PDA

View Full Version : getting in shape for spiderman suit

Zombie Hadouken
08-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Thats right, tight fitting spandex.
every nuance of your body will show through. that means no beer belly, built chest, back, and shoulders to at least pull off looking good in a spandex suit.

Im 30 years old, and my body is old, belly is not huge, but there, and I the only time i will ever run is if there is an axe wielding psycho after me.

Im a tall guy (6'4") I wieghed in at 205 a month ago, but started working out like a fiend, and im down to 190 lbs.( I lost about 15 pounds doing elliptcal every other day for 30 mins)

at 6'4", 190 lbs is just over being skinny ( I was a toothpick through high school).
I have begun a supplement plan, and high protein diet, and even cut back smoking to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. I'll admit, I got a little beer belly.

so Ive come up with an exercise regiment to bulk up for spidey. (Im a bit of a perfectionist with costumng, so I wont do Spiderman until I get in shape. )

-Side Note- My brother broke his neck at work about 7 years ago. he did physical therapy to rehab his neck and he looks like Matthew McConaghey in Reign Of Fire now. huge neck and back, ripped chest. He is my work out partner and gave me this workout.

Sunday - 30 mins on elliptical (run if you dont have one) for cardio and core.

Monday- Back.

-Inverted flys, start with low weight, and do a few warm up sets, then put on as much weight as you can do for 10 reps.

-Deadlifts - as much weight as you can do 10 reps

-Pull ups- just do 10, at this point your back will be screaming.

TUESDAY- 30 mins elliptical (or run)

WEDNESDAY- Chest

-Start with pushups (inclined) , put your feet up on something (couch,chair) and do at least 20.

-Incline Bench Press- dont do max weight on this one, put up whatever makes you strain...10 reps / at least 4 times

-Decline Barbell press, 10 reps...blood rushes to your head on this one, so only do a set or two.

THURSDAY- 30 mins elliptical (or run)

FRIDAY- Shoulders

-Barbell Shoulder Shrugs, you dont need a lot of weight for these, experiment and see what feels best. Dont go HEAVY, you risk rotator cuff injury

-Dumbbell Deltoid Lateral Raises. start with hands at side and raise them out to your sides until your arms are horizontal. 2 sets of 10 reps

-Upright Barbell Deltoid Rows. start with hands at middle of bar , arms down. raise bar to chin straight up. 4 sets of 10 reps.

SATURDAY - off.

SUPPLEMENTS PLAN.
first off, always eat something before you workout (nothing big). I drink a whey protein shake before, AND AFTER every workout.
Creatine
Glutamine
Multi Vitamens (mens version)...we never get enough vitamins without these.

This workout and supplement plan isnt of the hardcore, HGH using Jose Canseco Variety.
You will not get Gigantic. But you WILL get ripped, and look better in a spandex suit.

I just started this plan about 2 weeks ago, and I alreay feel 10 times stronger, and can see slight results so far. I plan on doing Zombie Spiderman for Wondercon in March 2011, so by that time i hope to fill out the suit nicely.

Will keep posting with results

Kasinator
08-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Thats right, tight fitting spandex.
every nuance of your body will show through. that means no beer belly, built chest, back, and shoulders to at least pull off looking good in a spandex suit.

Im 30 years old, and my body is old, belly is not huge, but there, and I the only time i will ever run is if there is an axe wielding psycho after me.

Im a tall guy (6'4") I wieghed in at 205 a month ago, but started working out like a fiend, and im down to 190 lbs.( I lost about 15 pounds doing elliptcal every other day for 30 mins)

at 6'4", 190 lbs is just over being skinny ( I was a toothpick through high school).
I have begun a supplement plan, and high protein diet, and even cut back smoking to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. I'll admit, I got a little beer belly.

so Ive come up with an exercise regiment to bulk up for spidey. (Im a bit of a perfectionist with costumng, so I wont do Spiderman until I get in shape. )

-Side Note- My brother broke his neck at work about 7 years ago. he did physical therapy to rehab his neck and he looks like Matthew McConaghey in Reign Of Fire now. huge neck and back, ripped chest. He is my work out partner and gave me this workout.

Sunday - 30 mins on elliptical (run if you dont have one) for cardio and core.

Monday- Back.

-Inverted flys, start with low weight, and do a few warm up sets, then put on as much weight as you can do for 10 reps.

-Deadlifts - as much weight as you can do 10 reps

-Pull ups- just do 10, at this point your back will be screaming.

TUESDAY- 30 mins elliptical (or run)

WEDNESDAY- Chest

-Start with pushups (inclined) , put your feet up on something (couch,chair) and do at least 20.

-Incline Bench Press- dont do max weight on this one, put up whatever makes you strain...10 reps / at least 4 times

-Decline Barbell press, 10 reps...blood rushes to your head on this one, so only do a set or two.

THURSDAY- 30 mins elliptical (or run)

FRIDAY- Shoulders

-Barbell Shoulder Shrugs, you dont need a lot of weight for these, experiment and see what feels best. Dont go HEAVY, you risk rotator cuff injury

-Dumbbell Deltoid Lateral Raises. start with hands at side and raise them out to your sides until your arms are horizontal. 2 sets of 10 reps

-Upright Barbell Deltoid Rows. start with hands at middle of bar , arms down. raise bar to chin straight up. 4 sets of 10 reps.

SATURDAY - off.

SUPPLEMENTS PLAN.
first off, always eat something before you workout (nothing big). I drink a whey protein shake before, AND AFTER every workout.
Creatine
Glutamine
Multi Vitamens (mens version)...we never get enough vitamins without these.

This workout and supplement plan isnt of the hardcore, HGH using Jose Canseco Variety.
You will not get Gigantic. But you WILL get ripped, and look better in a spandex suit.

I just started this plan about 2 weeks ago, and I alreay feel 10 times stronger, and can see slight results so far. I plan on doing Zombie Spiderman for Wondercon in March 2011, so by that time i hope to fill out the suit nicely.

Will keep posting with results

You seem ti know what you are doing. have you looked at my workout at all? try that with 20 minutes of cardio in the morning and you will see results.

Zombie Hadouken
08-18-2010, 06:32 AM
when i lift, i do as much as possible to shock the muscles.
i try not to do cardio when im weight lifting, i find it halfway defeats the purpose of building the muscle, just to burn it off with cardio. so I do cardio by itself, and i can go for longer.
I just found the programs for my elliptical, the batteries were dead for weeks! now i can do the uphill run program...that thing f'n kills your whole body.

Kasinator
08-18-2010, 07:25 AM
well resistance if done daily should substitute cardio if you are already in good shape like you say you are. but if you are doing a three day resistance split, just do chest and back monday, shoulders, bis, and tris tuesday, and on thursday legs and back while doing an ab routine on each resistance day.

Zombie Hadouken
08-18-2010, 07:58 AM
there is no substitute for cardio. (especially for smokers)
no, i just started my workout regiment a few weeks ago. i notice my beer belly sneaking up on me.

trust me kid, when you turn 30 everything hits the floor running. Im finding fat where its never been before, and my first gray hair. If I had the money, Id divorce my wife, buy a sportscar, and grow a mullet... i think its mid life crisis time! - just joking.

Zombie Hadouken
08-18-2010, 08:05 AM
at 15 years old I got my black belt in TKD, I literally rode my bike after school straight to to my instructors. then i got into kickboxing. when i was about 19 i realized i liked my nose the way it looks and didnt want to rearrange my face, so i stopped.i joined the NAVY after that....6 years later I worked at UPS in the loading docks for years after that , that kept me in good shape, and strong. 2 years ago i quit, and now i do security.

point is, ive been in good shape my whole life. I stopped working out about 2 years ago, and didnt realize how quick my body changed from in to out of shape.
enjoy being young, and dont stop working! the older you get the harder it is to STAY in shape.

Kasinator
08-18-2010, 09:02 AM
amen to that man. I want to keep myself in shape. I am strict on my diet. I bike to my gym, and work 6 out of 7 days a week.

distantarray
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
there is no substitute for cardio. (especially for smokers)
no, i just started my workout regiment a few weeks ago. i notice my beer belly sneaking up on me.

trust me kid, when you turn 30 everything hits the floor running. Im finding fat where its never been before, and my first gray hair. If I had the money, Id divorce my wife, buy a sportscar, and grow a mullet... i think its mid life crisis time!

I'm not too far from you I'm 28 at the moment, used to take 5 hours of martial arts a day mainly tae kwon do, could run a mile in 5:30 in high school easily, and 200 meter dash in 23 seconds flat which are pretty respectable times. I also went from 5% body fat to 25% body fat which is borderline obese. And yes I DO smoke. A lot actually. Sometimes only a couple, but upto a pack a day when it gets bad.

Regardless if you want something bad enough you can do it, going from 25% body fat to 10% in 4months without EVER doing what people would usually call cardio, or losing or gaining any weight is good enough for me.

My approach was just purely weight lifting. Hiit + circuit + drop setting all at once. squeeze out sets with little to no rest (usually giving myself no longer than 5seconds, but upto 30 seconds in most cases.

I'd go when gym was slower early morning or late nights, set the machines up and just keep going, in and out of the gym in 20-30 minutes 4-5 times a week. didn't really change my diet besides adding protein shakes, and pre-workouts to my list.

Even Frank Zane is doing great at 55, all you gotta do is find what works for you and keep doing it. Keeping a good mindset is key above all. There are bodybuilders with no arms, and body builders in wheel chair that's are actively competing. So remember being 30 can suck, but things could always be worse, just look at the positive sides and keep going. Like Nike says, JUST DO IT! :)

Rjr3412
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Dude, don't don't don't skip legs. They are important. Lifting, and lifting heavy with legs, when done properly will help spur on growth throughout your body.

More so, important movements like squats and lunges hit those core and stabilizer muscles that will keep you from hurting yourself with other stuff like deads.

So work in your legs somewhere, cardio doesn't count.

Zombie Hadouken
08-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Dude, don't don't don't skip legs. They are important. Lifting, and lifting heavy with legs, when done properly will help spur on growth throughout your body.

More so, important movements like squats and lunges hit those core and stabilizer muscles that will keep you from hurting yourself with other stuff like deads.

So work in your legs somewhere, cardio doesn't count.

the elliptical is great for legs. just use the climbing presets, or crank up the resistance.
ive actually noticed a difference in my quads already.

Zombie Hadouken
08-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Ugh, i just got back from a week long Vacation in Alaska...gonna have to do extra work next week to make up for eating a bunch of crap...does shooting a .50 cal count as a workout?
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/ZombieHadouken/DSCF0177.jpg

Zombie Hadouken
08-23-2010, 04:27 AM
just noticed all the posts about supplements. I consulted my doc about mine. Im not taking anything that can change my hormone level except creatine. My workouts are also tailor made for me. I just posted my Particular workout regiment. I dont encourage anyone else to do my workout/supplement. talk to a trainer, then your doc (to make sure you dont grow boobs from your supplements) just because a workout plan will work for one person, does not mean it will work for everyone.

distantarray
08-23-2010, 04:34 AM
just noticed all the posts about supplements. I consulted my doc about mine. Im not taking anything that can change my hormone level except creatine. My workouts are also tailor made for me. I just posted my Particular workout regiment. I dont encourage anyone else to do my workout/supplement. talk to a trainer, then your doc (to make sure you dont grow boobs from your supplements) just because a workout plan will work for one person, does not mean it will work for everyone.

only real supplement you should watch out for in growing boobs is testosterone boosters, since most people take it and forget to take estrogen blockers. Because when you up your testosterone a lot your body starts producing more estrogen to balance out, then when you quit taking testosterone your body takes time to balance out the test/estrogen levels so for a while your estrogen will be a lot higher causing you to get mood swings, emotion, and or man boobs.

Regardless any type of hormone products have side effects, just stick to vitamins, protein, amino acids, minerals for the most part and you'll be fine.

Zombie Hadouken
08-23-2010, 04:44 AM
without arguing,
I dont recommend taking anything without telling your doctor. they are there for a reason. I dont pretend to know everything about the shit i put in my body, but its a doctors job to know that for me...why not use there expertise and avoid any complications.

leftalone
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Try some full body exercises, they will work both the upper and lower body. The eclipse is great, the more resistance the better. But you wont great "thickness" of the muscle without strength training. Why? Strength training targets specific muscle fibers (the red fibers - and myofibrils of the red fibers) that increase in size with the strength training, cardio and the eclipse train more of the white fibers of the muscle which are more for endurance type exercises and create a more "lean" look of the muscle.

Also, if you want more of a crash course your body starts to lose muscle tone (alittle not alot) after 2 days, if you can spend more time in the gym thats great if not, your seeing results which is good :) Abs can be worked almost everyday also.

Your diet sounds good, keep it up!