PDA

View Full Version : Kenshin/Inuyasha skit

Venator
09-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Ok, if anyone could let me know if this has been done before, or if the idea needs tweaking or whatnot, input would be vastly appreciated.

NOTE: The basic premise to the skit is kinda overdone, I admit... Oh, and this is really long. Please bear with me; this is a very rough draft.

Opening: Himura Kenshin, the legendary cross-scarred Battosai, walks on-stage with a large number of Kauru cosplayers, fawning and grasping at him. "Oh, Kenshin..." "I love you, Kenshin!", and other such remarks resonating over the song 'Freckles', the main theme of Rurouni Kenshin.
The group reaches the right side of the stage, as an angered Sanosuke trapses after them. Wielding his choice weapon, the zanbah-toh (which is rather... conspicuously taped the middle, since his last scuffle with Kenshin), he stalks over and challanges the manslayer to another fight.
"That's it, Kenshin! I'm sick of you always getting all the fangirls, especially when my sword is way bigger than yours!"
Responding nonchalantly, "How many times do I have to tell you, Sano... It's not the size that counts, but how you use it!", to which the Kauru's all swoon in unison. "Besides, you lose to every character who actually uses a weapon on the show, and some who don't! How do you expect to defeat me?"
"Well, now that I've repaired my trademark sword," Sano replies cleverly, pointing to the tape on his weapon, "I'll be able to defend myself from your lightning-quick attacks that exceed the speed of... Well, you know how it goes... It's only said a few thousand times every episode..."
"Um... By sword, I assume you mean that Washington-Monument-on-a-stick?", Kenshin quickly interjects.
"Grr... Shut up! Now, it's time to (in Yu-Gi-Oh voice) D-d-d-d-d-duel!"
Yelling nonchalantly, Kenshin spouts his stereotypical fanservice, "Hi-ten Mitsurugi style... Rabid Fangirl Battujutsu!" Compelled by their skinny samurai master, the Kauru's attack Sanosuke, trampling and just beating him visciously. "Ow! Hey! Agh! I need those to live!" and other generally painful cries erupt from the huddle of fangirls.
Kenshin laughs victoriously, but is taken by surprise as an obnoxious voice says from backstage, "Big-ass demon-sword style..." Inuyasha jumps from nowhere, finishing his battle-cry, "Spleen-Poke!" and proceeds to jab Kenshin in the gut. "Gee... I can't believe they edited the blood out on that one! It's supposed to be a lot more impressive..." The red-haired samurai falls to the ground, and the Kauru-mob turns to the half-demon.
"What did you do to... Ooooh..." The fangirls run to Inuyasha, petting his head and commenting on his cute, fluffy ears and sparkling personality. He seems to be enjoying the affection, until a familiar voice calls out...
"Sit, Inuyasha!", which predictably sends him to the ground on his tuchus.
"You stupid girl!", he nearly shrieks in anger at the approaching Kagome, "I was just about to hit it off with these girls, who're moderately less attractive, yet much less annoying than you!"
"What?!" yells an angered Kagome. Yet, in an unexpected turn, the fangirls take arms against her. "What did you do to poor fluffy-ears?!" chirps the lead Kauru, followed by a chorus of "Yeah!" "Yeah!" and "What'd you do?!", from the rest. The mob takes up chase, running across the stage and once again trampling the prone Sanosuke. Continuing on, they exit stage left.
"Hahah! You got what you deserved, ya stupid girl!" Inuyasha calls after them, and is too distracted to notice the young Yaheko stealing his discarded Tetsusega. After creeping away a few steps, he actually takes a look at the sword, saying, "Hey! What kinda crappy sword is this?! It's, like, made out of bone!"
This causes Inuyasha to take notice, saying angrily, "Hey! That's mine, you little brat!" He stands up, chasing after the mischevious kid (and once again running over Sanosuke). "Don't call me little!" Yaheko hollers back, which is quickly countered with "Why not? If the shoe fits, y'know!", then, "How would you know? You don't even have shoes!", as they exit stage right.
Sanosuke and Kenshin are still lying on the stage, and the latter says relatively quietly "I'm not quite dead yet..."
"I wish I was...", groans Sanosuke.
-CLOSE

Soo... Any comments? Suggestions?

Suzushichan
09-29-2003, 02:08 AM
OMFG...LOL! ^O^!!!!!

by the way, do you need an Inu yasha? oO

Venator
09-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Glad you like the skit ^_^' As for casting, I'm not sure as of yet. I'll set up a thread in the 'seeking cosplayers' section once I hammer out the specifics and finalize the script. I'm hoping to do so fairly quickly, which is why I need some critiquing...

Catboi Blues
09-30-2003, 02:03 PM
I like. Its funny and its not too long. What you're going to want to do though is to make sure that everyone can hear the dialogue. My suggestion on that is to either have it pre-recorded(make sure its a good copy too) or pass a microphone around during the skit. If they can't hear you, they won't get it.

BTW, what con are you looking to do this at?

Venator
09-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Thank you. I know it'll be difficult to have the voices heard, and a microphone would be kind of hard to pass around. I'm not sure about doing a voice-over, though... It always looks kinda weird to me. A recording may be my only choice, however, so I'll go with it if that's the case.

And I'm planning to do this at Anime Boston. If I do, I hope they fix all the problems with last year's masquerade... (such as playing the wrong tape for one such voice-overed act...)

BountyBebopLuva
10-06-2003, 10:04 PM
LMAO! OMG! That's so bloody funneh! I would LOVE to see that!!

Koumori
10-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Anime Boston requires you to record dialogue in a voice-over this year; there will be no mikes.

Venator
10-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Ah... Well, that narrows down my options... heheh ^_^;

Thanks for the info, and the several opinions given... Guess I'll set up a recruiting thread on 'seeking cosplayers'; time to start planning this sucker, if I'm gonna do it in April.

And, of course, I'm always open to commentary from all you people... It'll only make the skit better if you contribute ^_^

Sorahana
10-07-2003, 04:43 PM
OMG!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: THAT IS SO HILARIOUS!! I hope to go to AnimeBoston lol XD. Good luck with that!!

jou-chankaoru
10-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey Awsome skit! ^_~ I'm sure that the brains behind it is someone of GREAT talent!!! lol! ^_^* Well I will be there to see it! ^_^! This will be the cosplay of the century! Or at least Anime Boston! I'm sure plenty of people like it, i kno i do!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :skidude2: