PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Lizardman cosplay

Fruitsexual
08-15-2010, 01:54 AM
I have this wild idea to possibly take on a Lizardman cosplay from the Soul Calibur games. I haven't decided which version I want to do because I want to figure out of problem first.

Lizardman is....as his name suggests, a Lizard-man, so any suggestions on how to do his scaley skin? I was thinking of possibly buying a body suit and making loads of scale-like bits [possibly from craft foam and styrene] and sewing them to the suit. Another idea was possibly finding imitation snake/scale fabric [like the kind used on purses] and making a suit from that.

If anyone has suggestions, or knwo where to get such fabric, I'd really appreciate it.

I don't have a convention I want to show this costume off at yet, it's more of a 'see if i can actually pull this off' type of costume so time isnt an issue.

Kayomi
08-15-2010, 11:55 PM
I actually did something similar for a project at school. You can make your own reptilian material by stretching out spandex (really stretching it, too) and making the texture with clear silicone like you'd buy at a hardware store. Do some trial pieces to get your method down. You can also play with paints and latex to create some of his reptilian texture.