PDA

View Full Version : Seeking BART Buddies (or carpoolers)

aonceu
09-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Well, i just found out how expensive parking is gonna be at Yaoi-con so thats out the door....unless, of course, some of you guys want to carpool and split the cost.

Im most likely gonna be taking BART though and considering im a Bart virgin, i was hoping to meet someone around my area to be Bart buddies with. I pathetically think that taking Bart is gonna be exciting but i dont want to go alone in costume.. I probably wont be wearing my full costume but there is safety in numbers

Anyway, if anyones planning on taking Bart or wants to carpool, please let me know. I live in the Fremont area so if anyone around here is going to Yaoi-con, drop me a line

Thanks guys =)

SilverFox
09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Well, i just found out how expensive parking is gonna be at Yaoi-con so thats out the door....unless, of course, some of you guys want to carpool and split the cost.

Im most likely gonna be taking BART though and considering im a total Bart virgin, i was hoping to meet someone around my area to be Bart buddies with. I pathetically think that taking Bart is gonna be exciting but im scared to go alone in costume.. I probably wont be wearing my full costume but still, id rather be safe than sorry and there is safety in numbers =)

Anyway, if anyones planning on taking Bart or wants to carpool, please let me know. I live in the Fremont area so if anyone around here is going to Yaoi-con, drop me a line!

Thanks guys!! =)

I live in Pleasanton, which is like, half an hour from Fremont as the car flies along the freeway... ^_^

But yeah, I commute almost every day so I am completely and totally familar with the BART system.

LOL I'd never wear full costume on the BART without someone else with me either, so I understand that worry. And no, thinking that a BART ride would be cool isn't pathetic. ^_^ For someone like me who's been commuting for years, there's something about it that makes me relax because for the most part, it's Mr. Reliable.

But anyway... I'm also going to Yaoi-con and will more than likely be taking BART myself, so if by any chance you'd want to meet at Bayfair Station or carpool or something or other, gimme a holler! ^_^

ACXchan
09-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Muni for me, sorry I'm on the opposite side of the bridge from you, but I *am* going to be riding the Muni in costume, like I did last year XD! I think stopping at the Embarcadero then switching from BART to Muni should be a cheaper fare for you guys right?

SilverFox
09-29-2003, 09:59 PM
I.. think it would be cheaper. Though now that I think about it, I don't think I would have long to walk if I decided to walk there.

I've had notoriously bad experiences taking the MUNI myself, so.... errrr... somehow walking feels safer. That way I can give it as good as I got. LOL ^_^

But heeey, if I have company, MUNI would be doable.

I wonder how many peeps will be taking mass transit since Y-con's location is so convenient...

flowers_of_evil
09-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Muni for me, sorry I'm on the opposite side of the bridge from you, but I *am* going to be riding the Muni in costume, like I did last year XD! I think stopping at the Embarcadero then switching from BART to Muni should be a cheaper fare for you guys right?

ill be taking the muni too and this is prolly a really dumb question ^^;;;;; but what stop would i get off at to get to the con

ACXchan
10-01-2003, 09:35 PM
LOL we can all be freaks on the Muni XD! Just make sure you have $2.50 for each day x_x!

flowers_of_evil, you want to get off at the Powell St. station ^ ^ Btw... do you read Baudelaire?

flowers_of_evil
10-01-2003, 09:41 PM
LOL we can all be freaks on the Muni XD! Just make sure you have $2.50 for each day x_x!

flowers_of_evil, you want to get off at the Powell St. station ^ ^ Btw... do you read Baudelaire?

thanks ^^ and yes i do read baudelaire he is one of my favs ^_____^

ACXchan
10-02-2003, 04:03 AM
No problem ^ ^ I like the location for this year's YCon cause it's conveniently located near Union Square. Last year I think we had to take the train then get on a bus into the Mission District or something.

Wai I have a bilingual copy of Les Fleurs du Mal and Paris Spleen XD

aonceu
10-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Its lonely over here in Fremont

But it looks like im on my own.. BART is relatively safe right? My friend told me that the beat up old car parked on the sidewalk in front of his house was his "BART car". Id rather not go alone considering im going to be riding BART around midnight just to get home...

I just need some reassurance i guess.. This is one thing id rather not do alone..

SilverFox
10-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Its so lonely over here in Fremont... =(

But yeah, looks like i might be on my own.. So BART is pretty safe right? I hear stories about the BART parking lot (where am i supposed to park!!) and my friend even told me that the beat up old car parked on the sidewalk in front of his house was his "BART car"... *gulp* Im incredibly scared to go considering im going to be riding BART around midnight just to get home...

I just need some honest reassurance i guess.. This is one thing im scared to do alone.. =P

If you drive a Ferrari or Supra or something nice and flashy, you might be right to have second doubts, but if it's just some typical car to drive around in, you should be fine. :)

I used to live in Fremont actually and might I suggest just riding the bus or having someone drive you and your stuff to the station? ^_^

Then you don't have to worry about things like getting your car boosted or jacked.

And if you'd like, you'd have company for BART too.

Trust me, from a person who's BARTed EVERYwhere for the last 3 years... things will be juuust fine. :D There are always a bad apple or two in the barrel, but it shouldn't ruin your whole perspective you know?

^_^

ACXchan
10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
That and if worse comes to worse you can just veeeeeery quickly move to a different BART car. People won't usually follow you unless they're pissed at you for whatever reason. I think that's just a part of public transportation in general ^ ^;;

It doesn't look like I'll be able to accompany any of you as the "cosplayers ride the Muni-Bart" group as I seem to be the only one going eastward instead of westward @D@

aonceu
10-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Okay, i feel a lot better about this now. Im a little excited. Hope to see you at the con. Ill be cosplaying Nikki from Chrono Cross (NOT wearing that to BART!)) So if you see me, say hi

Thanks again and if theres anything else i should know, let me know. Thanks

flowers_of_evil
10-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Okay, i feel a lot better about this now. Even more excited than before actually! Thanks a lot for your support and i hope to see you at the con! (Im going dressed as Nikki from Chrono Cross (yeah, i definitely SHOULD NOT wear that to the BART!)) So if you see me, be sure to say hi! =)

Thanks again and if theres anything else i should know, let me know. Thanks!!

yeah the barts not soo bad its the muni i dont like >< last nite some homeless guy peed on one of the seats.....it smelled so bad and some lady sat in it i felt sooooo bad for her ;_;