PDA

View Full Version : Review: Anthony Le / MasterLe247

cujo
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
As the title suggests this is about Anthony Le (aka masterle247) he doesn't want to man up about ripping a bunch of people off on IM helmets (me being one of them) and doesn't want to make it right so I'm just letting everyone over here know DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY!:untrust:

Any mods who reads this should consider banning this jerk because of his business practices from ripping people off or selling them CRAP. If I seem a little ANGRY :fuming: well I am because I am one of his victims.

So Anthony if you read this I'll see you at DC in a few weeks with a few of your other victims, and we will get this straightened out..

Leadmill
08-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Internet libel mixed with e-threats. I just came!

Creative Genius
08-18-2010, 01:00 PM
ummm......ok then.
this place is not here for you to post your ranting and ravings....or threats.

EksDee-Alucard
08-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Perhaps you should attempt to calmly explain, with links to images and copies of any conversations, exactly what has been offered, said and recieved. This may help people actually work out if this person is a crook for themselves, or if you're just disgruntled about a service that has in fact been completed to it's word.

Chocolahime
08-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Vague post is vague...

Goosebot 5000
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
hes helping spread the word. Master Le has completely cut off communications and even blocked some of the people trying to contact him after not receiving his products, or after he fails to complete a business transaction. Le has been banned on several boards for his general attitude towards his fellow posters and the community, and also for his shady business practices. i can provide references from the banning mods if need be. the link below is the most recent thread trying to find out how to solve all of the business related problems with Le. I am one of the many who he has faulted and ignored. After messaging MANY MANY times thru email and thru every prop / costuming board to both his and his friends, my issue still hasnt been resolved, nor have i gotten a reply. my transaction with him has lasted right at 6 months now, and still isnt anywhere close to being completed. A good deal of money was spent with this, and now hes trying to cut and run. he placed the blame on one of his other business partners, and the partner actually tried to cover for him for a little bit, but now even his associates are hiding due to the chain of mistakes hes made.

if more threads similar to the ones below need to be linked, i can provid the links if anyone would like to review the material just in case they had thought about conducting business with him.

as far as threats go, we will definitely be looking for him at dragoncon, but not for any sort of violence. we will be trying to get an answer out of him if anything for our problems. more than likely it will just be another excuse if anything. there are too many people involved in this, and we are all just trying to get our products or $$, and to save others from falling for any of his business tricks.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/another-masterle-victim-93282/index4.html#post1334904

Chocolahime
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
You obviously sent the wrong person to spread the word. Someone just coming in and shouting fraud fraud! doesn't really tell anyone anything. I hope you are able to get some answers soon.

Also "cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious. "
I know which forum I won't be joining.

EksDee-Alucard
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Certainly post any more information you have, links to other places he has been doing this and any correspondance between the two of you, if not the other people he has been dealing with too.
At the very least, you'll have evidence that may cause people in the future to reconsider dealing with this person.
Please also do include information on what service was offered - with images if applicable.
Oftentimes, people who 'cut and run' in communities will change their e-mail address, alias and suchlike, but use the same images and posting format - by keeping as much information on this person as possible, you can begin to build up a blacklist that follows them even if this happens.

Eurobeat King
08-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I have no problems with the guy. I just take his picture. ;)

But yeah, this should be closed or deleted since this isn't the place for it. Rant on an LJ or DA somewhere, but not here.

Chocolahime
08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I think that this sort of thing is important to be on here. It's not really a 'rant' if people have actually spent money and not received their products. The first post just really needs to be remade. Pictures of the samples he gives? Has anyone actually got their order from him? If so what was the condition? Pictures of that? Proof that he ordered from that guy?
Concrete evidence would really help. If you want to get someone banned you need to show instead of only tell.

Of course until such proof is shown it is ranting...

TR Rose
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
You should write up a review and post it here:

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=246

That's why there's a review board on here!

Thelchterya
08-18-2010, 01:41 PM

This!!:walkoff:

Chocolahime
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I should also say that I don't think anyone is being a 'little kid' about this issue on here.
There isn't even any proof on that thread you linked to. I for one have absolutely no idea who this person is, so how can I take the word of some random on the internet?

SushiKai
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
You obviously sent the wrong person to spread the word. Someone just coming in and shouting fraud fraud! doesn't really tell anyone anything. I hope you are able to get some answers soon.

Also "cosplay.com is mostly anime inspired.. for the most part, costumes more simple, less serious. "

are you willing and capable of sinking over $1000 into a costume to make it as accurate as possible?
most people on coscom aren't, most people here work on a serious budget,
the replica community in comparison are people who want 100% accurate props, costumes ect, either for wearing or for personal display/collection purposes, often they will spend that kind of cash to get things of a level of quality that 99% of coscom are not interested or capable of making.
most costumes made from anime have less detail than a live action movie for example, because it's easier to animate simpler designs on screen.. anime cosplayers emulate that simpler design, hence... simple costumes.
it's not an insult.

Eurobeat King
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
TR Rose is correct in that the Review Board is the best place for this.

The General Chat section isn't the section for people to post "Don't trust this cosplayer!" "This cosplayer ripped me off!" "Boycott this cosplayer's commissions!" Seen it too many times, and the threads either get closed/deleted or moved. This one is no different..

Also the fact that the OP signed-up JUST to rant about that cosplayer?

Goosebot 5000
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM

i didnt send anyone, but i do apologize that this subject has gotten more than several of us upset. its incredibly frustrating when you have this amount of money just floating out there, and cant get any info on it.

thanks for the advice. one will definitely be posted in there.

as i mentioned before, we apologize if this wasnt the appropriate place for this, or if some protocols were stepped on. but we are absolutely sick of the treatment we are getting from his and his associates. i know for some of you this is just an annoying thread taking up space, but its more to some of us. the dollar amount i spent was quite high, and is not an easy sum to come across just on a whim. so that plus not having my nerd toys AND being treated like crap, ignored and blocked thru several messaging systems has pushed us all to our limits. im just trying to cover all of our bases with places to contact him and with trying to let it be known what kind of business practices there are. ive already asked for all of the other members from other boards threads to post their similar thread links, on the one i provided in my above post. as they come in ill post them in here, or in the thread we will post in the feedback section here, so that you can see whats going on.

thanks for your patience.

Dany
08-19-2010, 04:27 PM
If this is as serious as it sounds, perhaps the two people in question should consider legal action. Consult with an attorney, get your paperwork together and proceed to try to get your money back.

In the meantime, for here, your best bet is the feedback forums. State the facts of the situation and let the community decide from there.

Goosebot 5000
08-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I love how all my messages on this board from myself to the seller in question get completely ignored, but then updates are made by him every couple of days. Is there anything the mods can do or advise? hes obviously an active member, and is choosing to let his bad business build on top of itself instead of stepping up and finishing his legal obligations.

Mimiru1618
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree with Dany, if it's a rather large sum of money we're talking about (trust me, I know it's not easy to come by), then perhaps it's better to consult a legal attorney. If you did pay with paypal (not saying you did) or some other method, I'm sure you could get into touch with them about available options. Though I find it's good of you to warn people about a scam, it's also good for us to see full evidence. I myself was almost scammed before, but I caught in time and called them out on it, next day- they were gone. I warned people by posting the images they sent me, and links to the images they stole. If I had made a transaction, I would have posted images of the product I got, had it not be up to par, or if I hadn't gotten it at all. There will always be snakes out there waiting to take your money, and they'll seem absolutely legit, and unless you have the proper paperwork and documents in order, it's possible you won't get your money back if you so happened to fall for the scam. My family owns a business and we've been robbed severely before, and we never saw the money stolen under our noses again, simply because there wasn't enough evidence to justify the court. Sadly, it happens every day. What's good is that we're warned now, and we know to be weary of this person and their business. I myself will look twice into them before consulting someone who I've heard isn't what they say they're cut out to be. As for contacting this person, I'm not sure if approaching him face to face may be the best action. Obviously on the first page it was mentioned you'd be looking for him at dragoncon. But if he's even looked at the board, he knows what your plans are, and will be prepared. Scammers will use any excuse in the book, and they can be very good at it. My best advice to you is to do what Dany mentioned and consult a legal theft attorney about what actions you can possibly take. There are few ways to handle a high priced transaction over the internet and win on your own. At least, that's all I know.

Resources: My mom's a lawyer and an accountant.

Good luck with it all~ <3

Edit: This is just my little tip: Before I ever make a transaction over the internet, be it a shop, an e-bayer, a commissioner on coscom, I always ALWAYS do full blown-out research on them. On e-bay, if they're customers aren't happy, I'm not happy. If a commissioner on coscom or anywhere else doesn't have enough photos to exemplify what I'm looking for, or they're getting bad reviews, I'm not going to ask for their help. I spent 3 months once researching a specific group before I finally deemed it safe enough to contact them. And even though some commissioners have pictures out the whazoo, if their previous customers aren't happy with them, chances are you won't be either. Sometimes it's a hit and miss, and that's a risk one has to take with online purchases. It never hurts to ask about a commissioner online c:. In the end, it may save you a great deal of pain and suffering, and it'll help your wallet and your peace of mind~. And though you could have very well have done that, for those people looking at this and are considering purchasing from someone, do your research~ c:

Mnemeth17
08-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I first noticed these posts a few weeks ago, and I have yet to see any proof of business transaction posted by any of the alleged victims. I understand if you've been ripped off and you've been angry, but for other people who you want to warn they expect some proof. Don't expect us to get on the "let's ban this jerk" bandwagon wholeheartedly just because you say you've been ripped off. What about your initial messages to Le? What about copies of the ones negotiating price and payment and his responses too? There has to have been some communication between buyer and commissioner before you sent money. If you can show me and the community copies of these messages, I can believe you. If you don't have any of these messages, e-mails, whatever, for all we know you could have made the entire thing up. And if you are sending all this money without any physical or digital record of it being sent and proof you are going to receive an item or service in return, then you need to suck it up, take the loss since you are not going to get your money back, and get smart and remember that you need these kinds of records to protect yourself from scams such as these. If you have these records, take it to the proper channels- civil court, and not coscom forums, whose members don't really have the power to get you your money back anyway.

Goosebot 5000
08-25-2010, 01:48 AM
the picture of my damaged item is posted in the thread that was linked on the first page, as well as emails between Le and the original poster. i paid thru paypal, but the money was sent as a gift "to avoid fees" at the request of the seller. on top of that i believe paypal has a limit of 45 days or so to file a claim, and it has been well past that point. i started a thread on therpf.com a couple of months ago to keep a public record of the interactions between Le and myself and any of his representatives. ill post that link below. he actually chimed in once in late june and was blaming UPS for misinforming him. but from then on out all of his business was handled by a poster named PhantomProphet. a moderator named ManFromNaboo on the same board locked the thread because of all of the people going off on Le, and because there seemed to be a bit of progress. I was actually told that the helmet was done and ready to be shipped on the first of august, but havent received a helmet or a response to emails trying to get any sort of update. ManFromNaboo was also helping to mediate this situation and sent emails to both Le and PhantomProphet, and neither have received a reply. I know several of the posters and viewers on this thread have accounts over there, so if need be he can be contacted to verify anything you need to know excluding anything with more private records like paypal. thats on me. ill go thru and take and post screenshots of the emails and paypal records tomorrow. also, further proof that a transaction is made is that i still have the damaged helmet. if need be i can take in hand pictures of the entire helmet instead of just the damaged areas, so that it can be matched with his product from his for sale thread on several message boards.

and mnemeth, im not expecting the mods to get my money back. im asking for advise on what we can do, and what actions the mods actually can take. i would love to see what would happen if a mod from here sent him a message asking him about the situation. if he doesnt reply it would just drive my point home, and if he replied, then i might actually get the ball rolling again on some sort of resolution for myself and the others. its a win win situation.

and to dany and mimiru, legal action is definitely being worked in. do either of you know of any similar cases that may have been won in the favor of a party similar to mine? i know if you can provide similar cases then it will increase my odds of a good outcome, but costuming and propping is a decently specialized field, so findings are slim.

and here is the link to my original thread on therpf.com :

http://www.therpf.com/f24/dear-masterle-89638/

Kitsoru
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
The mods here have said multiple times on Site HQ and Marketplace-related threads that they have an official stance of not becoming involved with any issues stemming from transactions between members for any reason (as far as bannings, suspensions, etc). Sorry, but they're not going to do anything :/ The most you can do is have this warning to other users here.

Mimiru1618
08-25-2010, 05:24 PM
As far as I know, I don't know of any dealings with props, commissioners, and I know that different state actions can be a bit harder. Your lawyer should be able to help and assist you. If you have documentation of what you sent through and talked it should help...but because the money was a 'gift' it may forfeit the suit itself since it was, as stands, send as a 'gift'. But if it was request of seller, that's a good possibility for why he asked you to do that. I really hope something can be done D:. As for looking at that other website and your proof, it does look like it's not up to par with what he has on his pages. I'll see if I can get some more intel from my mother when I talk to her next~.

Mnemeth17
08-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification Goosebot, it's clear there is some awful shadiness going on with him and his partners in business and I'm sorry to hear you and others have been scammed. Unfortunately, since you said you sent the money as a gift, you have much less leverage legally, but there seem to be quite a few others affected by his practices- perhaps if you work together with them and their lawyers you could build up a strong enough case for fraud. Definitely sort this out sooner than later- the more you wait, the more he has time on his end to try and cover up stuff, and the weaker your case gets since courts will start to question why you didn't act sooner in suing him, and there might be a statute of limitations. I'm sure if you bring all your copies of communication, on forums, privately, etc. to your lawyer he can best advise you on how to get your money back. Hopefully lawyer's fees don't make the case not worth it though...

Goosebot 5000
08-25-2010, 11:33 PM
i really really appreciate all of the input from you guys. at this point ill be taking it to the legal battlefield. so now i guess this thread is officially now just a warning to anyone that is thinking about doing business with MasterLe. DONT. i think theres enough justification in this thread and the links provided here to see that this is not a good business, and it is not run by a good businessman.

and again i apologize for breaking any guidelines or rules with this thread or any of the posts. our home is usually over on therpf.com, so we arent as familiar with the changes as you guys are. hopefully my posts from here on out will be about all our new projects instead of warnings and sloppy business.

MasterLe247
08-27-2010, 04:07 AM
@Goosebot 5000, sorry for the late reply, i been away and very busy to check messages. You packages was delivered 2 weeks ago. I've checked the tracking number "9101 9314 8909 9074 0366 95 via USPS" and no record. I will call the USPS about the item tomorrow. I had advised you and you knew my other contacts "PhantomProphet". Instead of assuming i was a crook/instigating about me doing bad business. At least try to get in contact with friend "since you knew he was in collab with me" that would relay that info to me.

I will update you on your Helmet status tomorrow. either here or pvt msg

MasterLe247
08-27-2010, 04:10 AM
@Cujo, my email was hacked recently, and finally got it back couple days ago. Sorry for the very late response. But before the account hacked, i sent you an email about your helmet. Again, please don't assume or instigate until you get all the contact through. You knew the people who collab with me. So they could relay that info to me if i couldn't get to my messages. I've sent out a helmet before comic con, and seeing that you haven't still got it yet. Ill be sending you another one free of charge with tracking and scan of tracking receipt. ill keep you posted here or pvt msg.

Sethora
08-27-2010, 09:25 AM
@MasterLe247 - I've read this whole thread, and it doesn't make sense. Why would you NOT tell someone you are doing business with that you have to take a leave of absence? I'm sure they would understand. Excuses are never good things, especially in the commissioner department.

@Goosebot 5000 - I don't know, mail sucks. This I know. Items I've purchaced for my upcoming cosplay haven't even shipped yet, and it's starting to drive me crazy. Or they've shipped, and are stuck in a post office. Most things take 3-4 weeks to ship, on the adverage side. It's a fact of life, and it sucks quite genuinely. So do family emergencies. I'm not saying that what he did was RIGHT, but certainly, that real life happens.

Goosebot 5000
08-27-2010, 11:19 AM
you actually showed up! and AFTER legal action was settle on. fancy that.

i cant believe you expect cujo / darth clayton and myself to believe your excuses. and the rest of this board and its readers for that matter. even if there was some sort of problem with shipping, the tracking number would still have info. even if its the wrong info, if you have a tracking number, it has something with it. on top of that, you absolutely can not blame us for a lack of communication. both of us have sent private messages AND emails to you, cardboardking, and phantomprophet on several boards. i have even had two different mods contact you AGAIN with both email and private forum messages, and AGAIN nothing. i can pull references and time tables if youd like. post screenshots of my in and outbox from several boards. theres no way you missed THAT MANY messages thru THAT MANY mediums. even IF your email got hacked, which i still dont believe, thats at least 3 other messages JUST from myself. thats not counting mods, cujo, or any other buyers that youve done wrong. and there are several more.

as i stated in the other threads, i DO NOT want a replacement. this has taken almost 7 MONTHS. there is no opinion there, that IS bad business. since SO LONG has passed its now, i believe it has warranted a full refund. and id like it "sent as a gift to avoid fees" like you have told your buyers, presumably to thwart any legal action they might try to take with paypal. if you want to try to start making peace with the list of buyers that youve wronged, then its a good start.

also, i DO NOT want any private messages from you. i want ALL business between myself and you to be handled in the view of the public on this thread, darth claytons thread on the rpf, or in my original thread, also on the rpf. that way everyone will be able to see just the type of communication we are having, and how the business is handled. if youre not trying to scam anyone, then this would be a huge help for you to start proving that to the people that want your head.

i make and sell Halo armor and helmets. so i know exactly how business like this is handled. at no point should you ever be too busy to talk with customers. EVER. especially when replying to emails takes seriously no more than 5 minutes. and thats for a lengthy one. but for some reason tons of people are having trouble getting you to reply to ANYTHING.

youre right Sethora, it doesnt make sense. because its not true. Le, at this point you have talked yourself in circles, layered excuses on top of excuses on top of lies, and its all coming back to you. but between myself, cujo, and the others, we have enough proof to show how none of your story fits together, and that we have been mislead since day 1. i look forward to seeing your posted reply.

cujo
08-27-2010, 11:30 AM
AMEN Brother! I would like to get a refund as well, but it will probably be a cold day in a hot place before that happens. However I at least want something to show for this (helmet or money)..

Jeff
(aka Darth Clayton on RPF)

Goosebot 5000
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
i also forgot to add that its a great feeling to have sent you two different messages just to your account on THIS board within the past few weeks, and to not only get ignored, but to get ignored while youre posting updates. you realize that your login times and dates AND your uploaded pictures have a time and date stamp on them, right? and here you are still posting updates for whatever other projects you have going on, but not returning any emails or messages that are destroying your image and your business credibility. you are completely aware of everything that is going on on every board concerning your name, but you just keep letting yourself go down in flames. again. it just doesnt make sense.

Mimiru1618
08-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I do have to agree with Goosebot and Cujo. It does seem like it would take quite awhile for one to make armor...it took about a month and a half for my Zack Fair Armor to get here and I was fine because he said he was backed up. I, as a buyer, perfectly understand when I get an email saying the item will be delayed due to the commissioner being backed up or having received last minute rush items. However, saying that, if you get rush after rush, delay after delay, it becomes more and more fishy. If a lot of money is involved, as they say it is, then there's an obligation to either 1.) give them items that are up to par with your photos, descriptions, whatever 2.) Rip them off and suffer when they give you a bad review/warn people about it and want a refund. At that point, you don't really have a right to complain. And if you're working with collab partners, it should still be up to par with what you have posted. That's my belief. I wouldn't blame them if they chose to take legal action. And goosebot is right, the only time tracking doesn't work is when it's in customs. Even USPS sends their tracks through, maybe not all the time, but they do scan them every so often. Even if you just dropped them off at a drop station, they'll get scanned eventually. Even in customs it can be held for UP to 31 days I believe, and that's usually only for things they question thoroughly, so it's rare that would even happen.

I don't buy armor usually, due to the fact I am a college student and don't have an income to get something as hefty as that, but I know that a full set of Spartan armor LOOKS expensive, and I bet it is. Based off that, I assume anything like that is quite a price. Mostly anything in that department is expensive due to time, materials, and effort, lets not mention the possible dangers that could happen depending on the materials they're working with. I was going to make my shoulder pauldrons myself, but I didn't want to hurt myself due to inexperience. I'd kill to be able to buy something like that, but sadly...again my budget's minimal and limited to about 500 bucks a year, usually 300, because I'm a a college student and trying to find a job in a small town in Alabama is slim to none. I work minimum wage, and fitting in hours with school isn't something that's going to happen, so I work within the budget I have. I do, however, know that when someone is looking at your work and decides to commission you, that's what they're expecting. They're expecting what they paid for. You, the commissioner, are expected to give them what they wanted as it was at the time of purchase. Any changes made are not valid towards them, unless you contact them about it and make sure it's fine with them first.

As for the email thing, it did look like they sent you messages on different medias and not replying to them is a red flag. Surely you keep up with boards you commission on? And as a fair warning, if they choose to take legal action, not only would you have to repay them what is lost, if convicted, but you may have to pay a fee for their grievances and lawyer fees, and they are not cheap. So in the end, you're only going to hurt yourself and your business by not doing what is expected of you. Communication is key, and if you fail in that department, you will end up with VERY unsatisfied customers and will face more difficulties with trying to get business.

Your best bet now would only be to refund them and request they send the items back if that's what they want. And yes, I agree that there should be communication publicly here or on the other board so people know what to expect of you, rather than hiding behind a private message. I myself wish to keep up with this~.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't be afraid to ask me~.

Goosebot 5000
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
quick update.

the link provided on the first page that links to cujo's thread on therpf.com has now been merged with my original thread from the same board. so updates will be easier to track and follow. MasterLe has apparently sent the mod mediating my issue a private message saying hes on it, but still has yet to contact me or post on the boards any more. i dont know the time frame on that message, but if its after he replied on here, i know EXACTLY why hes not publicly posting it or trying to contact one of the parties. I cant say for sure that he hasnt tried to contact cujo / darth clayton, but the communication with me still lies just in this thread.

and MasterLe, you need to read thru these posts. REFUND. NO REPLACEMENT HELMET.

thank you.

cujo
08-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Goosebot, he hasn't contacted me yet either..:untrust:

Mimiru1618
08-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Got an update from my mother: She said that if you paid with a credit card, even if through paypal, you can file a complaint with them that it was fraudulent and that you didn't get what you paid for, otherwise definitely consult your lawyer about possible methods. She said that it may not be valid since you did send it as a gift per his request...but she's not for sure if, since it was HIS request, if you can still file for lawsuit, but it's definitely a possibility. I see it as worth a shot.

Goosebot 5000
08-28-2010, 04:18 PM
that will do some good, mimiru, thank you!

DC, i checked both the inbox and the spam folders of both of my email accounts, the one linked with my paypal and the personal one ive used for communication with him and phantomprophet, and no responses at all. i posted the same reply on therpf.

Jia Jem
08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
snip

This is a helpful entry, more along the lines that the original post should have been like. :) If you have a specific review with links and explanations, you can post in the review thread that is stickied on this page. Thanks!

edit: Sorry, guys. I was a little distracted when I closed this thread last night and didn't read it thoroughly (or notice there were 3 pages, whoops.) My bad. Reopened.

Please do not make this into a public record of your business transactions, as this goes against our site's privacy rules and terms of use.

cujo
08-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Update.. I was contacted by Le yesterday with a tracking #, and my "NEW" helmet should be delivered on 9/1/10. I will update when helmet is in hand..

Goosebot 5000
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
cujo actually received his replacement helmet. funny how that works the week of dragoncon, and all gets handled in a week or so, instead of however many months. i, however, have still received no contact with Le except for his post on this thread.

cujo
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Update.. Well I received my replacement helmet from Mr Le, and it is not much better and definitely not worth what I paid for it. He said if I had any more issues to contact the guy he works with, so I'll try that. But I too definitely want a REFUND! :angry:

Goosebot 5000
09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
so i just got home from work to find a package on my doorstep. i opened it and found a replacement war machine helmet. i was excited until i pulled it out. this one is even more damaged than the first. forgive all the pictures...

the jaw is literally hanging there. the only thing keeping it from completely falling off is the wire thats running from one side of the jaw to the other on the inside for the battery compartment / switch.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0848.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0846.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0844.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0839.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0838.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/Goose_024/IMG_0835.jpg

pardon me. but GOOD. LORD. seriously. and i still havent received a message or email from either of them. i didnt see him at the con. big surprise. i only saw one ironman, and it wasnt that great. i heard a mr zendragon was there with some NICE armor, but i never got a chance to bump in to him in person.

Mnemeth17
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, the craftsmanship looks awful shoddy. That bottom jaw looks like it's been torn off and then put back in place. I just hope you can wrestle out your refund from him and his partners. I hope you have legal actions in motion already to help encourage him to settle this before it gets even worse.

cujo
09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Just so you know that me and goosebot aren't blowing sunshine up your rear and making stuff up, here is a PM I received on another forum that Le and his associates frequent from his #2 guy.. This is the kind of jerks we are dealing with..:mad: And to top it all off this guy is trying to sell another helmet on the same forum that me and goosebot frequent..

Hey i dont appriciate you messing up my post.
i got your email. and i am sorry that you are unsatisfied with the helmet, but I am not the one who sold it to you, so if you decide to pursue legal action be my freakin guest. I did my best to rush out a replacement to both you and goosbot, trying to keep you happy. No where in master le's posting agreement stated about a refund if unsatisfied, nor a broken or damaged helmet policy. sorry you paid and were unhappy, you got a lemon. but was it really? EVeryone else who got a helmet was more than happy. you didnt like it the first time around so we made you another, you're not counting in time and product materials. So say you did somehow got your refund it would be only 70% of what you paid, because i aint giving up my time for free and im sure master Le isn't either. You know we aint a Wal-Mart. cant return it if you dont like it. We communicated with you, and tried to satisfy your demands, but cant refund what is spent. In your case if you dont like the way it was done, sand it down and redo it to what you want

BTW, here are some pics of the 2nd piece of crap they sent me..:mad:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/cujo65/Le%20IM%20Helmet/

Would you pay $375.00 for that? :mad:

I have put in a complaint for internet fraud through IC3... (Internet Crime Complaint Center )

StHoly
09-08-2010, 11:58 PM
sorry to say that doesn't seem like $375 item to me.. D:

Mimiru1618
09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Mmm both of those helmets look pretty bad to me.

Also in accordance to the PM Cujo recieved, this is what I have to say: If you don't want to hear complaints and returns of money: POST IT ON YOUR PAGE. It's not that hard to type 'We are not liable to refund you if you are unsatisfied. If there is damage, please private message'.

If there's damage like that, the commissioner should be held responsible for what I consider 'fraud'. And by that I mean, if you post pictures, you're commissioners are expecting THAT. Not some piece of crap work that you threw together in a few days.If you can't do that much, then you need to pay them back what's lost. You're a BUSINESS, you're not 'special'. Unless you STATE OTHERWISE, you're supposed to give a refund. And no if you post it up now it doesn't count towards them, because it wasn't there when they made the purchase. :/

I spend that much on a COSTUME, wig, shoes, outfit, whatever else. If you're asking for that much money, you better pull through. Don't snarl at the OP like a moron when you were the one at fault. Yes, you put your time into it, but you should have done it right the FIRST time to avoid the complaints. Any smart person knows that. Who wants a helmet who's jaw is coming off or looks cheap? No one. Do your job instead of putting half your effort into it, and you'll have zero problems.

I'm sorry that happened to you Cujo and Goosebot. :( I hope it works out. I would definitely consider a lawyer still and do as Cujo did and contact the IC3.

baypistolman
09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have only seen Anthony's work on therpf.com & youtube and his stuff looks top notch. I wish I could order a suit from him too. I do sympathize but shipping these delicate suits are very hard especially with how they just throw stuff around during shipping. I would definitely suggest getting some good shipping insurance.

Goosebot 5000
09-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have only seen Anthony's work on therpf.com & youtube and his stuff looks top notch. I wish I could order a suit from him too. I do sympathize but shipping these delicate suits are very hard especially with how they just throw stuff around during shipping. I would definitely suggest getting some good shipping insurance.

the whole problem would have been avoided if they knew how to ship items. the boxes that ive received for both helmets have been just big enough to squeak by, and the packing materials are almost non existent. so that would have been an easy fix IF you could get Le or any of his goons to even respond to you. the reply Le left in this thread is the only contact ive had with him in months. he put all the blame on one of his teammates that goes by the forum name PhantomProphet on therpf.com, im not sure if hes a member on here. but he also has avoided contact with me. even when i received the second damaged helmet. nothing.

i would stay away from all business with MasterLe. his suit may look great, but thats HIS suit. he has tons of extra work put in to his. even if you buy a finished product, the quality of the build, the detailing, and the painting is all below par. as you can see on the pictures of the second helmet i bought, they were drawing in details with sharpie, because their mold is dying out. there are several iron man and war machine sellers over on therpf that are not only great builders, but great people as well. a couple of them have even stepped forward and are willing to give up their personal resources to help myself and cujo out. those are the guys you want to do business with. youll actually get what you paid for, AND theyll actually communicate with you.

Icemanjj
09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I was referred to this page from the RPF site. I don't normally join in on "hate" threads, but it's important that people see what this member of the costuming community is doing to people who pay exhorbitant prices for his products.

Please refer to this thread about my recent experiences with MasterLe/ Anthony

http://www.therpf.com/f24/well-i-got-my-masterle-helmets-96437/

SushiKai
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
personally, i've seen his warmachine suit up close at comic con, its not bad, but when you can see the back of his scalp show through the helmet..
but that's just my opinion.

pr3dato8
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Just fully read this thread! I cant believe that he actually tunred up here and started making up excuses! Here is MY story:

2 years ago i contacted him and told him that i want 2 buy a war machine helmet (i said that the maximum i could spend is $330 and he said that thats exactly how much it costed)...so basically he said fine and told me the price is $330 + $50 for posting with a track number

he then asked me to send him money through paypal as a "gift" so that i wouldnt have to pay tax for money transfer. this was the 1st time i used paypal so i didnt know that when u send money as a "gift" u cant ask for a refund through paypal.

after a few weeks he said that he sent the helmet but for some reason it doesnt have a track number (he didnt even ask for my address, he said he knew it through my payal acount).

after a few weeks i sent him a pm asking where is the helmet but recieved no reply. i have since been sending him messages to all of his acounts (youtube, thrpf, hunter's lair ect) but never recieve any replies.

i contaced cardboard king and later he said that he phoned to masterle and he said that he indeed sent me the helmet to canada. BUT I LIVE IN UK!

cardboard king never replied to me again.

so masterle ignores me, i couldnt ask for a refund through paypal and masterle got away with my $380! mods didnt even care and said that it was my fault.

I never got my money back, what I hated the most is that everyone kept thinking that masterle is this great guy who makes awesome suits when he is actually a scammer.

----------------------------------------------------
I am in the same boat as Goosebot 5000, I want my refund! And I did send masterle A LOT of messages and he never replied and I could clearly see that he visited the websites DAILY!

I registered on this website so I could tell you my story but my main thread about this is here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/has-masterle-cheated-you-96508/

------------------------------------------------
If you are reading this MasterLe, I am 321dator from Hunter's Lair and I want my 380 back u cheat!

Shackoonz
10-12-2010, 02:23 PM
wow...... thanks for the heads up

helenyvonne
09-04-2013, 03:36 PM
This is presented as a CUSTOMER PRODUCT REVIEW and is accurate to the best of my ability and knowledge.

I see that this is an older post, but I am posting my experience with Mr Le and his product anywhere and every where I can. Two words - BUYER BEWARE!

My boyfriend purchased a Mark 3 IronMan suit less than a year ago - actually we received product in Feb 2013. We paid $3800 and when the product was ready to ship we then were notified of a $700+ shipping cost, after questioning this cost we were told that he could ship with a different company for $400+. Even with that shipping issue, what seemed to me to be a bit shady) my boyfriend was 110% interested in the mask being made electronically functional (lifting and lowering), but Mr Le refused to add this on at the time he made the suit saying there was other customers waiting for that feature and we would have to re-ship the helmet back to him to complete at a later time for an additional cost which was a range up to an additional $1200.00 and additional shipping charges both ways. We opted out of that choice - thank goodness.

My boyfriend's suit was not perfect by any means. He fitted into the suit three times, all three times he had an issue. Paint was bubbling up and chipping off, the original paint job was not even and showed a lot of flaws (which Mr. Le added a typed up piece of paper explaining that elevation levels can effect the paint),his left leg knee piece stuck out a lot further (very noticeable) from the other. His left leg piece at the floor was longer than the right leg piece, so he could not properly walk without dragging the plastic on the left leg across the ground or it would bend under (near the ankle area) - we had to trim this as it was a walking hazard and we did not want the suit to be damaged. The helmet did not proper fit my boyfriends head even though measurements were provided and the helmet did not properly line up for easy open and close, which impeded the lights coming on and off properly in the eye area. The most devastating flaw was the iron man arc reactor had pulled away from the chest piece. My boyfriend kept the suit stored exactly as instructed by Mr Le. My boyfriend had to make major adjustments to fix this low quality craftsmanship work (again more money out of our pockets. He re-removed the suit from the original boxes shipped and stored in and wore the suit ONCE since purchase to the June Philadelphia Comiccon/Wizard World for a period of 6 hours.

What we have today, as we prepare for the Baltimore comiccon this weekend - well, paint continues to chip off of various areas of the suit, seams are now opening up in the thigh areas where the gold pieces are bonded to the upper thigh areas on both legs (as the bond used is evidently not working properly or was not applied properly or was not even the correct bond in the first place), the helmet is cracking in the back (nap of neck) where two pieces where molded together (visually noticeable).

This is absolutely NOT top quality and not worth the money or frustration we have lost in this Ironman suit. We have to find other experts willing and able to now help with painting repairs, seam repairs, helmet repairs and proper fitting.

I am not happy with this purchase - I hope that my experience with Mr Le and his "product" will help other decide if this is the best option for them when considering a purchase of such cost and delow average quality.

I am more than willing to provide anyone with proof with pictures of the suit, receipts through paypal and email correspondence between my boyfriend and Mr Le.

This is presented as a CUSTOMER PRODUCT REVIEW and is accurate to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Lady Neese
03-24-2014, 09:41 AM
FYI, The person who originally helped Anthony to make his first Ironman costume was this gentleman https://www.facebook.com/#!/nmt723?fref=ts, whom Anthony then screwed over which is why all the work that has come after the first suit is crap. Cause they no longer work together. Nate does fantastic work and is really a sweet guy, and he may be able to give you tips on how to fix things that have gone awry with your costumes.

I really hope you all have gotten your money back or at least some compensation for dealing with Anthony.