PDA

View Full Version : FFX Yuna

Baby Vixen
09-28-2003, 11:38 PM
What do you think of my Yuna costume? I know, I know, it's a cheesey pose, but it works. :rolleyes:

My mom helped a lot on this costume, so, credits to her!

Baby VIxen

Baby Vixen
09-28-2003, 11:42 PM
http://caspar.homelinux.org/conventions/grab_image.php?id=4665&type=1&conid=9&cs_start=100

Here is my Pic. I hope this link works!

Baby VIxen

Hitori
09-28-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm just going off mi memori, but I recall Yuna's skirt being much more pleated and the sleeves longer w/ a brighter pink at the end. Remember, details make the costume^_^

carly579
09-28-2003, 11:59 PM
I agree with what was said BUT some strong points of the costume are the staff and the flower thing on the obi. One thing I would do is make the tassle on the earring smaller too. but another good point is that I like the over all shape of the top. i've seen a lot done that look like potato sacks ^_^

Koumori
09-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Does the top wrap/cross over in the front? I can't tell from that picture.

Sorahana
09-29-2003, 07:49 PM
It's ok but the staff top is a bit bright XD;.
The white top should crisscroos in the front and the flower on the obi(or whatever its called XD;)needs a little more detail. And the flowers stand out alot on the skirt. Nice job though. I plan on doing a Yuna costume. I hope mine turns out ok XD.

yuffieleonheart
09-29-2003, 08:00 PM
i love the flower on the obi ~_^ good job on that! ^_^ the shirt looks nice too =D i would make the flowers on the skirt a bit smaller but overall a nice job

Sana-chan
09-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Maybe it's juss the picture, but I can't see the vine design and blue circuluar... thing lol painted on the obi? The flower you have on it looks very nice, but Yuna's obi does have that intricate design on the obi itself. For mine I used acrylic paint, which probably isn't the best of choice painting to use, but the result I ended up with is pleasing to me. If you need any specific tips for painting it I'd be more than willing to try and help ^_^.

Claire
09-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Your top needs to be redone - Yuna's crosses over in the front, it's not just a halter top. Your sleeves should be made out of the same fabric as the top, and it really shouldn't be shiney. The bottom of the shirt doesn't stick out that far from the obi.

The obi needs to be sturdier, and you need to put the green designs on it. I see cord hanging off the flower decal, but I can't see any going around the obi, so you should put those on or make them visable.

The designs on the skirt are way, way too big. They're supposed to be clearly visable, but not distracting. Your skirt could go for a re-pleating, as well.

The staff is very nice, but I agree with whoever said the yellow is a bit bright. You might want to repaint it a more goldish color. Is that Yuna's official necklace? That's a nice touch. ^_^

lainey
09-30-2003, 06:31 PM
it's pretty nice...but i agree with what the others said!

my main complaint is that yuna's skirt is more pleated and not a shiny material.

and don't miss out on painting the actual obi...that's really important! detail detail makes the character, truly.

Ayana
09-30-2003, 07:54 PM
I agree with what the others say. Without the flowers on the obi, it's just...not Yuna. Same with the top. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty good.

Arisa
09-30-2003, 07:58 PM
This is jus personal opinion, but Yuna's obi always looked satin to me... that's just my opinion, though ^^; I agree with everything that's been said here, pretty much. I like how your hair looks. ^^ From what I can see, your earring looks pretty good. I also strongly suggest you make the flower pattern on the skirt a bit smaller... that's one of the first things I personally look at on a Yuna costume. If you look on google, you can find pictures of the actual pattern used on Yuna's skirt.

Pardon my rambling-ness. My thoughts tend to go all over the place.

Yuna
10-01-2003, 04:16 AM
As many have stated, it doesn't appear that you have any green vines or pink flowers on your obi. I wish we could see the bow in the back, that, IMO, makes or breaks the costumes. The flower would be a perfect replication, if it were smaller. It takes up nearly the entire front of the costumes. However, the beads hanging from the flower were very nicely done. Kudos.

The sleeves need a brighter pink, but I think that it's not the dye that you used, but the material you used for the sleeves themselves. It looks almost like a wind breaker material. Howeve, rhte shape of them is very good and the ties at the top accentuate them well.

The earing would also be a perfect replica is it also weren't so big. The earing itself is not too big, but the tassle you have for the hair part over powers the entire earing. As for the beads, from that picture alone, they look very accurate. The earing is Yuna's signature piece, it is imporant to do it well =3

I think your staff looks great, it awesome that you have it in the first place =D It's the perfect size and shape in proportion to your body.

The skirt, however, needs some work. Like many others have said, the vine and flower design is oversized as well. The color of the skirt is very vibrant and well chosen for color, but it appears to have a sheen, almost like it is satin. I would stringly advise never to use satin unless the costume part *is* satin, or has a sheen to suggest it is satin. Yuna's skirt is not, for it has no sheen what-so-ever. Pleets are very difficult, even for seasoned costumers, and from what I can gather, you're pretty new at this. The fact that you and your mom attempted the pleets at all is very surpriseing, and for a first shot, they turned out pretty well. If you do re-wear that costume, I would advise ironing before each use. On both my old, and new Yuna costume (in which the pleets are permanent) I too have to iron it before each time I wear it. It's always good to get the pleets as crisp as you can. On the vine pattern, if you used paint (which it looks like you did) try a smaller brush, and a thicker paint so it coats the fabric better. Acrylic paint is really good for both Yuna's obi and skirt, I know, I've made *both* the skirt and obi 3 sepereate times. If you find you can't keep a steady, even line, try puffy paint. Though it has texture, no one should have any problem with that, and if they did, you could jsut tell them to get lost.

Your skirt looks alright, I like that you got the shape of the area around the breasts. The flaps under the obi are too long, but that's a very trivial detail. Your costume looks really good on you, you make an adorable Yuna, and it shows in that you want to hear how to improve your costume. =3