is INCREDIBLY sexy :drunk:

Don't think you'll end up like this just by lifting a few weights or drinking some protein shakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhByBw_gNC4

cause YOU WILL NEVER do that by accident, knowledge, dedication that exceeds the effort of a full time job and usually with the help of steroids/pro hormones are required to achieve those goals for most. Not bodybuilders but Fitness models like Jamie Eason is the most anyone can ever hope to achieve through working out regularly.

Thank you =)

Epiphanous
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree, she's insanely hot O_o;;;

But besides that, I looked her up and you can actually find quite a bit of information on her workouts and such. Here's a couple of links in case anyone's interested:

http://www.jamieeason.com/
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFWSaoHCpk

Chocolahime
08-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I think girls need to realize that muscle is healthy. As for bulking up... I mean really? How could someone accidentally put in enough effort to get positively ripped without wanting to? Moreover if something like that happened (in some backwards magical land) wouldn't you notice and stop?
Life some weights ladies, it's good for you :D

distantarray
08-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I agree, she's insanely hot O_o;;;

But besides that, I looked her up and you can actually find quite a bit of information on her workouts and such. Here's a couple of links in case anyone's interested:

http://www.jamieeason.com/
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFWSaoHCpk

<3 girls who do research of their own =)

I think girls need to realize that muscle is healthy. As for bulking up... I mean really? How could someone accidentally put in enough effort to get positively ripped without wanting to? Moreover if something like that happened (in some backwards magical land) wouldn't you notice and stop?
Life some weights ladies, it's good for you :D

most girls are only focused on weight saddly thinking less is better, they don't realize that muscle weight makes them look healthy. They can be skinny as hell but still not look good. If you want the type of body guys want to drool over you have to lift weights. I'm sorry but metabolism or dieting alone will never give you the type of ass that makes guys go OH OH OH OH OH OH MY GOSH!

WARNING PICTURE OF A NICE ASS (not naked)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3594/3391093601_50ae464454.jpg

that is an amazing ass..... that ass has hit the gym! Girl's can look great in jeans cause it's tight and it shapes them up, but just cause they look good in jeans doesn't mean they'll look GREAT!

This is a picture of an ass that didn't hit the gym, but probably look great in jeans

http://newsodrome.com/humor_news/vienna-girardi-bikini-ass-of-the-day-17808912.jpg

dragonsplash
08-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Ahh I'm glad this is getting around. I can't say I really like lifting weights, but I understand the importance of it. So...I'll get around to it eventually. When I have a gym pass. That toned muscle look Jamie has going is what I've been aiming for for years. I just have to find the motivation to get myself goin'. I prefer other means than going to the gym, though. Equipment feels so boring. XD *really needs to get back to the dojo*

Epiphanous
08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Ahh I'm glad this is getting around. I can't say I really like lifting weights, but I understand the importance of it. So...I'll get around to it eventually. When I have a gym pass. That toned muscle look Jamie has going is what I've been aiming for for years. I just have to find the motivation to get myself goin'. I prefer other means than going to the gym, though. Equipment feels so boring. XD *really needs to get back to the dojo*

Yay for dojos! ^.^

Kickboxing and plain ol' boxing will give you quite a good work out too :)

distantarray: Haha ew...cottage cheese booty ^^;

dragonsplash
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Yay for dojos! ^.^

Oh, I know it. I used to attend those classes after I was done working. Only way I ever ate broccoli on my own free will. And it's thanks to that that I love green beans now. XD I plan on taking the kickboxing class that'll be offered at my school's gym, too. ^_^ I refuse to let college dorm life have a negative impact on me.

distantarray
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Yay for dojos! ^.^

Oh, I know it. I used to attend those classes after I was done working. Only way I ever ate broccoli on my own free will. And it's thanks to that that I love green beans now. XD I plan on taking the kickboxing class that'll be offered at my school's gym, too. ^_^ I refuse to let college dorm life have a negative impact on me.

Sa lang hae yo :) :heart::heart::heart::heart: lol love active girls ^_~

Jexeneko
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
That chick is definitely very hot, though I don't know if I am fond of the largely muscular arms in that video. On her regular website Jamieeason.com they don't look like as large though. Oo

I'm pretty sedentary at the moment, I used to go to the gym for a while in college but I'm back home now. ._.; Need to get back to that when I'm there. Free gyms f yeah.

After seeing this, it made me look at myself, I'm not super large but my legs have some jiggle to them, and I need to tone up a bit! Thank you for posting this, it made me aware.

On this models website she posts her shopping list, and answers a lot of questions from her viewers, I spent a while looking at them! Anyone looking to bulk up, lose weight, or just has random questions about such, I would recommend skimming that page!

Rhazia
08-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I always think it's strange when I hear that as a reason for girls to avoid the gym. And I think it's funny when super-skinny girls think they look great when they have arm/stomach flab. Even a little effort towards toning that up would make them look so much better.

I don't do the whole weights thing myself, but I'm not opposed to the idea. I just get plenty of a workout through Karate and Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu (especially when I grapple with the boys - the lightest guy outweighs me by 40lbs). I've looked into kickboxing but all we have in my area is that lame aero-kickboking stuff.

tsuoi_kaze
08-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I'd kill to look like her, but gym memberships and weight sets are so expensive @__@. If anyone can point me in the direction of a gym that doesn't run me $60 per month that'd be nice.

As for other things girls shouldn't avoid because it's silly: Water fitness. It's not just for old people :D (a friend of mine used to help out during a class before he started college).

distantarray
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd kill to look like her, but gym memberships and weight sets are so expensive @__@. If anyone can point me in the direction of a gym that doesn't run me $60 per month that'd be nice.

As for other things girls shouldn't avoid because it's silly: Water fitness. It's not just for old people :D (a friend of mine used to help out during a class before he started college).

call around to all your gyms, if you have a planet fitness or youfit around you it's $10 a month no contract. If you go to YMCA they charge about $55 a month, but if you don't make that much yearly income they will sponser you for half price or less. Just gotta ask for it. Remember they're supposed to be "non profit"

navigated
08-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Its not hard to get started, even if you are largely sedentary, try lifting a free weight with one hand while you're surfing the internet, or watching TV. Try walking to class instead of taking the bus (which has actually done wonders for me), like tsuoi_kaze, water fitness is a great way to take off the pounds, even if you're just swimming slow laps, the resistance is a good way to get your cardio in! Martial arts are also a lot of fun, taekwondo is a really good way to work on your leg strength, as it is primarily kicking. I just got my yellow belt!

I think what helps most of all is to have a friend to keep you motivated, and its nice to have someone to complain to if you're really mad about having to do another 15 minutes on the treadmill.

fadedsunrise02
08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Hell yea! Girls should lift weights more!
I am a girl who lifts weights, and I am not about to stop any time soon! I started this year because cardio was making me tired out both mentally and physically. My body was feeling heavier, not lighter, and more run down. I love the muscle definition I've already gained as a beginner, and how it feels like I have more energy. I also like exercising more now :D

Chocolahime
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Not to mention that if you are doing weighted squats vs non weighted you will see results quicker. I'm working on making a belt to put weights in so I can do squats and play my ds XD

fadedsunrise02
08-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I actually always found handling weights while squatting harder(I'm only starting now, after many attempts and a lot of self teaching).

Before, for leg strength I mostly did plyometrics.

tsuoi_kaze
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
call around to all your gyms, if you have a planet fitness or youfit around you it's $10 a month no contract. If you go to YMCA they charge about $55 a month, but if you don't make that much yearly income they will sponser you for half price or less. Just gotta ask for it. Remember they're supposed to be "non profit"

Someone said that the lifestyles has a $20 per month membership, so that could work. Just gotta see if that's true or if she got lucky with a promotion. It's not lack of time or wanting to go work out for me, to be honest.

distantarray
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Someone said that the lifestyles has a $20 per month membership, so that could work. Just gotta see if that's true or if she got lucky with a promotion. It's not lack of time or wanting to go work out for me, to be honest.

if it's not a lack of time or wanting to go workout, remember even if your saying $40 a month by going to a more affordable gym, if you just pick up a extra shift of at work a month you should be able to make up the difference in price. Not that it's the best way but it'd prove quite effective ;)

unless your a student on a tight budget living off student loans then that's different.

But $60 a month? we don't even have gyms in my area that charges that besides maybe specialized gyms on main street downtown which just rips people off. YMCA, Lifesstyles, LA fitness, bally's or whatever I don't think any of those charge $60 a month? Snaps and anytime fitness 24 hour gyms usually charge $29-39 but then this could just reflect my area????

tsuoi_kaze
08-18-2010, 05:02 PM
It seems like that's the average price around here, but I spoke on the phone with a rep from lifestyles and you can get the most basic membership for about $20 per month. Which is cool, because unless I feel like taking a class that's all I need. I wish I had work other than the occasional temp job, I'd have long since picked up an extra shift or two, lol. I can still probably afford that.

Hopefully that plus a complete overhaul of my diet (because apparently I've either done something wrong recently and haven't noticed, or my body got used to the way I was eating and decided to rebel. I went from 144 to 164 over the summer and have no clue how. All I did was change location.) will get me back on track. A friend even suggested I try alli in addition to working out, but I really don't like the idea of crapping my pants every time I eat something with the slightest bit of fat in it, lol.

HEYOashley
08-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I actually always found handling weights while squatting harder(I'm only starting now, after many attempts and a lot of self teaching).

Before, for leg strength I mostly did plyometrics.
I have never thought about carrying weights while doing squats. That's a really good idea.

han-pan
08-20-2010, 08:48 PM
TBH I don't get the girls that hit the cycle or the treadmill or the stairmaster and then leave after an hour of that. I can get that much "exercise" day to day walking around. When I go to the gym, I warm up on the machine for 5 minutes and hit the weights. That's true fitness, not being able to see your bones, but feeling good, strong, and capable.