PDA

View Full Version : Ciel Phantomhive (artwork/figurine version)

Akikay
08-18-2010, 07:22 PM
(please ignore thread)

Mehdia
08-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I have never made this costume myself before, but I can offer you some ideas for it. One, if you can't find the fabric in the right colors, you can always buy the blue and add the stripes yourself with strips of fabric/ribbon/bias tape. That way, you can control what colors you are using. But I don't see why you couldn't do the striped part in another color. A lot of people take artistic liberties with costumes, so if it's well done, it probably won't be frown upon. You have to please yourself first and foremost with the costume you make.

Akikay
08-19-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought about adding the stripes myself. How difficult would doing that be?

Mehdia
08-19-2010, 08:03 AM
It's not so much difficult as it is time consuming and patience trying. You just have to make sure you have enough of both fabrics and place down your stripes (I would suggest using a spray adhesive) and then carefully stitch them all down right along the edge of the stripe. For the amount of fabric you need, it will take you some time, but if you work slowly and carefully, it will turn out fine.

TrannyMess
08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I thought about adding the stripes myself. How difficult would doing that be?

For that amount of fabric, I wouldn't add the stripes. Getting that much evenly spaced would take forever and most likely not look too great. I would suggest finding a blue fabric with white stripes. That is much easier to find. Then, just throw it in some yellow dye. The dye won't show up on the dark blue but will dye the white stripes (assuming you selected a fabric that will take dye).

Akikay
08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh really? I asked my mom about that and she said the blue would likely turn out green, but I guess if it's a darker blue that wouldn't happen. Thanks for the suggestions!

Akikay
08-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Another question: Would altering a blazer be suitable for Ciel's jacket?

Rainbowgasm
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
honestly I don't see the yellow O_O I see white...
and you MIGHT beable (dont take my word for it though) to modify a blazer if you can find one that shade of blue... or dye a white one...

Akikay
09-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the advice, but I won't be needing it. ^^