PDA

View Full Version : SG-1 Costume details

Pirogoeth05
08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
I've assembled a SG-C costume for Dragon*Con in a few weeks and I want to get it right, but not overdo it. I've got the boots, pants, and jacket. I don't know if I should go and get a hat. I know that the military aren't allowed to go outside without a hat on when they're in uniform. But my hair isn't exactly regulation length, but it's too short to tie up. So should I go and get a hat or just leave it as is?

Lost Cause
08-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Depends which version you're doing. (Field, base etc.)

If you're doing the base version (Green/Blue BDUs) you can probably fudge things and not bother. Of course, that uniform isn't seen outside the SGC complex.

If you're doing a field uniform (OD/Black Flight Jacket and BDU trousers, TAC vest and guns) Then you need one really. Canon options are a Boonie (the large floppy hat you usually see Daniel wearing), a BDU cap (The peaked cap that Carter and Mitchell usually wear.) or a bandanna. A brown ball cap's only canon for Jack really. You can always roll it up and stash it in a pocket when you're inside anyway.

On the hair length issue: Carter's hair was never short enough to be regulation, so don't worry. :p

Berzerker_prime
08-18-2010, 01:14 PM
And if you expand out to SGA, Sheppard's non-regulation hair was the source of a number of jokes. There must be something about top-secret, inter-stellar travel projects that makes people not care as much about hair length...

Lost Cause
08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Of course, you could always cheat and do a civilian impression, then you aren't bound by military dress regulations.

Pirogoeth05
08-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Good point. I was aiming more for the civilian/scientist side of things rather than actual military. They're never really pointed out, but I'm sure there are civilians working there too. Thanks! I feel less worried now!

Lost Cause
08-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Abridged list of civilian SGC employees:
Clicky! (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_SGC_personnel#Civilian)