PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 2 Leon cosplay

W4RH0US3
08-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Ok I don't think its a good idea for me to do an RE4 cosplay. Ok so basically how do I make Leon's RPD uniform?

Captain Jack
08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
You can either buy one premade off eBay or that site someone linked you to in your RE4 Leon thread, but for a quality costume it won't be cheap. For the newer version of the RPD costume (which is what I assume you're making) you need to make the top out of a flight suit (or BDU shirt, but it'll be less accurate - look at the collar though to see why I say flight suit) and wear navy blue BDU pants. Then you have to add all of the padding to the chest, back and shoulders yourself, and simply buy a black web belt and all the pouches he wears. The holster and boots from you HUNK costume can be used here.

Rosemary_red
08-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Well this is interesting......anyway let me see if I can't give you my view on this.....

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Kagomefan_photo/LeonSKennedy.jpg

The color scheme for him in the original game is gray,blue,black(but only his boots and gloves) and navy. apart from the gray undershirt, blue uniform T-shirt, and blue sweatpants there's also the elbow pads, two silver belts, one on his leg and one on his hips, and his extra padding that covers his front, shoulders and right arm.

K, here is how I think you can accomplish this.....

First, try to make the gray shirt, uniform top( don't add on the extras yet), and sweatpants. Then, Try to make the elbow pads out of some stretchy material, foam for the back, and cotton-to cover the foam in the back up with. The next part is to make the shoulder pads, right upper arm, and front chestplate out of foam and fabric, like I said for the elbow pads.

Sorry but after that I'm a bit lost but I do suggest you buy black combat boots and biking gloves from a store. As for the raccoon city PD patch, it's likely someone makes them for fun.

Also, good luck with your cosplay

W4RH0US3
08-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Naw premade stuff is the easy way out. Ok a flight suit over BDU's yeah I figured but what should I use for the padding?

W4RH0US3
08-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Thanks for your help oh I see you are new to the site so welcome.

Rosemary_red
08-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Naw premade stuff is the easy way out. Ok a flight suit over BDU's yeah I figured but what should I use for the padding?
Well for pading you casn use some foam that you can get a arts and crafts or sewing store.

O btw, welcome to the site new(=

W4RH0US3
08-19-2010, 02:59 PM
And then for the letters?