PDA

View Full Version : Cosplayer's Archive

kiratsukai
08-20-2010, 03:08 AM
I've been playing with cosp.jp a ~lot~ this past week while trying to communicate with the layers I met at Comiket.

I've also caved to peer pressure and have gotten a CURE... though I'm really disappointed with how little it offers in comparison.

I'm curious to know if anyone else here is an archiver. And if not ~ would a partial guide in English be something people would be interested in having?

Poking through the unions, there are quite a lot devoted to interest in foreigners and foreign events... there's even one for cosplay.com. Might be fun to get some more foreign faces into the mix. The community/networking element both Cure and cosplay.com are lacking seems to be just waiting to be tapped into on archive.

Michi
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I signed up today, actually. I had heard about it a bit ago but didn't bother to register until now. :)

elisiss
08-23-2010, 03:05 PM
ちなみにおいらもいるぞ ^^

kiratsukai
08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
ちなみにおいらもいるぞ ^^

elisissさんもarchive使っているという意味ですか? そうだったら番号を教えてくださいませ んか? 

You too, MICHI ^^

I am in desperate need of more friends to play with.

CelestialShadow
08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
I really need a walk through of cosplayers archive, its giving me a headache lol....I have managed to upload a few photos but I dont quite clearly understand how it works. Frankly I like cure better because its a simpler program to use =P

elisiss
08-24-2010, 05:18 AM
elisissさんもarchive使っているという意味ですか? そうだったら番号を教えてくださいませ んか? 

You too, MICHI ^^

I am in desperate need of more friends to play with.

Ok
my account No. is 68361

特に何もないですよ(笑)
主に友人の撮影を担当しているので、私の友達の写真を見るとよいでしょう
そう言えば最近、コスやってない
昔は罰ゲームでよく、何かをやってましたがねぇ

kiratsukai
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I added you, elisiss. Thanks! I found Dan, too. He was leaving footprints on my profile ^^

Still haven't found MICHI or Shadow though.

And just to put in a good word for the Japanese cosplay community: all but one of the ten or eleven cosplayers and photographers I've gotten in touch with so far through meshi recieved at events in the last few weeks have gotten back to me, friended me and have been incredibly kind (if not slightly overwhelming in their rush to include me in things... I'm not quite sure I'm up to being passed the "baton" in survey games yet). The biggest gap is obviously a language one... though at least one of my new friends has been trying out a few English phrases here and there. I imagine if enough of us are on archive who are able to use English, we could start an English-language union and use it to find people interested in English-language exchange.

Koh also has a union "コスプレで国際交流 (http://www.cosp.jp/comm.aspx?id=14259)" which is a good place to start. "海外イベントに興味シンシン (http://www.cosp.jp/comm.aspx?id=41)" is a union for cosplayers interested in foreign events (attending and learning about them). And the cosplay.com union is right here (http://www.cosp.jp/comm.aspx?id=5186).

There's also at least one union devoted to loving how foreigners look... but joining that might seem kind of arrogant :P

To join a union, go to the union toolbar just above the open union page and click "この同盟に参加する" (participate in this union). Most unions are open to anyone but a few require invitation or application.

DanRSL
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Yea, that site is a little overwhelming at first, but I feel like I'm starting to get more used to it. Looks like you caught my trail, haha

I was even a little confused how to friend someone, I guess it's just お気に入り登録, right? (edit: nevermind, it found フレンド登録する, duh) An English union sounds like a good idea, I'm sure some of them would like to practice with us, and that could make it less stressful.

kiratsukai
08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
お気に入り登録 - add/record as a favorite
フレンド登録する sends a friend request.

Just be careful. It's considered a bit rude/creepy to start right off with a friend request. If it isn't someone you know well ~ email first and mention in the mail that you'd like to be friends. If they agree, then use the friend request function (if they don't do it for you). It avoids awkward "hanging invitations" (since very few will outright refuse you).