PDA

View Full Version : Sucker Punch

Badass_Badger
08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
I predict this movie will be something that will have TONS of interesting cosplay ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ttgQCgY7w

Luxuria85
08-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm actually already starting my Blondie cosplay.

Kat Murz
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I've started a Babydoll already and have a group of pretty much everyone ^__^ lol
So yup, defiantly going to be a cosplay "thing" next year if the movie is good I think. Cute outfits, steampunk vibe with mechas and dragons? what more could you want lol

EternalMoon19
10-29-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm already mostly finished with my Rocket costume and have started on Blondie. A group of friends and I are planning it for Dragon Con. It looks bad ass.

xShiningNightx
10-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to work on my Blondie costume, too! I'm having trouble getting decent reference pictures, though. I'm taken caps from the trailer and I'm trying to use her Comic-con poster, but the colors on all of those don't seem to be right; it looks like she's just wearing all black. How are you guys going about this?

EternalMoon19
10-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm trying to work on my Blondie costume, too! I'm having trouble getting decent reference pictures, though. I'm taken caps from the trailer and I'm trying to use her Comic-con poster, but the colors on all of those don't seem to be right; it looks like she's just wearing all black. How are you guys going about this?

Her outfit is actually a really dark denim

xShiningNightx
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh... I thought her bodysuit was leather. Oh well, too late now. I'm just gonna with that and if anyone asks, it's my personal take on it. XD

glitter bomb
11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I've been gathering image reference in case I decide to do one of the characters, but I want to see the movie first. I don't like to cosplay a character unless I've at least somewhat familiar with the material. Otherwise I risk spending dozens of hours on something just because it has cool style, only to later discover the character is a total twit that I would never want to identify with. ;)

From the trailer it looks like a great visual spectacle and I don't doubt it's going to be the next big trend for cosplay. However, it looks like the film could also be one of those movies that's really a T&A fest masquerading as some girl power crap. Basically an excuse put a bunch of young women in tight scanty clothing, then call it empowering because they shoot guns. More of the male fantasy idea of what female fantasy is -- where no matter how poor and abused the women are they somehow always find resources to have immaculately styled hair and tons of eye makeup while scrubbing the floor. ;)

I really hope it's a good, fun movie and not something like Tomb Raider with better special effects.

edit: doh! forgot to add... from the image references I've seen the Sucker Punch characters are definitely ADVANCED costumes. Like very expensive materials, lots of leather work and vintage materials required, lots and lots of time. In other words, with the exception of Baby Doll I don't think the movie is going to be accessible to most cosplayers due to the time, materials and skill level. So we're probably going to see a lot of very bad closet cosplay for Sucker Punch, with a few advanced people really doing it justice. My prediction. ;)

EternalMoon19
11-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh... I thought her bodysuit was leather. Oh well, too late now. I'm just gonna with that and if anyone asks, it's my personal take on it. XD

And by Blondie, I thought you said baby doll. I apparently cannot read. lol. It's Baby Doll's that's denim. Blondie's suit looks like a mix of lycra and leatherette

xShiningNightx
11-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Woooaaahhhh, the second trailer came out! I haven't watched it yet, but hopefully there are some better shots of their outfits! Google it, guys!

xShiningNightx
11-04-2010, 01:29 AM
Here are some stills from the new trailer that I'm not sure I'm allowed to link to:

Yeeeahhh! Work it!

I think this still is from a scene where the girls are rehearsing their burlesque dance or whatever it is that they do. Clearly, Babydoll was inspired by at least Blondie's rehearsal dance outfit when she dreamt up their fantasy soldier versions. ^_^

Blondie wasn't in as many scenes as I would've liked, but at least I got some clearer shots of her boots, a half-shot of her back, and a shot of her axe, but I still don't have a good feel for what color her boots or gauntlets are supposed to be. :(

Lucifer
11-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Zack Snyder is great with visual movies, regardless of content. So this will likely be one big eye-feast of candy goodness.

moonflower.
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
I ordered my wig for my Sweet Pea costume, and I can't wait to get started on it! So far our group has a Babydoll and Rocket, so that's exciting.

Limeyaku
11-10-2010, 03:21 AM
lurking this thread for a while... can't decide between Sweet Pea or Baby Doll myself... but I HAVE to say, Moonflower, you are going to make a freakin' SWEET sweet pea!!! you definitely have a resemblance! Have you been told this or do you just happen to like her character and style the best??

I'm torn 'cause I like her style the best but she seems super tough in the trailer... I'm more of a Baby Doll personality I think... and I love the girliness of her outfit...but the leather on SP is fantastic.. AH... can't decide! D:

Can't wait to see some progress start popping up!

moonflower.
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
lurking this thread for a while... can't decide between Sweet Pea or Baby Doll myself... but I HAVE to say, Moonflower, you are going to make a freakin' SWEET sweet pea!!! you definitely have a resemblance! Have you been told this or do you just happen to like her character and style the best??

I'm torn 'cause I like her style the best but she seems super tough in the trailer... I'm more of a Baby Doll personality I think... and I love the girliness of her outfit...but the leather on SP is fantastic.. AH... can't decide! D:

Can't wait to see some progress start popping up!

Aw, thank you! I was originally torn between her and Baby Doll (because I love both of their outfits), but based on the trailers Sweet Pea and I seem to have a pretty similar personality, and I love her outfit! Plus, I agree that my face shape is better for her, so I'm excited. My wig shipped today, so i'll post pics once I get it!

cereza
11-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey, I've found this thread and it was temptative to post in :3 I'm presenting the Babydoll cosplay the 20th of november, for a con here in Argentina called Animate, which is one of the biggest of the year (:. The clothes are almost ready. I'm finishing the skull, the rabbit, the bear and the other "things" hanging from the gun this week. The katana is ready, and the wig is coming this week too. Here are some photos n_n the skirt pleats are pined for a better ironing :B if it looks weird it's because of that ^^

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1311/5165761158_3bdcc0316e_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1385/5165835508_403ee9090e_b.jpg
( mi face didn't want to cooperate with the picture xD )

hope you like how it's going <3 :p

moonflower.
11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I got my Sweet Pea wig!! <3

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs583.ash2/150568_501653615714_731470714_7714686_5838673_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs469.ash2/74279_501653585714_731470714_7714685_2804327_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1169.snc4/154165_501653565714_731470714_7714684_2943766_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs931.snc4/74456_501653540714_731470714_7714683_2637060_n.jpg

did a trial makeup run on it too. sorry for the webcam pics, it's all i've gotten.

cereza
11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Lovely <3 you look gorgeous too ^^

moonflower.
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Lovely <3 you look gorgeous too ^^

Thank you! I love your costume so far!

cereza
11-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Finally ! The costume is ready and I presented it yesterday. I have one photo right now :/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2780341/

A lot of people recognized me as babydoll and congratulated me for doing it, it made me feel quite good ^^.

I hope you like how it ended up (: I'm going to upload some more later !

moonflower.
11-23-2010, 01:27 AM
Finally ! The costume is ready and I presented it yesterday. I have one photo right now :/

A lot of people recognized me as babydoll and congratulated me for doing it, it made me feel quite good ^^.

That looks AMAZING!! great job!!

cereza
11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Thank you !!!! I can't wait to see some others n_n
Found some more photos in facebook xD you can see it was TERRIBLY HOT in there. I was melting like icecream x.x

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1224.snc4/155599_472638943107_668788107_5704173_6478533_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs991.snc4/76430_178856765463851_100000185869631_655815_18798 03_n.jpg

glitter bomb
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
@ cereza - great job! :)

cereza
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
@ cereza - great job! :)

Thank you so much :)

sarah_blondey
12-02-2010, 02:46 AM

please please please tell me how you made this??? i cant find any patterns or anything on how to make one and urs is perfect u look so good!! what did u use for the gun and holster and how did you make the sword. also were did u get the shoes from i cant find a pair like them anywere :blubber:

cereza
12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
It's a simple short jacket with princess sleeves and a salior neck (i'll try to get you the pattern, photo or a draw.). You have to do them wider to get that princess shape.
then the skirt is a pleated one, an ordinary one but with a wider up part (reforeced!), and a slit.
The shoes i bought them here in Argentina, but they are nothing like the ones in the movie.
Thank you very much (:

sarah_blondey
12-11-2010, 01:58 AM
It's a simple short jacket with princess sleeves and a salior neck (i'll try to get you the pattern, photo or a draw.). You have to do them wider to get that princess shape.
then the skirt is a pleated one, an ordinary one but with a wider up part (reforeced!), and a slit.
The shoes i bought them here in Argentina, but they are nothing like the ones in the movie.
Thank you very much (:

aww man if you could do that for me it would be so amazing this is my first cosplay and i wanna do it really well :crylaugh: what is the meterial you used cuz its perfect! i dont know much about doing the skirt so could you elaborate a bit on making it :) thank you sooo sooo much!! love u so much for this hun :bigtu:

Carmel-pop
01-02-2011, 09:10 PM
As soon as I saw the trailer I knew I had to cosplay from it. I'm not sure when I'll do it, because like someone had mentioned, these are not easy costumes. D: And I'm definitely a beginner.

cereza, you look badass! Awesome job.

Chu Chi
01-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Cereza, you look AMAZING!

I definitely wanna cosplay from Sucker Punch, but torn! I don't know if I should do Blondie or Madam Gorski. I'll probably wait until the movie comes out to decide. I took this screen cap of Blondie for all interested, though.

issyru
01-06-2011, 02:51 AM
...saw the trailer and knew I had to do this. Not new to cosplay, but new to this site :D and I have my heart set on Sweet Pea, she and I have the personality thing going + face shape. Gorgeous wig moonflower !!! Can't wait. This looks expensive and difficult XP

pigtailedgirl99
01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Hola everyone!! Has anyone found good pics of Blondie's boots??? I think I have a decent collection of the front of the top half, but not much of the lower. I believe they are thigh high but some pics have heels and some they look flat. also...black or dark brown....not sure. Thanks!!!!

ravenmist
01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah, because of the crazy girl who posted above me looks like I'll be making a Sucker Punch costume, too. The plan is to do Rocket (I adore Jena Malone, too!!).
So excited for this movie!!
Just trying to get as many reference images as I can, but I won't be starting it until after the film comes out anyway. Looks like she'll be a DragonCon debut. =)

GlassCannon
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Throwing my hat in the ring too. When I first saw the trailer last year I thought it looked really cool, but filed it away for later. Then today I saw Ravenmist talking about her plans for this on Twitter and got bit by the cosplay bug hard. I love this feeling of falling in love with a costume! I've watched both trailers and the featurette multiple times now, and I'm totally in love with Sweet Pea's outfit, it hits all the things I look for in a cosplay.

I probably won't start buying supplies until after I see the movie, but I may do a mock-up of the corset-coat before then, since that's going to be the most difficult part of the costume, I think. That and figuring out how to get all her weapons from California to Atlanta for Dragon*Con, lol!

Btw, for anyone thinking about doing one of these costumes, be sure to look for the Gentle Giant character sculpts/statues. They're 18 inch statues, with a ton of detail -- probably more detail and better angles than we'll even see in the movie, given the post-processing colors and action nature of the fantasy worlds in the movie. I know they have Baby Doll and Sweet Pea statues out already, and I think Amber as well, and I imagine the rest will be out before the movie hits theaters. The amount of detail on the Sweet Pea one is really amazing, better than any screenshot could ever be, and has me planning for my mockup of the coat already. ;D

Like I wasn't excited enough for Dragon*Con. Omg I love getting bit by the cosplay bug! :D

alpha_helix
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Finally started looking up info for this movie, and I'm pretty excited for it. I don't think I'll actually cosplay anyone from it (not really my style), but I do want to take this moment to squeeeeee over Madam Gorski's corset. It fan laces! Eeee, fan lacing is so awesome and sexy!

Ok, I'm done now.

cereza
01-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Hola everyone!! Has anyone found good pics of Blondie's boots??? I think I have a decent collection of the front of the top half, but not much of the lower. I believe they are thigh high but some pics have heels and some they look flat. also...black or dark brown....not sure. Thanks!!!!

Hey !
Something similar happened to me with babydoll. In "action" scenes she uses flash shoes and in "normal" scenes she used shoes with heels. The original design is with heels, but for action scenes they use flat shoes for better movement and stuff, i guess.
But they are high, fer sure.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/soulinertia/xblondie.jpg

I see them black. Cuz of the brown tights, i don't think the boots are brown too.

I'll look for some hq photos anyways ^^
Hope it helped !

pigtailedgirl99
01-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the pic. I have had this one saved for a bit now, but smaller, so blowing it up was not good. This pic you posted is a bit more clear, so Thanks for that!! I found a pair of black boots that I think will be awesome for this costume...and I will use thigh high socks underneath for the added height under the pads. And I think I have someone to help me with the leather, so I am super excited!!!

Oh....and....HAHAHAHA to ravenmist!!!!!!! I knew I could "sucker" you in!!! Bad pun, but it sounded right in this situation!!

HorrorChix89
01-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention Amber. I guess sense everyone is doing pretty much everyone else I'll do Amber. I just first need to find a good pattern, reference photos, and materials. I think if I actually work hard and have a little help then I can get this done by March. *fingers crossed*

benihime
01-25-2011, 11:43 AM
oh i can't wait to see this movie!! Emily Browning is one of my favorite actresses and i'm excited to see her in this :) I'm also tempted to cosplay her but i gotta lose a few first :)

GlassCannon
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention Amber. I guess sense everyone is doing pretty much everyone else I'll do Amber. I just first need to find a good pattern, reference photos, and materials. I think if I actually work hard and have a little help then I can get this done by March. *fingers crossed*

With Amber you're in luck as far as reference photos, since there's an 18" statue of her character already out:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/GE80073lg.jpg

Search around online, and you'll find all sorts of different angles on the statue, with a lot more detail than we're likely to even see in the movie. The statue debuted at San Diego Comic Con last year, and is made by the company Gentle Giant. I've found tons and tons of pictures of the Sweet Pea one, which I think will really help with making this costume as accurate as possible.

As far as pattern and materials, on the RPF Sucker Punch thread (http://www.therpf.com/f24/anyone-starting-work-sucker-punch-costumes-92563/), a couple of people are talking about modifying actual flight suits, I think usually purchased from eBay, rather than making it from scratch, but of course that can have it's own fitting problems too.

Hope that helps a bit, and good luck! :D

Melima331
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I saw previews for this movie and I knew I wanted to cosplay from it!! I just hope it's as awesome as it looks.
I want to make Baby Doll or Sweet Pea. I know that's who everyone wants to make, but I typically choose blondes so I don't need to buy a wig =)

HorrorChix89
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
With Amber you're in luck as far as reference photos, since there's an 18" statue of her character already out:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/GE80073lg.jpg

Search around online, and you'll find all sorts of different angles on the statue, with a lot more detail than we're likely to even see in the movie. The statue debuted at San Diego Comic Con last year, and is made by the company Gentle Giant. I've found tons and tons of pictures of the Sweet Pea one, which I think will really help with making this costume as accurate as possible.

As far as pattern and materials, on the RPF Sucker Punch thread (http://www.therpf.com/f24/anyone-starting-work-sucker-punch-costumes-92563/), a couple of people are talking about modifying actual flight suits, I think usually purchased from eBay, rather than making it from scratch, but of course that can have it's own fitting problems too.

Hope that helps a bit, and good luck! :D

Thanks! That picture and that thread is very helpful. Now to figure out where to start. This may be harder than i thought :/

deaththecutekin
02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh I'm so excited that I saw this thread :) I just started planning out my Blondie outfit for D*Con 2011, still trying to figure out her one-piece and her gloves/arm covers. Looking forward to seeing everyone all dolled up :)

HorrorChix89
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh I'm so excited that I saw this thread :) I just started planning out my Blondie outfit for D*Con 2011, still trying to figure out her one-piece and her gloves/arm covers. Looking forward to seeing everyone all dolled up :)

The bodysuit looks like a modified leotard. The gloves are just wrapped-around leather with button closures going down the arm.

Try this forum. They have some really good idea about all the girls and they identified Blondie's costume pieces pretty well (I'm also a member of this forum) http://www.therpf.com/f24/anyone-starting-work-sucker-punch-costumes-92563/index6.html#post1529936

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I was going to make this thread but glad to see it exists!

I've been following Sucker Punch production and whatnot for about a year or so. I'm so happy that its nearly time for the movie to release! I think this will be very popular with the ladies this year cosplay-wise.
I'll first be working on Baby Doll but really would like to do Blondie and Amber as well. I should be getting the denim for my costume next pay day (whoot next Friday!) And have been searching for a decent wig that will look good on me. I looked at gun holsters the other day.

One question: what type of guns does she use? I kinda want to find exact replicas...Also, I'm guessing there aren't many closeups of the charms that hang from her guns. I am hoping to get the costume done for a convention that is the weekend before the movie! Maybe i'll wear it at midnight showing of the movie

HorrorChix89
02-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Try this site http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Sucker_Punch_%282011%29

Gives info on most of the weapons used in the movie, including BabyDolls

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-15-2011, 01:14 AM
HOLY CRAP *bookmarks*
You're a life saver! :)

GlassCannon
02-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Also, I'm guessing there aren't many closeups of the charms that hang from her guns.

Actually, someone on The RPF Sucker Punch thread just posted a detailed picture of the charms, from the upcoming SP artbook. I think the picture is from Amazon:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5628/p1000769s.jpg

HorrorChix89
02-15-2011, 01:55 AM
HOLY CRAP *bookmarks*
You're a life saver! :)

lol np :)

And what GlassCannon said, the RPF (Replica Prop Forums) Sucker Punch thread has some really detailed pictures posted by some people.

ComicPanelist
02-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I just found this forum and I am interested in doing either Sweet Pea or the Madame! I am going to Dragon*Con this year and this is def. a top costume I would LOVE to do!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Omg that picture is amazing...!
AND OMG THERE'S AN ARTBOOK COMING OUT!?!?!?!

GlassCannon
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
LOL yeah, looks like the art book is due out next Tuesday, Feb 22nd. Amazon has it for preorder here (http://www.amazon.com/Sucker-Punch-Movie-Zack-Snyder/dp/1848568533/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297806640&sr=1-1). I've heard there's also a limited edition version, that's signed by the director.

HorrorChix89
02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I think I might pre-order the art book...it'll help out a lot when putting the symbols on the weapons and such.

I keep changing my mind on who I want to be! I think I'm just gonna do Baby Doll first and THEN work my way to the other girls. Seeing as how I've never made a costume before.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I am definently getting the artbook now! It will help so much with the costume. SO EXCITE.

comicpanelist: I'm wearing Baby Doll to Dragon*con :)

HorrorChix89
02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I keep saying "I'm going to Dragon*Con" but I guess I won't know until I actually get there lol. We shall see!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Same here. I do have space in someone's room this year but haven't brought a pass. If I go Baby Doll is probably the only thing I wear

Also will the book be in stores Tuesday or just on amazon...? Trying to plan accordingly lol

Heatherling
02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I've been working on Amber for Emerald City Comicon in 2 weeks! I'm so excited for this movie!!

Here's a couple links to help everyone out:
Sweet Pea statue: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134283
Amber's statue: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10132268
Baby Doll's statue: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10132267

Screencaps from both trailers and featurette: http://movies.rawr-caps.net/index.php?cat=17&page=2

Spaz_attack
02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
cant wait for the artbook to come out should be helpful

Keichiokami
03-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey! The Boys want to have fun to!

I am planning on doing either the Wise Old Man or the villain Blue.

From what I can tell Blue is wearing a white suit but they are very few shots of him in the trailer. I am going to have do some creative screen captures of him.

The Wise Old Man is a little bit easier to get references for, but he has two outfits:

The White Yakata with blue ropes. The over robe appears to be linen, while the under robe is cotton. I also think there is an additional linen over robe trimmed with light blue cotton. He wears this in the snow temple.

His other outfit is this really cool WWI Officers uniform. It looks simpler but that Jacket and Officers hat look like they are going to be expensive if I purchase them via military surplus and modify them, or very time consuming to sew from scratch. Not to mention the boots which I haven't found a screen clear shot of. Then I will have to construct the Assault rifle he is wielding as well.

I need to decide which one I want to do, I am leaning toward the Wise Old Man because his outfits are way more cool. But then I have to decide which Wise Old Man to be. I am trying to debut this a San Diego Comic Con 2011, I want to put together a group of girls to cosplay this with, is anyone planning on going to SDCC?

HorrorChix89
03-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Well it's offical I'm not going to Dragon Con. $100 for a weekend ticket? Pfft out of my budget. I'll debut my Sucker Punch at San japan

Heatherling
03-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Debuted my Amber at Emerald City ComiCon on Saturday! :)
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196324_10150109922687298_509547297_6168495_3104184 _n.jpg

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Oh wow your Amber looks really good! Great job <3

doragon
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Yaaay, a Sucker Punch thread! I imagined a lot of ladies would love to cosplay from this movie, from seeing the designs and *coughthemovieitselfanditwasawesome!* I myself am working on Baby Doll for the release on the 25th and also WonderCon at the beginning of next month. My [male] cousin wants me to make him a Blondie costume, lol. We'll see how that goes.

Do any of you guys have ideas of where to get a reasonably priced shoulder holster that's either in the brown tone or could be easily modified for Baby Doll? Or do you guys think it would just be easier to make the thing? D:

Aa, can't wait to see more costumes! So far you guys look awesome <3
And omg, the artbook is so incredible ~

Heatherling
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Oh wow your Amber looks really good! Great job <3
Thanks! :)

Nickytea
03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
This movie seems like cosplayer's dream!

Melima331
03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
So I am almost done with my Baby Doll costume. I am really just doing this for fun for the movie premiere, so I don't consider it a "serious" cosplay. I will post pics, however, when I complete it. I basically altered an existing shirt and skirt to make the costume.
I want to make Sweet Pea for my serious cosplay attempt from this movie.

GlassCannon
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
If you guys haven't seen it yet, be sure to check out the crazy awesome pictures at Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props (http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/search/label/Sucker%20Punch). All five of the main girls' outfits are on display in Pasadena, and this site took detailed pictures of each, including full-length shots and back shots of all of them. There are quite a few details here that I haven't seen anywhere else. Really quite awesome. There's a full post devoted to each girl, so scroll down for the one you want.

Heatherling
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Super helpful for Rocket and Blondie, especially! Sweet Pea, Blondie and Amber have statues which was very helpful for my Amber. :) And I don't know if I just spent too much time looking at the posters and statue for Amber, but her costume shots looked strange to me... :-/

doragon
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Baby Doll's costume is a little different there than in ... well, the movie xD; Odd. But sweet ~ that's so close to me, I'm totally going to have to go check them out. Thankies GlassCannon!

ManiacMarshall
03-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Well that was a fucking depressing way to end things.

Annissė
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Just joined this thread, seen a few talk about attempting the Madam Gorski costume.

I am going to tackle her costume for SDCC this year. I have all this type of stuff in my wardrobe any way. Dominant female is my type of thang so she is perfect for me.

But I heard there are other costumes she will wear in the movie, none can be found online yet, only this promo shot. After I see the movie, I will make my decision which one I will do.

Anyone getting a Sucker Punch group together for SDCC and DragonCon this year? Would love to have a full group of all the girls with the Madam to walk around, cosplay and take pics with! :D

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/348793/carla-gugino-and-sucker-punch-gallery.jpg

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Annisse! I loooove your costumes so I would love to see what you do with Madam Gorksi. I know a bunch of ladies will be bringing their Sucker Punch costumes to Dragon*Con.

LunaNera
03-24-2011, 03:35 AM
I just saw the movie.
Its essentially a comic book, so if you like comics, and you are ok with his directorial style, you will like it. I loved it.
I am totally making a Rocket costume now!

Heatherling
03-24-2011, 03:55 AM
I just got home from the movie, too! :D Glad I made an Amber costume!

doragon
03-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Annissė, if memory serves me right she has maybe three or four outfits? A few of them are in the artbook, her pictures aren't as prominent as the other girls but there are some decent pictures scattered throughout besides her little section in the book. [and omg, I love your costumes *_*]
I'd love to get a group together for SDCC, such a big venue I'm sure they'll be at least a few of us running around :3 I know I plan to wear Baby Doll on Saturday since thats the only day my sister and cousin are attending, and they want me to make them Sucker Punch costumes as well [and with luck, perhaps a few more friends will join in after seeing the movie]

Luna, yay! a Rocket 8D I kind of adore how they did her hair xD

edit: how did you guys see the movie so soon? O:

Heatherling
03-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Emerald City ComiCon had a SP standee (that 5-sided one with each of the girls on it) by their prize booth. I took a photo next to it while wearing my Amber and when I was about to leave, the woman at the booth gave me passes to see the movie. "We're not giving many of these away this weekend... but I want you to have these."

LunaNera
03-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I got a pre-screening pass from my boyfriends gym. :D I don't know why they had them to give out to people, but they did.
I actually get to go to a lot of pre-screeenings. They are usually sponsored by radio stations, and my boyfriend works for three radio stations here, so he gets the passes whenever they sponsor one.

I can't wait to start the Rocket costume, I don't know where I will wear it to... but it looks super fun to make. Her hair is going to be fun, even if I have to do it with a wig.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM
If anyone is on twitter you can follow @advancescreenings to hear about seeing lots of movies ahead of time. Unfortunately I do not live in an urban area so never get to see things in advance.

Heatherling
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the twitter page!

doragon
03-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Oh sweet, thanks for that Jessie :D I tend to get things through MovieTickets.com, but more sources are awesome ~

ballet shoes
03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
A friend of mine today informed me that we will certainly be cosplaying this. She assigned everyone characters (and was remarkably good at it, everyone vaguley looks like each actress) and I got Rocket which I was rather pleased with. I may have to slightly alter it for modesty reasons though (probably just wear some hot pants).

Annissė
03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Well if any of your groups need a Madam Gorski and want to add me in the mix for SDCC, please let me know :) I have yet to work on the costume. Found an old thrift store corset purchase I made which has the fan lacing on the front like hers so I'm already a quarter way done :P

Shana05
03-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I just saw the movie. I was attracted to Babydoll's outfit since the first trailers came out but I wanted to see if I liked the movie before cosplaying it. Right now, I'm putting in my maybe pile because I got so many other projects. Though I do think I'll make a good Babydoll as I have a childlike face.

Edit: I see this was merged with a larger thread, so I guess I can ask for help. Pattern suggestions for Babydoll? I figured a cheerleader pattern would be good for the skirt and I would want to wear bloomers with a skirt that short. But if anyone has other ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

I don't know when I'm going to do this but I like to know what patterns well ahead of time so I can stock up when there's a sale.

Ciarathallya
03-26-2011, 08:10 AM
I hate this movies because THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS/VARIANTS! I keep flip flopping on what I want to make lol.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Just saw the movie. Now I'm on some insane quest to make all the costumes by the end of the year. I basically want to drop everything else I was doing haha. Baby Doll and Blondie are first up on my list.

Husk
03-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Jumping on the bandwagon lol. I went in expecting to hate Babydoll but her awesomeness won me over. All of her outfits were crazy cool. BTW: anyone thinking of doing the girls rehearsal outfits? I found those really nice as well...

Shana05
03-27-2011, 01:41 AM
The rehearsal outfits may be easier to do. Especially if you're like me and typically piece costumes together.

On another note, sometimes I wish I could be blonde. I love my red hair but for some reason many of the characters I cosplay are blondes. I have a good length to style into Baby Doll but I've previously tried dying my hair for cosplay and I just end up with a lighter shade of red.

Heatherling
03-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Looooove Babydoll's shiny outfit.

benihime
03-27-2011, 03:34 PM
i really liked the rehearsal outfits as well! although babydoll's corset has some pretty crazy line designs.

I plan to do her coral pajamas and carry around a pistol and do some emo type makeup or her asylum outfit :)

One day I plan to do her bling outfit, but that'll be when I lose weight :)

AXEL5489
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
i really whant to cosplay rocket but her outfit looks so confusing! althrough out watching the movie i was trying to see what it was ! if anyone has any good pics or idead please pm me!

browncoatnaruto
03-28-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm planning a Babydoll cosplay for later on this year. I've already got the wig and I'm working on the headbands, both the black one for her warrior outfit and the sparkly one for her burlesque outfit. I was thinking of doing her rehearsal outfit too. ^__^

Heatherling
03-28-2011, 02:22 AM
i really whant to cosplay rocket but her outfit looks so confusing! althrough out watching the movie i was trying to see what it was ! if anyone has any good pics or idead please pm me!
http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/
Click the "Sucker Punch" tag and there's detailed shots of all the costumes! :)

Melima331
03-29-2011, 02:24 AM
My thrown together Baby doll for the opening: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2887100/
I used my own hair to save money on a wig. I want to eventually make the sword and gun to go with it, but for now it's just an extra costume I can bring to cons if I want something fun and easy to wear.

benihime
03-29-2011, 10:48 AM
awesome job melima! Just putting that out there though, you look A LOT like sweat pea :)

Tealeafy
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
@Melima: I can't believe you made that outfit by modifying existing clothes. It looks just like her outfit in the movie. And I second benihime-- you'd be an awesome Sweet Pea. ^^

Planning to make Rocket for ConnectiCon, and I'll also be helping my best friend make her Babydoll cosplay.

Melima331
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah Sweet Pea is the one I really want to make, but that one is going to take a little more effort, so it have to wait until I finish my thesis.

Shana05
03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
I was stuck at Joann's today because I locked myself out the car. So while I was waiting for my dad to come, I looked at fabric I could use for Baby Doll. I did find some lightweight denim. Although I'm going to see if I can find good pieces to alter like I've seen other people do. If I don't I know what fabric to use.

mdelgiorno17
03-30-2011, 02:18 AM
So, I made a Baby Doll cosplay for MegaCon. I wasn't really that interested in doing it when my friend first told me that she was making Sweet Pea and Rocket for herself and her sister, but I decided to join the group anyway since I had a bunch of denim from Goodwill that I hadn't used for much since buying it. I shy away from bikinis, so I was not excited to bare my middle. Despite making the top at 4 AM the day of the convention, I was actually pretty pleased with how the whole thing went together and looked on me. I wish I had pictures, but I look terrible and washed out because I didn't realize that I hadn't put on enough makeup for photos; I also didn't practice posing or anything. My skirt ended up being too long even though I shortened it once after making it; I was a little too body conscious to just go ahead and make it the right length. I think I'm going to just go ahead and shorten it again before MTAC though, because I want it to look right. Hopefully I'll get some good photos after I make that alteration and play with my make-up and facial expressions more. Who knew that taking photos would be more difficult than making the darn costumes??

I'll be starting on a Rocket costume for a co-worker soon as well. I'm actually excited about making this one and wish that the character hadn't been claimed by my friend's sister!

GlassCannon
03-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, for anyone working on SweetPea, I've gathered quite a few reference pictures from all sorts of sources, about 66 pictures total. I zipped up the file and uploaded it to sendspace here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/apia2t so feel to grab it if you're looking for reference pics. ;)

Keichiokami
03-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I think I want to do a male-version Baby Doll with shorts or dungarees instead of a skirt. Does anyone know where I can get the cracker jack sailor suit pattern? Denim I can get from a friend who works at Joanns, its the pattern I really need.

Keichiokami
03-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Just joined this thread, seen a few talk about attempting the Madam Gorski costume.

I am going to tackle her costume for SDCC this year. I have all this type of stuff in my wardrobe any way. Dominant female is my type of thang so she is perfect for me.

But I heard there are other costumes she will wear in the movie, none can be found online yet, only this promo shot. After I see the movie, I will make my decision which one I will do.

Anyone getting a Sucker Punch group together for SDCC and DragonCon this year? Would love to have a full group of all the girls with the Madam to walk around, cosplay and take pics with! :D

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/348793/carla-gugino-and-sucker-punch-gallery.jpg

I am actually organizing a group for SDCC. I was planning on the Wise Old Man or Blue, my friend Para is already planning on Baby Doll. You are more than welcome to join us.

mikcy
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
I loveedddd the movie! I've been eyeing Rocket's costume since I first saw it and I love it even more now! I also loved Babydoll's last outfit, but I wouldn't suit her. :< Hellooo Rocket!

jesspark
04-02-2011, 02:52 AM
So I figured I'd finally jump in here now that I have some halfway decent photos. =) I started looking at doing a Sweet Pea costume last year, and I debuted it at a live figure-drawing event about a week and a half before MegaCon.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196530_195968137100946_159619867402440_554766_7979 626_n.jpg

More photos, both from the day I received the main corset/cloak in the mail and from Mystery Sketch Theater, are here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45184&id=159619867402440).

Naturally, I also wore it to MegaCon! One of my friends made a stunning Babydoll, while my husband dressed as one of the steam-powered undead soldiers from the warzone action sequence. I'm slowly adding pictures from the con to this album (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46263&id=159619867402440). DavinDaLilAzn took some awesome ones!

I'm still tweaking some things and making changes now that the movie's out and I have more accurate references, but I hope to have everything ironed out by the time Dragon*Con rolls around, and I look forward to seeing many of you there! :D

Lightane
04-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Saw the movie yesterday and I loved it. Rocket definitely grabbed my attention, she's so awesome x3. I'm thinking of cosplaying Rocket sometime in the future, I just dunno when :T

shemeno
04-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I have a group of me and 4 friends that are thinking about doing the group. Gonna try and debut the group this summer.

Lucifer
04-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I've seen the film twice and am inspired to make Baby Doll. This will probably a while from now though, when I am fit enough to do so.

Kat Murz
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Loved the movie, working on a default Babydoll and Sparkle!doll costume as well. Really, really want the sparkle one XD Excited.

Got my wig today: wig loovvee (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206662_10150202311616187_600816186_8651640_1792202 _n.jpg)

Not 100% the shade I was expecting, but the style is working really well. Very excited for these costumes ^__^

Shana05
04-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Loved the movie, working on a default Babydoll and Sparkle!doll costume as well. Really, really want to sparkle one XD Excited.

Got my wig today: wig loovvee (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206662_10150202311616187_600816186_8651640_1792202 _n.jpg)

Not 100% the shade I was expecting, but the style is working really well. Very excited for these costumes ^__^

I was just about to ask for Baby Doll wig suggestions. Where did you get yours?

Kat Murz
04-05-2011, 01:10 AM
E-bay, sadly I didn't think to save the site because they didn't really have another other wigs I wanted. I just searched blond wavy wig really lol

u2ecila
04-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone!
I am working on Babydoll's Bling sparkly white school girl costume for DCON.

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Sucker+Punch_Emily+Browning.jpg

Outside of the great photos posted on RPF, I am still searching for more pictures of this outfit. So if anyone has any more, I would love to see them!

:)

I have a pair of the grey suede Naturalizer Pixie shoes which I think will work well. I also have the black ones which would be a good starting point for the standard BD outfit. (Very comfy for walking around, which is always a bonus in costuming!)

http://www.famousfootwear.com/productimages/shoes_ia75045.jpg

Jess - your Sweet Pea looks amazing!!!

cheers,
u2ecila

Shana05
04-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know what the thing is that holds the sword on Babydoll's back? I want to look for tutorials on making that but I need to know what it's called.

Edit: another question, what's a good airsoft gun to use for Babydoll?

Tealeafy
04-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know what the thing is that holds the sword on Babydoll's back? I want to look for tutorials on making that but I need to know what it's called.

It's called a sheath or a scabbard.
Here's a good tutorial:
http://chioky.deviantart.com/art/The-Scabbard-Tutorial-Part-1-91534766

Does anyone know where I could find a cheap jacket to modify into a Sweet Pea coat? I've been searching for a while and can't find anything that looks good and isn't expensive.

doragon
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Edit: another question, what's a good airsoft gun to use for Babydoll?

I honestly ordered my gun from Amazon xD I got a cheap-ish one and painted it silver with the wood accents to look like hers.

ellygirl
04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Would anyone happen to know where I can find the hat of amber? or how I can make this?
I have no idea how this kind of hat is called, I have googled around but I can't seem to find the name.

Lucifer
04-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have any good screen shots of Baby Doll's asylum outfit (the uniform with the dark blue jacket). I have hunted everywhere but only find her battle outfit or the one she wore in the bordello/world.

Thanks for any help!

doragon
04-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have any good screen shots of Baby Doll's asylum outfit (the uniform with the dark blue jacket). I have hunted everywhere but only find her battle outfit or the one she wore in the bordello/world.

Thanks for any help!
This one?
http://chirigami.net/misc/babydoll01.jpeg
http://chirigami.net/misc/babydoll02.jpeg
http://chirigami.net/misc/babydoll03.jpeg

This is still technically in the bordello world, so this is actually her 'orphanage' outfit since the outfit in the real asylum is a little darker and the sailor collar is the same material as the dress. There are only like two pictures of that version in the artbook and one of them is hard to see the details of the dress, but since they have the same build I scanned at least the one that shows you the difference in the top ~

http://chirigami.net/misc/sweetpea01.jpeg

Lucifer
04-11-2011, 03:53 PM
This one?

This is still technically in the bordello world, so this is actually her 'orphanage' outfit since the outfit in the real asylum is a little darker and the sailor collar is the same material as the dress. There are only like two pictures of that version in the artbook and one of them is hard to see the details of the dress, but since they have the same build I scanned at least the one that shows you the difference in the top ~

http://chirigami.net/misc/sweetpea01.jpeg

Yep that's it! I had the artbook but was getting confused by the slight differences. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
What do you all think about this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180626458180&category=60188&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1392wt_905) wig for Baby Doll? It looks absolutely adorable in the picture and I want it...but would like to know what everyone thinks about it :)

Shana05
04-11-2011, 08:13 PM
What do you all think about this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180626458180&category=60188&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1392wt_905) wig for Baby Doll? It looks absolutely adorable in the picture and I want it...but would like to know what everyone thinks about it :)

It looks like it could work with the right styling but I'm a noob to wig styling. On a related note, I'm thinking of trying to style my Lady Gaga wig for Baby Doll. Might as well try it to see if I don't need to buy another one.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and got it :)

I also found all the items I need to order offline for the costume. Made me a shopping list! I'm getting very excited now. Just need to find some props...A gun (any gun will do now. Not trying to be terribly accurate) and need a wooden sword + scabbard to paint and add details

Tigress
04-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Would anyone happen to know where I can find the hat of amber? or how I can make this?
I have no idea how this kind of hat is called, I have googled around but I can't seem to find the name.

Military surplus. Since Amber is a pilot, you may want to look at Air Force uniforms first. Bring a picture to your local military surplus store and they can point you in the right direction.

u2ecila
04-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any more photos of Babydoll's white sparkly outfit (looking for shots of the skirt)?
Thanks!

blacksheep214
04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Amber hat is a WW 1/2 British side cap. You my be ableto get one off of ebay bit they go pretty high. After an exhausting search I found a replica here

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=3594&bc=no

blacksheep214
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Amber's hat is a British side cap
They have replicas on the what price glory website.
I have also seen originals on ebay

Raffi
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey everyone!
I hope you don't mind if I ask that what do you think about these:

www.cosplay.com/photo/2903902/

Details: http://raffi-nyaunyau.deviantart.com/#/d3e4he7

Thanks so much ^^

Shana05
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Those look great, Raffi.

I have some fabric from another project that I think I can use for the sailor collar. It's slightly off-white. Here's it (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/Sango1115/DSCF0288.jpg) with the bias tape I plan to use to make the stripes. Should I leave it as-is, dye it so it's more grey, or get something else?

Tealeafy
04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
@Raffi: Your Babydoll charms look amazing! The bunny charm's face is so detailed.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I am totally blanking at the moment and can't seem to find a really good picture...
what color are Baby Doll's eyes?
I've been going with "blue" but now that I might actually order my contacts tomorrow I want to make sure I'm getting the right color

Callesto
04-22-2011, 01:23 AM
I am totally blanking at the moment and can't seem to find a really good picture...
what color are Baby Doll's eyes?
I've been going with "blue" but now that I might actually order my contacts tomorrow I want to make sure I'm getting the right color

They're a pretty crazy hazel actually! Gold surrounded by a green ring.

u2ecila
04-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi,
Here is a good close up of Babydoll's eye color:

Close up (http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/sucker-punch-costume-thread-b-doll.jpg-49563d1301638898)

cheers!

Tealeafy
04-24-2011, 10:30 AM
My Babydoll and I are finally going to start our cosplays. We're getting a very early start because of all the different components to the outfits. This should be a fun challenge! ^^ As of right now, I'm preparing to make my Rocket cosplay from scratch. I think making my own patterns would be the best route.

Is Rocket's hat (in the mission world) basically a leather version of the nurses' hats in the asylum? I noticed that when I saw the movie a second time, but I wasn't sure.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh wow. Her eyes are a weird color! So going with green would probably be more accurate then blue.
I managed to get some fabric for Baby Doll AND my wig came in!

Shana05
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I started working in Baby Doll's skirt. Also I would like to see your wig when you're done styling it, Jessi.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM
I'll definently post pics when I get a chance to style it (which will be Tuesday probably) unfortunately I can't put it on my head yet! I have big hair right now because of fancy Easter dressup lol!

04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to be Baby Doll too. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/355043/

Don't have that many photos yet. I'm so excited! :D

mdelgiorno17
04-26-2011, 12:42 AM
After another convention feeling uncomfortable in my own skin, I decided that I would take some "practice" photos and dragged my husband outside with the camera tonight. Surprisingly, he didn't complain about being forced to play photographer. I finally have some photos of my costume that I'm not embarrassed to share: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/367495/

I also put together a Rocket costume for my friend to wear to a convention this past weekend. I procrastinated and didn't start until a few days before the convention, so I didn't finish many pieces and rushed through pretty much everything. Despite that, I'm in love with the way she wore it and pulled it off. A bunch of people recognized it, and she really got into posing- it was her first convention!

Pictures:
http://mdelgiorno17.deviantart.com/#/d3ewm71

http://mdelgiorno17.deviantart.com/#/d3ewm0u

http://mdelgiorno17.deviantart.com/#/d3ewlxs

Rei-Hino
04-26-2011, 03:03 AM
@ mdelgiorno wauw you look great...!!!
The Rocket costume you made for your friend looks really good to..
Nice job..!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Here is my wig. The blue fabric is what I'm using to make the costume. Its a magnificent denim
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/jessichan99/babydoll_wig.jpg

edit: the sun kind of washed out the blonde XD i really love the wig though

Shana05
04-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I love the wig, I guess I'm going to get the one you did.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
I didn't part it so if you're parting idk if I'd recommend this particular wig. Finding matching wefts could be difficult.

I just don't like parting or pre-parted wigs lol

04-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Good wig find and the curls are perfect. No need to do much to it. I had to straighten mine because it's the closest thing to Baby Dolls and has ringlets! Are those long bangs? That'd work great!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-27-2011, 08:49 PM
The bangs may not be too long actually on my head. I having put it on yet D: don't wanna mess up my current hair by stuffing it under a wig haha

g00dapple
04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
I'm going to be doing the sparkly babydoll outfit for anime expo. I've never done a sailor collar before, are they hard?

Kat Murz
04-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Charms for my gun arrived today, I lack sculpting skills for such small pieces so I ordered from Thebird-Thebee. Beautiful pieces, very happy with them <3 <3

My holster is done! Just need to finish my top and then I'll post picks o3o It's so pretty, so happy I decided to go with real leather and went crawling to a leather worker friend going "hheelllpp, leather; how does it work?!!!"

SKIRT PROGRESS AHOY! (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/221872_10150228655326187_600816186_8849059_5120303 _n.jpg)

Bad photo, so hard to see the weave of the fabric but it's fairly close to screen (well, as close as I could find and in the color I needed) the stripe is made out of the same fabric I'm using for the collar, still need to sew the second one on..I hate hand sewing >.> reading really blue in this photo though, it's a pale, washed out gray in person.

Hope to finish the costume it's self this week, I finally got my shoes and socks; the wooden bokken I'm moding is on it's way and the gun's almost done! So excited to wear this costume X3!!

Tealeafy
04-28-2011, 07:46 AM
@Kat Murz: The skirt looks really nice! Very neat pleats. ^^

I finished making the base of my Rocket hat last night. I'm going to either paint it black and texture it or cover it with faux-leather this week. It was constructed with thin cardboard and hot glue.

Photo 1 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2915040/)
Photo 2 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2915041/)
Photo 3 (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2915042/)

Shana05
04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Charms for my gun arrived today, I lack sculpting skills for such small pieces so I ordered from Thebird-Thebee. Beautiful pieces, very happy with them <3 <3

My holster is done! Just need to finish my top and then I'll post picks o3o It's so pretty, so happy I decided to go with real leather and went crawling to a leather worker friend going "hheelllpp, leather; how does it work?!!!"

SKIRT PROGRESS AHOY! (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/221872_10150228655326187_600816186_8849059_5120303 _n.jpg)

Bad photo, so hard to see the weave of the fabric but it's fairly close to screen (well, as close as I could find and in the color I needed) the stripe is made out of the same fabric I'm using for the collar, still need to sew the second one on..I hate hand sewing >.> reading really blue in this photo though, it's a pale, washed out gray in person.

Hope to finish the costume it's self this week, I finally got my shoes and socks; the wooden bokken I'm moding is on it's way and the gun's almost done! So excited to wear this costume X3!!

Great job on the skirt. I got a start on it but I was saving work for this weekend as my parents were going out of town. But plans may have changed. I got the base of my charms made, I need to paint the details though. I'm currently watching an airsoft gun on ebay.

I'm going to be doing the sparkly babydoll outfit for anime expo. I've never done a sailor collar before, are they hard?
I've never done it either but I looked at several tutorials for them. I also have a purchased costume with a sailor collar so I was going to look at that.

here's some tutorials on dA:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sailor+collar+tutorial#/d2r0kjg

g00dapple
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
I've never done it either but I looked at several tutorials for them. I also have a purchased costume with a sailor collar so I was going to look at that.

here's some tutorials on dA:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sailor+collar+tutorial#/d2r0kjg

Yaay, thank you so much!

Shana05
04-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok, my mom is freaking out over what pattern I choose for Baby Doll's top, which I plan to alter. I think it's a little crazy but out of curiosity, what is everyone else using?

mdelgiorno17
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
I went with McCall's 2094. I already had it in my stash, and the darts are in the right places for Baby Doll's top. I had to crop it, puff one of the sleeve pieces, trim down the neckline, and create my own sailor collar. It went together really easily. :-)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I just picked up Simplicity 2223. Only going to need slight modifications. And only $1.99 at Hobby Lobby this week!

Shana05
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
That one is actually pretty similar to the one I'm using. It's actually a jacket pattern but I noticed that her top is button-down, it's just hard to see the buttons because the scarf usually covers them.

I got my wig in pigtails and it's looking good. I put curlers in one of them. The hair is so thick I didn't have enough curlers to put all of it up. Although, this is just a test if it doesn't work I'll get a wig that's already curly. I just thought I give it a try to see if I could reuse this wig.

_black_cat_
05-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone!
When i saw the movie i wanted to make Sweet Pea, but i've had only one week till Voronezh Con, so.. here is my Babydoll cosplay =)
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/29/2920413.jpg
more photos here http://www.cosplay.com/costume/368840/

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Very pretty! You did a good job.

Raffi
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey there everyone!

I'm done with my charms now: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2921801/ and I really wanted to show to you ^^
I can wait to wear B-Doll at next weekend!

@Black Cat: I love your skirt really much!

Chaletica
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Looks nice, great job!

Shana05
05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Nice job, Black Cat.

I got my gun today and I plan to paint the handle to look more accurate. I also got a lot of work done on the top, but it looks like I'll have to alter the neckline, it's not low enough. My skirt is almost done but I got confused. My mom never seems to have the time to help me.

Skuirely
05-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Just a contribution from the guys side :P

I am currently in the process of making the center Giant samurai armor, main work is done,
Hat to go and a few more armor pieces.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5350/photo0726b.th.jpg (http://img706.imageshack.us/i/photo0726b.jpg/)

Tealeafy
05-07-2011, 11:00 AM
@Skuirely: The armor looks awesome! I'm glad someone is cosplaying the samurai. ^^

Worked on Babydoll's skirt and finished the hat for my Rocket cosplay last night. I can't believe my friend and I got so much done! First time pleating. Ever. I thought it would be absolute hell, but it was actually really fun!

Skirt Progress (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2925334/)

Rocket Hat (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2925335/)

Kat Murz
05-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Made some more progress on my Babydoll costume, aside from the sword I'm hoping to finish it this week!

The gun has the charms on it as well, they were commissioned from the wonderful thebirdthebee and look GREAT.

The images on the gun are water slide decals and went on smooth and awesome, still need to do touch ups of the silver paint in places where it's not sticking very well and paint the grip.

The holster was made by my friend, who is a wonderful leather worker.
I really wanted a real leather holster for this costume like hers <3
But I don't know leather working (yet). He did a great job, I love it ^__^

progress! (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2924515/)

Shana05
05-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I got the collar made. I always found elpheal's tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iVT0vPtBc) confusing. I thought it would be really difficult but when I actually went ahead and did it, it became easy. Simply following her measurements made drafting the pattern simple. Although I did it twice.

But now that the collar is made, it's clear I need to take the neckline down a bit more. I also need to take it in but I was going to wait until I have my belt to do that.

My gun is pretty much done. I finished the charms but I'm painting the handle to more closely resemble the real one.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Holy moley I hand drew the engravings on the sword today. Took a few years off my life @_@

browncoatnaruto
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I've got a question: does anybody know what colour the jewels are on Babydoll's sparkly burlesque outfit? In some shots they look blue and others green. I want to try and be as accurate as possible. 0.o

Callesto
05-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I've got a question: does anybody know what colour the jewels are on Babydoll's sparkly burlesque outfit? In some shots they look blue and others green. I want to try and be as accurate as possible. 0.o

She has both blue gems and crystal ab gems on her outfit. The crystal ab ones are crazy expensive though so I just went with plain crystal for what I couldn't afford.

g00dapple
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I bought some crystal ab on ebay, a lot cheaper than what the online retailers have them for.

Does anyone think that McCall's pattern m6285 will work for Babydolls sparkle top:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dNINfD9MA44/TbCn2xd0L8I/AAAAAAAAG78/d4vo4FMpdVw/s1600/M6285.jpg

The one the model is wearing and the white top. Minus the pockets and cropped a tiny bit more :P

browncoatnaruto
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
She has both blue gems and crystal ab gems on her outfit. The crystal ab ones are crazy expensive though so I just went with plain crystal for what I couldn't afford.

Ok thank you. I wanted to be sure before I went shopping for this cosplay. :bigtu:

ScarletNvrland
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
As predicted earlier, there are Halloween versions of these costumes available on costumecraze.com :P

http://www.costumecraze.com/search.php#searchtext=sucker,punch

Anywho...I've decided to tackle Amber's costume. It's my fave :)

But it looks like everyone's doing Baby Doll or Sweet Pea...anyone else doing Amber?

Heatherling
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I did Amber's costume. :) Chaps are surprisingly comfortable!

Shana05
05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
As predicted earlier, there are Halloween versions of these costumes available on costumecraze.com :P

http://www.costumecraze.com/search.php#searchtext=sucker,punch

Anywho...I've decided to tackle Amber's costume. It's my fave :)

But it looks like everyone's doing Baby Doll or Sweet Pea...anyone else doing Amber?

I think what I'm making looks better. Although I think I will get the sword when it becomes available.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Random quick question: anyone know what the pleats are called in Baby Doll's skirt or a tutorial on how to do them? My pattern attempts to tell me but its not very clear. I'm very close to finishing the costume :) can't wait to show everyone here. My con is in about 15 days.

Scarlet: I really love Amber's design. I would have done it if I hadn't committed to Baby Doll lol. I love all the designs actually. At one point I was going to devote the entire year to making them ALL but then I changed my mind lol

lumierie
05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Random quick question: anyone know what the pleats are called in Baby Doll's skirt or a tutorial on how to do them? My pattern attempts to tell me but its not very clear. I'm very close to finishing the costume :) can't wait to show everyone here. My con is in about 15 days.

Scarlet: I really love Amber's design. I would have done it if I hadn't committed to Baby Doll lol. I love all the designs actually. At one point I was going to devote the entire year to making them ALL but then I changed my mind lol

They're called "box pleats". :)

ScarletNvrland
05-12-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm stuck on ideas for Amber's bomber jacket & the corset or bra thing she wears underneath it. Since I'm not good at sewing this is probably going to end up being a closet cosplay but with lots of the detail added on (since I'm really good with detail :) )

Does anyone have any sugestions for her jacket?

Tealeafy
05-12-2011, 07:37 PM

Here's a really helpful tutorial my friend and I used while making her Babydoll skirt. It makes the box pleats extremely simple.
Babydoll Skirt Tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbxUNIkc5Gw)
Hope it helps! ^^ Can't wait to see the whole costume.

My Rocket wig came today! ^^ Spiking should be fun.
Rocket Wig (Pre-Styling) (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2928999/)
I also made some major progress on her outfit last night. I'm so anxious to finish it even though I have two months left before the convention. Hoping to finish my friend's Babydoll outfit soon, too.

lumierie
05-12-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm stuck on ideas for Amber's bomber jacket & the corset or bra thing she wears underneath it. Since I'm not good at sewing this is probably going to end up being a closet cosplay but with lots of the detail added on (since I'm really good with detail :) )

Hello,

If you're not going to sew, just buy a "high altitude flight suit" off ebay then modify it. I read from the folks at the RPF forum (http://www.therpf.com/f24/sucker-punch-costume-thread-92563/index2.html). http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/stephen210/IMG_0394.jpg. If you are planning to do this too, please do drop by their forum and thank them. ^^

But if you plan to sew...

I've also done Amber, posted photos here, just browse through my account. Technically, you can just draft an ordinary bodice sloper and you're good to go but in my case. I used a cheongsam(?) pattern for the jacket mainly because of the standing collar, I don't know how to draft collars from scratch. Added bonus: Since cheongsams are figure-hugging/body fit, it made my life a bit easier when comes to making the costume fit my body like a glove.

Modifications I've done;

1. Increased the height of the collar, mine ended up about 2 1/2 inches high.
2. Modified the front closure (?). Cheongsams are buttoned on the side, I moved it to the center replaced w/ zipper
3. Drafted the sleeves from scratch.
4. Shorten the length, since Amber's jacket sits above the navel.

For the inner top, my interpretation was it's like a tube top or a bandeau. Just buy the a tube top or bandeau and add the trim. I drafted mine from scratch and added boning since I'm not as "gifted" as Jamie Chung so I need all the help I can get. :P

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
lumierie and tealeafy: thanks so much!!! <3

ScarletNvrland
05-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks so much Lumiere! Unfortunately I can't sew worth a damn, so modifying and adding detail (like the lacing) is going to be key and also a challenge.

Your Amber is so kick-ass! I'm a little intimidated, not gonna lie ahahahaha! But that's a good thing :)

I'm so stoked now :D

lumierie
05-13-2011, 12:01 AM

Thanks so much Lumiere! Unfortunately I can't sew worth a damn, so modifying and adding detail (like the lacing) is going to be key and also a challenge.

Your Amber is so kick-ass! I'm a little intimidated, not gonna lie ahahahaha! But that's a good thing :)

I'm so stoked now :D

Thanks. It was roughly 5 months in the making since it was my first time to sew a costume by myself and I have a 24/7 on call day job. Anyway, go with the flight suit , :P Amber's costume was based on that anyway.

Shana05
05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know what that scarf thing Baby Doll wears is called and/or know of a tutorial on how to make it? I figured I would just cut out a long piece of fabric but I wanted to ask before doing that.

Edit: I started my Baby Doll costume page, but right now I only have pics of the gun.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/370741/

jukebox
05-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Lord help me, I'm gonna be Madame Gorski. @_@ If anyone needs me I'll be drowning in corsetry tutorials and trying to find a good pimpstick.

@Shana: it's pretty much a sailor-style collar, if that's what you mean? This might come in handy: http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com/Making_a_Sailor_Collar.html It's the clearest and easiest step-by-step guide I've seen.

Kat Murz
05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Made more progress on Babydoll! woo
gotta do the
- Belt loops for Holster
- Buttons on shirt, skirt and sleeves
- Fix wonky collar (it does something weird on the left side once I get the holster on..)
- tack down scarf
- Pray sword comes in time for me to mod. it/period for A.N (the first two places I ordered from....canceled my order with a full refund because they were out of stock *head desk* )
- Pray new wig comes, cause I found the perfect one for a good price and how yellow mine is, is bugging me.

proogrresss, yaayy (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2929473/)

ScarletNvrland
05-14-2011, 12:29 AM
So looks like with having very limited income (I haven't worked due to being in the hospital) I won't have the means to have Amber done by SDCC (and I won't be able to even go :( )

So this will have to be a Halloween costume. I have the fishnets already and some black bikini bottoms that I'll be sewing white fringe onto. When I next have money I'll be scoping out for a bustier to modify. I also have a Garrison cap that I can modify and the choker will be simple.

The chaps, jacket, belt, and holster are going to be the death of me.

No luck on finding a high altitude flight suit and I'm not savvy with sewing either. Yet I refuse to just buy a costume :P stubbornness rears it's ugly head.

I can't figure out how to do the lacing detail. :-/

Shana05
05-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I'm having trouble finding a gun holster. Does anyone know where I can find one, hopefully that's not too expensive?

I did have the other idea of making a Sam Browne belt and putting a clip-on gun holster on it.

While she is wearing a shoulder holster, she also has a Sam Brown belt. I just thought this would be a cheaper alternative as all the shoulder holster I'm finding are expensive.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sucker%20punch%20baby%20doll/missquequito/suckerpunch%20and%20celebs/Sucker_Punch_-_Baby_Doll_02.jpg?o=1

Kat Murz
05-14-2011, 09:43 AM
That's not a Sam Brown belt, the one across her chest is just the strap for her katana scabbard. You can see on the figure that it's not attached, because she's holding it not wearing it: referance (http://www.figures.com/forums/attachments/news/11625d1285176234-sucker-punch-baby-doll-statue-1suckerpunchbabydoll.jpg)

Aside from making it you're not going to really find a holster for cheap/as accurate since any moderns ones vary from the older style of hers. You can try sporting good stores, but even then for a full shoulder holster I don't know if you're going to find one for very cheap

Mrs. Golden
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I didn't know anything about Sucker Punch until my boyfriend took me to the movies. It was AMAZING. Well at least the costumes and the visual effects. Couldn't help but cosplaying in my mind already, while I should be just enjoying the movie. :p

I don't think it's gonna be the exact same costume as one of those girls, I'd rather do a mix between cool elements. Can't choose, every costume has things I like and things I dislike. Also because I like Ambers costume the most (military stuff, yay!!!) but I'm a bit (well, a lot) too insecure to go around walking with my ass/front showing like that. Also don't want my tummy to be over-exposed, it's not flat enough.

What I have in mind comes down to a military shirt, covered with a black underbust corset (I LOVE corsets), fishnet panty and green-ish ripped tights. For the almost naked parts, I have a leather skirt idea. Short in the front, longer on the backside. Furthermore: lots of buckled things (don't know how to call them), some steampunk accessoires and lots of epic weapons.

Oh yes, forgot the hair: red hair in Amber style with that hat thing (also don't know how to call this in English, anyone? I still need to find this.)

In the meanwhile while gathering money for the costume: lose weight! Fitness forum board, here I come!

Shana05
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I was reading the EGL board and found this tutorial which I think would be good for Baby Doll's top. Mine is already done but I thought I bring it up here for anyone else who wants to cosplay her.

http://egl.livejournal.com/12734349.html

g00dapple
06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I was reading the EGL board and found this tutorial which I think would be good for Baby Doll's top. Mine is already done but I thought I bring it up here for anyone else who wants to cosplay her.

Cool! I've been having issues with the collar measurements so this helps a lot :D

Kat Murz
06-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Wore Babydoll for the first time to a con a few weekends ago, Sword came the day before I left so I only had time to do the designs on the blade and paint the scabbard; no time to re-wrap the hilt or do the guard; so I'll have to update that for the next time it's worn.

Also forgot my hand wrap at home and my more accurate wig arrived AFTER I'd left; so I'm wearing my older one in these photos. Still, was very happy with how it came out, had a ton of fun wearing it!!

Photos of me by LCP (SHE'S SO AWESOME!) here (http://liquidcocaine-photos.deviantart.com/gallery/)

new wig, yay (http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/rplarpstuffs/Baby.jpg)

RaptorAdapter
06-08-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm a few days off from finishing my Amber costume and I got to thinking about who else is bringing their Sucker Punch costumes to Dragon*Con. :)

I've created an event invite on Facebook if you'd like to meet up with other SP cosplayers! Totally informal, so feel free to invite friends.

Sucker Punch Meetup/Photoshoot at Dragon*Con (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225722374122412#!/event.php?eid=225722374122412)

Can't wait to see everyone's hard work!

Riina Kwaad
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I'll be bringing Mdm Gorski. I don't think I can pull off any of the other gals ;)

shemeno
06-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good picture of the design on baby dolls sword. I am looking to work on the design now, but i need a good picture

Annwyn
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
I just finished my Baby Doll and wore her to Fanime. She'll be going to many more cons! I'm working on a second one now as a commission for a friend. This costume is sooo much fun!

I'm planning on bringing my Baby Doll to Dragon*Con too!

lostjuly
06-28-2011, 05:06 PM

this is reeeally helpful, thanks for sharing!

Tealeafy
06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good picture of the design on baby dolls sword. I am looking to work on the design now, but i need a good picture

I know it might be a little late, but here are two good pictures of the design:
Picture 1 (http://images.wikia.com/movieweapon/images/5/5d/Sucker_Punch_babydoll_katana_design.jpg)
Picture 2 (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SmkJwz51TUU/TYE5wlPSbgI/AAAAAAAAaaA/-h8qVR_kZSo/s800/Sucker%2BPunch%2Bbabydoll%2Bkatana.jpg)

I picked up the Extended Cut DVD today. Needless to say, it helped me sit down for a good amount of time and get a lot of work done on our costumes. -- The con is in about two weeks. :eek: I haven't even started my friend's Blondie cosplay, but I think I can do it.

I styled my Rocket wig today:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2975986/

And I finished my friend's Babydoll skirt:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2975987/

jukebox
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
x_x man, finding an auburn beehive wig in the right style is proving to be fairly challenging! I found one or two that might work on costume shops from the UK, though. I'm worried that it'll come out a mess if I do it myself, I'm not too sure how I'd go about styling bouffant/beehive for a wig.

Also, does anyone have any clue what the top of Gorski's cane looks like? o_o;; I really need to pick up the extended DVD...

@Tealeafy- oh, my gosh! Your Rocket wig looks absolutely adorable. <3 It's really difficult to get the anime-spikes look to be realistic and cute and you did a wonderful job with it. ^_^

Tealeafy
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
@Tealeafy- oh, my gosh! Your Rocket wig looks absolutely adorable. <3 It's really difficult to get the anime-spikes look to be realistic and cute and you did a wonderful job with it. ^_^

Thank you! ^^

boxxcatgirl
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know of any patterns I can use for BD's asylum dress?

This one:

Tealeafy
07-11-2011, 07:40 AM
My friends and I wore our Sucker Punch costumes to ConnectiCon this past weekend. I'm really pleased with the way they came out, especially since I was worried that I might not finish them in the first place. ^^ More pics on the way!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2988477/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2988680/
(Me as Rocket & BabyDoll778 as Babydoll)

Lucifer
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Boxxcatgirl: That's her orphan girl outfit, which is different then the asylum dress (the asylum dress has no neck tie, the trim is not as thick, and is of a darker color & rougher texture).

I made the asylum dress, though I made it with smaller pleats due to limited fabric. The base dress as an old school 50's dress, with modified skirt. I tried finding patterns closer to the actual dress, but was unsuccessful.

Rei2Rei
07-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Has anyone found any good base swords for Baby Doll? I've been searching nonstop these past few days, but haven't had any luck. I was hoping to find a plastic katana with an already brown wrapped handle and sheath.

Shana05
07-11-2011, 11:09 PM
I plan to buy this sword (http://www.costumecraze.com/PUNCH02.html). It's not in stock yet so I'm waiting for it. It doesn't say what it's made of but I think it's plastic.

Narnian
07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm hoping to make a Blondie cosplay in the near future. Any suggestions on patterns or fabric to use and where to get the best price? I want to get it as close to the movie as possible without completely breaking my checkbook.

There are a whole bunch of pictures of the actual movie costumes here: http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2011/03/original-movie-props-from-sucker-punch.html.

MalteseLizzie
07-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to make the scabbard? I tried make one out of felt: it had loops on it, so that i could slide it over and belt, which buckled over the front. The problem is that hte weight of the sword made the scabbard flop over.

I'm also trying to figure out the holster. I've found a basic pattern, I just have to make the darn thing . . .hope I find pleather in the right colour.

Tealeafy
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to make the scabbard? I tried make one out of felt: it had loops on it, so that i could slide it over and belt, which buckled over the front. The problem is that hte weight of the sword made the scabbard flop over.

I'm also trying to figure out the holster. I've found a basic pattern, I just have to make the darn thing . . .hope I find pleather in the right colour.

My friend made the base of her scabbard with paper towel rolls, then we covered it in leather. Depending on the size of your sword this method might not work, but it helps to give the scabbard more structure.

Sayla Aris
08-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello everyone. I'm working on a Rocket costume and am having so much problems trying to figure out how to make her boots.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xOdMkHON1Ig/TX0VgRLgDUI/AAAAAAAAaTM/vZfCDfR_Z1A/s800/Sucker%2BPunch%2Brocket%2Bboots.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3ehCZEQuFTQ/TX0WAEqA4xI/AAAAAAAAaT8/V6MxHzJ6RBg/s800/SuckerPunch%2BRocket%2Bcostume%2Bback.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do for at least the leather aspect of them?

Shana05
08-15-2011, 07:44 PM
I finally got a picture of me in the final costume. It's not the most flattering because of my posture but it took so long, I don't care anymore.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3026586/

Narnian
08-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Sayla - I would buy a pair of shoes that fit the bottom part of the shoes, use them as bases, and either make a boot cover or add the rest of the detailing.

Shana - Great job! You did very well with your costume!

chrislola
09-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Does anyone have a good pattern for Babydoll's top? I have a tutorial for the sailor color, but I haven't a clue how to do the actual top. Please help!

mdelgiorno17
09-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have a good pattern for Babydoll's top? I have a tutorial for the sailor color, but I haven't a clue how to do the actual top. Please help!

I used McCall's 2094 (http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m2094-products-682.php?page_id=1286). It was in my stash, and it had the darts in the back, at the side bust, and under the bust; I also knew that it fit me. I did have to crop it, alter the neckline, and draft the sailor collar pattern to match, and I had to shorten the long sleeves and add cuffs. It wasn't difficult, but there might be a pattern that's a better match if you don't want to mess with that stuff. I didn't bother looking, because this pattern had the important bits that I was looking for and was easy to cut up and alter.

Oh yeah! Here's my new Baby Doll costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3046803/). I procrastinated and ended up starting the top and skirt a few days before Dragon*Con. I didn't quite finish, so the top is sewn shut at the front and the cuffs, and the skirt is pinned closed. I was cautious and made the skirt too long, but I didn't have a chance to add a lining to the yoke so that will actually be an easy fix. There are some other details missing that I'll fix before wearing again. Hope you like it!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I finally took some good pictures in my Baby Doll costume at Dragon*Con!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3046930/

Jazz Singla
09-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Its very nice movie and i watched this movie Last weekend .........

Shana05
09-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Baby Doll's sword is now available to purchase from Costume Craze. But I'm waiting for a little while. I won't be having a chance to cosplay her for a little while and there's more important things I need to buy first.

Lucifer
09-15-2011, 08:59 AM
At Dragon*con I debut my Baby Doll costume with my husband as Blue. Didn't wear it all that long, unfortunately (got very sick Saturday night), but it was very fun! Definitely going to rewear it again when I can.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3054167/

The photo was taken at the Marriott elevator area near the atrium, the photographer gave it the comic/movie flair.

GreenElfie
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm also curious where I might find a good katana for Babydoll. The one I used at Dragon*Con was extremely cheap looking, and I'm trying to update and finish my Babydoll costume for Halloween. Has anyone bought the plastic costume sword with the "engraving" painted on? I'm wondering what that one might be like, it has pretty mixed good and bad reviews from what I can find.

mdelgiorno17
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm also curious where I might find a good katana for Babydoll. The one I used at Dragon*Con was extremely cheap looking, and I'm trying to update and finish my Babydoll costume for Halloween. Has anyone bought the plastic costume sword with the "engraving" painted on? I'm wondering what that one might be like, it has pretty mixed good and bad reviews from what I can find.

I bought it. The painting on one side is sort of smeared and unclear in a very large spot.

browncoatnaruto
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM

I bought it. It's pretty good and accurate looking, unfortunately it doesn't come with the scabard so if you get it you'll have to make your own.

Shana05
10-07-2011, 01:34 PM
I bought it. It's pretty good and accurate looking, unfortunately it doesn't come with the scabard so if you get it you'll have to make your own.

Do you have any idea on how to make a scarbard? I just got the sword.

browncoatnaruto
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Do you have any idea on how to make a scarbard? I just got the sword.

I'm gonna try a make a scabard out of a wrapping paper tube. It'll be pretty ghetto looking but as long as it stays strapped to my back I should be good.

browncoatnaruto
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Took me forever but I finally got some photos of my Asylum Babydoll outfit:

http://browncoatnaruto.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4ov33g

I'll be wearing this to Wizard World in April. :D

sandysuicide
03-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, if anyone is interested, I'm available for comissioning on practically all the SP outfits, including dance versions, just pm me with any questions, thanks!

evodev
07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
bumping this up ... I've been following this thread for a long time now but only got my completed costume this Tuesday so I finally wanted to post it ^^ I'm going to SDCC btw

@sandysuicide did my commission request for a Blondie costume, she also has her own etsy shop now and it turned out wonderful! I wish I could wear it everyday hee hee ... there are a few things I need to change, brown pantyhose to black

ignore that you can see my underwear, this was an impromptu photo shoot

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/488101_441643562534095_2071635279_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/391189_441643422534109_1912443943_n.jpg

JohoViking1
07-14-2012, 06:01 PM
At my school we have this big dance that everybody dresses up for. Well every year I've kinda played it too safe. this year i have decided that i am going to go as sweet pea (but a school safe one. After the dance i will adjust it to be more correct for Halloween like actually making the weapons. For now i'm just going to focus on the hooded corset jacket). It seems like everybody is making a babydoll or amber costume. Anybody Who actually made the sweet pea costume have a pattern i can follow???

:confused:

oh sorry if there are misspells and words run together. My phone kinda hates me