PDA

View Full Version : Akiyume festival "yukata" gathering?

KimikoChan
09-29-2003, 01:18 AM
lol

Well since I remember some people had some yukata's for the sunday festival, why not have a little gathering? I think it would be cute to get some pictures of us all dressed up like that with the festival in the background ^_^

If anyone is interested, just say the word. Oh and I know I said previously that I didn't have a yukata anymore, but I was able to find a very reasonable one on ebay, so I'll be wearing that ^_^

AM Chair
09-29-2003, 01:30 AM
There will be some yukata in the dealer hall at good prices too, as well as jinbei for the men.

JoeBoeing
09-29-2003, 02:37 AM
I'm up for some photos!

Revell, what are jinbei?

I never got the geta like I wanted... so if Revell is selling them in the dealers hall I'll pick some up.

From,
Joe

KimikoChan
09-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Yeah I'll need some geta as well, unless I can get to J-town again and pick some up.. grr why didn't I do it the last 2 times I was t here? O_o

AM Chair
09-29-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm up for some photos!

Revell, what are jinbei?

I never got the geta like I wanted... so if Revell is selling them in the dealers hall I'll pick some up.

From,
Joe

Jinbei are a combo of loose-fitting shorts and shirt made of a light fabric. They almost resemble Japanese construction workers clothing. It's made for stepping out with your beau on those warm summer fetsival nights, The designs range from simple to ornate. The men's Jinbei are usually done in subdued colors like dark blue, grey, or black, while the children's types are are colorful. For a peek at what they look like, see my fanily photo in the in Japan summer trip post. I'm wearing one.

We don't have geta for sale...never saw it much during my travels, it was mostly wood sandals or slippers on feet there. I think somebody figured out geta are hard to walk about in.

Doremi Chan
09-29-2003, 09:48 AM
I bought Geta for $25 in Little Tokyo L.A! Hope my Yukata is finished by this weekend

Miaka No Baka
09-29-2003, 10:00 PM
ooh where in l.a. japantown do they have geta? I'll probably be going there tomorrow or the next day to go get some ^_^; I haven't been to jtown in like over a year heheh ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

KimikoChan
10-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Well if anyone is able to do this, I'll just make the gathering for Sunday at 2pm at the entrance (if there's one) to the festival area. See you all there!

Doremi Chan
10-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Well, my yukata did not turn out. So I'll have to see what ones are selling in the dealers hall.

Miaka:
it was in a small store inside the Mitsuwa. I don't know the name but it has house items for sale. It's on the bottom floor. The shoes (if still there) are located right near the door. Only 1 size though. Mine seem huge.