PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman Symbiote Cosplay?

RexiiRen
08-15-2010, 02:19 AM
I was digging around in my comics when I noticed my Venom Series and started reading them again.

I realized then that Symbiotes really dont get much love at all unless they're Venom

or

The Black Spiderman.

It made me sad :[ No one gives credit to the other Symbiotes like She-Venom, Scream, Agony, Phage, Riot, Lasher, Hybrid, Toxis, Anti-Venom, even those from the "What if?" series.

I only know ONE person on cos com that's cosplayed one of those characters and it makes me wonder what all those Cosplaying Spider-nerds out there have been doing :p

The Symbiotes need love too! Has anyone ever seen a Symbiote cosplay other then Venom or Black Suit Spiderman?

Volnixshin
08-16-2010, 01:14 PM
There's a Scream, a few Carnage and a Toxin cosplayers on here.

I plan on doing Lasher down the road, being my fav symbiote. We're out there, don't give up ^_^

knightmare6
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Phage wasn't a symbiote, it was the creature trying to eat the symbiotes ;)

I actually wanted to do a Carnage symbiote costume a while back with retractable tendrils and small moving tendrils coming out from various spots, but it was just too complex and time-consuming to create.

Volnixshin
08-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Phage was also the name given to the yellow symbiote, and when that happened the symbiote eater was renamed Xenophage to differentiate.

TheRad1
09-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Hehehe, I guess it just goes to being what's popular. I've always been a huge fan of the Black Spidey costume. Just trying to figure out how to make a suit appear "alive" would be the trickiest part I suppose. I will agree, it would be nice to see some other Symbiotes rise up. I've lost track over the years, and if I did see some other characters, I guess they just didn't make an impression :/

Volnixshin
09-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Get some tendrils or something

sociologies
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I'd love to do an Anti-Venom, but I doubt I have the build (or gender) for it. I hope someone does one soon!

Volnixshin
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I saw a Spider (Exiles: Weapon X) on youtube a while back, that was sure neat