PDA

View Full Version : Nurse Joy with glasses?

Alix
08-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm cosplaying as Nurse Joy at an upcoming con, but the main problem I'm having is my glasses. I'm considering just wearing them since they're reddish-pink and generally match the colours of the costume. Plus, they just look good on me. But I want some opinions on whether or not I should sacrifice a bit of accuracy for comfort, or if they just don't match or whatever. Contacts are definitely an option I'd just rather wear my glasses, haha. :geek:

Opinions?
Here's a picture of them for reference (please ignore the piece of paper towel stuck on my head. I was trying to make myself look more nursey for the reference picture and uh failed.)
http://i37.tinypic.com/259fqqb.jpg

mirrorsaber
08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Have you ever thought of just taking your glasses off whenever you get stopped for a picture? I have done that before. I mean, seeing IS important so I don't think anyone would get angry at you for wearing glasses.

kojirojames2004
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I believe in the anime, there was a Nurse Joy who wore glasses. Forgot what episode though.

ZeroEnna
08-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Are glasses really an obstacle? Man how far this szene has got rotten *ironic mode off*

Okay, if you need theses glasses, i mean if you have no sight at all without them, then you need to wear them. As suggested, just take it off for photographs. However, I would say "keep them on", because this could be THE difference between YOUR Nurse Joy and others. I try to keep a personal touch on every cosplay I do, for instance, my archangel Michael Cosplay from Angel Sanctuary. You never find these particular clothes in the Manga, however, I was recognized very often, because of the details. I didn't wear a string vest, but a plain black shirt, and patent leather pants, and some boots, and - of course - goggles. However, everyone knew "Hey, there's Michael", and yeah, it was no cosplay based on a official picture, but my own personal cosplay.
So why not trying a Nurse Joy with glasses?

Kind Regards

ZeroEnna

Alix
08-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. I just wasn't sure because to a lot of people I've known small details like this are what make a cosplay "bad". :(

Glasses are staying on.

Char350
08-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I cosplay Diamond/Lucas and I usually wear glasses & take them off for pictures. Though for pictures where I take with friends or do inside jokes (in other words, out of character) I'd keep them on for the picture..

Bolts
08-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I would advise that you keep your glasses if you need them to see. I'm doing a Nurse Joy as well, and require a cane to walk so I can't just "throw it away for a picture" lest I tip over. I'm not letting this stop me from taking photos though... Not everyone has genetic perfection. :P